Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #16 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We also know that a homicide detective was on the scene almost immediately and he appeared in her failed attempt to get her bond reduced.
This is common practice for these detectives to show up but obviously there was never a belief that Lucas was abducted.
She probably claimed she went running to find him.
And we know she said Lucas left barefoot in the snow.
We all remember the earliest plea by LE for anyone who had seen "someone" running barefoot to please come to come forward.
Busted from the very moment they arrived IMO.

They never said if it was adult or child to be looking for running barefoot, nor male or female, which I thought was interesting. I don't think LE ever believed that story from the get go. They were just humoring EG while they investigated further.
Also, didn't she remain living in the house until she was arrested? I don't think I would be able to have my other child in a place I thought one of my children was just abducted from and it was on the news. I would need to have my other child somewhere I felt was safe for them. But that's me.......super protective!

"He's my baby boy...."
Wretch....gag...it turns my stomach and always did.
She knew she was pregnant.
I don't think she wanted Lucas there to "interfere" in her own little family anymore.
Shame on her and I hope Lucas is found soon enough to prove exactly what happened to him. She's placing all her chips on them not being able to and probably growing more confident every single day that passes.There's a word for her but I'm not going to use it :(
:thinking:

Still catching up, but want to say a couple things before I forget.

First, I think the pregnancy could be a lucky break for the prosecution as per presenting a motive, especially if this turns out to be a no body case at the time of trial.

Secondly, as I mentioned, I can't believe this thought didn't cross my mind and I'm actually surprised that nobody else that I saw mentioned it here as a possibility (and got modwhipped)...

I think that it would make a difference to know if EG started blaming JO before or after she got put in jail. The reason I say this is because when EG did that interview in jail she didn't mention Jamie once. But the theory all over SM is that Jamie is trying to set EG up, not the other way around. I think that EG got word of the story going around SM and that's when she worked it into her "plan". I asked before in a previous thread, did EG tell JH that Jamie had Lucas on VD before or after she got put into jail? I think it is important to know this because it could help determine if EG had premeditated all of this or if she acted on a whim.

Someone just wondered who the father is. That's a very very good question. I would bet that JH's denial is so great that he hasn't even stopped to wonder if the child EG is pregnant with is his. That guy needs a serious reality check.

If his 5 yr old son missing isn't enough of one, I don't know what is!

I'm worried about all the kids' health that are involved in any way shape form or fashion with EG.
I believe the baby is in state custody.
:moo:

I meant the unborn baby as well...

We don't know whether the dogs did or did not pick up anything -- all we know is that LE had "no luck" finding Lucas.

However, once the search moved from the neighborhood surrounding the home to the parks, LE tried to keep the public away from the search areas in the parks, encouraging them to share the missing poster on SM and call in tips. In the Joe Clyde case, LE called off public searches because dad confessed and they knew. In the Junior case, we don't know anything definitively yet, but LE has called an end to pubic searches as we are now on day 4. Their cases made me think the LE in Lucas's case knew they were probably looking for a crime scene and did not want it tampered with from that very early point.

So, outside of the cold weather that moved in, I'm really curious about what LE is holding back.

We don't know when EG learned of the LL visit, but we do know she's trying to convince everyone that JO had Lucas on VD. Why? Regardless of motive, I'm leaning more and more toward premeditation--it doesn't have to take days or weeks or even hours to form.

She had a reason to lie about VD -- from where JH was, what did he think was going on?
She did not take Lucas to OG -- was it because he was supposed to be with JO? Or...had EG already put something into motion? Had she noticed that Lucas was already weak--did she do anything to help speed up the process? Benadryl/pain pills...? Did she hope that the deed would play out while she was at OG and that she wouldn't have to watch or get her hands dirtier? But she came home, and there he was, still alive. But whatever she did to him prior, he could tell others -- she had to try again.

I'm thinking now she had to have known about LL visit. She could have told JH and her ex and her boys that JO had Lucas -- the LL messed something up.

Now, with the news of her being pregnant, I wonder who all helped with the move -- JH was in town part of the time, but surely there was some packing, cleaning, and unpacking that she may have had help with. Who helped her? Did they transport anything for her, and if so, when?

:gaah: Too many thoughts....

I was one of the guests when you posted this so I thought I would sign up. : ) My jaw sure was on the floor when I read the news of Emily being pregnant...

BourbonStreetVoelkel :)

:welcome5:

Eta: I see you've already been welcomed. :)

This just occurred to me:

What has JH done to help in the search for Lucas on the 10 days off he is home each month?

My question is if her pregnancy would affect her psychological approach in disposing of Lucas...baby blanket, etc...or would she still just throw him away like trash?

We don't know whether the dogs did or did not pick up anything -- all we know is that LE had "no luck" finding Lucas.

However, once the search moved from the neighborhood surrounding the home to the parks, LE tried to keep the public away from the search areas in the parks, encouraging them to share the missing poster on SM and call in tips. In the Joe Clyde case, LE called off public searches because dad confessed and they knew. In the Junior case, we don't know anything definitively yet, but LE has called an end to pubic searches as we are now on day 4. Their cases made me think the LE in Lucas's case knew they were probably looking for a crime scene and did not want it tampered with from that very early point.

So, outside of the cold weather that moved in, I'm really curious about what LE is holding back.

We don't know when EG learned of the LL visit, but we do know she's trying to convince everyone that JO had Lucas on VD. Why? Regardless of motive, I'm leaning more and more toward premeditation--it doesn't have to take days or weeks or even hours to form.

She had a reason to lie about VD -- from where JH was, what did he think was going on?
She did not take Lucas to OG -- was it because he was supposed to be with JO? Or...had EG already put something into motion? Had she noticed that Lucas was already weak--did she do anything to help speed up the process? Benadryl/pain pills...? Did she hope that the deed would play out while she was at OG and that she wouldn't have to watch or get her hands dirtier? But she came home, and there he was, still alive. But whatever she did to him prior, he could tell others -- she had to try again.

I'm thinking now she had to have known about LL visit. She could have told JH and her ex and her boys that JO had Lucas -- the LL messed something up.

Now, with the news of her being pregnant, I wonder who all helped with the move -- JH was in town part of the time, but surely there was some packing, cleaning, and unpacking that she may have had help with. Who helped her? Did they transport anything for her, and if so, when?

:gaah: Too many thoughts....

Too many thoughts here as well. If I asked all of my questions I would be on everyone's Ignore List, lol.

BBM: Did the LL call JH? Could that be what messed "something" up?

JMO

rsbm
If it weren't for Pandora I'd have probably lost it by now...ETA Currently listening to "California Dreaming" on a cloudy day :(
jmo and all that

(O/T, one of my fav songs of all time!

"Stopped into a church, I passed a long the way, well I got down on my knees, and I began to pray..."

Did you know those lyrics about him going into the church are about him molesting his daughter(s) and praying about this?! Yes, this singer was a pedophile and child abuser.)

"Stopped into a church, I passed a long the way, well I got down on my knees, and I began to pray..."

Did you know those lyrics about him going into the church are about him molesting his daughter(s) and praying about this?!)
Yes I knew that but still love the song.

Did you know those lyrics about him going into the church are about him molesting his daughter(s) and praying about this?! Yes, this singer was a pedophile and child abuser.)

OMG, a first for me

It has crossed my mind EG was just waiting for Lucas to pass on his own but because of her actions. Maybe he did.

I'm feeling that premeditation is making more sense than not at this point. At first I thought she just lost it and that last wallop did him in. Now I'm leaning towards premeditation with all the information we've gathered. She most certainly didn't care about Lucas's welfare. It sounds like he was underweight, beaten, verbally abused, and neglected in every way by his main caretaker, that being EG. Was she just hoping he would just unintentionally harm himself being left alone? How long was this absolute neglect going on? Did she treat him differently when JH was home, just 10 days a month? How much was JH unaware of? Did he just not believe Lucas when he told? Did he just believe EG that it would never happen again or that her "discipline" was in Lucas's best interest? These are just some of my thoughts. I have more coming! :scared:

Hmmmm....you just got me thinking, i think this has been discussed upstream....maybe she knew his condition was rapidly declining, and if she let him just die then his death could be blamed on the illness...then maybe she figured out she could be charged with negligence resulting in death or whatever so came up with a Plan B (the nap story)...

EG has a history of being physically violent with others, her ex, ex-boyfriends, JH, Lucas and maybe JO. I would bet Lucas was too bruised up to take him out in public for at least the last couple of days or have JH face time with him. Hence the lie of JO taking him on VD and why he was left home alone on the 16th. I wonder if the LL noticed any bruising. Of course if Lucas was just barely peeking thru some curtains or blinds he might not have been able to tell. If Lucas told EG the LL came over and he saw him peeking she might have blown a gasket because her story was blown and his abuse might have been noticeable.
Those two phone calls while she was away from the house.......who were they to? Does it tie into any of this?

I think she didn't know that the landlord came to visit until just before she was arrested or during her arrest. If she knew about this visit with the landlord, she would have come up with a better story than what she told LE in the beginning.

The set up of JO on Valentine's Day is all telling. She was planning this. Look how in her interview, she threw her own cousins under the bus, stating that the bruises happened when she "sent him away".

A woman knows she's pregnant, especially after having three children. I am thinking this was her plan once she knew (perhaps she did a home pregnancy test) she was definitely pregnant. I'd love to know exactly when their decision to move came up- was it sudden, as in, "hey, we're going to need more space soon with another one on the way" situation? To me it seemed like there was a sense of urgency on her part to move to a bigger place, the sooner, the better. It also gave her an excuse to clean thoroughly areas of the home that needed it "cough cough". The beloved pet cat that poor Lucas loved so much being given away just a couple of days before he disappeared. Think about this, she was setting things up to make her life easier and the way that she wanted. She clearly did not want to raise Lucas, but if she made a fuss about doing so while JH was away working to support not only her, but their baby girl and their future child, she might have feared that he would leave her over Lucas. Her world would have crumbled, where would she go with two small babies, who would support her?

EG has a history of being physically violent with others, her ex, ex-boyfriends, JH, Lucas and maybe JO.

Which is exactly why any kind of "hormonal defense based on pregnancy" won't fly, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove