Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has JH stated anything about working towards trying to get MH back in any news articles/reports or interviews?

I understand his focus early-on was finding Lucas, and his plate is still full in terms of plans to lay his son to rest, the recent development of EG's suicide, and the fact he still (as far as we know) works out of state in New Mexico 2/3 of the time, but it almost seems as if his other small child is barely an afterthought.

How motivated is he to attempt to regain custody of his only surviving child? He has never mentioned her in any interviews that I am aware of, is he not motivated? That's very telling if he is not; is it because he is at such a low point that friends/family should be seriously concerned about the possibility of his having suicidal thoughts himself? Is he simply not concerned about it or it's not a priority?

Neither JH or EG contested the CINC petition, and "The child-in-need-of-care petition contended that Hernandez was not an appropriate placement for the child either."

Stepmom of missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez loses custody of her daughter

Has JH stated anything about working towards trying to get MH back in any news articles/reports or interviews?

I understand his focus early-on was finding Lucas, and his plate is still full in terms of plans to lay his son to rest, the recent development of EG's suicide, and the fact he still (as far as we know) works out of state in New Mexico 2/3 of the time, but it almost seems as if his other small child is barely an afterthought.

How motivated is he to attempt to regain custody of his only surviving child? He has never mentioned her in any interviews that I am aware of, is he not motivated? That's very telling if he is not; is it because he is at such a low point that friends/family should be seriously concerned about the possibility of his having suicidal thoughts himself? Is he simply not concerned about it or it's not a priority?

MOO
I would hope he thinks about her. I would think his atty has told him that's not even a distinct possibility. He still has to get through the case regarding the alleged abuse of EG's son, correct? And that's outside of all he's dealing with when it comes to Lucas's & her death. (MOO) If he was to publicly state he wants to get her back, it would be a feeding frenzy of people commenting that he didn't take care of Lucas & he doesn't deserve her. Even though JH should've taken their reports of Lucas's child abuse seriously, I pray he has some family supporting him right now. He may not make it if he doesn't.

Aside from abusing a 5 year old boy, killing him, hiding his body under a bridge and then killing yourself 'cause you can't do jail.

ETA: no disrespect meant to your post...Just saying, EG is as low as you can go.

I was referring to the memorial service only, not to circumstances that lead up to it.

Oh I don't know about that. They have bees in their bonnets and aren't going away. These are classless women, and I'd love to know how they even knew about Emily's suicide so quickly, that they were in front of the house and ready for show time with the media. Then they had the audacity to go on Nancy Grace after. No, I don't think they're going away anytime soon. Hopefully, they'll be cops there to keep them at bay, should they show up.
I also wondered how they showed up so soon -- I wonder if EG messaged one of them (or a family member who has been communicating with them). I'm not sure about SE, but SH follows a local (not msm) journalist very closely and he was there outside the home doing Facebook Live.

JMO they may be waiting on DNA to say he is father before he can do anything in regards to her. With all the lies that may be coming to light to him now, he may not know if he is the father or not. And since AFAIK they were not married, the courts may demand DNA to prove who the father is.

Based on the court docs it appears paternity has already been established and JH ordered to pay support.

They deemed him unfit for placement of MH at the time of the CE case. He has a court case coming up in July for battery to a child maybe after that is all said and done if he wants to pursue custody of baby MH he can go through the steps the court would of outlined if they deem getting MH is an option for him.

The only thing we have heard is from DM that EG sister was taking steps to get baby MH.I don't know if that is true or if DM just told that to EG to get her to cooperate.

I actually have come to think she did feel guilt. She was also afraid to go to prison. She also wanted to make JH suffer more. She set it up knowing JH would find her dead. I think she suffered enormously not having her sons and everything fell under that. I think she committed suicide because she was severely depressed.
I’m not disagreeing with you. I’m sure she was depressed. We really don’t know what was going on in her head although her notes may reveal something. I tend to doubt it though. They’ll probably have more denials and finger-pointing. If she felt badly about not having her sons, she would have gotten herself clean and taken the parenting class as she was ordered. IMO if she worried about having her sons it may have only been because of concern about how it looked to others.

I guess I just don’t feel like being charitable and giving her any benefit of the doubt at this point.

I was talking to a friend who is a social worker about this case and she said - you know some people don't have the skills or ability to parent and nurture a child properly but it doesn't mean they don't love that child. What is common sense to some is not common sense to all what is natural for some has to be learned by others.

IMO JH choices have proven he’s unable to provide a safe and healthy home or to put the best interest of his children first. He’s an unfit parent.

IMO JH choices have proven he’s unable to provide a safe and healthy home or to put the best interest of his children first. He’s an unfit parent.

I almost totally agree with this...but there is one part that makes me wonder. In his mind...did he think that providing financial stability came first and everything else came after. It's a difficult thing to be the sole provider and he was that. I just don't know how snowballed he was by the rest of it...the meth...the abuse...did he know or was he blind to it because he was rarely home.

I have had such intense anger and HATRED in my heart for EG for so long. I loathed everything about her, picked everything apart such as her appearance at court to every word she's ever spoken, to every action ever detailed in a report. My worst fear was her getting away with killing sweet innocent little Lucas. I think some of my anger spilled out into my daily life, with my interactions with others, because I was so darn frustrated and worried we'd never seen justice.

Then, I saw some hope when the unverified information about Lucas' possibly dying in the bathroom of the house on Edgemore the 10th or 11th, and that that information may have come from a 2nd autopsy. I thought finally...answers are coming to light. Lucas just might get the justice he so deserves. I was still furious, but we were all hot on the trail again as things seemed to make more sense with those dates and we scrambled and made it all fit pretty much.

Then, Emily's suicide happened. I wasn't glad. At first, I thought, yes, she took the easy way out and that was not justice. The weird thing is, I don't know where that anger is now. I'm angry that she took Lucas' life away in a general, human sense, but the intense anger I felt so directly towards her has mostly dissipated. And in it's place, is just an emptiness almost. It feels good to let go of so much of that anger and hatred. I think there were a lot of reasons she killed herself, and not to say I'm pro-suicide but I probably would've done the same thing. But look at what it has caused for those who may have loved her...sorrow, for some, I'm sure. And I even feel, dare I say, some compassion for even JH now.

This is probably not a popular opinion, and that's ok. This has been a horrific case with so much tragedy, I myself am finally relieved I'm still not bursting at the seams with anger and bitterness . Instead, I feel like we will get some answers and that some good (perhaps changes or additions in laws regarding child protection) may come from this. This case has wrung me out and hung me up to dry, and I am so sad, but at least I have more hope than ever before.

JMO.

I almost totally agree with this...but there is one part that makes me wonder. In his mind...did he think that providing financial stability came first and everything else came after. It's a difficult thing to be the sole provider and he was that. I just don't know how snowballed he was by the rest of it...the meth...the abuse...did he know or was he blind to it because he was rarely home.

It doesn’t matter what he thought or if he was snowballed. He failed at providing a safe and healthy home for his children and his son died because of it. When the risk is so great there are no second chances.

For the person who was asking about Cottonwood Park...All I could find is a Cottonwood Mobile Park. From her last place of known residence Chapin Park could be on the way to Cottonwood Mobile Park. They are all about 10-15 minutes apart.
I'm trying to remember -- were we bringing up parks again to figure out why they were searched? Some common things among the "C" parks were habitat protection and walking paths/trails.

Cottonwood is a park near the old apartment, and it was searched. It has a walking path and is designated as a protected area for wildlife -- as does Chisholm, which was searched very heavily. Of course Chisholm is the one at Hwy 96 & Woodlawn (possibly mistaken for 96th st/Woodlawn in a tip as speculated). Chapin was also searched and has a walking trail.

I was talking to a friend who is a social worker about this case and she said - you know some people don't have the skills or ability to parent and nurture a child properly but it doesn't mean they don't love that child. What is common sense to some is not common sense to all what is natural for some has to be learned by others.

I agree with your friend. Somehow, I can't quite bring myself to believe that EG loved her kids, though. Maybe she did, in some bizarre way that I can't comprehend.

I also wondered how they showed up so soon -- I wonder if EG messaged one of them (or a family member who has been communicating with them). I'm not sure about SE, but SH follows a local (not msm) journalist very closely and he was there outside the home doing Facebook Live.

Listening to some the people that were standing around talking outside JH's house, the TV reporters cameras picked up on some of them saying they heard it on their police scanners that were inside their homes. Then they went to the address stated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member