DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...at a time like this, she said in her interview
I’ve been thinking about that part of her statement
Knowing about the ex filing the report on 2/5 according to his court filing
They move immediately thereafter - has it ever been confirmed why? I heard a reason but I’m not sure if it’s been verified...so I won’t say it here...
It really starts to sound like she was already on edge and this time she went too far. And then she had to clean up -yet another- mess (he had been sick for 2 Weeks after all, among all that too)
Sorry guys I’m just trying to get inside her head, inside that statement...
It’s really revealing I think...it might be the key...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“at a time like this”...interesting statement...

They moved because the previous apartment had only 1BR and 4 people living there. I’ve been told it was too small for all of them and they needed more space.

They moved because the previous apartment had only 1BR and 4 people living there. I’ve been told it was too small for all of them and they needed more space.

Thank you! I had heard that but it hadn’t been verified that I had seen. So I didn’t want to say. [emoji16]

I’m getting the impression that the Wichita volunteers didn’t really understand the meaning of the nondisclosure statement they had to sign to help TXEQ. This is a risk that any group utilizing volunteers takes.

I agree. That’s why I wanted to discuss it off of the forum.

I wonder who made the decision to move? EG quickly reduced the number of people living in the home to 3. It only took her a matter of days.

Do we know if EG was allowed to stay in the home until her arrest or had police secured the home and not released it yet.

I have typed and deleted enough times my fingures should be raw. I am just going to request all landowners PLEASE search your property.

Hhhhmmmm Pink me too!

That’s a good question. I do not know the answer to that. Hopefully someone does.
And did it say which LE dept he reported to- the custody agreement is in Butler County - would there be possible jurisdictional issues as well?

No, it’s all Sedgwick County. Butler County starts right outside of Andover. Give me a second and I will explain the process, it’s multilayered.

ETA: Also, it’s filed in Sedgwick because it happened in Sedgwick County.

This is standard when anyone has asked for any sort of custody changes too. Since EG had been asking for unsupervised visitation with her boys, and it was limited to Sunday’s, her next step most likely would be to ask for overnights. It could affect what a homestudy would show if they only lived in a one bedroom appt with 2 children. Technically all children are supposed to have their own bed. That doesn’t mean every child in Wichita does, but it’s one of those things that can come up in a custody issue.

Okay, some of you were asking about EG’s ex and the process he used to report the incident between JH and her kids. If you read the transcription I did from the pages I could see from the newscast, the final incident the ex used as a reason to suspend those visits is because of the report that Lucas was missing. The reason that’s important for the custody case, asking to keep EG from having contact with their children is that it’s something directly attributed to her-either as being neglectful and allowing Lucas to disappear under her care, or that she’s not been cleared yet as being involved in his disappearance. As far as the police report is concerned, that is a separate issue and is reporting the incident for the police to investigate and possibly to file charges. Because EG claimed to have thrown out JH, the disappearance of LH gives credit to the ex’s case that the boys could possibly still be exposed to JH and that it’s possible EG lied about JH being thrown out of the house. Filing reports with CPS doesn’t require a police report however if you want to use anything criminal against the other parent, you have to have proof of the incident/issue/concern. You can’t just say the other parent let your child be hurt by their significant other without backing that up. Plus, since there is now a child in need of care case going on in EG’s home, it’s standard for anything physical, mental, emotional, etc that could be considered abuse outside of that case to be filed with the police as well as CPS. It’s not uncommon for parents to make reports days or weeks later once they have gotten more information or given that advice from an attorney (not that EG’s ex did, just a general statement). Does any of that make sense? Basically the ex’s police report and legal filings are a separate issue than Lucas’s disappearance, tho they both involve the same person.

Please ask questions if that’s not clear or doesn’t make sense.

Okay, some of you were asking about EG’s ex and the process he used to report the incident between JH and her kids. If you read the transcription I did from the pages I could see from the newscast, the final incident the ex used as a reason to suspend those visits is because of the report that Lucas was missing. The reason that’s important for the custody case, asking to keep EG from having contact with their children is that it’s something directly attributed to her-either as being neglectful and allowing Lucas to disappear under her care, or that she’s not been cleared yet as being involved in his disappearance. As far as the police report is concerned, that is a separate issue and is reporting the incident for the police to investigate and possibly to file charges. Because EG claimed to have thrown out JH, the disappearance of LH gives credit to the ex’s case that the boys could possibly still be exposed to JH and that it’s possible EG lied about JH being thrown out of the house. Filing reports with CPS doesn’t require a police report however if you want to use anything criminal against the other parent, you have to have proof of the incident/issue/concern. You can’t just say the other parent let your child be hurt by their significant other without backing that up. Plus, since there is now a child in need of care case going on in EG’s home, it’s standard for anything physical, mental, emotional, etc that could be considered abuse outside of that case to be filed with the police as well as CPS. It’s not uncommon for parents to make reports days or weeks later once they have gotten more information or given that advice from an attorney (not that EG’s ex did, just a general statement). Does any of that make sense? Basically the ex’s police report and legal filings are a separate issue than Lucas’s disappearance, tho they both involve the same person.

I just was wondering aloud above if the ex reported it in Butler County to say, Andover police if there might be a jurisdictional issue in getting dcf to investigate in Sedgwick County. I don’t think it said in the parts we could see where he reported it to tho. Kind of following a train of thought, if he reported it 2/5, in Butler County would it have been followed up on immediately, before the move maybe?
Just pondering...

Having the educational background that I have, I understand those things, too. But here's the thing: the police department in Wichita is currently under fire for unnecessary secrecy. In addition, it has discontinued and changed the number to the dedicated tipline for Lucas several times. Have they given a recent press conference about the FBI's progress? I have not heard one, recently. Also, I have not even heard any of the adults in Lucas's life issue a plea for his safe return; of course, I recognize that is not law enforcement's fault, but it seems that someone would have encouraged at least one of Lucas's adults to do so, by now. Why are journalists in Lucas's part of Kansas given a hard time by law enforcement when they ask for updates on this, and other cases?

I think, when and if a trial occurs here, there will be no problem seating a jury if the public is kept informed of the progress of the search for Lucas.

WPD and/or FBI are not obligated to update the public in regards to ongoing criminal investigations. The reasons seem fairly simple. It is an ongoing investigation - by releasing information prematurely, they risk compromising the investigation. By compromising the investigation, they risk being able to take a solid case to the DA. Without a solid case, DA may not take it. Loose lips sink ships. Facts about the case will not become public knowledge. Parents who jump in front of the camera are notoriously torn-apart for crying, not crying, crying too hard, eye dodging, saying the wrong word, using past tense, etc.....I know I would plead for my child back on camera, I don’t know many people that wouldn’t, but as an adult I don’t need to be guided in that way.
I’m sure LE gets tired of having to say “no new updates”, but that doesn’t mean they are not working the case-there are just “no new updates they can report”.
I feel like WPD Chief Ramsay has been forthcoming with info to the public as he is able to.
I for one, want the integrity of this case held at the highest standard, because when it’s “go time” I want whomever responsible for Lucas ‘ death to “go down”.
MOO

I just was wondering aloud above if the ex reported it in Butler County to say, Andover police if there might be a jurisdictional issue in getting dcf to investigate in Sedgwick County. I don’t think it said in the parts we could see where he reported it to tho. Kind of following a train of thought, if he reported it 2/5, in Butler County would it have been followed up on immediately, before the move maybe?
Just pondering...

Sorry, I meant to include the answer to that, I edited my comment. It’s filed in Sedgwick County because that is where the incident occurred. The original parenting plan originated in Butler, but if a person moves out of the county, any changes are typically filed in the current petitioners county. It was Butler before because that is where EG lives at the time.

ETA: I meant filed in the defendants county, I need a nap I think [emoji51]. Foxrun Appts are in Sedgwick

Thank you that answers alot. So it is possible police had not gotten around to investigate the incident yet and possibly DCF not even aware of the incident at the time LH went missing.

RSFF

Excellent advice regarding not touching mail boxes.

But, I wonder if there are newspaper boxes in that area. If so, would it be legal to place flyers in those?

moo

I don't have any experience with that but I think it might be different. If anyone wanted to do that maybe contact the witchita eagle since it would be their boxes and ask them what the protocol would be. It's worth a shot anyway to get the word out to rural areas.

If my comments are the only ones you’ve seen regarding possible prosecution of this case then you haven’t read any of the threads thoroughly. There have been many discussions about prosecution, possible charges, current charges, etc
Brushed off? As I said above journalists had been told there were no updates. Or they couldn’t disclose certain information. I guess if you consider that brushing off...

Must be a journalist- “The information the public desires is about the search for Lucas”
That would seem like way tMI for LE to put out-hell, the mods ,Henry and Gig spent all day cleaning up our search posts yesterday! Imagine a nation of search info

Thank you that answers alot. So it is possible police had not gotten around to investigate the incident yet and possibly DCF not even aware of the incident at the time LH went missing.

It’s possible, however since this is a high profile situation, I’d bet that it has at least had an initial forensic interview with the boys. The closer to the incident you can interview children the better. Especially if it’s been filed with CPS as well, we had a certain amount of time to make contact with a family, 24-48 hours was the policy.

For Kara Kopetsky we printed flyers and took them to pizza shops they put on boxes, took flyers to major grocery store chains, convenience stores and cashiers would put a flyer in one of the bags as customers checked out, we made signs and got permission from the city to place at certain intersections, several fast food drive thru also handed out flyers to people going thru drive thru lane as long as we provided stack of flyers. Just some ideas of ways we got info out for Kara.

It’s possible, however since this is a high profile situation, I’d bet that it has at least had an initial forensic interview with the boys. The closer to the incident you can interview children the better. Especially if it’s been filed with CPS as well, we had a certain amount of time to make contact with a family, 24-48 hours was the policy.

Thats good to know that CPS has that time line. I just wonder how fast police did an interview with JH, the incident was before Lucas went missing so not high profile at that time. Also they may have had trouble initially locating him to talk to him. The incident was reported the 5th and they moved a few days after that and then he left for work shortly after the move.

Was just pondering if LE showing up at her door somewhere between the 11-15th looking to talk to JH about the incident would of been trigger for her.

...at a time like this, she said in her interview
I’ve been thinking about that part of her statement
Knowing about the ex filing the report on 2/5 according to his court filing
They move immediately thereafter - has it ever been confirmed why? I heard a reason but I’m not sure if it’s been verified...so I won’t say it here...
It really starts to sound like she was already on edge and this time she went too far. And then she had to clean up -yet another- mess (he had been sick for 2 Weeks after all, among all that too)
Sorry guys I’m just trying to get inside her head, inside that statement...
It’s really revealing I think...it might be the key...

“At a time like this”
IMO, I am thinking in order to have more custody with her children (overnights) they would have to move from the previous one bedroom. Potentially 4 children and two adults in a one bedroom? The courts are known to want the visiting child/children to have a space or room of their own-
That sentence of hers haunted me until Recently when I came up with that scenario/which brings this to mind. Under scrutiny about visitation/custody with boys, LL knows Lucas is alone, it screws the whole plan up in her mind - Lucas ‘s fault and she wants her own boys with her. Ughhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member