Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #14 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I give up. Lol. I'll just stick to reading. Sorry about that though. I thought that as long it was in reference to EG we could post about it.

Don't worry, the rules sometimes take a while to master, but you will! I have been here for a bit and still make mistakes. :blushing:

Seems to me that EG was able to snow a lot of people. Even when Lucas tried to tell about the abuse, the adults weren't sure what to think at first: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article201392504.html

"Houchin said Lucas had told her long before he disappeared that he did not like his stepmother. When Houchin asked why, she said, he replied: “She’s mean to me.”
When she questioned him, Houchin said, the boy said, “She is too.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article201392504.html#storylink=cpy

MOO!

Quote snipped by me.

I didn't get the impression that LH's family who made the abuse complaints were snowed by EG or that they "weren't sure what to think at first". We don't know what questions the great-grandmother asked for him to answer "She is too".

Great-grandmother quote:

"“Lucas told me several times that (his stepmother) did not like him and that she was mean to him. I talked to (Lucas’ father) with (the stepmother) present and of course she said it was not true,” the letter says.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article201392504.html#storylink=cpy

Casesensitive, you're right -- I didn't mean to imply what came across. What I intended to convey is that these situations are very difficult. Child abuse is a very serious accusation, kids do get bruises, and sometimes kids don't like their stepparents. In considering the possibility that EG puts on a good "front," I'm so glad Lucas' family took the time to really listen to him and ask questions of him. I interpreted "She is, too" to be Lucas insisting that EG is, indeed, "mean" after he felt someone expressed doubt -- I was looking at that part of the interview and contemplating how people like EG can manipulate and twist events and conversations to their favor as well as how they are able to convince others that something did or did not happen. I wasn't trying to imply anything about Lucas' family and I am truly sorry that I made that impression.

I was really trying to talk about EG and how she might "work" a situation. I think GigTu said it best below:

She gaslighted a lot of people. She probably has a bigger fear of those people communicating with each other than she does of Lucas being found. Dirty.

FBI trains Kansas agencies in missing, abducted child cases

The FBI is helping to make sure law enforcement agencies across the state know how to handle cases of missing and abducted children.

[...]

While this volunteer group searches for Lucas, the FBI is training 35 law enforcement agencies from across Kansas.

"This started a couple years ago, it is now expanding across the country, I will tell you this region, Kansas in general is ahead of the curve," said Special Agent Darrin Jones with the FBI Kansas City office.

They are using the same training the FBI's team uses when responding to child abductions.

[...]

The training is not just in the classroom, as they'll be holding an exercise in El Dorado on Thursday.

[...]

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/FB...n-missing-abducted-child-cases-477572793.html

The FBI is helping to make sure law enforcement agencies across the state know how to handle cases of missing and abducted children.

[...]

While this volunteer group searches for Lucas, the FBI is training 35 law enforcement agencies from across Kansas.

"This started a couple years ago, it is now expanding across the country, I will tell you this region, Kansas in general is ahead of the curve," said Special Agent Darrin Jones with the FBI Kansas City office.

They are using the same training the FBI's team uses when responding to child abductions.

[...]

The training is not just in the classroom, as they'll be holding an exercise in El Dorado on Thursday.

[...]

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/FB...n-missing-abducted-child-cases-477572793.html

BBM: I like this part!!

The informations timing.

It appeared far far into the matter before us.

I question it, more or less, because for a long period of time the last evidence Lucas was alive and verified was when he met several people. (The neighbors and their children) allthe kids were outside. Weeks later someone who never came forward and after all the publicity in this case should have come forward at the beginning, I question not necessarily the truthfulness, but the accuracy of memory.

And and I think LE needs to think about releasing more information.

I believe EG May in fact be much more conniving and decieptful than we first gave her credit for.

I strongly believe due due to the length of time taking to find Lucas she is either incredibly lucky or has the ability to plan and execute quite a coverup.

I believe she uses her kids to cover for much more than we realize.

And in this relationship she has a vast amount of time when JH is out of town working she can do absolutely anything.

As as far as the child peeking, we need more detail. The did this person see Lucas well enough to identify him with 100% certainty or was it drapery(closed)moving just enough and EG SUGGESTING TO THIS PERSON that it was Lucas when it may have been the cat.

People make honest errors all the time. Definitely need more info in order to depend on this info.

And theres the question of the relationship between EG and whoever rented this house to her and JH. It is the general tone of EG life in totality.

Justthink about this and take it in totality.

Will edit this this in a minute I need to look at some dates and records.
Shes 26 yo.

We have no idea when LE or the family got the information about the landlord seeing Lucas. There’s lots of information that hasn’t been released to the general public. We don’t even know the circumstances of LE and the family hearing about seeing Lucas - how or when the LL came forward. Just because the VI couldn’t share it here for some time doesn’t mean they didn’t have that information from the beginning or very early in.
We aren’t LE. We aren’t privy to everything they know or have uncovered during the investigation or how.
The VIs provide info as they are able and allowed, and this can mean sprinkles of information here and there - but it may not correlate at all with how or when that information was known.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several threads back, a poster asked if they had checked pools in the area. I wonder if they are any close by that she could have placed him in. That would be an ideal place for the time being. It's too bad LE couldn't have residents check their pool covers to see if maybe the ropes of one has been loosened and retied.

Probably grasping at straws here, but if she was looking for a place within walking distance and looking for a place for him to be hidden for awhile, a pool would be ideal. It also takes a few days with some pools to be cleaned out of debris that gets under the covers like leaves and dirt. No matter how diligent we were closing ours up, we still had a green pool with lots of leaves and acorns to clean out at our old house when we reopened the pool in May.

Does anyone have a small fish pond at their residence? My cousin has a good size one in her backyard, and you can't see the bottom of hers during the winter months, even when feeding the fish.

Just some thoughts randomly coming to my head this morning, probably meaningless, but we've exhausted most other places at this point as to where he could be.

Also, several people have mentioned checking the home again. There was one case where a child was eventually found in a plastic bin in the rafters of her garage. Hoping LE has already thought of this and torn the house and yard apart already.

I'm probably a little late here, but I wanted to address this, as it's an important topic to me. Please understand that this isn't directed only at you specifically; more to the general idea of LE releasing information.

I don't question the timing one bit. I have full confidence that LE was aware of the LL sighting from the early stages of the investigation, and wanted to have that information kept confidential for reasons we don't need to know. Same with the phone pings/information. When they felt comfortable with it being released publicly, then the VI was able to share it with us. Who are we to judge what they do and don't release and when? We have no clue what's really going on behind the scenes, nor should we.

Frankly, Law Enforcement is under no obligation to tell the public anything regarding their investigations. Their loyalty is to the victims of the case and to the justice system. If public safety is not a concern, any information they release to us in terms of investigative details is our privilege, not our right. I'm like everyone else in that I want to help and I'm curious about where things stand - it's what we're becoming accustomed to in the age of instant news etc - but I think it's good for us (again, general us) to take a step back every now & then and remind ourselves that LE is doing their job, and that job does not necessarily include telling us what they're doing. If me being uninformed of this or that detail in order to preserve the integrity of an investigation means a better chance of justice for the victims of a case, then I'm happy to keep my curiosity in check for the time being. If the details are appropriate to be publicized, then they will come out with time.

(Sorry if I sound gruff, I feel very strongly about this subject. I am also a member of the media - NOT in Wichita - and understand the rights of free press etc, that is not what I'm talking about here.)

The informations timing.

It appeared far far into the matter before us.

I question it, more or less, because for a long period of time the last evidence Lucas was alive and verified was when he met several people. (The neighbors and their children) allthe kids were outside. Weeks later someone who never came forward and after all the publicity in this case should have come forward at the beginning, I question not necessarily the truthfulness, but the accuracy of memory.

And and I think LE needs to think about releasing more information.

I believe EG May in fact be much more conniving and decieptful than we first gave her credit for.

I strongly believe due due to the length of time taking to find Lucas she is either incredibly lucky or has the ability to plan and execute quite a coverup.

I believe she uses her kids to cover for much more than we realize.

And in this relationship she has a vast amount of time when JH is out of town working she can do absolutely anything.

As as far as the child peeking, we need more detail. The did this person see Lucas well enough to identify him with 100% certainty or was it drapery(closed)moving just enough and EG SUGGESTING TO THIS PERSON that it was Lucas when it may have been the cat.

People make honest errors all the time. Definitely need more info in order to depend on this info.

And theres the question of the relationship between EG and whoever rented this house to her and JH. It is the general tone of EG life in totality.

Justthink about this and take it in totality.

Will edit this this in a minute I need to look at some dates and records.
Shes 26 yo.

This is VERY cool!!

[...]

[...]

[...]

Locals! We need to divide and conquer!

Please check this out on the flyer thread: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?367661-Flyers-for-Lucas-Hernandez&p=14010846#post14010846

I'm out of town but it's Spring Break there so I can probably rope some people into picking some up and dropping them off at Papa John's -- I am confident I can get people to do that part, not so confident I can get them to request flyers and handle that end of it. Can anyone look at GigTu's spreadsheet--make some calls, take a part of town, etc?

I'm probably one of the few fans of the "BOMBSHELL!!!!!!" lady.

While she is extremely passionate and does try to draw people in with her bombshell moments, I appreciate all that she has done over the years for missing children and adults, too. I remember when she went after Scott Peterson with a vengeance, some people thought she was crazy and thought she was off of her rocker, but she was spot on about him.

I've seen her specials where she tries to bring cold cases to the front of the line again- the young girl who disappeared from a bowling alley- Teekah Lewis from Tacoma Washington- she did this story yearly to bring attention to it, and she showed compassion to the right people while going after suspects and POI's like a pit bull. I've watched many of her shows with missing children in the past- I am sure most if not all of their families appreciate all that she does to help try to bring their children home.

I mean, how bad can she be if she's willing to show Lucas again for a second time? Funny how people want her in times like this, but criticize her to no end when her usefulness is done.

While she is extremely passionate and does try to draw people in with her bombshell moments, I appreciate all that she has done over the years for missing children and adults, too. I remember when she went after Scott Peterson with a vengeance, some people thought she was crazy and thought she was off of her rocker, but she was spot on about him.

I've seen her specials where she tries to bring cold cases to the front of the line again- the young girl who disappeared from a bowling alley- Teekah Lewis from Tacoma Washington- she did this story yearly to bring attention to it, and she showed compassion to the right people while going after suspects and POI's like a pit bull. I've watched many of her shows with missing children in the past- I am sure most if not all of their families appreciate all that she does to help try to bring their children home.

I mean, how bad can she be if she's willing to show Lucas again for a second time? Funny how people want her in times like this, but criticize her to no end when her usefulness is done.

I agree!

I agree also, her heart is in the right place. I admire her passion for justice and how she has been the voice for so many innocent lives over the years. Yes she’s intense, but that’s what the volume control is for!

In my defense I've literally only been drawn to her reporting through following older cases after the fact. So, I'm usually aware that she's got really great (bombshell!!!) info, but there is often a caveat. And her on air style/personality doesn't suit me for some reason, but that doesn't mean she's not good at what she does!

Bring on NG and thank God for her!:bombshell:

Now, can someone please pass the salt?
:rumor::bombshell:

I agree also, her heart is in the right place. I admire her passion for justice and how she has been the voice for so many innocent lives over the years. Yes she’s intense, but that’s what the volume control is for!

Agree! I know she's come under scrutiny for being wrong a few times, but what about all of the times she has been correct?

She's a warrior for children. She helped set up a hotline for battered women. She helps families of missing adults as well. Tries to keep stories that would die off from lack of evidence or leads on the front burner for as long as she can.

Sure, she has a strong personality, but you know what? You remember Nancy Grace years later, going after Scott Peterson, for Laci and their unborn child. You remember her trying to help find Teekah Lewis year after year. You also might remember her being wrong in terms of a suspect for Elizabeth Smart's disappearance, but you know what? She kept Elizabeth's disappearance in the news and on people's minds until she was found eventually.

I could go on and on about the kids and adults she has tried to help over the years. In my opinion only, she's done a hell of a lot more than anyone on this planet for these people night after night. Even when she's under scrutiny- instead of giving up or backing down, she fights harder. She didn't stay on the air night after night all those years because everybody hated her, that's for sure.

Do I always agree with her? Most of the time, yes, but I've had differing opinions than her. Usually, though, Nancy proves me wrong, lol. I think I've been right just once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T