Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #19 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe what a few posts were speculating was the possibility EG was coerced into giving LE her phone - aka not really giving permission - and therefore her confession would be coerced too.

im definitely not criticizing LE and ik our VEs have said they are on top of things. this could totally not be the case or totally a stretch by her lawyer but i was wondering if in theory that would be a possibility.

Well, in theory, anything is possible

Many (especially larger LE departments and Wichita is the largest in the state) LE departments now have body cameras, dash cameras, and handheld cameras they use to video such interactions to demonstrate how and when the evidence was taken into custody. Even small departments issue cameras or even just smartphones with cameras to patrol officers to do videotaping and even crime scene photography.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i believe what a few posts were speculating was the possibility EG was coerced into giving LE her phone - aka not really giving permission - and therefore her confession would be coerced too.

im definitely not criticizing LE and ik our VEs have said they are on top of things. this could totally not be the case or totally a stretch by her lawyer but i was wondering if in theory that would be a possibility.
I keep hearing the Law & Order "ta-dum". It's really starting to sound like an episode. I wish I knew more about the Law and how it relates to many of our discussions. Do we have any verified attorneys following this case?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I keep hearing the Law & Order "ta-dum". It's really starting to sound like an episode. I wish I knew more about the Law and how it relates to many of our discussions. Do we have any verified attorneys following this case?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I dont think we do.

Well, I haven't seen gitana around here, and SBHack was but I haven't seen her for a while... wait, is it close to Baby SBHack time?! Oh, anyway, long way of saying, not that I am aware of.

Wow! So much information to absorb that landed here overnight. I needed the slumber but now need coffee to refocus on Lucas. There are intelligent and thought provoking comments to jump off from which spark other ideas. Signing up for WS is one of the most important decisions I've made to find comradeship.

Just a quick look back at the affidavit tells us all we know about the phone being given over.
JMO if EG hadn't voluntarily given itt to them, a judge would've been waiting to sign a subpoena for it anyway, tho it would have taken more time.
http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Af...e-Lucas-Hernandez-went-missing-476690153.html
RSBM--
"The court document says Glass consented to a search of her phone where police found texts on Facebook Messenger between her and JH (Glass' husband, Jonathan Hernandez).Police say the messages stated Glass was going to smoke a couple of bowls of marijuana and go to Olive Garden using a gift card JH sent her.
The document goes on to say Glass made two phone calls on Feb. 16 at 4:53 p.m. and 5:43 p.m. The phone calls were made from the area of Central and Rock, near where an Olive Garden is located."

If I am reading the info about this type of hearing correctly - This is a motion specifically asking that a confession be inadmissible. Outside the normal evidentiary determinations. Seems like she’s grasping at straws to me TBH. Without the confession, LE still has the messages on the phone and the calls made from the area of OG as well as the eyewitness seeing Lucas so.... it really makes me wonder what confession it really refers to....

In the original case (Jackson v Denno) the argument came about when the defendant made a confession after being given pain medication (thus they argued he was impaired at the time).

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/378/368/

I have to travel in a bit but always find it difficult leaving you all for even a brief time. :)
It makes it hard to even pack LOL.
My dogs are looking at me with glee and I don't have to leave for several hours yet.
We are sharing and praying and hoping and dreaming constantly for Lucas.
Chi:heartbeat:

I have to travel in a bit but always find it difficult leaving you all for even a brief time. :)
It makes it hard to even pack LOL.
My dogs are looking at me with glee and I don't have to leave for several hours yet.
We are sharing and praying and hoping and dreaming constantly for Lucas.
Chi:heartbeat:

We’ll miss you!!

it appears she said something at some point that her attorney wants tossed.

It apoears it could involve;

the time prior to Miranda,

the statement she made about pot use then driving to OG;

anything she may may have said to a fellow inmate,

anything she may may have said on the jail phone

anything she may have said to medical personnel at the jail.

Her entire explanation about going going to sleep and finding LUCAS missing after she woke up.

������

Im not questioning anyone’s statement, I understand some of the witnesses have a lot of integrity, but as before I question human error. Has anyone else had the thought that LUCAS MAY HAVE BEEN MISSING or even hours longer than what we think from the timeline? Is it remotely possible that the witnesses saw another child and thought it was Lucas. Witnesses have the best intent but are human. Please don’t suspend me, as long as it is taking to find him just keeps me thinking she had much more time to hide him with or without help. EG isnt smart enough to OUTWIT LE.

Im trying to make sense of how it’s been so difficult to locate LUCAS. Someone help me with it .

Sinething just isn’t adding up and I find it troubling.

I believe the LL did see Lucas.
If we are working within the dark hours of Friday the 16th, it is entirely possible that Lucas was taken to a remote area (not cleared yet), or even perhaps a neighboring border state. For example, traveling to the OK border from Emily’s home is around 69 miles- that seems doable to me within dark hours. There and back two hours.
Perhaps Someone else “took care of Lucas” in that event, searching all areas known to Emily, could be irrelevant.
Perhaps Lucas was buried. That is going to really create issues for finding him unless they have used ground sonar to clear the areas of interest.
Perhaps Lucas is underwater. We simply cannot see him.
So even if everything does “add up”, there could be valid reasons Lucas hasn’t been found. I believe Emily knows.

Behind the scenes, there are MANY men and women searching for Lucas. EVERYDAY. Organized operations. Continue to pray for the safety of the searchers, and pray that Lucas is found TODAY [emoji172]

So, with the timeframe we have to work with, you can see how anything really COULD be possible.
That is the dilemma.
IMHO MOO etc....

Just a quick look back at the affidavit tells us all we know about the phone being given over.
JMO if EG hadn't voluntarily given itt to them, a judge would've been waiting to sign a subpoena for it anyway, tho it would have taken more time.
http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Af...e-Lucas-Hernandez-went-missing-476690153.html
RSBM--
"The court document says Glass consented to a search of her phone where police found texts on Facebook Messenger between her and JH (Glass' husband, Jonathan Hernandez).Police say the messages stated Glass was going to smoke a couple of bowls of marijuana and go to Olive Garden using a gift card JH sent her.
The document goes on to say Glass made two phone calls on Feb. 16 at 4:53 p.m. and 5:43 p.m. The phone calls were made from the area of Central and Rock, near where an Olive Garden is located."

BBM
EG said she was going to smoke a couple bowls. I hope LE has evidence that she did smoke a couple of bowls. Iirc she did confess that she had smoked before driving. Maybe that confession gets thrown out then they have no evidence that she followed thru with smoking a couple of bowls.

I believe the LL did see Lucas.
If we are working within the dark hours of Friday the 16th, it is entirely possible that Lucas was taken to a remote area (not cleared yet), or even perhaps a neighboring border state. For example, traveling to the OK border from Emily’s home is around 69 miles- that seems doable to me within dark hours. There and back two hours.
Perhaps Someone else “took care of Lucas” in that event, searching all areas known to Emily, could be irrelevant.
Perhaps Lucas was buried. That is going to really create issues for finding him unless they have used ground sonar to clear the areas of interest.
Perhaps Lucas is underwater. We simply cannot see him.
So even if everything does “add up”, there could be valid reasons Lucas hasn’t been found. I believe Emily knows.

Behind the scenes, there are MANY men and women searching for Lucas. EVERYDAY. Organized operations. Continue to pray for the safety of the searchers, and pray that Lucas is found TODAY [emoji172]

So, with the timeframe we have to work with, you can see how anything really COULD be possible.
That is the dilemma.
IMHO MOO etc....

:ditto: X infinity...

BBM
EG said she was going to smoke a couple bowls. I hope LE has evidence that she did smoke a couple of bowls. Iirc she did confess that she had smoked before driving. Maybe that confession gets thrown out then they have no evidence that she followed thru with smoking a couple of bowls.
Good point and IMO it seems she actually might have smoked a few "bowls" of something else she had indulged in in her past.
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208704089.html
Snipped from link:
[In seven single-spaced pages, the child-in-need-of-care petition describes a dysfunctional and violent household.
It says Emily Glass, Lucas' 26-year-old stepmother, has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, has difficulty controlling her anger and has experimented with methamphetamine and heroin.]:thinking:
So I am going to go out on a limb and say that old habits continue to repeat themselves.
:moo:

In the original case (Jackson v Denno) the argument came about when the defendant made a confession after being given pain medication (thus they argued he was impaired at the time).

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/378/368/

Ohhhh that just gave me an awful thought. Was she maybe high when arrested and even tho just that in itself is illegal, would they use that to argue impairment and not in her ‘right’ mind to give a statement...
*total speculation*

Good point and IMO it seems she actually might have smoked a few "bowls" of something else she had indulged in in her past.
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208704089.html
Snipped from link:
[In seven single-spaced pages, the child-in-need-of-care petition describes a dysfunctional and violent household.
It says Emily Glass, Lucas' 26-year-old stepmother, has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, has difficulty controlling her anger and has experimented with methamphetamine and heroin.]:thinking:
So I am going to go out on a limb and say that old habits continue to repeat themselves.
:moo:

This has crossed my mind from the get go. I felt that since she was sharing her intent with JH then surely it was only marijuana, or at lease he thought so. But of course many drugs can be smoked, marijuana can be laced with other drugs, etc. Authorities believe there is drug abuse with EG and there is an obvious history of it.
The CINC case is scheduled to be heard tomorrow. Do you think she might get that continued in hopes of getting some or all of her confession thrown out or would it matter?

BBM
This has probably been addressed but would a tox screen have been administered to EG during intake process at the jail? Advanced tech has propelled the tests into providing minute detail as to what and when. Though the results would come into play after her phone turnover and arrest. I need more coffee but is anyone suggesting her arrest may become unviable?

Ohhhh that just gave me an awful thought. Was she maybe high when arrested and even tho just that in itself is illegal, would they use that to argue impairment and not in her ‘right’ mind to give a statement...
*total speculation*

This crossed my mind too. But wouldn't that also backfire as she would then be an admitted user and while caring for her daughter? (again)

I also get what you are stating about grief & what JH maybe experiencing right now. But, I am sorry his inaction from day 1 has me questioning his innocence & sobriety quite frankly. This was his little boy. What kind of a man would leave his only son in the hands of someone who didnt have custody of her own children & possibly a tweaker...jaysis! Are you kidding me?! Wake! Up!

What it looks like to me is that EG & JH's relationship was purely fueled by drugs & codependency, not love. My opinion, he failed miserably at fatherhood & protecting his only son.

If EG was on meth when Lucas disappeared. He could be hidden pretty good. Depending upon how high she was she could have had a meticulous & creative way of hiding him.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Over and over on WS threads, we castigate a single mother for moving a boyfriend into her home and subsequently, one of her children is missing or dead at the hands of the boyfriend. Sometimes, with her help.

Lucas's case seems like the same situation in reverse. The one parent who should have been most protective was anything but.

I think those parents take the easy way out, explain away problems and concerns for their children, because to keep their children safe takes effort and energy and thoughtfulness, and yes, sometimes money, too.

Those parents just won't make the right choices. And the child(ren) pay dearly.

jmo

(I'm a few pages behind, this opinion may have already been voiced.)

This crossed my mind too. But wouldn't that also backfire as she would then be an admitted user and while caring for her daughter? (again)

It becomes quite a tangled web...

Do we have any information why she was in the clinic for the first couple of days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar