Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost totally agree with this...but there is one part that makes me wonder. In his mind...did he think that providing financial stability came first and everything else came after. It's a difficult thing to be the sole provider and he was that. I just don't know how snowballed he was by the rest of it...the meth...the abuse...did he know or was he blind to it because he was rarely home.

In my mind JH felt he was providing EG financial security and a roof over her head. In return, she would take care of Lucas.
In my mind also, EG had a roof over her head and her boyfriends money coming in. JH was away from home more often than he was there.
Lucas was caught. EG was in control and Dad didn’t know what was happening on the home front.
These are my only thoughts up until now. I’m playing wait and see for a while. JH needs to fill in some of the gaps. IMO.

I’m wondering now if possibly Lucas’ death, and/or his disposal (sorry for that word) occurred on the 14th.
While I theorized that something happened on the 11th/12th around the time estimated in earlier threads for the appearance of the "mystery couple" and the cat drop-off on the 12th, I think LE looked at the possibility Lucas died on the 14th. I think they looked at that date as soon as they discovered JO didn't have Lucas as EG claimed. I wonder if they asked EG what she did on VD -- if she had the boys, she may have told LE she took them to a park. She must have told LE that JO had Lucas, but that story quickly fizzled; now LE associated parks with Lucas -- and the tip about 96/Woodlawn led them directly to the wrong location but to a park. We got bits and pieces, but I would bet LE knew before EG's arrest about the DCF complaint against JH, the VD lie about JO, and no Lucas at Olive Garden on the 16th -- they knew it was earlier than reported and they've been trying to figure out when, IMO.

I think the timeline is tighter now, between the 11th & the 14th. JH injured boy on the 4th and carp was hitting the fan; ex sees she still has Lucas on the 11th and questions her story about kicking JH out. Now, another scheduled visit was coming up for Wed the 14th -- EG could not have Lucas there because she didn't want to deal with her ex asking questions again. EG tells her ex that JH and Lucas are out; EG tells JH and others that Lucas is with JO. She knows she can't do this forever -- Lucas has to go missing -- and she takes a few more days to figure out her story. She does it the day before she's scheduled to see her boys again.

There has been no confirmation about gravel, just speculation -- but I'm speculating a park conversation may have come up upon examination of shoes or tire treads. It doesn't have to be huge rocks, but unless she cleaned her soles or tires with a toothbrush, fine pieces will stick to and in crevices.

I don't see the relevance in questioning JH about that after EG led them to his body. Unless they think he wandered off and was somehow injured and then she hid him.
I think NG wanted a crack at JH while she had the chance to get a read on him and see if her assessment aligned with DM's. Asking him about EG's story revolving around the door was one way to do that, IMO.

Hey all. Still here... I'm having a hard time with EG's suicide. I guess it's a trigger for me and I never knew it.

I honestly think she did feel guilty. Look at her life... there's no way she was a happy person. The fact that she had old scars on her wrists... I don't know... I have old scars on MY wrists, so I guess hearing that reminds me of those feelings of hopelessness and darkness. I think she was in a lot of pain, which led to the self-medicating with drugs, which led to emotional instability (ha! how's that for an understatement?). She should have never been left alone with those kids. I think she wanted her perfect life with JH and her kids, but she just couldn't handle it and had too many demons. At the time when she killed herself, she should've been very confident in her chances of getting away with it. I don't think it was thoughts of jail that led her down that path. I think she gave up on life in general. She had literally lost everything... her children, her significant other, probably her freedom.

I never thought I would be saying this, but I actually have a lot of sympathy for her, and the fact that she took her own life is super tragic. In a way, I was kind of hoping someone else had killed her instead. I've also been suicidal, and I wouldn't wish those feelings on anyone, even EG.

Hmmm. I have mixed feelings about this statement. Mostly, I agree—and of course if they go, no one should be rude or belittle them. However, part of me is really angry they didn’t hold Emily accountable for her actions—and they didn’t protect Lucas. Especially since one member of her family is a mandated reporter. I acknowledge that I don’t have all the facts and if I did I might see things differently. On the other hand—I have empathy for their situation.
Who is a mandated reporter? There doesn’t seem to be much information about her family by MSM at all. Are there any links about her family? Have they released a statement?

I have had such intense anger and HATRED in my heart for EG for so long. I loathed everything about her, picked everything apart such as her appearance at court to every word she's ever spoken, to every action ever detailed in a report. My worst fear was her getting away with killing sweet innocent little Lucas. I think some of my anger spilled out into my daily life, with my interactions with others, because I was so darn frustrated and worried we'd never seen justice.

Then, I saw some hope when the unverified information about Lucas' possibly dying in the bathroom of the house on Edgemore the 10th or 11th, and that that information may have come from a 2nd autopsy. I thought finally...answers are coming to light. Lucas just might get the justice he so deserves. I was still furious, but we were all hot on the trail again as things seemed to make more sense with those dates and we scrambled and made it all fit pretty much.

Then, Emily's suicide happened. I wasn't glad. At first, I thought, yes, she took the easy way out and that was not justice. The weird thing is, I don't know where that anger is now. I'm angry that she took Lucas' life away in a general, human sense, but the intense anger I felt so directly towards her has mostly dissipated. And in it's place, is just an emptiness almost. It feels good to let go of so much of that anger and hatred. I think there were a lot of reasons she killed herself, and not to say I'm pro-suicide but I probably would've done the same thing. But look at what it has caused for those who may have loved her...sorrow, for some, I'm sure. And I even feel, dare I say, some compassion for even JH now.

This is probably not a popular opinion, and that's ok. This has been a horrific case with so much tragedy, I myself am finally relieved I'm still not bursting at the seams with anger and bitterness . Instead, I feel like we will get some answers and that some good (perhaps changes or additions in laws regarding child protection) may come from this. This case has wrung me out and hung me up to dry, and I am so sad, but at least I have more hope than ever before.

JMO.
I understand how you have evolved in some of your feelings. When my ex died some years ago I had no place to put all the resentment and hate I had been existing on for so long. I had every justification for how I felt about him but once he was gone he ceased being a soulless monster and became a failed human being and holding onto all that seething anger was pointless. The horrible things Lucas went through are just as heartbreaking and sickening but the villain can no longer feel our outrage toward her. It’s our own humanity that allows us to become more merciful once the subject of our hate has checked out especially in such a destructive way. Many will find my comments distasteful but they are my feelings only.

I agree with your friend. Somehow, I can't quite bring myself to believe that EG loved her kids, though. Maybe she did, in some bizarre way that I can't comprehend.

Many parents use their children in a cat and mouse game to serve their own needs. I’ve witnessed this with my son and his ex-wife. Very sad and I’m sure illegal. It’s all about one upmanship.

I agree with your friend. Somehow, I can't quite bring myself to believe that EG loved her kids, though. Maybe she did, in some bizarre way that I can't comprehend.

I think mental illness and drugs played a big part in EG behavior which is absolutely no excuse for what happened to Lucas. I do wonder what kind of person EG would of been with proper mental health treatment and no drug use.

I have had such intense anger and HATRED in my heart for EG for so long. I loathed everything about her, picked everything apart such as her appearance at court to every word she's ever spoken, to every action ever detailed in a report. My worst fear was her getting away with killing sweet innocent little Lucas. I think some of my anger spilled out into my daily life, with my interactions with others, because I was so darn frustrated and worried we'd never seen justice.

Then, I saw some hope when the unverified information about Lucas' possibly dying in the bathroom of the house on Edgemore the 10th or 11th, and that that information may have come from a 2nd autopsy. I thought finally...answers are coming to light. Lucas just might get the justice he so deserves. I was still furious, but we were all hot on the trail again as things seemed to make more sense with those dates and we scrambled and made it all fit pretty much.

Then, Emily's suicide happened. I wasn't glad. At first, I thought, yes, she took the easy way out and that was not justice. The weird thing is, I don't know where that anger is now. I'm angry that she took Lucas' life away in a general, human sense, but the intense anger I felt so directly towards her has mostly dissipated. And in it's place, is just an emptiness almost. It feels good to let go of so much of that anger and hatred. I think there were a lot of reasons she killed herself, and not to say I'm pro-suicide but I probably would've done the same thing. But look at what it has caused for those who may have loved her...sorrow, for some, I'm sure. And I even feel, dare I say, some compassion for even JH now.

This is probably not a popular opinion, and that's ok. This has been a horrific case with so much tragedy, I myself am finally relieved I'm still not bursting at the seams with anger and bitterness . Instead, I feel like we will get some answers and that some good (perhaps changes or additions in laws regarding child protection) may come from this. This case has wrung me out and hung me up to dry, and I am so sad, but at least I have more hope than ever before.

JMO.
I strangely feel like I know what you mean.
When EG was released the 2nd time, I was so angry. Every day she was out after the acquittal and every day she was out until she died, I found myself thinking about her --instead of Lucas. I wondered what she was doing, if she was talking and laughing with anyone, if she was enjoying good food -- or indulging in drugs or sex. I wondered if I'd bump into her in public and if I could control my anger if I did.

Now, as I've said before I don't feel sorry for her so much. I truly believe that there is the capacity for redemption in nearly every single person -- if not in public, then behind prison walls. They may be shunned and hated by the people they hurt for the rest of their lives, but they can still be something to somebody--they can be a source of goodness to others, IMO. I have hope that every single person has a purpose and if willing to own up and change, they can do so. It saddens me that any potential for that in EG is gone -- she was young enough.

But my feelings for EG's lost potential or just a flash in the pan -- the DA stating he will share the results of the investigation made me feel more hopeful that Lucas will get justice; there will be a finding made on his behalf. We can agree/disagree about what justice is -- at least there's no risk EG's own children will be called to testify when they last saw Lucas. My heart aches for her children and her parents. I have to also wonder if EG's own family and inner circle will get some relief -- especially if they fought the urge to enable or if they felt intimidated by her.

I'm equally concerned for JH -- he hasn't even been able to bury his son and he has to find the mother of MH in that state?

I just don't know what to do with these feelings. This doesn't feel like "suicide" so much as another homicide with herself as victim and perpetrator. I don't feel about this like I do about other suicides. It feels like she just robbed a life from her loved ones again. Right or wrong - but emotion doesn't have to be logical.

I almost totally agree with this...but there is one part that makes me wonder. In his mind...did he think that providing financial stability came first and everything else came after. It's a difficult thing to be the sole provider and he was that. I just don't know how snowballed he was by the rest of it...the meth...the abuse...did he know or was he blind to it because he was rarely home.

I wonder if JH thought that taking care of the children/home is a woman's job? Some men have this line of thinking, and it just ends up getting them into trouble.

Edited: must have lost my train of thought since the sentence didn't make sense. *shrugs*

Last edited:
I just don't understand how JH allowed this to go on. People say EG was manipulative and had him fooled, but he himself was involved in violent altercations with her, we learned from EG ex that baby MH might of been hurt in one of those altercations, numerous reports of abuse, he knew there was drug use, Lucas with bruises repeatedly. He knew she was capable of being violent so why leave children in that enviornment. Did he think this is way families behave? I just can't grasp the excuse of EG was manipulative and he is a victim of EG controlling him. The thought of him caring for another child scares me.

I understand how you have evolved in some of your feelings. When my ex died some years ago I had no place to put all the resentment and hate I had been existing on for so long. I had every justification for how I felt about him but once he was gone he ceased being a soulless monster and became a failed human being and holding onto all that seething anger was pointless. The horrible things Lucas went through are just as heartbreaking and sickening but the villain can no longer feel our outrage toward her. It’s our own humanity that allows us to become more merciful once the subject of our hate has checked out especially in such a destructive way. Many will find my comments distasteful but they are my feelings only.
Grace is a powerful thing.

I just don't understand how JH allowed this to go on. People say EG was manipulative and had him fooled, but he himself was involved in violent altercations with her, we learned from EG ex that baby MH might of been hurt in one of those altercations, numerous reports of abuse, he knew there was drug use, Lucas with bruises repeatedly. He knew she was capable of being violent so why leave children in that enviornment. Did he think this is way families behave? I just can't grasp the excuse of EG was manipulative and he is a victim of EG controlling him. The thought of him caring for another child scares me.
Thank you. Thank you.

Neither JH or EG contested the CINC petition, and "The child-in-need-of-care petition contended that Hernandez was not an appropriate placement for the child either."

Stepmom of missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez loses custody of her daughter
Thank God they didn't let JH have MH. He was willing with open arms to take Emily back into his home! At that time he wasn't an appropriate placement for MH. She might very well have been dead by now.
I have an ex sister in law who found herself to be mentally ill when her children were young. She became suicidal. Within her suicidal logic, she felt she must take her children with her, which made her also homicidal. The court was right for MH. JH would have taken Emily back, which would have put MH in harms way.

Wow, the thread finally slowed down enough for me to catch up! At this point I don't have anything constructive to say that would add to all the insightful thoughts already posted.

In my years here I've seen cases where members develop a special bond with child victims and I believe this is one.

This case is exceptionally challenging in that right now we don't have a solid timeline or the results of Lucas' and Glass' autopsies so we don't know - and may never know - what actually transpired in that house.

But my gut tells me that Glass did something horrible to Lucas and not that some unfortunate accident occurred that caused her to panic. Whether or not she took her life (assuming it was suicide) because she was ashamed of what she did or because she felt she couldn't face a lifetime in jail I believe two things: One, that she knew her abuse would be substantiated and two, that she knew she would be in prison for a very long time.

Because she had a history of taking her anger at others out on Lucas I can't say I'm sorry she killed herself but I am sorry that she left a swath of sorrow in the aftermath. As others pointed out there were those who loved her who will now have to bear the pain of losing her.

I want to express my sympathies to the family members who love and cherish Lucas - I'm so sorry the recent events have interrupted your time of sorrow and grieving for his loss.

I wonder if the case against JH will proceed. There is no longer a need for a protection order for EG's boys. They are protected from her now forever. I really think that was the whole point of her ex filing anything anyway.....to keep the boys away from her.
Not to discount that JH may have been rough with one of the boys, but I just think the reason for the arrest and the result intended is gone.

I wonder if the case against JH will proceed. There is no longer a need for a protection order for EG's boys. They are protected from her now forever. I really think that was the whole point of her ex filing anything anyway.....to keep the boys away from her.
Not to discount that JH may have been rough with one of the boys, but I just think the reason for the arrest and the result intended is gone.

I can't imagine they will drop the charges - he is charged with battery on a child. There should be outrage if they do it needs to go to court and either found guilty or not guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14