Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTE

A few TOS reminders:

Please do not reference FB pages or people on those FB pages here. Leave the FB drama on FB or take it to a private "conversation" off the open forum.

Do not attempt to moderate the thread yourselves or tell others how or what to post or not post. If you think a post violates TOS, please alert on it and let the moderators handle it.

This post falls at random.

Many are questioning how Lucas Hernandez ended up under a bridge in Harvey County. Police say his body was so decomposed, it was unrecognizable.

Now, people are waiting to see how the 5 year old died, but experts say those results may not be easy to find.

Victor Weedn is a forensic pathologist and professor at George Washington University.

"Bodies decompose variously, they don't always decompose in a linear fashion. Some bodies are surprisingly intact over a long period of time and others decompose quite rapidly," said Weedn.

He says the elements can have a big impact on determining a cause of death, but the report could still give valuable information.

"It does obscure many findings, it makes the exam difficult and render it not so valuable."

Without knowing a cause of death now, experts say most drugs can be revealed by toxicology and injuries can still be evident, including gun shot wounds or stab wounds, even up to years later.

"Such as beatings and those types of things, we would often see evidence of contusions or abrasions despite some decomposition, but if the skin is gone because of the decomposition, then you wont see it."

Weedn says being under water can speed up or slow down decomposition. Animals can also change the condition of the body over time.

"Everyone wants to find the cause of death when you have a body. Most likely the best place to find an answer to that is with an autopsy, but it doesn't always give you the answer," said Weedn.
Forensic pathologist: 'Everyone wants to find the cause of death when you have a body'

yes. My friend was introduced to it while working on film sets as prop man---thought he needed the 'energy' to keep up with long hours and running around to pick up and return props and set up locations, etc. And it was rampant among the crew...
And the powers that be allow it, almost encourage it. Work harder, work longer. It makes the supervisors look good and it climbs uphill. Bottom line: Greed and Power.

Would JH not be drug tested as part of his job? I don't know if he uses Meth or not, but I would have thought he would be subject to drug testing. I don't think he didn't know she used though. One thing that did hit me though, she talked to him about smoking a couple of bowls. We all assumed it was marijuana in the bowl but meth can be smoked in bowls too.

If not he will Be after this is over. And yes they are supposed to. I remember my son, a superintendent in Alaska North Slope despondent the day 8 of his best crew failed drug tests. They were fired and on the next flight out.

I’m just glad your here, my friend. You’re a sharp one.
Thanks I enjoy your posts loads. Just going to expand on testing cause it’s still being discussed. This is Aus Info only but something to think about. I have many friends on mine sites. The testing works like this - every single morning they line up and are breath tested along a line for alcohol first, plus each person picks out a coloured ball from a barrel they can’t see in - if you get a certain colour you are fully tested for everything if not you walk on through. Basically you never know if it’s your day. Add to that the people you work with do not want someone high near them, unless they too are high. Nearly all the hard drugs are out of system quite quick I think maybe 12-20 hrs. (Not exact sure on this) Except weed which takes longer way longer like a week or something. It’s a big debate here as someone who smokes a joint the night before work is in way better shape then someone who has been on the pipe of hell.

Many are questioning how Lucas Hernandez ended up under a bridge in Harvey County. Police say his body was so decomposed, it was unrecognizable.

Now, people are waiting to see how the 5 year old died, but experts say those results may not be easy to find.

Victor Weedn is a forensic pathologist and professor at George Washington University.

"Bodies decompose variously, they don't always decompose in a linear fashion. Some bodies are surprisingly intact over a long period of time and others decompose quite rapidly," said Weedn.

He says the elements can have a big impact on determining a cause of death, but the report could still give valuable information.

"It does obscure many findings, it makes the exam difficult and render it not so valuable."

Without knowing a cause of death now, experts say most drugs can be revealed by toxicology and injuries can still be evident, including gun shot wounds or stab wounds, even up to years later.

"Such as beatings and those types of things, we would often see evidence of contusions or abrasions despite some decomposition, but if the skin is gone because of the decomposition, then you wont see it."

Weedn says being under water can speed up or slow down decomposition. Animals can also change the condition of the body over time.

"Everyone wants to find the cause of death when you have a body. Most likely the best place to find an answer to that is with an autopsy, but it doesn't always give you the answer," said Weedn.
Forensic pathologist: 'Everyone wants to find the cause of death when you have a body'

I pary to God Lucas was found in time for him to be able to tell his story. I cannot tell you how heartbroken I will be if not.

I agree. I suspect EG told JH she was pregnant in order to keep him sympathetic to her and on her side. IF she was pregnant at all, she may have aborted the pregnancy as soon as she got out of jail and then claimed to JH she was having a miscarriage-- that would lead to MORE sympathy/attention from JH and keep him under her thumb longer. IIRC, the info about EG being pregnant came to us through who had gotten the info from JH. But if it was all a mind game EG was playing on JH, then the pregnancy could be a complete lie or she may have used for sympathy from the beginning. JMO.

Not caught up, so I don't know if this has been said yet...

Emily being pregnant didn't come from Jonathan.

Thanks I enjoy your posts loads. Just going to expand on testing cause it’s still being discussed. This is Aus Info only but something to think about. I have many friends on mine sites. The testing works like this - every single morning they line up and are breath tested along a line for alcohol first, plus each person picks out a coloured ball from a barrel they can’t see in - if you get a certain colour you are fully tested for everything if not you walk on through. Basically you never know if it’s your day. Add to that the people you work with do not want someone high near them, unless they too are high. Nearly all the hard drugs are out of system quite quick I think maybe 12-20 hrs. (Not exact sure on this) Except weed which takes longer way longer like a week or something. It’s a big debate here as someone who smokes a joint the night before work is in way better shape then someone who has been on the pipe of hell.
How interesting. I’ve never heard of that testing method. My doctors that were under Board Disciplinary Actions either we’re mandated to enter recovery centers, or under an every three day required urine test plus random. Most of the time they failed because of alcohol or testosterone, go figure.

Since Emily Glass' release from the Sedgwick County Jail, some have taken to social media to make threats toward her.

Despite the threats, police say they are not providing any kind of added security nor monitoring for Glass. Eyewitness News received the same answer from the Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff's deputies were there when Glass was released from jail Wednesday, but now that she's out, she's on her own in terms of protection, the sheriff's office says.

Eyewitness News Personal Protection Expert Joe Schillaci says he understands the outpouring of emotion associated with Lucas' disappearance and death, but making threats toward Glass won't help police.

"Now instead of focusing in on developing this case, developing a very strong case for the future, there are distractions," he says.

He says the best thing to do is to be patient and let investigators do their jobs.

"I have to trust law enforcement to do what's right in this situation, and they are and they will," Schillaci says.

"it's unclear where Glass is staying now that she's out of jail.
FactFinder 12 looks into security measures for Emily Glass

This is all I can add for now:

A: I’m caught up
B: JH told the PI that EG is an open book and she would not be found guilty....
C: I’m going to not say anything else about JH because I really like it here.
D: JUSTICE FOR LUCAS!!!!!!!

I am not sure if this has been mentioned so I will just post a brief reply regarding the basic reasoning most likely relating to this....as soon as ANY charge is filed, EG will either hire or be appointed an attorney. That attorney can then do a number of things: 1 is to move for a speedy trial as is their right to do so, the other and far more detrimental thing is that as soon as ANY charge is filed the discovery process begins and the attorney would rightfully demand access to all information that LE has regarding the case. At this point, it is in the best interest of LE to keep that information protected as they wait for the final autopsy and lab results, and allow the coroner's office to consult experts in various fields as needed for further opinions. The law regarding only holding a person in custody for 48 to 72 hours before charges does not allow the kind of time needed for modern detailed forensic examinations to be completed. Just because charges were chosen not to be filed NOW certainly means nothing about them being filed in the near future.

IMO

Oh I hope so! I felt so much better with her behind bars, but I understand the need for them to line their ducks up in a neat neat row. It's hard to stomach her being free at the moment. But even if she walks eventually, she's probably going to be like CA. CA may be out of jail, but she's not truly free. She is hugely despised, and in the age of internet connectivity, I don't think she'll ever shake it. Still, really hoping for poor little Lucas's sake that EG ends up counting the decades in a cell.

Do you recall seeing a post by @RMT953 last week where she said she'd driven those same roads 100's of times before? I believe she grew up in/around Andover, so perhaps traveling those E-W cut-throughs isn't that unusual?

The thing that stood out to me in Google maps street view is that the N & S boundaries of the bridge are marked by reflective stakes. Some of the first balloons were tied to the SW stake. I imagine KS DOT doesn't want people pulling off the road and into that culvert in the dark. I don't know how visible they are in the daytime in Feb, but the Aug 2007 daylight views clearly show them. Just fwiw for people who've been wondering how she knew the bridge was there!
Hi @whoizzit! I drove those roads often because my ex in laws lived out there. It’s the opposite direction from Andover.

I pary to God Lucas was found in time for him to be able to tell his story. I cannot tell you how heartbroken I will be if not.

Just using your post to bounce off. Do you have laws and sentences in US that still get life for crimes like concealing, abuse of deceased person, tampering with evidence or anything at all. I did some googling and didn’t quite find the answer I was after. Because regardless of her story of lies on top of lies - someone who discards a beautiful human deserves to never see the light of day.

Who is Aliayah? Can you share a link to her first thread? I’d like to go read!
Welcome here to Lucas’ thread and unfortunately I think it’s entirely possible she was starving him. Unfortunately I went through a period of starvation when my child was little because I just didn’t have enough food for both of us to eat, so she ate first. It was so indescribable the pain of extreme hunger, my stomach hurt and growled and I became incredibly exhausted in just a couple of days. My heart breaks for this little guy, to be little and not understand why your tummy aches and why YOU can’t eat but EG and baby sister get to eat. Breaks my heart

I'm sorry you hit those rough times, but you obviously did the right thing for your kiddo and came out stronger on the other end because of it.

I don't know how to post a link, but I'm certain the case referred to is Aliayah Lunsford. If you search WS for it, you'll find it. It'll break your heart. Poor little baby. So many pictures of her looking unhappy and haunted. I find myself reading and following these awful cases I think because I feel like these kids weren't heard during their lives and I need to "listen". It's stomach-ache inducing though. As a mom, it hurts to read. Thanks for giving your all to your own little one!

I remember when I was very young (married to an idiot, btw) and my baby had sensitive skin. She needed to have the most expensive diapers at the store on base (back then it was Huggies Supreme lol). There were a few times I ate PBJ out of a bowl because I had no money for bread (see above - "idiot" husband) but my baby had those brand name diapers so her little bum would be ok!

“Marshburn says he released the tapes to get skeptics away from Lucas’ biological parents Jonathan Hernandez and Jamie Orr”
(More info in the video than the article)
New details emerge from investigator who found Lucas Hernandez

I truly appreciate Mr. Marshburn and I'm so grateful that he brought Lucas home. It's been a rollercoaster the last couple of days with so much information being released. While I do feel genuine anger (at no one in particular... the universe?) about one particular detail now being out there, I've calmed down about the rest. I can't control it so I have to just let it go. I don't agree with it, but I understand what he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi