Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
in one of the interviews, DM mentioned EG had attempted suicide before and i believe a few people were posting about it? i cant find it now and wanted to know if someone had the link handy most importantly, do we know if this suicide attempt was post-Lucas' death/her first or arrest or at another time in her life?

I think that would be in one of the interviews with DM after the news about EG's suicide.

IIRC DM described it as a pre-existing scar on EG's wrist, and I think he saw that when he was in Wichita trying to get the location of Lucas. So I got the impression that it was an older scar?

I think she just gave up, she had lost everything, she knew she was going to jail eventually, and I think guilt was taking its toll on her. I think she just wanted it to all end.
I dont think she felt guilty.
She went from having all control ( over lives) to zero control.

She knew the PI tricked her and jail was the next stop.
Freedom was temporary.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your input and explanations on perhaps Emily's mindset. Now to concentrate on this precious little boy that has forever changed so many lives. I would love to see a public place in Wichita dedicated to Lucas. I have seen benches in parks, plaques with a child's photo on it by a certain animal in the Zoo,maybe at that tractor place that I saw him so excited in a video. Good will always win out and this little boy will live forever in our hearts. His parents know him best..God Bless them all and extended family!

Imho.
I understand all the love for Lucas,and wanting to having the service be public. So many hearts captured by this sweet darling boy.
I just have a sickening feeling that a certain number of whacked out meth heads will show up,and turn it into a melee, Dumpster fire.
I'm at a loss for words. Can't explain, I just feel it. I just sense it.

Imho.
I understand all the love for Lucas,and wanting to having the service be public. So many hearts captured by this sweet darling boy.
I just have a sickening feeling that a certain number of whacked out meth heads will show up,and turn it into a melee, Dumpster fire.
I'm at a loss for words. Can't explain, I just feel it. I just sense it.
I don't think those people will show up. Those people care about EG, not LH, and while they're odd and misguided, I don't think they're intentionally hurtful or vindictive.

I've considered the possibility that the neighbor mistook one of EG's boys for Lucas and that this could have occurred on Valentine's Day, which was a Wednesday. But, it's a long shot. Purely speculation.

JMO

We finally got in touch with the neighbor who said she saw Lucas. She said she saw two boys only on a Thursday in January and one of the boys was Lucas. She said she now thinks the younger boy was Lucas and the older boy was his brother, since both boys played with her own son in Jonathan and Emily's front yard while Emily sat on the porch. The family (Jonathan's) did not move into that neighborhood, however, until February. I waiting on a return response to her on whether she perhaps has her months confused. However, even with the months confused, I am not sure either of Emily's biological sons were over at her house on Edgemoor during the week (weekend only).

Last edited:
I don't think those people will show up. Those people care about EG, not LH, and while they're odd and misguided, I don't think they're intentionally hurtful or vindictive.
I hope You're right. But meth is poison,meth don't care, It's just flat out methed up,and don't care what,or who it destroys. Meth doesn't care about intention, or lack there of.
I hope for Lucas sake they will be strong security to keep the peace.

We finally got in touch with the neighbor who said she saw Lucas. She said she saw two boys only on a Thursday in January and one of the boys was Lucas. She said she now thinks the younger boy was Lucas and the older boy was his brother, since both boys played with her own son in Jonathan and Emily's front yard while Emily sat on the porch. The family (Jonathan's) did not move into that neighborhood, however, until February. I waiting on a return response to her on whether she perhaps has her months confused. However, even with the months confused, I am not sure either of Emily's biological sons were over at her house on Edgemoor during the week.
I think she would have been due to have her boys on Valentines Day, according to the schedule.

We finally got in touch with the neighbor who said she saw Lucas. She said she saw two boys only on a Thursday in January and one of the boys was Lucas. She said she now thinks the younger boy was Lucas and the older boy was his brother, since both boys played with her own son in Jonathan and Emily's front yard while Emily sat on the porch. The family (Jonathan's) did not move into that neighborhood, however, until February. I waiting on a return response to her on whether she perhaps has her months confused. However, even with the months confused, I am not sure either of Emily's biological sons were over at her house on Edgemoor during the week (weekend only).
Thank you so much for keeping us updated!

I think she would have been due to have her boys on Valentines Day, according to the schedule.
Actually, that is correct, apologies. She was allowed to have her sons on Wednesdays for 2.5 hours. We will hopefully talk to the neighbor again soon, although she did say Thursday several times.

<modsnip>
Reminder:

Statement analysis links are not allowed, per TOS.

If any link you post shows up as a line of asterisks, that means the site is not approved as a source at WS.

Thank you. Just to let you know I didn’t realize it.

Is there a way to share it without violation of TOS. LE uses it and I was worried that it takes a long time to read and understand.

My intent was to add to conversation and to help us all better understand. So if i could write it different or post a general but maybe a related source please advise.

I enjoy participating but want to follow rules to the letter. Trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

Thank you. Just to let you know I didn’t realize it.

Is there a way to share it without violation of TOS. LE uses it and I was worried that it takes a long time to read and understand.

My intent was to add to conversation and to help us all better understand. So if i could write it different or post a general but maybe a related source please advise.

I enjoy participating but want to follow rules to the letter. Trying.

You can certainly share your thoughts with others in private conversations, but the statement analysis blog is not allowed for discussion here on the forum.

It's a little bit strange that the neighbor first thought Lucas was the older boy and now she thinks he was the younger. I'm wondering if she couldn't really identify Lucas at all. If she thinks now he was the younger one, there is only about a one year age gap between Lucas and EG's youngest son I believe, which makes it even more likely that the boys she saw were EG's, if it was on VD and since EG lied about where Lucas was on VD.

It's a little bit strange that the neighbor first thought Lucas was the older boy and now she thinks he was the younger. I'm wondering if she couldn't really identify Lucas at all. If she thinks now he was the younger one, there is only about a one year age gap between Lucas and EG's youngest son I believe, which makes it even more likely that the boys she saw were EG's, if it was on VD and since EG lied about where Lucas was on VD.
But we've been told Lucas' speech was distinct, so if the kids she saw spoke, she probably would have known one was Lucas by that. A 1 year difference can be hard to tell who's older and younger sometimes. I have a niece who is one month older than my nephew, but people generally think the nephew is about a year older than her because of their sizes.

I had the same thoughts. But it sounds like all she knows for sure is that she saw two boys playing on a Thursday sometime last winter (Jan or Feb). :confused:o_O

If EG had her boys on Valentines Day, I think her ex would be able to confirm that. JMO.

‘We were never prepared to face this loss’: Lucas Hernandez memorial will be open to public, parents say

The parents of deceased Kansas boy Lucas Hernandez stated on Saturday night they plan to have a public memorial for their son, but in the meantime, ask that fundraising efforts be put on hold until after their son has been laid to rest.

Jonathan Hernandez, father of 5-year-old Lucas, told CrimeOnline that a benevolence fund will be created via a non-profit agency, so that any and all donations to the family will be accounted for. Benevolence funds are typically doled out by a church or another non-profit agency to families in need to help aid them during unfortunate circumstances, whether it be missed work because of the loss of a family member, unemployment, natural disasters, and other similar circumstances.

Further, a benevolence fund will help reduce the chances of people donating to any unapproved fundraisers. No fundraisers at this time have been approved by the family, Hernandez told CrimeOnline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper