Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I said earlier in this thread, we're probably looking at late July early August. A lot can happen between now and then.
Do we know yet if the family has sweet Lucas yet??? I just think it would help the family to be able to say their good-byes soon. They have waited so long for this sweet child to come home. I am not asking this in order to learn about a memorial service. I would think that the ME took what she/he needed and then sent it off to labs. Hugs to FLA and family!

BBM.
I can just picture the convo:
jh - I like abc
eg - omg, me too!
jh - I really, really like xyz
eg - get out, you are reading my mind!
jh - I have a passion for lmnop
eg - were we separated at birth? or are we just soulmates?
LMAO. I'm not sure if they're smoking too many bowls in this conversation or if you might have hit the maryjane a wee too much.

I'm so curious about this too. I have no valuable knowledge on the subject, but my take is that it'd have to be something very bathroom-specific. Like a trace of a chemical that would typically be found in bathroom cleaners or a physical injury consistent with the shape of a faucet or maybe a bathroom towel or washcloth was found with him. All IMO and just speculation.
Already mentioned - injuries matching and/or parts from shower head, tile, grout, toilet or something leading them to the drains or medicine cabinet or the ceiling.

A few threads back, someone wondered if he was wrapped in a shower curtain -- if so, that was obviously withheld

Checked my bathroom -- small stepstool, wastebasket, plunger, hair & beauty products (cylindrical containers), toothpaste & toothbrushes

What might be on, in, or near the body that indicates these items? Fluid in the lungs; shaped injuries lining up with certain fixtures; fragments remaining (ceramic, porcelain, plastic, wood, copper or PVC)

Hernandez autopsy could take 'several weeks'

An email from a Sedgwick County spokesperson to KSN news today confirmed the autopsy is pending, but added, it "can take up to 90 days to be completed. It will be several weeks yet."
Which makes me also lean toward the supposed search of the bathroom being possibly incorrect. I don't think NG's source was reliable.

Agreed! And considering they'd only lived in the house for a brief period of time, it seems all the more likely that what LE was looking for would be something commonly found in most bathrooms. I feel like we'll find out and smack our heads for not thinking of it sooner.
Maybe a carpet fiber from looking back at bathroom photos. LH may have had a strand on him? Just a thought

Even if the driver didn't intentionally hit CR, it doesn't mean CR wasn't lured into the road one way or another by someone hoping to make him look guilty. He was known to frequent the area, and someone knew his weak spots -- constant hunger, possibly needing medication, possibly running from something or trying to get somewhere, possibly addiction. I do not know CR and not saying anything about him--just entertaining a possibility.

We don't know the exact address. What is the exact address of the incident?
I have read the 5500 block from KAKE and the 5200 block from KWCH -- so Kellogg/Oliver or Kellogg/Edgemoor. Close enough proximity either way, but The Wichita Eagle states CR was "attempting to cross at Kellogg and Oliver." The exact address can tell us if it was on the access road above or the actual highway underneath. But why try to cross on the highway below when following Oliver bridge over Kellogg with stoplights can make the trip MUCH safer?

Even if Magic Mike (btw, @Hatfield, this is the gift that keeps on giving) was not behind the wheel and the name of the driver was pure coincidence, my gut is telling me this death was intentional to some extent. I remember when this happened and immediately thinking it had something to do with Lucas' case--but then told myself I was just caught up in the location. No idea about EG inviting him in.

I won't try to guess CR's state of mind, but I think it's fair to say he may have been manipulated into believing he would be the patsy for Lucas--what is he to do? Who would believe him over...?

If that tactic wasn't employed, there are other ways to convince vulnerable people to engage in risky behavior, such as crossing a highway, if there was a promise of something on the other side.

It sounds crazy. Prove it happened. Prove it was murder.

There's only so far one can boldly go before that ish bites em in the azz. Especially when it isn't the first attempted murder in one's life...

That poor kid had a hard life and didn't deserve what happened, by whom was already an over-his-head repeat offender, and although old as dirt in comparison to all these whippersnappers- EG isn't smart enough to connect the dots how other's peripheral worlds work against her yet. That stack never went away.
Why doesn't anyone notice how she abandoned the backup story ship ASAP when faced with FBI & publicly traceable statements? Almost as though EG initially assumed filing off Lucas would be no different than what she'd done to Scully 'her beloved cat'; 'at a time like this'.
Generalizations exist to distance just as personalization lays claim.

Everyone fussing over keeping initials straight needs to remember we're just warming up.

You know, this bathroom business is just like when we were trying to find something to do with gravel (kudos to margharita on all the awesome articles she found on gravel). It will be something so simple, we'll smack our heads afterwards when Eureka strikes. Just like it did when we finally found out why the gravel was so important after Lucas was found.

Not what belongs in a bathroom.

Because of the dogs, months ago.

Blood in the pipes? Would there be a foul smell?

Oh honey let me not be the one to know...

But, yes. Would. There. Ever.

Last edited:
There's only so far one can boldly go before that ish bites em in the azz. Especially when it isn't the first attempted murder in one's life...

That poor kid had a hard life and didn't deserve what happened, by whom was already an over-his-head repeat offender, and although old as dirt in comparison to all these whippersnappers- EG isn't smart enough to connect the dots how other's peripheral worlds work against her yet. That stack never went away.
Why doesn't anyone notice how she abandoned the backup story ship ASAP when faced with FBI & publicly traceable statements? Almost as though EG initially assumed filing off Lucas would be no different than what she'd done to Scully 'her beloved cat'; 'at a time like this'.

Everyone fussing over keeping initials straight needs to remember we're just warming up.

Woah wait - who attempted mutdered who?

But, yes. Would .There. Ever.
Excellent points -- I vacillate between thinking EG is as dumb & lazy as a rock or crazy stealth like a fox -- which part wins in the end of every single scenario? That's the danger of people like her. They are chameleons, but people from the past who hold grudges just do.not.want.any.part of annnnnnnnnnnnythinnnnnnng close to touching her because it's like willingly jumping into a black hole. No one wants to put themselves through that again under any circumstances--especially if they want to protect their lives. She'll just keep collecting victims because she's a secret-keeper until...

BUT if she didn't orchestrate a hit, could someone be so enamored to do so on her behalf? I'm asking for your thoughts, not proposing.

I kept reading one of your earlier posts about what is left out, left behind and I've been trying...
So, we can ask ourselves what doesn't belong in a bathroom, what was left there.

I'm hitting a wall. I have only my imagination with absolutely nothing else that can be discussed here. These are the times I'm both grateful for and cursing TOS -- I have some thoughts, but I also want to know exactly what you're thinking.

So, are you saying the dogs hit on something in the bathroom in Feb and findingLucas is making that make better sense?

Blood in the pipes? Would there be a foul smell?

But yes. Would. There. Ever.
Woah wait - who attempted mutdered who?

EG 'did Lucas so wrong'.

Every reference, leads to definitive experiences. Rather than owning her part, EG expects others to infer any number of things which are relevant to her local sphere.
From far away it's quite clear what has recently occurred, yet get any closer and then lines become tangled and blurred.

Looking at what led up to this lifestyle and inevitably terrible outcome, I'd have to say that Sedgwick County struggles with the very question you've posed. 'What goes around, comes around'; and it's typical for names to come forward as cases and dues are collected.

I'm hitting a wall. I have only my imagination with absolutely nothing else that can be discussed here. These are the times I'm both grateful for and cursing TOS -- I have some thoughts, but I also want to know exactly what you're thinking.

The epic endless handsitting of what is out in plain sight for those who look, and what will be allowed herein.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members