Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a jury will have no problem believing EG led DM to the body.

It's a defense attorney's job to try to instill reasonable doubt, and there are many levels of this case where that might be a problem, but I don't see much room for doubt with this.

Consider the magnitude of some of the searches and who was involved in those and nothing was found. Even dogs could not find a trace.

A PI comes to town and puts the POI in his truck and off they go to the very road where the bridge is. Confusion over which bridge is pretty much a no-brainer, imo. The area in late spring is not going to look anything like it did mid-winter and it is not unreasonable to expect that the POI might have to think twice about the exact location at this point.

I hope, however, that if the PI speaking out so much now after the fact is going to be a potential problem if the case goes to trial the DA would reach out to him and ask him to cool it.

Last edited:
I truly appreciate Mr. Marshburn and I'm so grateful that he brought Lucas home. It's been a rollercoaster the last couple of days with so much information being released. While I do feel genuine anger (at no one in particular... the universe?) about one particular detail now being out there, I've calmed down about the rest. I can't control it so I have to just let it go. I don't agree with it, but I understand what he's doing.
Thank you and your family for your generosity and grace B. It’s inspring.

ETA also inspiring. Lol. I should not text while working.

Last edited:
So, I just did a bunch of googling. It looks like Nancy Grace doesn’t have transcripts of her podcasts. Apparently I was thinking of her show transcripts that used to come out the day after. I’m bummed out ☹️

I guess I’ll borrow my sons Bluetooth headphones and see if I can make sense of what was said.

Many are questioning how Lucas Hernandez ended up under a bridge in Harvey County. Police say his body was so decomposed, it was unrecognizable.

Now, people are waiting to see how the 5 year old died, but experts say those results may not be easy to find.

Victor Weedn is a forensic pathologist and professor at George Washington University.

"Bodies decompose variously, they don't always decompose in a linear fashion. Some bodies are surprisingly intact over a long period of time and others decompose quite rapidly," said Weedn.

He says the elements can have a big impact on determining a cause of death, but the report could still give valuable information.

"It does obscure many findings, it makes the exam difficult and render it not so valuable."

Without knowing a cause of death now, experts say most drugs can be revealed by toxicology and injuries can still be evident, including gun shot wounds or stab wounds, even up to years later.

"Such as beatings and those types of things, we would often see evidence of contusions or abrasions despite some decomposition, but if the skin is gone because of the decomposition, then you wont see it."

Weedn says being under water can speed up or slow down decomposition. Animals can also change the condition of the body over time.

"Everyone wants to find the cause of death when you have a body. Most likely the best place to find an answer to that is with an autopsy, but it doesn't always give you the answer," said Weedn.
Forensic pathologist: 'Everyone wants to find the cause of death when you have a body'
My understanding from both of the PI interviews on NG is that he had skin he was mummified which dries the skin and makes it leathery so hopefully that means we can see bruises and cuts to some degree.

I truly appreciate Mr. Marshburn and I'm so grateful that he brought Lucas home. It's been a rollercoaster the last couple of days with so much information being released. While I do feel genuine anger (at no one in particular... the universe?) about one particular detail now being out there, I've calmed down about the rest. I can't control it so I have to just let it go. I don't agree with it, but I understand what he's doing.

We are here for you, @FindLucasAllen. Thank you for sticking with us.

While I see your point perfectly, my counterpoint is this. A lot of members are saying she got money for drugs without having a job but, JH had a very good paying job and I am sure she had access to his account in order to run the household (even a poorly run household requires money to operate) however I think once she was released from jail the first time her sugar daddy fund had dried up. Abortions aren’t free here and it takes time to get an appointment for the initial consult, then meet state the requirements and then get the appointment for the procedure not to mention come up with the funds. And they also aren’t done on credit. Steelslady made a point that perhaps ‘if’ she had an abortion it may have been a, paraphrasing here, black market type. Frankly I am pretty naive about that and had no idea back alley coat hanger stuff was even a thing in this day of safe and legal procedures so I suppose if that’s the case we would never know. It’s all just conjecture on everyone’s part and not really directly related to how and when Lucas was murdered anyway so imo.

Do we know his job paid well? We know he did something in the oil field. Some pay well, but some are more modest, especially for a family of 4. (I have a friend who's hubby does the 3 weeks away, 1 week home for $60k a year, I suppose with Kansas' rent that is do-able, but they aren't going to have a ton left over)

Yes,some construction workers as well. A friend of mine was introduced to it on a jobsite,to keep up with the long hours and working seven days a week.His addiction lasted 30 years,it destroyed his life. He's finally off the stuff and has been clean for 6 years.
@losangeles24 I have to 100% agree as I have 50+ construction guys on the road at the moment all over the US. A current project that is taking place in LA has a little drug issue and being sold out of the tool room at a huge plant. Meth, cocaine, pills and marijuana are readily available for those that want them. A lot of these jobs are 7 days a week with 12 hour shifts and those that choose to travel most of the time consistently have these hours. In the world that we live in with synthetic urine and everything else you can get online it’s very possible to have a negative drug screen unless there is an observer in the room. I deal with this very issue daily. If JH did use there are for sure ways around it.

When the father of her sons called her that day, she told him that police with dogs were on the way to look for Lucas, and she agreed to reschedule her parenting time that had been set for the next day, the affidavit says.

On Feb. 21, the father found out that Glass had been arrested and jailed on suspicion of child endangerment.

By the time he filed the affidavit on Feb. 26, there had been “numerous news stories” about “family members who have had concerns of possible child abuse” in Glass’ home and “numerous reports made to authorities, which were unknown to me.” The father cited news stories about police being called to Glass’ home “multiple times” and about her being found guilty of disorderly conduct, “which also was unknown to me.”

“I am afraid for the safety and welfare of our children as I don’t know what is going on with (Glass’) criminal charges on child endangerment, how long she will be in jail or the full details as to why she is there now,” the father’s affidavit says.

“I am afraid that our children’s physical, mental and emotional health and welfare could be endangered at this time due to (Glass’) circumstances and the disappearance of Lucas.”

He said he was “concerned that (Glass) has not been forthcoming with me regarding her situation.”

He said he worried that her “situation could be traumatic for the boys to deal with. I have worked to shelter them so that they do not know their mother is in jail nor the full circumstances surrounding it. … I don’t know what (her) living arrangements will be when she is released from jail … .”

The affidavit ends with the father saying that she should have no contact with their sons.
Why a dad wanted a judge to keep two sons away from stepmom of missing Lucas

I know this is old but I hadn’t read it before.

I'm listening to the pod-cast form today and I just want to say there is one thing we should keep in mind which I'm sure all of us already do and I'll sound like an idiot for even saying this. When David is asking her what happened to Lucas he was asking "did this happen" or "did this happen" like giving her options of things. Emily could have went off that and just chose from his multiple choice of answers for whatever suited her.

Was she supposedly pregnant when she admits to doing METH?
cloud-smiley.gif
Unfortunately, even well meaning people can't stop that nasty drug when they're pregnant. I don't picture her as someone who cared either way, but there are people who would give anything to shake that addiction and just can't. It must be something else...I can't imagine

Why did the DA make the statement that EG would not be charged in Lucas’s death but fail to mention that EG was going to be released from jail? Did he just not want to take questions about the matter? It seems to me like he should have mentioned that minor detail when he made the announcement rather than letting everyone find out a few hours later from various news sources.....JMO

So did LE explain to JO before EG release, what was happening and why? She seems very confident with WPD so I’m hoping it’s because they are communicating well with her. Also any idea is EG is still with JH?
Bethany, I don’t know how you do it, but I imagine you just have to do it so you do. My prayers include you and your family every night. I pray with my husband in agreement that you find peace that surpasses all understanding thank you for all you do here with us, we all appreciate you!

I pary to God Lucas was found in time for him to be able to tell his story. I cannot tell you how heartbroken I will be if not.
I am with you Pink!! And I don't live close nor even had boots to the ground...I admire so many of you!! Feeling kind of down and low,esp with all the discussion on how the defense will have so much to work with. All I can say is that EG will have her day of judgement whether now or later..so don't get too comfortable dearie

Not sure if anyone caught onto it but I did. It seems like they may already know the cause of death with Lucas. In the podcast they were talking about medical records and without being asked at around 34:50 PB(Kim) says "I won't get into the autopsy yet but it will be interesting to see what comes out of that." I'm wondering if family knows what happened to him but nothing is being released because of LE waiting on the toxicology reports to see if that tells them anything too. This along with Jamie's statement makes it seem like they know the cause. Does anyone else get that feeling?

When the father of her sons called her that day, she told him that police with dogs were on the way to look for Lucas, and she agreed to reschedule her parenting time that had been set for the next day, the affidavit says.

On Feb. 21, the father found out that Glass had been arrested and jailed on suspicion of child endangerment.

By the time he filed the affidavit on Feb. 26, there had been “numerous news stories” about “family members who have had concerns of possible child abuse” in Glass’ home and “numerous reports made to authorities, which were unknown to me.” The father cited news stories about police being called to Glass’ home “multiple times” and about her being found guilty of disorderly conduct, “which also was unknown to me.”

“I am afraid for the safety and welfare of our children as I don’t know what is going on with (Glass’) criminal charges on child endangerment, how long she will be in jail or the full details as to why she is there now,” the father’s affidavit says.

“I am afraid that our children’s physical, mental and emotional health and welfare could be endangered at this time due to (Glass’) circumstances and the disappearance of Lucas.”

He said he was “concerned that (Glass) has not been forthcoming with me regarding her situation.”

He said he worried that her “situation could be traumatic for the boys to deal with. I have worked to shelter them so that they do not know their mother is in jail nor the full circumstances surrounding it. … I don’t know what (her) living arrangements will be when she is released from jail … .”

The affidavit ends with the father saying that she should have no contact with their sons.
Why a dad wanted a judge to keep two sons away from stepmom of missing Lucas

I know this is old but I hadn’t read it before.
Thanks for this, I hadn’t read that and there was extra bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper