Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you suppose they released that statement when they did? The timing seemed suspicious to me.
Editing/deleting my comments because I should have read ahead before responding & the question had already been answered. :)

I do think we may be reading too much into the wording of the statement (which is very poorly done, IMHO.) My interpretation is that they're just saying that the law/policy doesn't allow for them to comment or release his file info at this time.

Last edited:
So this actually happened this morning...my daughter went to take her puppy out at 5 am and there were people standing in our driveway. She came running back in screaming. It NEVER occurred to me to go out and ask them if they were "stranded" or "needed help." I locked both of us in my bedroom and called 911. My gut reaction as a mom whose husband is out of town at the moment was to protect my family-not worry about strangers. This makes me wonder if the couple EG says she saw and took the photo of were actually people that had been doing drugs with her and she took a picture of them leaving in case anyone had seen them come in or out. She obviously didn't feel threatened enough to call the police.
Thank you! As a Mom who's husband was out of town for many weeks when they grew up, I totally agree- the last damn thing I'd be worried about is if some stranger(s) was stranded or needed help- my first and only concern would be to protect my children, by doing what you did- lock the doors, call 911, and turn off all the lights I could in the house, just in case they tried to break in. Hubby taught me to shut off the breaker switch that's in our kitchen and we had hiding spots, just in case.

Ask them if they want to come in because it's cold? pppffffffftttttttt! Again, the police can assess what their needs are, while I try to keep my children safe and sound.

This always irked me, especially after she left Lucas home alone to go to OG (according to the first or second timeline- I consider it the second timeline because some of us speculated the first time around that Lucas was missing before the sighting by landlord).

Apparently he was not the black man EG supposedly took a picture of outside their home and sent to JH.
I really don't think it matters anyway at this point as he was cleared, so his DNA/prints is not in question as far as harming Lucas. He was the homeless man she had spend the night however.
I do believe CRs hit and run death is still under investigation.

In earlier photos she did have an oddly short area of hair. Here is just one photo example I was able to find via a quick Google search. It's not the best example but does show it a little bit.

Emily Glass speaks from jail: 'I would never hurt my son'

I'm going to tell you guys something creepy.

Way back when I was transcribing this interview, I had a REALLY hard time watching this.
Not only does this broad look like me from the nose up (only in this video, it's the angle she's looking down at - straight on we look nothing alike), but I have a very similar wonky bit of hair. Sometimes it sticks up, sometimes it's barely noticeable.

I didn't always have it, but when I was about 25 I was in a car accident, and the air bag deploying burned a big ole chunk of my hair off, and it's never grown back right.

Because of this weird similarity, I never considered that it might be CUT.

They just said as there is no finding yet regarding COD, they can’t release any info yet. Is what I read in the article anyway, unless there’s been a new article?
“Because there is no finding so far that he died as a result of abuse or neglect, the state says it can't release information about its past contact with Lucas”
No finding of child abuse means no state records released after Lucas' body is found

ETA- I realize now that may not be what you were referring to. If not I apologize. I’m not awake yet
I thought they meant since there was no finding of abuse the times it was reported in the past, they would not release records.

Way back when I was transcribing this interview, I had a REALLY hard time watching this.
Not only does this broad look like me from the nose up (only in this video, it's the angle she's looking down at - straight on we look nothing alike), but I have a very similar wonky bit of hair. Sometimes it sticks up, sometimes it's barely noticeable.

I didn't always have it, but when I was about 25 I was in a car accident, and the air bag deploying burned a big ole chunk of my hair off, and it's never grown back right.

O/T but I also had hair like this after giving birth for at least a year until it grew out.. That's what I first thought of when I seen her hair like that

I thought they meant since there was no finding of abuse the times it was reported in the past, they would not release records.
According to the new law, if there is a finding that he died due to abuse or neglect they have to release all of their records. Since the results aren’t back yet, they aren’t releasing his records unless and until it comes back with that finding

Which backup story are you referring to being abandoned? It seems more like multiple attempts to throw mud in the hope that some will stick enough to take the heat off her (EG).

One of the first stories EG seems to have thrown out is the one about JO and valentine's day.

By the time of the media interview from jail she seemed to be implying falls that were not her fault and that Lucas' relatives hated her. Plus the two strangers outside smoking.

I can only conjecture that once arrested when they found Lucas' body her mind was still confused by what happened with DM, she might not have realized that DM was playing her, so when she made those desperate calls to JH (and given the timing of her release it's hard to know if those calls were made from the jail or after she got out) she seems to have still been thinking that story she spun to DM had worked, so she continued to spin that one with JH (I woke up and he was dead in his bed! Please don't hate me!)

JO was 'safe' to blame before EG got involved with LE once again. But... this side only came out when she wasn't talking with them.
It's looking a lot like the stories she wove were for a more personal audience; EG's not so certain about pulling the wool over LE's eyes- they know a LOT more about her than she knows they knows- and for a meth head that's a lot of spinning to do.

I never hate anyone here, but avoid many a convo over the direction taken just as I'll lead off in to an area of thought not specifically shown. Hope that's not personal.

Am I the only one aware that if NG is directly in contact with JH he'd have been the type to tell her about this late night LE excursion to 'the residence'?

So many things in my head yet nowhere fitting for those findings.

So this actually happened this morning...my daughter went to take her puppy out at 5 am and there were people standing in our driveway. She came running back in screaming. It NEVER occurred to me to go out and ask them if they were "stranded" or "needed help." I locked both of us in my bedroom and called 911. My gut reaction as a mom whose husband is out of town at the moment was to protect my family-not worry about strangers. This makes me wonder if the couple EG says she saw and took the photo of were actually people that had been doing drugs with her and she took a picture of them leaving in case anyone had seen them come in or out. She obviously didn't feel threatened enough to call the police.
By the way, I meant to say i my above reply to you- great job on how you handled this, and I am so glad you and your daughter are safe!

I have to leave and will not be back until tonight....sigh....however in the past week one of the news articles said EG was staying with an aunt and uncle. Perhaps the parents of the cousin that has been mentioned earlier in the case?

I thought it strange she was no5 with her own parents that is why I remember the sentence.

I will look for the article late tonight. Sorry

It is mentioned in this article that Marshburn met Emily Glass at her aunt's home. He said her demeanor was "cold and callous", she was wearing sunglasses, she kept her arms crossed and only responded to his questions with short answers.

'I did Lucas so wrong': Nancy Grace podcast airs more audio from Emily Glass

I have to leave and will not be back until tonight....sigh....however in the past week one of the news articles said EG was staying with an aunt and uncle. Perhaps the parents of the cousin that has been mentioned earlier in the case?

I thought it strange she was no5 with her own parents that is why I remember the sentence.

I will look for the article late tonight. Sorry
DM said in the recorded tapes that he picked her up from her aunt's. I don't find that strange necessarily; I have a great relationship with my parents, but when I visit them I don't stay at their house either. If she (or I) were a minor, then sure. But especially in her case, she probably doesn't want media and looky-loos outside trying to see what she's doing, so she's somewhere harder to locate.

JO was 'safe' to blame before EG got involved with LE once again. But... this side only came out when she wasn't talking with them.
It's looking a lot like the stories she wove were for a more personal audience; EG's not so certain about pulling the wool over LE's eyes- they know a LOT more about her than she knows they knows- and for a meth head that's a lot of spinning to do.

I never hate anyone here, but avoid many a convo over the direction taken just as I'll lead off in to an area of thought not specifically shown. Hope that's not personal.

Am I the only one aware that if NG is directly in contact with JH he'd have been the type to tell her about this late night LE excursion to 'the residence'?

So many things in my head yet nowhere fitting for those findings.
I don't think JH has been staying at the house. I was/am wondering if it was/is roped off as a crime scene.

Could somebody please be so kind as to bring forward the exact quote re: the homeless man spending the night? Thanks very much in advance.

This may not be exact (I think you would have to listen to the actual interview - link is in the article), but from the article:

He also said she may have tried to pin Lucas' disappearance on a homeless man. Marshburn said Emily invited the man into her home after Lucas disappeared, and the man spent the night. He said police interviewed the man, but he told them he never saw Lucas in the home.

Marshburn said weeks later the man committed suicide. A producer for the podcast said the homeless man was killed in a hit-and-run.

'I did Lucas so wrong': Nancy Grace podcast airs more audio from Emily Glass

I never considered it being cut either. We know from Facebook she colored her hair sometimes, and I doubt she was spending $200 to do it at a salon. Coloring your own hair can be a recipe for lots of breakage that grows back looking crazy like that.

DM said in the recorded tapes that he picked her up from her aunt's. I don't find that strange necessarily; I have a great relationship with my parents, but when I visit them I don't stay at their house either. If she (or I) were a minor, then sure. But especially in her case, she probably doesn't want media and looky-loos outside trying to see what she's doing, so she's somewhere harder to locate.
She's been close with her cousin so this seems like a comfortable place to go. Her mother's residence is known to many, including us, so that wouldn't be safe for her to go to. We don't know where she is now, to my knowledge, but I wouldn't think she would go back to her aunt's once DM let that cat out of the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli