Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. I have mixed feelings about this statement. Mostly, I agree—and of course if they go, no one should be rude or belittle them. However, part of me is really angry they didn’t hold Emily accountable for her actions—and they didn’t protect Lucas. Especially since one member of her family is a mandated reporter. I acknowledge that I don’t have all the facts and if I did I might see things differently. On the other hand—I have empathy for their situation.

I agree with everything you said. I am just a bottle of mixed emotions, I am so angry that JH did not protect Lucas but I would never deny him the right to grieve for the loss of Lucas. So many peoples lives have changed, I can only hope that it will be a positive change for some and better choices and decisions can be made for all children in the future.

I am worried westboro will show up, disgusting. I pray not, but because of the high profile case I suspect they will. It may be worth contacting local Biker chapter as they will get be able t block the protesters from the site of the family.
Oh Lucas, bless your sweet soul, I do hope you can look down and see that you are greatly loved!
Are they still doing that crap? I was thinking about them in regard to this case last week & thought maybe they had backed off since the daughter went so public. I too hope the Patriot Guard shows up in droves. They came to my little town for a serviceman's funeral years ago & it was definitely a sight to behold.

I am worried westboro will show up, disgusting. I pray not, but because of the high profile case I suspect they will. It may be worth contacting local Biker chapter as they will get be able t block the protesters from the site of the family.
Oh Lucas, bless your sweet soul, I do hope you can look down and see that you are greatly loved!

Hi Always, could you please tell me what Westboro is? TIA

Kind of gives you a little insight on what police have to deal with, witnesses having difficulty giving exact dates.
Great point !! This seems like such a simple statement but the truth in it is huge. I’m sure they have been able to corroborate some info but look at us here, we have spent 27-28 threads thinking a different timeline. There is surely issues they also have faced. People don’t have interactions with others thinking they may need to be witness to a crime later.

Hello to all on this thread,I have been following this whirlwind case since day 1. This is my first time commenting on here,about this case,though I was a member of a discussion page dedicated to little Lucas on fb.
Just wondering peoples genuine options/theories on this case? Does everyone feel EG is the devil incarnate? JH knows more? Even JO?
Welcome to WS Scarlett1586!
I believe everyone has stated what they believe happened in the last 30 threads. You might want to read up here on WS on the case.

Hello to all on this thread,I have been following this whirlwind case since day 1. This is my first time commenting on here,about this case,though I was a member of a discussion page dedicated to little Lucas on fb.
Just wondering peoples genuine options/theories on this case? Does everyone feel EG is the devil incarnate? JH knows more? Even JO?

Welcome to WS!

There is no way to answer what everyone here (or anywhere) thinks...we are all different and our opinions/thoughts/feelings and even facts have been on a wild ride through out this case!

Hey everyone,

Let's drop the Westboro discussion, please. I have seen no evidence that they are planning to disrupt Lucas' funeral. They are not a group that is worth discussing and it takes away from the discussion about Lucas' life.

Thank you!

It has taken me time to absorb the fact that EG's death essentially ended this case.
It seems unfair at first glance...but as I have thought on it more, I am not as angry about this outcome.
I feel really bad saying that.
Just my opinion.

Lucas' parents: Memorial for boy will be open to public

“In the statement, Lucas' parents said they want to "focus on laying him to rest in a manner that celebrates his short time on this earth," then work with the community to memorialize their beautiful child.”

The way I interpret here, they will have his funeral, and then a public memorial. I hope that’s right.
I think they're referring to fundraisers to raise money for memorial sites. There are a few unapproved ones going around, I believe one was mentioned at the end of one of the MSM articles in the last few days.

I've considered the possibility that the neighbor mistook one of EG's boys for Lucas and that this could have occurred on Valentine's Day, which was a Wednesday. But, it's a long shot. Purely speculation.

JMO

EG went out of her way to lie/come up with something re: VD (assuming this is still the current status/consensus)...there has to be a specific reason for this date mentioned, moo. I am not saying anything new or groundbreaking here, just saying that now that the timeline has possibly been moved back...

(Odd dejavu, contemplating the potential significance of Valentine's Day, Abby and Libby...

"There's a Reason for the Seasons."
--Foxfire
*Ftr Foxfire said this iirc in regard to SKs, but it somehow seems fitting here.)

Last edited:
Has JH stated anything about working towards trying to get MH back in any news articles/reports or interviews?

I understand his focus early-on was finding Lucas, and his plate is still full in terms of plans to lay his son to rest, the recent development of EG's suicide, and the fact he still (as far as we know) works out of state in New Mexico 2/3 of the time, but it almost seems as if his other small child is barely an afterthought.

How motivated is he to attempt to regain custody of his only surviving child? He has never mentioned her in any interviews that I am aware of, is he not motivated? That's very telling if he is not; is it because he is at such a low point that friends/family should be seriously concerned about the possibility of his having suicidal thoughts himself? Is he simply not concerned about it or it's not a priority?

Just popping in for udpates !! Honestly, since the news of EG's suicide, I needed a bit of a break as I worried that would be one of the outcomes but was still shocked when I heard about it.
So, I took a break, picked up my 5 and 8 yr old grandkids and have them with me all weekend so I could enjoy some time with them. However, I thought about Lucas all weekend and trying to come to grips with what this will do for his case/trial.
I have read JO and JH media releases and KUDOS to them for keeping it classy. Their joined forces and words have been, IMO, from the heart and even the press release on EG's death from the both of them was all class.
You all are still providing great conversation and I am trying to catch up as these threads are moving so darn fast !
Carry on !! #TeamLucas

Hey everyone,

Let's drop the Westboro discussion, please. I have seen no evidence that they are planning to disrupt Lucas' funeral. They are not a group that is worth discussing and it takes away from the discussion about Lucas' life.

Thank you!

(Dear liltexans,

This is going to sound like brown-nosing but it's really not, I've been wanting to say this for a long time. Just wanted you to know that all your work is appreciated here, and that you are one of my favorite mods, especially because you are really respectful when you talk to us.)

For months, the disappearance of Lucas Hernandez has been on the minds of many in this community, including criminal defense attorney Dan Monnat.

"Speculation in these cases is always to be avoided. Science and medicine will tell us the manner in which Lucas Hernandez died, whether that's by criminal means or by natural causes or accident," said Monnat.
Attorney advises against speculation in death cases

Disrupting a memorial service for a 5 year old boy. You can’t get much lower than that. IMO

Aside from abusing a 5 year old boy, killing him, hiding his body under a bridge and then killing yourself 'cause you can't do jail.

ETA: no disrespect meant to your post...Just saying, EG is as low as you can go.

For months, the disappearance of Lucas Hernandez has been on the minds of many in this community, including criminal defense attorney Dan Monnat.

"Speculation in these cases is always to be avoided. Science and medicine will tell us the manner in which Lucas Hernandez died, whether that's by criminal means or by natural causes or accident," said Monnat.
Attorney advises against speculation in death cases

Haha...Advising against speculation and Websleuths are polar opposites!

Has JH stated anything about working towards trying to get MH back in any news articles/reports or interviews?

I understand his focus early-on was finding Lucas, and his plate is still full in terms of plans to lay his son to rest, the recent development of EG's suicide, and the fact he still (as far as we know) works out of state in New Mexico 2/3 of the time, but it almost seems as if his other small child is barely an afterthought.

How motivated is he to attempt to regain custody of his only surviving child? He has never mentioned her in any interviews that I am aware of, is he not motivated? That's very telling if he is not; is it because he is at such a low point that friends/family should be seriously concerned about the possibility of his having suicidal thoughts himself? Is he simply not concerned about it or it's not a priority?
JMO they may be waiting on DNA to say he is father before he can do anything in regards to her. With all the lies that may be coming to light to him now, he may not know if he is the father or not. And since AFAIK they were not married, the courts may demand DNA to prove who the father is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee