Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #25 Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, his charge was a misdemeanor charge. I think they'll have him do some classes and eventually get her back. That seems to pretty much be how it's done in my neck of the woods. The courts are very much in favor of reunification.
I agree the courts push reunification. I think they will be pretty cautious with this though. DCF is already under huge scrutiny in this area right now due to several high profile cases and who knows, JH might face additional charges depending on how this all plays out.

I think the outcome/facts surrounding this case will play a lot into the family court's decision on how to handle the custody of the baby. I don't see him regaining custody. Hopefully the family in NM who helped with Lucas is willing and able to do the same for the baby. I would honestly like to see her in a foster to adopt program and be adopted and raised by a loving family outside of this entire mess....even if they still let JH participate in her life, as mentioned....his track record of parenting is pretty much shot. I don't know if any amount of parenting classes, fines etc will ever be enough to make this guy see that just because you love a person very much, doesn't mean you can do the best for them. Sometimes loving a person, even a child, means letting them go somewhere they have a better shot at a happy life.

While I'd like to see at that, I'd rather Lucas' family get the decision they want. A plea means they don't have to hear the painful details of their baby's last moments, and if that's preferred by them, then I'd say a plea is a win.

I agree. I would rather see a plea as long as it involves many decades in prison. KS isn't going to give her the death penalty and even if they did, they haven't carried out an execution in something like 60 years. I would rather spare the taxpayers the expense of a trial and Lucas' family the pain of a trial.

I agree. I would rather see a plea as long as it involves many decades in prison. KS isn't going to give her the death penalty and even if they did, they haven't carried out an execution in something like 60 years. I would rather spare the taxpayers the expense of a trial and Lucas' family the pain of a trial.
I've wondered about this, what I would want if it were my child murdered. There's a part of me that would have to know what happened and there's apart of me that wouldn't be able to bear it.

I've wondered about this, what I would want if it were my child murdered. There's a part of me that would have to know what happened and there's apart of me that wouldn't be able to bear it.

They could mandate that as part of a plea deal, EG has to tell them exactly what she did. That's done in some cases where the body hasn't been located. The thing is, does anyone really believe EG won't lie, even under oath? I don't think we'll ever get the whole story, because like most murderers, EG is going to minimize anything she did to Lucas or just flat out lie about what she did.

Are you guys all ready for all the details to come out, and all the lies to follow? As NG says, Bombshell! It should all get very interesting in the coming days and weeks, and I can't wait for her trial. This will be the first case I've followed after a missing person has been found, and the first I've followed through trial. EG is a poor excuse for a human being, and no punishment will be too harsh for that woman. She's a horrible, horrible person! I want to watch her life crumble before her very own eyes.

I couldn't have said it better myself! I get physically ill when I look at her. Hate is such a hard thing to say/feel, but I'm comfortable saying I hate EG. I pray whatever Lucas family wants as far as trial or plea is granted. I can't imagine how shattered they are right now. @FindLucasAllen my sincerest condolences & prayers are being sent your way daily!!!

I wonder if they will try and move the trial to another jurisdiction
I really don’t see that happening. It has had coverage on the news but there are still people who have never heard the name Lucas Hernandez. There are over 500,000 people in Sedgwick County. I’m pretty confident they could seat a jury from the pool

I wonder if they will try and move the trial to another jurisdiction
I really don’t see that happening. It has had coverage on the news but there are still people who have never heard the name Lucas Hernandez. There are over 500,000 people in Sedgwick County. I’m pretty confident they could seat a jury from the pool

I hope they do move it just so that can’t be used as an appeal later.

The local officials conducting the forensic exams are highly competent and highly respected individuals. It is not beneficial IMO to have unfounded and unfair disparaging remarks made regarding their abilities or reputations. While Dr. Jan Garavaglia may have had an interesting and "dramatized" television show, she has been retired for a number of years, as has Dr Wecht ( I believe for over 10 years since the multiple criminal charges were filed against him Pathologist Accused of Profiting From Office). I also do not believe that either of them are now or ever have been licensed to practice in the state of Kansas. That would not eliminate them from serving as corroborating or dissenting expert witnesses, but at this point there is no reason at all to assume there is or will be any question regarding the results of the exams and tests being performed.

JMO
I’m missing something. How was anyone disparaged. Maybe I skipped a page. Tox reports are often sent to one or two labs in the country. In order to be a Coroner you have to be highly qualified, respected and trained. Coroner findings are scrutinized by everyone in a criminal trial. And they are not often disproved. I hope you weren’t thinking I would ever disparage a Coroner I don’t know. If I did I deeply deeply apologize.

I’m waiting for the autopsy personally.

Although I can give you some responses to what the policies and procedures wer decades ago, I’m going to very politely pass. It’s not my intent to make anyone uncomfortable and to just remember Lucas as he was, and not what his remains had become. The Coroner made it his career and to be honest it will all be shared at trial.

Perhaps not though if nothing is found or if EG pleads. But there are thousands of miles to walk before that river must be crossed.

Are you guys all ready for all the details to come out, and all the lies to follow? As NG says, Bombshell! It should all get very interesting in the coming days and weeks, and I can't wait for her trial. This will be the first case I've followed after a missing person has been found, and the first I've followed through trial. EG is a poor excuse for a human being, and no punishment will be too harsh for that woman. She's a horrible, horrible person! I want to watch her life crumble before her very own eyes.

Uh oh! Has it been released yet? Does she talk over everyone like usual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli