Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #22 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since they aren’t married I believe he can be compelled to testify. If they had married however he would not be able to be subpoenaed as far as I know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In a case involving a child, there is no spousal privilege.

I'm wondering if JO is actually defending JH. Sure it soubds that way because we all have an idea of who we think he is. But he's a grieving dad who's reacting how he thinks he should react. And that reaction might be irrational. We all don't agree with it for sure, but JO knows him better than any of us...maybe she knows him well enough to know he's far better than we are giving him credit for.
I read the interview they did together, I don’t remember the date. From what I know of studying statements under duress, I believed them both to be credible.

Yes !! I almost think I may need to switch body clocks. As Saturday morning my time took loads to catch up on Friday events. This is obvious but I am checking for my own sake - they do not need to handover any at all info regarding Lucas do they, as this is about MH only. So at this stage EG defence would not know what LE has on her yet ? I am assuming they would only handover info that contains a crossover of info to convict this charge only.

EG doesn't have a "defense" in regard to Lucas. She has not been charged with any sort of crime relating to him.

i don’t recall her being on a psyche hold. She was in med pod for pregnancy. At least that’s my understanding.
We all assumed this, but if someone intimately involved in this case (JO, mom of the missing) says so, I'm more inclined to believe that is what us outsider guess to be accurate.

What do you think he would have to offer?

JH was 12 hours away.

She most likely did not not tell him she smoked and went to OG. She may have been pregnant and both may have known.

JH probably mad at prosecutors, so he would be hostile.

JH had no direct knowledge of what she actually did while he was working.
"She most likely did not tell him she smoked and went to OG..."

Where are you coming up with that statement? We have known for a long time she sent him a message telling him exactly that. So she did tell him, and there's proof of it.

I concur
After all I’ve witnessed on these threads, there’s only two things I know for sure:
1. Lucas has disappeared.
2. The words of and FLA trump the words of MSM.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

We all assumed this, but if someone intimately involved in this case (JO, mom of the missing) says so, I'm more inclined to believe that is what us outsider guess to be accurate.
In my state it’s called a 51-50 psychiatric hold which allows for a 72 hour confinement when someone is determined to be a danger to themselves or the public. Suicidal or homicidal. She could have been playing her strategic game and been going off like a crazy woman saying she’s gonna kill whoever took her boy or hurt him. Those witnessed threats would qualify for the involuntary detention. Speculation of course.

According to JO, EG doesn’t have friends and her family wants nothing to do with her....with the exception of her cousin. Even before JO said those things, I had a strong feeling she only hung out with her cousin.

Unless otherwise stated, everything above is MOO[emoji230][emoji5]
When RoyalsGal was here posting at the start, she said her sister knew EG from high school, and that she didn't have many friends. If you don't have friends then, you aren't going to turn into someone who had them in adulthood.

Is trial starting tomorrow or what? Did they get all their jurors and alternates figured out?

In my state it’s called a 51-50 psychiatric hold which allows for a 72 hour confinement when someone is determined to be a danger to themselves or the public. Suicidal or homicidal. She could have been playing her strategic game and been going off like a crazy woman saying she’s gonna kill whoever took her boy or hurt him. Those witnessed threats would qualify for the involuntary detention. Speculation of course.
Yes, I am aware of that. I was replying to someone (can't recall who) that thought we "knew" EG was in medical for pregnancy. We never "knew" that, we all assumed I think. So if JO says it's suicide/psychiatric, I am inclined to believe her, over all of use guessing it was pregnancy.

Is trial starting tomorrow or what? Did they get all their jurors and alternates figured out?

I’m still waiting for the news channels to update their FB or websites :/ there’s some severe weather tonight so they’re focusing on that
ETA I watched the 5 o’clock broadcast and they did update then they just haven’t updated the written articles.

I saw FLA stated she wouldn't be giving more details, I just want to say FLA, you've been a class act. You've held up during an unbelievably hard time, and you've spoken with great decorom and class. I don't blame you for not saying more, but whatever the outcome of this all is, please know we're all here supporting you.

Plus, a 51-50 is for someone who is acting erratcially and needs to be evaluated but hasn't necessarily done anything against the law - it's more of a pre-emptive thing to keep them from harming themselves and others and isn't usually used on someone who is already in police custody, as far as I know.

Plus, a 51-50 is for someone who is acting erratcially and needs to be evaluated but hasn't necessarily done anything against the law - it's more of a pre-emptive thing to keep them from harming themselves and others and isn't usually used on someone who is already in police custody, as far as I know.

If they had her in the psych hold could it have been because she was combative? She looked pretty PO'd in her mug shot.

LE said EG was unemotional in her interviews. That strikes me as strange. Strange like guilty. A normal person would be freaking out about finding their child. A guilty person would fake freaking out. Unemotional just seems really strange to me. Could it be that she was intentionally unemotional so the detective couldn't see thru anything? (in her mind) It still just reeks of guilt.
I'm getting creeped out with my thoughts of EG. Again, I'm getting that Jodi Arias vibe. Pretty creepy.

If they had her in the psych hold could it have been because she was combative? She looked pretty PO'd in her mug shot.

I'm not sure of the exact rules, but I don't think that would be enough - although, when it comes to jails, they kinda seem to do what they want and find a way to make it "legal". I'm sure they very well could if they wanted to, especially if they thought the isolation would make her crack. Usually, however, when you are combative in jail they put you in restraints in a separate cell until you are calm enough to go back to your normal cell/pod.

Kinda OT - I have a question about Sedgwick County jail if anyone can help clear it up? I know that the city/county jails I've been to have pods, which is usually one giant room that has several beds (i've been in one that had 6 beds and a bigger one that had probably 40), a few toilets, one or two showers and then a separate dining/rec area attached. Usually not private cells or even a few to a cell, so it's kinda like one big (kinda scary) slumber party. You have freedom to roam about between the bed/rec area, even at night.
Is this how the Sedgwick County jail is set up? I'm just wondering because I know most people think jail and assume it's a small cell with bars or a heavy door and one bed and one toilet - but with my experience I know thats' not usually the case unless you are under some type of segregation. TIA for anyone who might know!

My thoughts are in line with yours on this. It also answers the question of why did it take them 3 days to arrest her.....

I'm not sure of the exact rules, but I don't think that would be enough - although, when it comes to jails, they kinda seem to do what they want and find a way to make it "legal". I'm sure they very well could if they wanted to, especially if they thought the isolation would make her crack. Usually, however, when you are combative in jail they put you in restraints in a separate cell until you are calm enough to go back to your normal cell/pod.

Kinda OT - I have a question about Sedgwick County jail if anyone can help clear it up? I know that the city/county jails I've been to have pods, which is usually one giant room that has several beds (i've been in one that had 6 beds and a bigger one that had probably 40), a few toilets, one or two showers and then a separate dining/rec area attached. Usually not private cells or even a few to a cell, so it's kinda like one big (kinda scary) slumber party. You have freedom to roam about between the bed/rec area, even at night.
Is this how the Sedgwick County jail is set up? I'm just wondering because I know most people think jail and assume it's a small cell with bars or a heavy door and one bed and one toilet - but with my experience I know thats' not usually the case unless you are under some type of segregation. TIA for anyone who might know!

IF EG is in a place like you describe and she's a presumed child killer, is she safe?

My thoughts are in line with yours on this. It also answers the question of why did it take them 3 days to arrest her.....

I'm not sure I'm following what you mean. Why did it take them 3 days to arrest her?

IF EG is in a place like you describe and she's a presumed child killer, is she safe?

Sadly, yes. People thnk that child abusers and the other kind of abuse towards a child are automatic targets, but anymore there are so many that it's not necessarily true. A lot of the women in custody probably have some type of child endangerment/neglect/abuse charges against them, and they never think what they did was "wrong", so they tend to have sympathy towards others with similar charges instead of being angry. It's not unheard of that there might be someone who wnats to go after her, but people in county usually have short sentences or are waiting to be bailed out and don't want to do anything else to risk being locked up longer. Plus, the women she is in with likely wouldn't have much, if any, of the knowledge we WS'ers have about EG and the case. if she's a good manipulator like we think, she might have all of her roommates convinced she's innocent and feeling sorry for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member