Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #25 Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T If anyone wants some trial experience this case happened in Wichita a couple of years ago and the trial starts today.
KS - Laura Abarca-Nogueda, 27, slain, newborn abducted, Wichita, 17 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 16m16 minutes ago
#YeseniaSesmas - Jury selection begins this morning in the case of a Texas women accused of killing a Kansas women and kidnapping her newborn child. We'll be LIVE in the courtroom when opening statements begin.
O/T but I remember that day so clearly. Early media reports (go figure) made it sound like a murderer was on the loose in the neighborhood there (very close to 2 schools) -- when the news came in about what actually took place, it was a relief that kids were never in danger but gosh...devastating. Thanks for the link! I'll follow & learn.

I was just thinking about the placement of Lucas body. Hopefully being put where he was protected more from the elements than being out in the sun, wind, and rain. I hope it preserved his little body to make autopsy more clear as to what happened to him. jmo
Deleted because I was letting my curiosity and need for ALL the info NOW get in the way -- what is relevant is what is determined in this case.

Jewels, I'm with you -- I sure hope he was sheltered enough that EG's fate is sealed through a trial, appeals, etc. I want to remove all possibility of her manipulating anyone else and I want the world to see her for what she is.

Last edited:
Hate to be graphic, but maybe someone can answer --? I haven't followed any ME shows for quite a while. If there is enough flesh to determine how it "should" look under those conditions, can they see where injury has occurred? In other words, if skin decomposes in a certain manner, can they see where it has been "disturbed" in the recent past just prior to death (like cuts/scrapes, bruises, burns, abrasions)? Organ damage? Are there general rules of thumb for length of time after death that this info stays reliable?

I really hesitated posting this -- I wonder if I should just wait on the autopsy to come out and be quiet -- I'm just wondering if we're holding out hope for skeletal & toxicology evidence or if there's reason to believe more could come from this. It's been a pretty warm 3 months overall considering the time of year, so I'm really hoping he was shaded and sheltered enough.

I’m waiting for the autopsy personally.

I just hope she doesn't decide to plea. I hate to say it I would like to see everything you said happen. I would enjoy seeing her crumble, if that is possible.
While I'd like to see at that, I'd rather Lucas' family get the decision they want. A plea means they don't have to hear the painful details of their baby's last moments, and if that's preferred by them, then I'd say a plea is a win.

They share Johnathan as dad, right?

Could he get custody of little sister, and the "current" pregnancy (quotes b/c seems there is some confusion over whether or not EG is actually pregnant)

Hello all!

I remember him mentioning that they drove at least 30 times over the bridges, so then he (DM) decided to just start at the first bridge, and that is where he found Lucas. I believe that is what I read in his statement in the article.

Has the autopsy been completed? I don't think I saw anything in the last 100 plus posts I've read since yesterday. I would believe that the DA would need that to charge her with murder.... or they just going to go with the obstruction/interference with LE charge for this arraignment??
dont-no-smiley.gif

BUT - just in case it IS today - here's what I have:

Tuesday, May 29th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ CT) – KS – Lucas Allen Hernandez (5) (missing Feb. 17, 2018; found May 24, 2018) – Emily Ann-Marie Glass (27) ( arrested & booked (5/24/18) with 1 count felony obstruction/interference with LE. $250K bond. Booked into Harvey County jail & transferred to Sedgwick County.
Originally arrested (2/21/18) for 2 counts of child endangerment. 5/16/18: A six-person jury delivered the not guilty verdict after deliberating for less than an hour Wednesday morning.
Judge O’Connor said he will it leave up to another judge who is handing a child-in-need-of-care case involving the 1-year-old whether Glass can have contact with that child. 4/27/18: The stepmother and caregiver of a 5-year-old Wichita boy missing for more than two months lost custody of her 1-year-old daughter on Friday. Sedgwick County juvenile court Judge Kevin Smith found that Emily Glass’ daughter is, under state law, a “child in need of care.” The designation puts the girl in the custody of the secretary for the Kansas Department for Children and Families. The agency will decide where the child will live. The girl had already been placed in police protective custody.

judge-smiley.gif

Here's all the tweeters I have for Lucas....

Chris Arnold (@ChrisArnoldKSN) | Twitter

Tim Potter (@timpotter59) | Twitter

Amy Renee Leiker (@AmyReneeLeiker) | Twitter

KAKE Lily Wu (@KansasLily) | Twitter

Kaitlyn Alanis (@KaitlynAlanis) | Twitter

I did a quick check and none of them are tweeting about the hearing. I'd keep any eye out - but I need to go to another case thread and do tweets!
I have all of those and more with notifications turned on for all tweets. If anyone reports anything I’ll post it

While I'd like to see at that, I'd rather Lucas' family get the decision they want. A plea means they don't have to hear the painful details of their baby's last moments, and if that's preferred by them, then I'd say a plea is a win.
That is very true, it is always what the family wants. I would hate for them to endure any more pain than what they have already gone thru.

They share Johnathan as dad, right?

Could he get custody of little sister, and the "current" pregnancy (quotes b/c seems there is some confusion over whether or not EG is actually pregnant)
He lost custody of the younger sister in the CINC case, at least for now. I think the outcome of the case related to EG's son being pushed will factory into the ability to get custody of any children back.

He lost custody of the younger sister in the CINC case, at least for now. I think the outcome of the case related to EG's son being pushed will factory into the ability to get custody of any children back.
Again, his charge was a misdemeanor charge. I think they'll have him do some classes and eventually get her back. That seems to pretty much be how it's done in my neck of the woods. The courts are very much in favor of reunification.

Again, his charge was a misdemeanor charge. I think they'll have him do some classes and eventually get her back. That seems to pretty much be how it's done in my neck of the woods. The courts are very much in favor of reunification.
I agree, but in light of the fact he's lost custody of his child before he also gets the misdemeanor tacked on, I don't foresee it being an easy process to get his daughter back.

Yes, since it is a CINC case now, there is a detailed case plan involving a variety of agencies and parties that outlines and specifies tasks and dates etc. for steps that must be taken for JH (IF he or any other person is seeking to obtain custody) to complete the court requirements to be considered for placement of the minor child. At a minimum at this point there is a social services caseworker, that caseworker's supervisor, a GAL, a DA office assigned attorney, a CSO (court service officer), an assigned judge, foster care parent(s), a foster care family supervisor, possibly a CASA, and likely a DCF caseworker all involved in the case. (This is the routine "staff" assigned to all CINC cases in this county.)

How could he care for a one yr old with the schedule he works? He barely saw that baby.

I hope they don't return her to his care without keeping an eye on the situation. His 5 yr old was horribly abused, and he did nothing about it.

How could he care for a one yr old with the schedule he works? He barely saw that baby.

I hope they don't return her to his care without keeping an eye on the situation. His 5 yr old was horribly abused, and he did nothing about it.

Agreed. But with EG behind bars, I think it's time that they start looking for family to take custody of MH. JH's family in NM would be a great place to start. As much as I'm not a JH fan (and I'm not... at all), I wouldn't worry about him having access to the children or anything like that. I just don't think he should have custody considering he's amazingly terrible at parenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisy24