Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #20 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(O/T, JG has just been indicted for murder in Diana Alvarez's case. I thought you guys might find this post interesting (hopefully Lucas will be found and it will not come to this, a no body case, soooo sorry FLA :( :( )

"NO BODY CASES

Since the 1800s there have been 501 murder trials across the United States where the body of the victim was never recovered.

The data has been collected by Tad DiBiase, a former federal prosecutor who tried a “no body case” and was successful. He now works as a consultant to law enforcement who are investigating a homicide without a body.

The data is up to date as of January 2018. Florida is No. 2 with 34 no body trials. California, the top state, has 99 cases.

“Florida is definitely a high number just based on population alone,” DiBiase said.

Fifty percent of the trials since the 1800's have occurred since 2000, he said.

It’s becoming easier to determine whether someone has died— because of technology and the fact that people “leave behind such distinct electronic trails.”

In the case of children, it’s usually easier to convince a jury that the child is dead, he said.

“One as young as 9… it’s unlikely they walked away,” DiBiase said.

Prosecutors don’t necessarily need the body to prove murder, said Tamara Lave, a University of Miami law professor and a former prosecutor in California.

They can use confessions, statements and other evidence. And, Lave said, grand jury proceedings are not adversarial.

“It’s just a prosecutor with the jurors,” Lave said. “The standard of proof is low.”"

Diana Alvarez's mother wants suspect in death to pay with his life: 'I hope you rot'
https://www.news-press.com/story/ne...rder-indictment-diana-alvarez-case/576567002/
)

I am starting to get disheartened..maybe this child will not be found by searching. Maybe accidentally recovered later on. Maybe never if he is in a dump.

Maybe she will be prosecuted without body and only then reveal where Lucas is for a deal for her selfish self.

Feeling bad today..

Tears

MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

(O/T, JG has just been indicted for murder in Diana Alvarez's case. I thought you guys might find this post interesting (hopefully Lucas will be found and it will not come to this, a no body case, soooo sorry FLA [emoji20] [emoji20] )

)

Oh good!

RSBM

I just have to say, that seems like a very specific speculation.

It’s something a few of us have wondered out loud here. A head injury left untreated, imo, perfectly explains Lucas’s symptoms prior to his disappearance.

Unless otherwise stated, everything above is MOO[emoji230][emoji5]

To everyone who is feeling disheartened right about now, many of us were around for the long wait in the CA case, and it was an accidental find (I still believe it was) that led to her discovery.
Don't ever give up hope. And even as margarita just pointed out, no-body cases are not that uncommon any more.
As for me, although in my heart I have a strong intuitive belief in the much sadder direction, I will hold out hope the Lucas could still be alive.
Some of us old-timers remember the rare cases where this has happened and the relief that followed.
Sometimes the damage to the victim was overwhelming, but in almost all the cases they lived and overcame.
Let's not grow weary. A break will come just when we least expect it.
Although it is traditional to think that a "watched pot will never boil", I beg to differ.
It just takes patience but it will come to a boil, so, knowing that, I continue to watch and wait.
For Lucas, a precious 5 year old boy who deserves to come "home", I give my love.
Chi:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat: ------many times love is all that we have remaining, but we do it anyway

So are you guys getting a more land or water vibe here? I keep going back and forth. Now that we know she did not have the bruises on her knuckles upon arrest, I'm back to water as a possibility (as I attributed the bruises to being caused by digging.) I saw an article about manholes popping up after the rains, thought of Lucas. :(

Where are you little guy?

What is the name of this bird in my avatar anyway? Anyone know? I'll have to go back and see if it's on the link from the "flora and fauna" section in the early days.

So are you guys getting a more land or water vibe here? I keep going back and forth. Now that we know she did not have the bruises on her knuckles upon arrest, I'm back to water as a possibility (as I attributed the bruises to being caused by digging.) I saw an article about manholes popping up after the rains, thought of Lucas. :(

What is the name of this bird in my avatar anyway? Anyone know? I'll have to go back and see if it's on the link from the "flora and fauna" section in the early days.

Your birdie looks like a purple gallinule, imo. http://www.audubon.org/field-guide/bird/purple-gallinule :)

Oh I meant to ask you, I’m still fairly new to webslueths and just got verified etc. can I get last names on the cases mentioned here so I can go and read up on them? I’ve never heard their names as of yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if this is an impertinent sounding question- I don’t mean it to be. You just got verified, as an insider here on WS? Are you a VI on the Lucas thread? I only ask because if it was announced I missed it and want to be sure :) TIA

Sorry if this is an impertinent sounding question- I don’t mean it to be. You just got verified, as an insider here on WS? Are you a VI on the Lucas thread? I only ask because if it was announced I missed it and want to be sure :) TIA

AlwaysHopeToHelp is a Verified EMT.

Down here, where the city is being built out with new roads and highways, around where bridges are being constructed - they have those huge round concrete circles. I don't know what they're called but I do know the homeless sometimes used them for shelter. I don't know if Kansas was undergoing anything like that. If she did use land, she either just dumped him or she definitely had a tool. If water, she would have had to somehow place him under a huge rock or shoved him into some underwater cavern for him not to have surfaced. I admit I know nothing about the Kansas terrain.

Those metal covers are nearly impossible to lift without the right kind of tool. Edgemoor is a very busy street, it’s a little deceiving when you just see the pictures from Zillow, it’s hard to tell that unless you live here and are familiar with the area. Of course, what has or has not been searched is not information I am going to give, but I think it’s safe to assume, Emily picking up a manhole cover on the street in that area would be a long shot. And would be a major risk of being seen.

Yea I agree they are hard to pull up which made me wonder about her scraped knuckles again. Around 2am - 4am in the morning there may not have been too much traffic on Gilbert. I realize Edgemoor appears to be a main road. Since those manholes are right near her house on Gilbert just was wondering if she herself may have thought of that location. Just thought it would be worth a look to see if they may have been disturbed.

I know those things I mentioned are probably long shots. Im hitting dead ends on any new ideas.

Yea I agree they are hard to pull up which made me wonder about her scraped knuckles again. Around 2am - 4am in the morning there may not have been too much traffic on Gilbert. I realize Edgemoor appears to be a main road. Since those manholes are right near her house on Gilbert just was wondering if she herself may have thought of that location. Just thought it would be worth a look to see if they may have been disturbed.

I know those things I mentioned are probably long shots. Im hitting dead ends on any new ideas.
It sure would help if we knew how she normally spent her days. She's told us how Lucas spent time playing with his cousins,enough to get markedly bruised. He was at school half a day. Seems like she had plenty of time on her hands. I assume she has her own car. She's much too needy to be without company to feed her ego.

It sure would help if we knew how she normally spent her days. She's told us how Lucas spent time playing with his cousins,enough to get markedly bruised. He was at school half a day. Seems like she had plenty of time on her hands. I assume she has her own car. She's much too needy to be without company to feed her ego.

JMO
Yeah she does not strike me as one to want to be home alone every day by herself watching little ones. I agree she wanted company every chance she could get. Whether she went somewhere else or whether someone came over to her place I have a feeling she was always looking for some company.

What I know for sure about tragedy. Primary experience is shock. Secondly, we spring into action. No way did she spend a lot of time sitting around getting high trying to calm herself down. She's already an outrageous psychopath. If anything, she did more meth to focus and think what to do. That would have been her go-to drug. I imagine she was frantic and gravitated towards somewhere or someone familiar, providing confidence in her stealth.

Mostly a lurker but following since day one.
My mind needs to go over what we do know from announcements made by WPD or searchers (txeq). They have made statements that make me wonder, "how did they come to the conclusion?" Hopefully a few of these questions can spark a new thought to someone.
WPD initially made a statement asking the public, "if anyone saw anyone running without shoes... "
I ask, "where exactly is this question stemming from? What do they know to make them ask the question in that way?"
MOO- Maybe EG feet were torn up also. (Along with the backs of her hands) Leading them to believe she was out barefoot that evening. Maybe she got to her final destination with him and left her shoes there in order to not bring any evidence with her and had to walk out barefoot?

Another statement was by Tim from TXEQ saying that this case was similar to CA.
I ask myself, "what similarities is he finding specifically?"
I recently watched an episode of 48 hours that was specifically on CA. Casey was lying through her teeth to everyone around her just to keep herself out of trouble. Not having a care in the world on what she had allegedly done to her daughter.
MOO- Casey told everyone a story about a nanny running off with her daughter, trying to send the search away from her direction and leading it further away.
Im sorry this seems off topic so far but bear with me...
This has sparked my thinking that maybe EG tried to imply Lucas wandered off in the neighborhood in hopes of keeping the search closer to the house. Could that mean she was directing the search away from where he really is? Further away where she could've taken him.

So this is my own speculation, but IF EG had someone "help" in any way, I believe it would could be in the way of her asking if she could drop her daughter off and borrow their car. She may not have disclosed any more info than that to the person at the time, even though they may have put two and two together now and believe they would be in trouble also. Either in assisting her, or there are other illegal actions preventing them from coming forward.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I am depressed today and I would like to put this out there. Do you really believe that police are actually giving certain people inside information about Lucas to post on the internet. My best friend who is a judge here where I live says absolutely not. Family as in the case of my sisters murder are not told to much either..

So could it be that something is wrong here???
POLICE ARE NOT TELLING DETAILS

We are missing something...

MOO

I am a tad confused. Where is the info leaking?? I DO AGREE with you.. I find LH's case to be so tight lipped. At least the sheriff in Joe Daniel's is reporting that they are having searches etc.

I am depressed today and I would like to put this out there. Do you really believe that police are actually giving certain people inside information about Lucas to post on the internet. My best friend who is a judge here where I live says absolutely not. Family as in the case of my sisters murder are not told to much either..

So could it be that something is wrong here???

POLICE ARE NOT TELLING DETAILS

We are missing something...

MOO

I don’t think the police have given anyone much more info than they’ve given in their press releases. Some people because of their intimate knowledge of the family may have info they know first hand or even second hand (JH or EG told them)...
WPD keeps all investigations silent. They give out very little details.
Even when children aren’t involved.
A case where someone was running illegal gambling was silent til charges started coming down
A city councilman was charged yesterday with wire fraud, bank fraud, money laundering- and the charges was the first time anyone (average joe, general public) even knew there was an investigation happening
Wichita has an amazing police chief. He has done a lot to clean up the department- before he came it wasn’t nearly so good. I have a lot of faith in WPD from what I know of certain LE individuals personally and from what I see in the news.
More is coming. When, I have no idea. But more is coming. I have complete and utter faith in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member