Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #18 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She has a court appointed attorney, not a public defender.

Gosh I don’t know the difference. Both are paid for by public funds. In Alaska the job descriptions were interchangeable. With the exception a court appointed is probably in private practice and ordered to take the case. But both get public money. His/her name was at the top of the list.

Min the child in need case does she have a PD. IF so the PDs were conflicted out.

Does EG have close contact with family. Thanks so much. I appreciate it.

please tell the family that many people do care about the stress they are experiencing. They hold no blame in anything. I hope they are depending on one another for strength and no one wishes anything but the best. I wish there was something we could do to make this better. Sadly there isn’t and please let them know we are thinking of them and prayers go to each of them.

Does anyone know if they took EGs computer from the home and searched it for possible ideas of what she did with Lucas???

Just in case...( Caylee Anthony )
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gosh I don’t know the difference. Both are paid for by public funds. In Alaska the job descriptions were interchangeable. With the exception a court appointed is probably in private practice and ordered to take the case. But both get public money. His/her name was at the top of the list.

Min the child in need case does she have a PD. IF so the PDs were conflicted out.

Does EG have close contact with family. Thanks so much. I appreciate it.
You would be surprised..some law firms will step up just for the public recognition in a high profile case. I'm not saying it went on here yet. But you might see it in the future like I did. The Attorney General's Office then took over my sisters case.

The public needs to keep up the pressure for justice for Lucas. That's what everyone should be saying right now.

JUSTICE FOR LUCAS

She has a court appointed attorney, not a public defender.

There isn’t really any difference. A court appointed attorney can either be a public defender (an office maintained and paid a salary by the government) or assigned to a local firm by the court (paid on case by case basis and billed by the hour). It comes down to what is used in the district as standard. Many public defenders offices are overloaded with cases and courts use local firms to assign the overflow.
https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/what-is-the-difference-between-a-public-defender-a-478380.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There isn’t really any difference. A court appointed attorney can either be a public defender (an office maintained and paid a salary by the government) or assigned to a local firm by the court (paid on case by case basis and billed by the hour). It comes down to what is used in the district as standard. Many public defenders offices are overloaded with cases and courts use local firms to assign the overflow.
https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/what-is-the-difference-between-a-public-defender-a-478380.html

There is a difference here...maybe not a difference in the pay scale but the caliber of an attorney you get...there is a big difference.

Most attorneys that work in public defenders office are young just out of law school or just have not made it in high caliber law firms unless they run the public defenders office. Their pay scale is from 58000 to 100,000 a year and that is it. They are salary.

There is a big difference. Like I said my cousin is a DA. And I have been through the mill with appeals for my sisters murderer since 1988 when he first got sentenced to death.

Defendant will file an appeal an say they did not have effective council. And they will win appeal.

There is a difference here...maybe not a difference in the pay scale but the caliber of an attorney you get...there is a big difference.

Most attorneys that work in public defenders office are young just out of law school or just have not made it in high caliber law firms unless they run the public defenders office. Their pay scale is from 58000 to 100,000 a year and that is it. They are salary.

There is a big difference. Like I said my cousin is a DA. And I have been through the mill with appeals for my sisters murderer since 1988 when he first got sentenced to death.

Defendant will file an appeal an say they did not have effective council. And they will win appeal.

My point was more that a Public Defender IS a court appointed attorney. Aside from that, And from what I understand if you look her attorney up she’s rather green.

SBBM
I found it. It's actually PB's article in the Missing Pieces FB page.

"....We have tried to remain impartial about the events surrounding Lucas’ disappearance, and while nobody has yet been charged with his disappearance, it certainly appears as if Lucas suffered severe abuse at the hands of his father’s girlfriend, Emily Glass (we will no longer refer to her as Lucas’ stepmother). This statement by Lucas illustrates the sadness and fear this sweet boy had to endure: “It was reported that when asked about his bruises, all Lucas would say is that (Glass) 'doesn’t like me any more.’”.....

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1805976239708546

My heart breaks

My heart has been aching since Lucas disappeared. I don't think it will stop anytime soon. :(
Maybe some new revelations will come to light soon and we will have something to dissect.
It's really almost torn me apart so I took the afternoon to do a little work with Help Save The Next Girl.
And kick back with some music.
It's really all I can do besides helping the rest of ya'll keep this thread bumped up for Lucas.:dunno:
I wish there was hope he was alive.
In fact I dream that he is.
:nerves:

SBBM

"....We have tried to remain impartial about the events surrounding Lucas’ disappearance, and while nobody has yet been charged with his disappearance, it certainly appears as if Lucas suffered severe abuse at the hands of his father’s girlfriend, Emily Glass (we will no longer refer to her as Lucas’ stepmother). This statement by Lucas illustrates the sadness and fear this sweet boy had to endure: “It was reported that when asked about his bruises, all Lucas would say is that (Glass) 'doesn’t like me any more.’”.....

I cant get this link to work

That bit of information about EG and JH having previously been engaged is interesting to me.
How often does that happen - you're engaged, then you break the engagement, but stay together? I don't think I have ever met anyone who has done that. You get married, or you break up.
I am very curious about their particular dynamic, even more so now.

That bit of information about EG and JH having previously been engaged is interesting to me.
How often does that happen - you're engaged, then you break the engagement, but stay together? I don't think I have ever met anyone who has done that. You get married, or you break up.

very much agree. i also wonder if tensions were rising between the two of them if EGs rage/anger toward Lucas escalated shortly before he disappeared.

Me too. It has me wondering too about her telling her ex that she had kicked JH out after the incident with her bio kids, but before they moved. Lots of moving parts to that whole story I think.

Hi All !!

I keep checking in every day, with hopes of some updated news !!

I have to say that I love the fact that this thread has very caring and thoughtful people in it as I have not seen any snarking or harsh words among this group and I appreciate you all for everything you are doing to find this precious little guy.

Carry on and keep praying Lucas is found soon !!! #teamLucas

My heart has been aching since Lucas disappeared. I don't think it will stop anytime soon. :(
Maybe some new revelations will come to light soon and we will have something to dissect.
It's really almost torn me apart so I took the afternoon to do a little work with Help Save The Next Girl.
And kick back with some music.
It's really all I can do besides helping the rest of ya'll keep this thread bumped up for Lucas.:dunno:
I wish there was hope he was alive.
In fact I dream that he is.
:nerves:

I didn’t know you worked with HSTNG. I know all of them very well ❤️

SBBM

That was a post made by MPN and not media related. It was my personal opinion to no longer refer to her as the step-mother.

The Wichita Eagle post is quoted below our statement.

My point was more that a Public Defender IS a court appointed attorney. Aside from that, And from what I understand if you look her attorney up she’s rather green.

Maybe the public defenders office is just over loaded at this time then and they had to go outside. But I know the court does choose a law firm of better quality when it is a case that involves the death penalty or life in prison.

If she is green and not working for a big firm you could be right. But if she is working for a prominent law firm I would be suspect...

I didn’t know you worked with HSTNG. I know all of them very well ❤️
Just doing some private networking and trying to raise funds....great people...great cause.:heartbeat:

I work at a law firm and we are often assigned court appointed cases. My point was that her attorney is in private practice but paid by the courts to take the case. As opposed to a public defender who works solely for the government and is not in private practice. I should have explained it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic