Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #25 Arrest

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was reported early on in the search, that that week (a couple days after JH left for work) 'EG sent JH a snapshot of a couple' claiming to be worried about 'being home all alone (with 2 kids, a ton of neighbors all around her new home and cell to whip out & dial 911 at the drop of a hat).
She was afraid and yet invited them
Into her house? Right.

Five Stages of Grief by Elisabeth Kubler Ross & David Kessler

The 5 stages of grief.

Dr. Elizabeth Kubler Ross spent most of her life studying Death and Dying. I heard her speak at the University if Michigan in the 1980s.

DENIAL- some of us held onto hope Lucas would be found alive.

ANGER-some of us were livid.

BARGAINING-we wanted the people who made the mistakes of missed action to go back and fix it. Then maybe Lucas could be saved and be found alive I call it the deals with God stage.

DEPRESSION- reality sets in and and we struggle with it.

ACCEPTANCE- exactly the definition of the word.

No defined time for any stage. No manual to get through it. Everyone gets there on their own time.

I do hope Wichita has a strong mental health support system. You’re going to need it and everyone who did anything deserves guidance and to be helped.

Lucas early on captured the heart of the CITY IF WICHITA AND MUCH IF KANSAS.

I HOPE THERE ARE GROUP SESSIONS WHERE PEOPLE CAN PRIVATELY GET SUPPORT AND OBTAIN PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE.

HEALING IS A GREAT THING. HEALING TOGETHER IS AWESOME

IF I POST HERE ITS MY OWN OPINION.

I think she met someone at Chisholm Park. Wasn't it said that that's where she met to to exchange custody (I don't remember if it was her ex that she met to get/give back her boys, or JO with Lucas)? I think LE has something that indicates she was there (pings, camera footage...), and that's why they searched it. I think that was a meeting place for her. I think she met someone there, and then they headed out of town until they hit the county line or until they got to where they felt was far enough from the city (but it's a huge coincidence that it's the first road out of the county). I think she/they got lucky that there happened to be a culvert there.
This. I think she hit Chisolm park and cut her phone off, giving a last ping. Then she kept heading down Woodlawn until she crossed the county line and hit 96th Street. She had to stay on the same road and turn and stop not far off of it so she wouldn't get lost - she couldn't turn her phone on and use GPS or else she would mess up her "story" and have proof of being out in the middle of nowhere for no good reason. She definitely couldn't risk taking more time than absolutely necessary by getting lost and driving around aimlessly, increasing chances of being seen or noticed looking suspicious. Then she didn't turn her phone back on until she got home. ALL OF THIS is just my OPINION and speculation, obviously - but I think this may be part of it.

Do
She did but she also said JH looks now like he did when he was going through his divorce. I don't recall her specifying what that means, exactly, but I'm speculating that though he's always been thin & gaunt, there's a "look" about him since Lucas went missing that reminds her of the "look" he had when going through divorce. She also talked about him achieving sobriety, later after the divorce. I don't know if she's trying to say she thinks he's drinking again or if he has a haunted look about him???
Do we know she actually went down to see the remains? Or were they searching for so long because she didn’t know which culvert it was.?

Did she go down or did she stay on the road and point?

DM indicated that EG had a "reaction" upon them finding Lucas but he would not give further details. This leads me to believe that she saw him.

That definitely could be. I took it as she lost it a little once finding out he had found him. I can see both scenarios play out for sure. As much as I want details I can understand and appreciate them keeping tight lipped. It’s hard not knowing but I get it.

DM indicated that EG had a "reaction" upon them finding Lucas but he would not give further details. This leads me to believe that she saw him.
I can’t imagine the look on her face if she was with him when he was found. Again, I want to thank the PI. Hats off to him & his partner. Without his ability to read people we would still be searching.

Interviewer: OK, yeah, is there anything else you wanna say?

Emily: I do want peop… I mean, I do want people to know my side, I’m just not there yet, you know… ehm… ‘cause there is a huge history between Lucas’ family from New Mexico and I and all of the accusations… A majority of the time when he had gotten hurt and ended up with bruises, he wasn't under my care because I would send him off with my cousins and there's older boys over there and he's a very little, small boy and he can get hurt easily and when he's playing with older boys who are like 10 years old, even though we'd say hey Lucas be careful. We had to tell him all the time you know, be careful

“...and he's a very little, small boy and he can get hurt easily...”

“We had to tell him all the time you know, be careful.”

Who was telling Emily to be careful? Anybody? Shame on you Jonathan, why didn’t you stand up and protect Lucas?

She did but she also said JH looks now like he did when he was going through his divorce. I don't recall her specifying what that means, exactly, but I'm speculating that though he's always been thin & gaunt, there's a "look" about him since Lucas went missing that reminds her of the "look" he had when going through divorce. She also talked about him achieving sobriety, later after the divorce. I don't know if she's trying to say she thinks he's drinking again or if he has a haunted look about him???

I kind of got the feeling that she was hinting about him using something without actually coming out and saying it. She tried very hard not to smear him.

This is totally off-topic from what you guys are discussing but I just thought of something. I was sitting here wondering about cause of death. Since Lucas was abused so much in the past I bet there will be evidence on his body of past abuse. I just hope they have an actual cause of death that they can get her on.

Imo it depends on how much soft tissue was left after 3 months exposed to the elements.

Skeletal damage would still be apparent

If I post here it’s my opinion.

I could be wrong, but I understood that the reporters asked what kind of reaction she had and DM said he couldn't comment. I don't think there's any way she went down there to see him.

However, I agree with the sentiment of your post. It wasn't time for him to be found for whatever reason. The right person found him at the right time.

If he was moved:
  • Is it logical to assume it would have been after he was reported missing during those three days (?) that she had Jonathan with her before she was arrested?
  • Or could Lucas initially been placed elsewhere late Friday night and moved sometime Saturday in early morning light?
  • Or could an accomplice during or after the fact moved him for her?
  • Or (insert your thoughts)
I still hold tight to my opinion that she lost her temper, beat him, he died. She hid his body. I still, for the most part, from what i know currently, believe she was alone. I think she put him there and never went back. MOO

Imo it depends on how much soft tissue was left after 3 months exposed to the elements.

Skeletal damage would still be apparent

If I post here it’s my opinion.
I can firmly state with my brother’s body being in the elements during June, July and August. There absolutely was more than bones and dried up skin, even after the coyote’s ravaging. I won’t go further into the gory details but...his body had to be kept in the freezer at the morgue until the very last minute because of the odor. He arrived at the funeral home in a plastic bag. This tough to remember. My heart is broken for Jamie.

I can firmly state with my brother’s body being in the elements during June, July and August. There absolutely was more than bones and dried up skin, even after the coyote’s ravaging. I won’t go further into the gory details but...his body had to be kept in the freezer at the morgue until the very last minute because of the odor. He arrived at the funeral home in a plastic bag. This tough to remember. My heart is broken for Jamie.

I agree with all you said and I’m very sorry you have those memories to deal with.

The only place we differ is the force of water against decaying tissue. It was cold snowed, rained and then warm.

The big unknown is how much and the force of the water that went through the culvert. There might be testimony from a hydrologist and/or a climatologist at trial. The people up the road may be called. People smarter than me are going to be able to figure that one.

If I post here it’s my humble opinion.

I still hold tight to my opinion that she lost her temper, beat him, he died. She hid his body. I still, for the most part, from what i know currently, believe she was alone. I think she put him there and never went back. MOO

This is pretty much what I have thought from the beginning as well.

I agree with all you said and I’m very sorry you have those memories to deal with.

The only place we differ is the force of water against decaying tissue. It was cold snowed, rained and then warm.

The big unknown is how much and the force of the water that went through the culvert. There might be testimony from a hydrologist and/or a climatologist at trial. The people up the road may be called. People smarter than me are going to be able to figure that one.

If I post here it’s my humble opinion.
Yes Charlie, my experience involved very different elements. We found him far past the rural roads deep into the woods. It was very dry that summer with temps at 100 degrees. Any moisture would definitely have a tremendous affect. Thanks for weighing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dalton2020