Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #21 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that it was after Lucas was reported missing, but before she was arrested. I will just say IMO because I still can't figure out how to search here and I don't know how to bring a post from a prior thread either, but FLA explained over the course of several posts, beginning with the one about the mouse. If that helps. Sorry.

i can try to find the link later today - i think this is really important to note! i think some of our theories (or maybe just mine!) about the lie are maybe straying down a path that are thinking this lie was very planned by EG - if it was after he was reported missing, it also could very well be the best lie she could come up with under the circumstances & in the moment. at the same time, im not discrediting any of the theories that include planning to set up JO in advance - maybe when she told the lie doesnt matter and it was her plan all along.

but im going to step back and rethink this bc i do think the lie is important but gleaning from this post, i think whats most is important is WHY she needed to account for Lucas wednesday the 14th after he went missing. JH facetimed him thursday and we know her version of events on friday and saturday - who even cares about wednesday? and if we are backtracking, why are we caring about wednesday but not tuesday or monday?

**not in an i dont care about lucas/where he was wednesday, but you what i mean - why is wed significant in that she needed to lie.

We knew the ex had called police and filed the report, because of the court documents filed to stop her visits with her bio sons. We also knew DCF and police had tried to contact him without success before he left 2/9 from the documents the judge allowed media to share from the CINC case.
To my knowledge this is the first we had heard of charges being filed against JH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re correct.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Hopefully this will work
https://www.kansas.gov/countyCourts/search/records?execution=e4s6

I wonder why they would charge him with this instead of child abuse or endangerment or domestic violence instead? Is it a more seriosu offense if charged this way? Also, how bizarrely worded "physical contact in a rude, insulting, angry manner". It's just weird to me that it isn't mentioned that the victim is a child.

I think significant progress is FINALLY being made (or it at minimum appears that way) in the office of the juvenile social workers. Too late and not enough for our beautiful boy however.

I had so many cases pulled up between Texas, New Mexico, Kansas, Missouri - I honestly can not pinpoint which exact case without going thru them all again. I am improving on how to screen shot and will work on putting the criminal cases here, but not the civil cases.
JH has multiple criminal cases, plus civil ones? We want to see them ALL!

Poor Lucas. :(

I wonder why they would charge him with this instead of child abuse or endangerment or domestic violence instead? Is it a more seriosu offense if charged this way? Also, how bizarrely worded "physical contact in a rude, insulting, angry manner". It's just weird to me that it isn't mentioned that the victim is a child.

I will admit, I am very green when it comes to documents like this. However, this is a first for me- the description. "Rude, insulting, angry manner". Rude? Would that be something that was said, along with something insulting, while hitting someone in an angry manner?

I will admit, I am very green when it comes to documents like this. However, this is a first for me- the description. "Rude, insulting, angry manner". Rude? Would that be something that was said, along with something insulting, while hitting someone in an angry manner?
If I recall, didn't mother of the year and Lucas both get yelled at as well?

Is hostile and violent behavior a common, expected result of meth use?

I can't help but feel sad for JH. I know that's not going to be a popular idea--and I 100% get that he wasn't there for sweet, sweet, Lucas like he needed his daddy to be there for him. But, still.....

Yes, it can be. Especially on a come down or if they're jonesing and can't get ahold of any. Or, if they already have anger issues and any little thing sets them off.

My sister would OFTEN get violent and often yell and scream at the top of her lungs, even throwing things. You couldn't be around when she was raging.

They were together for about 3 years, and have a 1 year old daughter together.
If you even look at my kid crosswsys, you are OUT! No matter their age. Where is the maternal and paternal instinct for these two people? The gross negligence and inability to protect their children is sickening.

I don’t know that it’s any more common than someone who has been drinking or someone who is just a jerk. My ex was hostile, rude, and insulting while sober

If you even look at my kid crosswsys, you are OUT! No matter their age. Where is the maternal and paternal instinct for these two people? The gross negligence and inability to protect their children is sickening.

Agreed. I have no problem cutting a person out of my life who I feel is threatening or abusive period I will not allow harm to come to my children they are my #1 priority

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't help but feel sad for JH. I know that's not going to be a popular idea--and I 100% get that he wasn't there for sweet, sweet, Lucas like he needed his daddy to be there for him. But, still.....
Why? He's a man, an adult, perfectly capable of standing for himself, and made conscious decisions to physically harm children. I'm not bashing you, I sincerely want to know why he gets a pass?

In the meantime, one child has died, another has no parents, and two more have been traumatized AT LEAST once that we know of.

I admit I probably felt sorry for JH for about 2 seconds in the beginning, back in February, because I am soft for boys and thought he was also a victim... But then more and more and more has come out. And of course, he isn't a boy he's a man so he needs to be accountable.

Unless I missed something this charge would almost have to be between a state official (employee) and JH. CHARGES such as this are not usual between a child and adult or 2 adults.

I wiuld also like to see jh entire legal, criminal and civil filings.

This is the statute for the charge
[FONT=&quot]21-5413. Battery; aggravated battery; battery against certain persons; aggravated battery against certain persons. (a) Battery is:
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](2) knowingly causing physical contact with another person when done in a rude, insulting or angry manner.
[/FONT]http://rvpolicy.kdor.ks.gov/Pilots/Ntrntpil/IPILv1x0.NSF/0054dea677fc8aa586257a7e0057b460/f14504f057e446fe86257f1000794199?OpenDocument

You are right; that probably won't be a popular idea. :moo:

While I feel sorry for anyone whose child is missing (and presumed dead), I have to struggle past my other emotions about him to remember he is in unimaginable pain. I don't often manage that struggle, so thanks for the reminder. That said, IMO, he is a horrible parent and should not regain custody of either of his remaining children for a very long time, if ever. The long time I mention is for education and training (on parenting and anger management), not merely to punish him.

Everything you say is fact--I agree.

But I think, here's this guy who for whatever reason was entangled in this really unhealthy relationship--he's lost Lucas, likely his daughter, and possibly another child. On top of that, he has to accept that he is 100% responsible for all of that--that he chose this woman over his own child and his family. Now, he's being held accountable for something he allegedly did to her child. I don't know. The tragedy of it all just makes me sad for him.

I want him to be held accountable, but I still have empathy for him.

Why? He's a man, an adult, perfectly capable of standing for himself, and made conscious decisions to physically harm children. I'm not bashing you, I sincerely want to know why he gets a pass?

In the meantime, one child has died, another has no parents, and two more have been traumatized AT LEAST once that we know of.

I admit I probably felt sorry for JH for about 2 seconds in the beginning, back in February, because I am soft for boys and thought he was also a victim... But then more and more and more has come out. And of course, he isn't a boy he's a man so he needs to be accountable.

Everything you say is fact--I agree.

But I think, here's this guy who for whatever reason was entangled in this really unhealthy relationship--he's lost Lucas, likely his daughter, and possibly another child. On top of that, he has to accept that he is 100% responsible for all of that--that he chose this woman over his own child and his family. Now, he's being held accountable for something he allegedly did to her child. I don't know. The tragedy of it all just makes me sad for him.

I want him to be held accountable, but I still have empathy for him.

BBM #1: If this was a completely isolated incident, then yes. If Lucas had never been the victim of abuse and was suddenly killed by JH's girlfriend, then of course, all sympathy towards him. No one should be held responsible for someone's sudden and uncharacteristic actions. But, he had warning. Too much warning that he ignored. He did not lose Lucas suddenly, he deteriorated over a period of time.

BBM #2: He allowed his girlfriend to beat his child, while he watched him decline and while his own family called CPS and he did nothing. There is nothing about that man that makes me think he did not hurt Emily's two sons. He should be held accountable.

Jules, I am not yelling at you or anything, just responding with my own thoughts. I hope this doesn't come across as too strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61