Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #20 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The helper culprit must be a decidedly worth-while person—one that wouldn't ordinarily come under suspicion. (in her mind, at least, or she wouldn't have taken such a risk in involving someone else) Who does she trust that much, literally with her life? Only JH.

Except JH is the FIRST person people would suspect. Parents are always looked at first. The fact that she talked to him 3 hours before she called 911 leads me to believe that he knows what's up. Then again, she might have called him so the whole story would seem more believable... but I doubt it. I think someone else helped her with the aftermath, but didn't help kill him. If all three of them at least know what happened, the true will come out.

Except JH is the FIRST person people would suspect. Parents are always looked at first. The fact that she talked to him 3 hours before she called 911 leads me to believe that he knows what's up. Then again, she might have called him so the whole story would seem more believable... but I doubt it. I think someone else helped her with the aftermath, but didn't help kill him. If all three of them at least know what happened, the true will come out.

Oh wait. I missed something somewhere. I know it was in the news and affidavit she messaged JH on 2/16 about smoking in the garage and going to OG
When/where did it say she called him on 2/17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A small storm with up to 50 mph winds and small hail possible is about to roll NE over wichita
https://www.facebook.com/KAKETV/videos/10156394141168979/
937b910b111894c2cb5ca9a8b65516f0.jpg

While the storm may hamper searchers, I'm hopeful it will uncover something for people to find when the storm has passed :candle:

Wait - she talked to JH on Saturday afternoon? I had missed that.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Wait - she talked to JH on Saturday afternoon? I had missed that.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk
Me too. I would think he had plenty of time to make it to Wichita and back. It was the middle of the night. Again. Who would Emily trust with her life?

Glass also told police that earlier that day she went to the garage, smoked a cigarette and talked to Hernandez by phone. She went inside, took a shower, noticed that Lucas was asleep and laid down for the nap. When she woke up around 6 p.m., she changed her daughter’s diaper. She looked around the house and couldn’t find Lucas.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208704089.html

Me too. I would think he had plenty of time to make it to Wichita and back. It was the middle of the night. Again. Who would Emily trust with her life?

Are the family here able to confirm if it is has been verified that J was at work at the time of Lucas' disappearance? I know that we know he was away for some time before that in New Mexico for work, but, has it been clarified that he was in NM on 2/17? Or just that he was apparently out of state?

Glass also told police that earlier that day she went to the garage, smoked a cigarette and talked to Hernandez by phone. She went inside, took a shower, noticed that Lucas was asleep and laid down for the nap. When she woke up around 6 p.m., she changed her daughter’s diaper. She looked around the house and couldn’t find Lucas.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208704089.html

Wow. How did I miss that?? That’s a new detail!

The pictures of Lucas in the sweatshirt with the red bear were taken towards the end of January. Within days of the school nurse documentation that he was covered in bruises. Those injuries were recent to when he was reported missing.

Edit: I was further behind on the thread than I thought and didn't realize PB already explained. Sorry!

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I’m trying to catch up, too! I can add a photo if it’s allowed.

Wow. How did I miss that?? That’s a new detail!

She probably did talk to him that day, the 17th, the day she reported him missing. That doesn't mean Lucas was really there. The LL saw him on the 16th, right? He disappeared the night before. We were advised to focus on the late hours after she got home from OG on the 16th JH had plenty of time to make it back and talk to her on the phone. IMO

She probably did talk to him that day, the 17th, the day she reported him missing. That doesn't mean Lucas was really there. The LL saw him on the 16th, right? He disappeared the night before. We were advised to focus on the late hours after she got home from OG on the 16th JH had plenty of time to make it back and talk to her on the phone. IMO

How far is the distance between the home and wherever it was he was working?

It takes a village. Websleuthers. This one is top-notch.

Your first point about the VD lie still baffles me to this day. It is SO EASILY verifiable. This is why I think she isn’t as smart and calculated. MOO, I think she told JH that lie because he is really the only person she was concerned about at the time. This brings me to another point.

When was the actual lie told ?Before Lucas was gone? After his disappearance? Or after her arrest?
If it was before Lucas Disappeared, it may have been pre meditated.
If it was the later, its a mouse trying to get out of the maze- frantically.
Not planned, spewing anything to take the pressure off.

The 911 phone call: made after 6pm. Perfect timing, as it would get dark shortly there after, making visible search extremely difficult. It buys her another day.

The 3 o’clock nap: Even in my own experience, I am going to say a nap at that time for a 1 yr old would be a disaster for going to bed at a decent time . (An argument doesn’t need to be made about toddler bedtimes). The fact is, she waited till dark in MO.

In my opinion The beginning of the end for Lucas, started around 3 pm on Friday. She left him alone (verified by PB) and then she disappeared him that night.
MOO, as stated by others, she was on pills or uppers (meth) because this is how they work/ fast, impulsive, paranoid,angry, up all night, look at her eyes on the video of her at her first court appearance. That is not the look of a pot smoker- I don’t doubt she smoked pot, but probably to ease the come down from the upper.
All MOO

I agree with all of this and would add IMO it’s a good possibility she suffers from Borderline personality disorder. I’ve included some links and symptoms that might reflect EG.

I wish we knew if she has a history of cutting, head banging, self-pinching, self-scratching, etc.

“Borderline personality disorder is a mental illness marked by an ongoing pattern of varying moods, self-image, and behavior. These symptoms often result in impulsive actions and problems in relationships. People with borderline personality disorder may experience intense episodes of anger, depression, and anxiety that can last from a few hours to days.”

“Symptoms can be triggered by seemingly ordinary events. For example, people with borderline personality disorder may become angry and distressed over minor separations from people to whom they feel close, such as traveling on business trips.”

“Other signs or symptoms may include:

* Efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment, such as rapidly initiating intimate (physical or emotional) relationships or cutting off communication with someone in anticipation of being abandoned

* A pattern of intense and unstable relationships with family, friends, and loved ones, often swinging from extreme closeness and love (idealization) to extreme dislike or anger (devaluation)”

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/borderline-personality-disorder/index.shtml

“People may experience:
Behavioral: antisocial behavior, compulsive behavior, hostility, impulsivity, irritability, risk taking behaviors, self-destructive behavior, self-harm, social isolation, or lack of restraint

Mood: anger, anxiety, general discontent, guilt, loneliness, mood swings, or sadness

Psychological: depression, distorted self-image, grandiosity, or narcissism”

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...onality-disorder&utm_campaign=Knowledge-panel

The helper culprit must be a decidedly worth-while person—one that wouldn't ordinarily come under suspicion. (in her mind, at least, or she wouldn't have taken such a risk in involving someone else) Who does she trust that much, literally with her life? Only JH.

I respectfully disagree. I think she likely trusts KE, too. Or...perhaps it was someone she didn’t know well at all, who would have no idea about her personal life or she thought she would never see again.

Oh wait. I missed something somewhere. I know it was in the news and affidavit she messaged JH on 2/16 about smoking in the garage and going to OG
When/where did it say she called him on 2/17?

Deleted

Are the family here able to confirm if it is has been verified that J was at work at the time of Lucas' disappearance? I know that we know he was away for some time before that in New Mexico for work, but, has it been clarified that he was in NM on 2/17? Or just that he was apparently out of state?

Yes, he was in NM on the 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members