Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #25 Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Zofran/Ondansetron and our eternally recurring preponderance of thoughts on whether it affected Lucas if EG indeed dosed him up with it as she'd claimed.

This medicine appears to be a normal, nonthreatening medication in an uneventful everyday life.
Not being neglectful child abusers with a charge suffering the ill effects of our starving & constant beatings, our personal use is no longer applicable to the situation at hand here. How many of us are into poring over the pharmacy orders included with our prescriptions? Only me? (I do a lot of medical advocacy and am taxed with observing minutiae such as interaction advisory issues- staff are often hardheaded about another's delicate health & needs).

It's 100% confirmed that Lucas was NOT healthy in 2018 and his deterioration was very clear, even through the most remote information which was revealed. Imagine how much more obvious to anyone whom he'd have been around.
Growing child, rapidly losing weight (by 1/3 of his total estimate), with troubling marks indicating being punched and kicked by an adult (as noted by the school nurse).
Deliberately avoiding speculation of what his injuries may have included (diapers???), as I invoke the almighty internet oracle Drugs & Medications :

-The dosage for children may also be based on age and weight. The usual maximum dose in patients with severe liver problems is 8 milligrams in 24 hours. Take this medication exactly as directed. Do not take more medication or take it more often than prescribed.

-Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: irregular heartbeat, liver disease, stomach/intestinal problems (e.g., recent abdominal surgery, ileus, swelling).

-Low levels of potassium or magnesium in the blood may also increase your risk of QT prolongation. This risk may increase if you use certain drugs (such as diuretics/"water pills") or if you have conditions such as severe sweating, diarrhea, or vomiting. Talk to your doctor about using ondansetron safely.

-Tell your doctor right away if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: stomach pain, muscle spasm/stiffness, vision changes (e.g., temporary loss of vision, blurred vision).

-A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is unlikely, but stop taking this medication and seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction include: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.

-This drug should not be used with the following medication because a very serious interaction may occur: apomorphine.

-Before using this medication, tell your doctor of all nonprescription and prescription medication you may use, especially of: tramadol.

-Many drugs besides ondansetron may affect the heart rhythm (QT prolongation), including dofetilide, pimozide, procainamide, amiodarone, quinidine, sotalol, macrolide antibiotics (such as erythromycin), among others.

-Get medical help right away if you develop some of the following symptoms: fast heartbeat, hallucinations, loss of coordination, severe dizziness, severe nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, twitching muscles, unexplained fever, unusual agitation/restlessness.

-This medication may increase serotonin and rarely cause a very serious condition called serotonin syndrome/toxicity. The risk increases if you are also taking other drugs that increase serotonin, so tell your doctor or pharmacist of all the drugs you take (see Drug Interactions section).

-The risk of serotonin syndrome/toxicity increases if you are also taking other drugs that increase serotonin. Examples include street drugs such as MDMA/"ecstasy," St. John's wort, certain antidepressants (including SSRIs such as fluoxetine/paroxetine, SNRIs such as duloxetine/venlafaxine), among others. The risk of serotonin syndrome/toxicity may be more likely when you start or increase the dose of these drugs

-This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

If EG can prove that she'd obtained a legitimate script for this either for herself or for Lucas, it doesn't look likely that she'd use it responsibly based on the first paragraphs covered in this post (surmised of SO MANY articles about EG's irresponsible, endangering habits toward children).

Furthermore, if EG is indeed bipolar as her family court case has indicated... I WOULDN'T TRUST HER ON ZOFRAN TO CARE FOR ANYTHING- CUP, CARPET OR CHILD. NOTHING.
Seratonin sickness is TERRIFYING to be around, and in a person with mood disorder issues? HELL. THE. EFF. NO.

(Fun Fact: my Kaiser doctor 'recently' prescribed both Tramadol AND Zofran immediately after a car accident that resulted in broken ribs. Brilliant)

Last edited:
Regarding Zofran/Ondansetron and our eternally recurring preponderance of thoughts on whether it affected Lucas if EG indeed dosed him up with it as she'd claimed.

This medicine appears to be a normal, nonthreatening medication in an uneventful everyday life.
Not being neglectful child abusers with a charge suffering the ill effects of our starving & constant beatings, our personal use is no longer applicable to the situation at hand here. How many of us are into poring over the pharmacy orders included with our prescriptions? Only me? (I do a lot of medical advocacy and am taxed with observing minutiae such as interaction advisory issues- staff are often hardheaded about another's delicate health & needs).

It's 100% confirmed that Lucas was NOT healthy in 2018 and his deterioration was very clear, even through the most remote information which was revealed. Imagine how much more obvious to anyone whom he'd have been around.
Growing child, rapidly losing weight (by 1/3 of his total estimate), with troubling marks indicating being punched and kicked by an adult (as noted by the school nurse).
Deliberately avoiding speculation of what his injuries may have included, as I invoke the almighty internet oracle Drugs & Medications :

-The dosage for children may also be based on age and weight. The usual maximum dose in patients with severe liver problems is 8 milligrams in 24 hours. Take this medication exactly as directed. Do not take more medication or take it more often than prescribed.

-Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: irregular heartbeat, liver disease, stomach/intestinal problems (e.g., recent abdominal surgery, ileus, swelling).

-Low levels of potassium or magnesium in the blood may also increase your risk of QT prolongation. This risk may increase if you use certain drugs (such as diuretics/"water pills") or if you have conditions such as severe sweating, diarrhea, or vomiting. Talk to your doctor about using ondansetron safely.

-Tell your doctor right away if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: stomach pain, muscle spasm/stiffness, vision changes (e.g., temporary loss of vision, blurred vision).

-A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is unlikely, but stop taking this medication and seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction include: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.

-This drug should not be used with the following medication because a very serious interaction may occur: apomorphine.

-Before using this medication, tell your doctor of all nonprescription and prescription medication you may use, especially of: tramadol.

-Many drugs besides ondansetron may affect the heart rhythm (QT prolongation), including dofetilide, pimozide, procainamide, amiodarone, quinidine, sotalol, macrolide antibiotics (such as erythromycin), among others.

-Get medical help right away if you develop some of the following symptoms: fast heartbeat, hallucinations, loss of coordination, severe dizziness, severe nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, twitching muscles, unexplained fever, unusual agitation/restlessness.

-This medication may increase serotonin and rarely cause a very serious condition called serotonin syndrome/toxicity. The risk increases if you are also taking other drugs that increase serotonin, so tell your doctor or pharmacist of all the drugs you take (see Drug Interactions section).

-The risk of serotonin syndrome/toxicity increases if you are also taking other drugs that increase serotonin. Examples include street drugs such as MDMA/"ecstasy," St. John's wort, certain antidepressants (including SSRIs such as fluoxetine/paroxetine, SNRIs such as duloxetine/venlafaxine), among others. The risk of serotonin syndrome/toxicity may be more likely when you start or increase the dose of these drugs

-This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

If EG can prove that she'd obtained a legitimate script for this either for herself or for Lucas, it doesn't look likely that she'd use it responsibly based on the first paragraph covered in this post (surmised of SO MANY articles about EG's irresponsible, endangering habits toward children).

Furthermore, if EG is indeed bipolar as her family court case has indicated... I WOULDN'T TRUST HER ON ZOFRAN TO CARE FOR ANYTHING- CUP, CARPET OR CHILD. NOTHING.
Seratonin sickness is TERRIFYING to be around, and in a person with mood disorder issues? HELL. THE. EFF. NO.

(Fun Fact: my Kaiser doctor 'recently' prescribed both Tramadol AND Zofran immediately after a car accident that resulted in broken ribs. Brilliant)
(Very informative post. And no, you’re not the only one- I read every page of the print out that comes with the meds, the patient insert and usually check several trusted online resources as well for side effect and contra-indications. My son developed the neuro-toxicity that can come with use of Risperdal, after being on it with no problem for several years, suddenly and horribly. If I hadn’t read up on it I might not have known what was happening with him)

(Very informative post. And no, you’re not the only one- I read every page of the print out that comes with the meds, the patient insert and usually check several trusted online resources as well for side effect and contra-indications. My son developed the neuro-toxicity that can come with use of Risperdal, after being on it with no problem for several years, suddenly and horribly. If I hadn’t read up on it I might not have known what was happening with him)

Enjoying the offhand reminder "If someone has overdosed and has serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, call 911. Otherwise, call a poison control center right away. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center."

For those who feel EG may end up with representation attempting to argue about the last damnable excuse she threw out about Lucas, 'Found him dead in bed Saturday Morning' (to DW).

Sorry, multibillionaire pharmaceutical companies way ahead of that excuse... unlike some, they're used to dotting their I's and crossing their T's- 'Call 911 or poison control, stupid'... not 'Hide The Hurt Patient Under A Small Bridge'.

Oh my ...this got the tears flowing again. I try to get on here to catch up but end up having to log out for awhile..it is too emotional at times.
Carry on all of you wonderful people here for Lucas !!
I will pop in later.

Due to Scarlet's post about COD pending release in the last page, not sure any of us will be able to hold it together.
Bracing for this, the many stages of grief, and taking notes s I know what I've felt is literally nothing to what his family is going through.

Nothing new in the 10am briefing
We're kinda sitting on the edge of our seats here with no news even about an arraignment. What could be happening? I read somewhere they can request a continuance on an arraignment. Maybe they did that while they are putting together added charges? If the COD is in already then I would think it's not from a toxicology report as that takes longer.

Ummm call me crazy but was she already arraigned? She was arrested Thursday night. Bond has been set. And there’s this-
2014 Kansas Statutes :: Chapter 22 CRIMINAL PROCEDURE :: Article 32 PROCEEDINGS BEFORE TRIAL :: 22-3206 Time of arraignment.
Not sure about Kansas and I’m not great at Leagalise, but my ex husband chose to wave his arraignment when he raped our daughter. I wanted to see him in his jailhouse stripes and chains and was very disappointed.
Perhaps one of the more legally adept, or able to read these documents can explain? Thanks for posting them! I love the new format in the forum and that it allows the document to pop up over the messages and “x” back out without having to go back to another web tab (on iPhone, anyhow!).

There is often a 'preliminary Tox report' which comes pretty quickly. Then the final Tox report, which can take 6 months or more. So maybe the preliminary report is in, as reported?

Wonder why it takes so long when if you go to ER for something, they can find all kinds of stuff in your blood in less than 2hrs. Is there something that happens in marrow that makes it different?
Any ME folks here?

Nothing new in the 10am briefing
One time during hers and JH's domestic violence episodes, she had an axe handle in her hand (I'm afraid to ask what happened to the actual axe).

I've wondered myself if she hit Lucas really hard over the head or face area with a heavy object, possibly crushing his facial bones or skull. (sorry for typing this, but with the COD already known, it has to be something like this, right?) If that is the case, I pray that it was instant for him, even better if he didn't see it coming. This poor child, I just can't imagine all that he endured under her care, especially when JH wasn't home. Ugh.....

Due to Scarlet's post about COD pending release in the last page, not sure any of us will be able to hold it together.
Bracing for this, the many stages of grief, and taking notes s I know what I've felt is literally nothing to what his family is going through.

I don't think we know if the ME was able to determine COD. Scarlett stated that the autopsy results were going to be presented to the DA. That doesn't mean they definitely know COD yet. Even if they do, I highly doubt they will release the COD to the public now. I think we might be told the MOD (homicide), but that's it, IMO.

Wonder why it takes so long when if you go to ER for something, they can find all kinds of stuff in your blood in less than 2hrs. Is there something that happens in marrow that makes it different?
Any ME folks here?

It depends on if you know what you are looking for. If you get a negative result, you will move onto another suspected drug and it continues on until possibilities are exhausted. Also, if I am remembering things correctly, they will most likely run tests from vitreous fluid.

Postmortem Vitreous Analyses

Postmortem Vitreous Analyses: Overview, Vitreous Procurement and Pretreatment, Performable Postmortem Vitreous Analyses

I am surprised here..all along I believed Lucas lived with his uncle on Jonathons side.. I was not aware he was in foster care. With regard to EG taking the system, was she in fact able to make medical decisions for Lucas, legally? Hmmm. I'm behind here I think. (But I have been following since day one.). Time for me to re-read the early threads!
A child can be placed in the home of a family member while still living as being in custody of the state. It’s called a “kinship placement” and while the child is with the family member, they are provided Medicaid and possibly other stipends. Typically those do end when the child is placed back in the home of parents unless it’s deemed appropriate to keep them on Medicaid for further reasons.
I know this from adopting my cousin who was in the foster system. We fostered her for 3yrs before finalizing the adoption. I learned a lot about the DCFS system (among which they are completely incompetent 96% of the time ).

Any ME folks here?

This is just an opinion, but I think there are somewhat different things that are looked for in a quick blood test in the ER versus a toxicology test for an autopsy. Also, there is a sense of urgency with an acutely ill, but alive, patient in the ER who needs helps versus a deceased person who is beyond medical help. I think the lab will rush the results in this case, but not in the way an ER doctor would need to rush results to save someone's life.

I couldn’t find it anywhere. Curious. Can’t sleep so here I am. I’ve been thinking of all the evil people in this world. For kids I wish they could Recognize evil by a red tattoo inked across the monsters face. Or their hair dried a putrid color. But there is no easy way to id someone who intends to harm.

This is the first case I’ve read in a very long time. I was the only one in the office who could handle them. No one else wanted to read Rarely was there s good outcome for anyone. At times the State had lost track of a child, some were deceased, and some needed help. I had to fight the Department during some, the parents in a few and muddle through a court system seriously overloaded and understaffed.

These are not disposable children and they deserve so much more love and attention than what they have experienced

I’m sending Tricia a request to discuss a group that might be forming in WICHITA to Lobby to change DCF Responsibilities, statutes and procedures. Anyone out there interested befor another child dies atthe hands of a person they trusted. A person who should have protected them.

I’m so glad you are here! I agree whole heartedly! Pls pm me when you get this group set up so i can come to it! I may miss it in the threads!
May i ask, I know you were in the legal profession of some sort - where you an attorney?

I don't think we know if the ME was able to determine COD. Scarlett stated that the autopsy results were going to be presented to the DA. That doesn't mean they definitely know COD yet. Even if they do, I highly doubt they will release the COD to the public now. I think we might be told the MOD (homicide), but that's it, IMO.
Even that would give us something to go on, rather than the "he died in his sleep" story. Plus if they label this a homicide then we know there is evidence that points to someones deeds. EG has never disputed that she was the last one to see him alive. She has said he wasn't there when she woke up from a nap, and then changes her story to he died in his sleep. It's apparent she was last one to have seen him also because she took the PI to his body. Plus imo who needs to hide a body unless they need to hide a body because they have fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerardclori