Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask how you all knew so early on that the SM was such a strong suspect? I only saw her fb page, and didn't really see any red flags. But I did take note of Ontario Mom saying something to the effect that you shouldn't be deceived by what people publicly post, so I know I missed something. Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Speaking only for myself and at this point I'm saying much of what others have already said, here's my thought process that made me suspicious of the stepmother:

First thoughts in any missing child case:
1. Who was the last person to see the missing child?
2. How long before reporting him/her missing?
3. What was the "story?"
4. Has the person reached out to msm to plea for his safe return?
5. Any criminal history?

In this case specifically:
1. We learned that the stepmother was alone with Lucas.
2. 911 was called 3 and a quarter hours after he was last seen.
3. The "story" was that stepmom was napping with the children.
4. Later msm reported she also had taken a shower before the nap.
5. Msm and our verified insider reported that relatives suspected abuse and tried to get CPS
involved. Today we learned that there was a criminal history also.

Add the facts as reported to our experiences here with similar cases and a pattern does appear. It's not accurate in all cases but in enough to set off the hinky meters. And as someone pointed out, sleeping/napping shows up a lot - bathing/showering shows up too but not as often.

To me that signals possible "alibi building" and I believe it does for others here too; that's why we all jump on the timeline so quickly.

Also, In some cases (not this case but in others) stories will change over time. Access to the 911 call is invaluable too. Again not in this case but I hope it will be released.

IOW, it's a mix of examining the facts as related by LE and msm combined with experience from other cases and a big dose of gut instinct that develops over time when you follow enough cases.

All MOO.

Taking a shower or sleeping are basically the only two acceptable reasons for why one wouldn't be able to be watching their kids.

I'm older than dirt and have been following missing child cases forever and have found over the years that the "I was sleeping" story has been used and misused so many times I've lost count. And, so many times that very same "sleeping" person was responsible for the child being missing, Just my two cents worth.

IIRC, Noah Thomas's mom was initially charged with child endangerment for leaving her kids alone. Been a long time since I read that, tho, so I could be wrong. I seem to also remember that it was drug related.
I'm not sure she would be in medical due to detox unless it was alcohol or benzo abuse. Even heroin addicts usually have to go cold turkey in a jail cell with just like immodium or something. Or maybe they put her there so they can kinda coddle her so she will be more inclined to cooperate. Just my opinion

Child endangerment is all Noah Thomas' parents were ever charged with. They were never held accountable for his death. I believe both have served their time and are going on with their lives now. No justice for Noah at all.

I’m definitely here for Lucas, thanks.

It says: “Lucas told me several times that (his stepmother) did not like him and that she was mean to him. I talked to (Lucas’ father) with (the stepmother) present and of course she said it was not true,” the letter says.

“We had people in the profession look at those pictures” that were sent to DCF, and they agreed “the bruises were consistent with abuse. I don’t know how you can’t see that,” she said in the letter.

The letter added, “Because (the father) and (stepmother) think that I was the one who turned in a report, I can no longer see Lucas which breaks my heart.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article201392504.html#storylink=cpy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, our VI said that JH denied abuse by EG.

If she wasn't married the boy's dad, she is NOT his stepmom. She's his dad's girlfriend. Period.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't call Lucas blonde, but OMG that is scary! :scared:

How about it and I know he's not blonde but abductors are known to dye hair so you just never know,. I agree its prob not him but wanted to bring this here anyways.

Not that it matters, but I keep seeing that the dad works for an oil rig...I thought he worked for a logging company--as in cutting trees?

How about it and I know he's not blonde but abductors are known to dye hair so you just never know,. I agree its prob not him but wanted to bring this here anyways.

You are right. All they need to do is ask the kids that saw this if the blonde boy had teeth. Lucas' silver teeth should have stood out in their minds. JMO.

I’m so sorry that you were abused. I wish we could stop it from happening to any child.

Do you have links or anything to say that EG was manipulative? It sounds like you’re describing someone with NPD or drug abuse problems. Do you have first hand knowledge of their relationship?

Only from what I gleaned in the 'Help Find Lucas' sites, from various friends and family members. Can't really bring specifics over here,just saying in general, she was known as a manipulative person, according to his friends/family.

Records reveal sometimes violent relationship between stepmom, father of missing boy

The stepmother and father of Lucas Hernandez have had a stormy, sometimes violent relationship, police records show.
Wichita police on Wednesday provided several incident reports about the couple after announcing that the stepmother has been arrested on suspicion of endangering 5-year-old Lucas and another child. Lucas has been missing since Saturday.
The release of the reports followed a record request from The Eagle on Tuesday for incident reports at two addresses where the couple have lived in the past two years.
In one of the domestic violence incidents, stepmother Emily Glass allegedly held a wooden ax handle while the couple argued, one report said. That occurred on April 4, 2016, at an apartment in a complex at 1157 S. Webb. They recently moved to a rental house in the 600 block of South Edgemoor. That’s where Glass reported Lucas missing.

The ax handle in the 2016 incident was taken as evidence.
During the alleged fight involving the ax handle, Lucas’ father, Jonathan Hernandez, suffered a bloody nose and other injuries, one report says. Glass had bruises on the side of her head and accused him of slapping her, a report says. She refused to go with emergency medical personnel.
Officers couldn’t determine the primary aggressor, a report says. Both were booked into jail. Glass was convicted of misdemeanor disorderly conduct, but the same charge against Hernandez was dismissed.

A move in the middle of the month from a place that knew Lucas and would realize he was missing, to a new place, where people did not know of Lucas?
Meanwhile said child is out of school 10 days with strep throat and indeed "goes missing" within a week at new residence...
Something happened on
Valentine's Day, that's my best guess.

IMO-
Has ANYONE outside of she and the dad seen him since his last day at school???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Less than two months before that case, police had gone to the same apartment the couple shared. They had argued, and Hernandez allegedly threatened to “throw all her stuff outside,” one of the police reports says.
Later that year, on Nov. 8, 2016, police went to the apartment on South Webb after a report of a loud disturbance. An officer wrote in a report that he saw injuries on the side of Hernandez’s face where Hernandez said that Glass had slapped him. She admitted to pushing him.
Police noted that a child’s table, possibly a Ninja Turtle table, had been knocked over.

A later report, on Dec. 6, 2017, described an incident in which Glass accused her boyfriend’s “ex” of punching her. Police found no visible injuries.

Glass told police that Hernandez was her live-in boyfriend and that she was supposed to pick up someone – the identifying information is blacked out in the report – at school “but had fallen asleep with Jonathan (Hernandez). They awoke and went to” Beech Elementary School, where Lucas goes to school. The ex was there and was upset, according to the police report.
Hernandez’s ex is Lucas Hernandez’s biological mother, according to other records. Glass told police she didn’t know why the biological mother was there because Jonathan Hernandez had full custody, the report said.

Less than two months before that case, police had gone to the same apartment the couple shared. They had argued, and Hernandez allegedly threatened to “throw all her stuff outside,” one of the police reports says.
Later that year, on Nov. 8, 2016, police went to the apartment on South Webb after a report of a loud disturbance. An officer wrote in a report that he saw injuries on the side of Hernandez’s face where Hernandez said that Glass had slapped him. She admitted to pushing him.
Police noted that a child’s table, possibly a Ninja Turtle table, had been knocked over.

A later report, on Dec. 6, 2017, described an incident in which Glass accused her boyfriend’s “ex” of punching her. Police found no visible injuries.

Glass told police that Hernandez was her live-in boyfriend and that she was supposed to pick up someone – the identifying information is blacked out in the report – at school “but had fallen asleep with Jonathan (Hernandez). They awoke and went to” Beech Elementary School, where Lucas goes to school. The ex was there and was upset, according to the police report.
Hernandez’s ex is Lucas Hernandez’s biological mother, according to other records. Glass told police she didn’t know why the biological mother was there because Jonathan Hernandez had full custody, the report said.
Wow, she "sleeps" a lot.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

She certainly gets her naps in!

May I ask how you all knew so early on that the SM was such a strong suspect? I only saw her fb page, and didn't really see any red flags. But I did take note of Ontario Mom saying something to the effect that you shouldn't be deceived by what people publicly post, so I know I missed something. Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The red flags for me were mostly that she wasn't making any effort at all to post publicly about him being missing. I found her FB page almost immediately and just kept wondering why it was so locked down. Then she joined one of the "find" groups that I also joined. That, along with the 3 hour shower/nap at that time of day with a 1 yr old also... just lead me to the BS category. You know?

Records reveal sometimes violent relationship between stepmom, father of missing boy

The stepmother and father of Lucas Hernandez have had a stormy, sometimes violent relationship, police records show.
Wichita police on Wednesday provided several incident reports about the couple after announcing that the stepmother has been arrested on suspicion of endangering 5-year-old Lucas and another child. Lucas has been missing since Saturday.
The release of the reports followed a record request from The Eagle on Tuesday for incident reports at two addresses where the couple have lived in the past two years.
In one of the domestic violence incidents, stepmother Emily Glass allegedly held a wooden ax handle while the couple argued, one report said. That occurred on April 4, 2016, at an apartment in a complex at 1157 S. Webb. They recently moved to a rental house in the 600 block of South Edgemoor. That’s where Glass reported Lucas missing.

During the alleged fight involving the ax handle, Lucas’ father, Jonathan Hernandez, suffered a bloody nose and other injuries, one report says. Glass had bruises on the side of her head and accused him of slapping her, a report says. She refused to go with emergency medical personnel.
Officers couldn’t determine the primary aggressor, a report says. Both were booked into jail. Glass was convicted of misdemeanor disorderly conduct, but the same charge against Hernandez was dismissed.

Jesus- where were the kids when this was going on?!?!?!?

Yet they continued to let this psycho witch keep the kids, and Jonathan believed her that she was a sweetheart of a Mommy while he was away?

Holy.............If my husband did that to me, he'd be living back with his parents and a fast and furious divorce would be coming with myself demanding full custody of the kids.

I wonder if Lucas was there when this happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stellrcellr