Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, it's not like anyone in our family knew the exact proper ways to handle having Lucas die and then go missing for three months. On top of all of us trying to handle our own emotions and support one another, the public and media were very much in our lives as well.

If anyone can point me towards a handbook on how to do everything perfectly when you're suddenly grieving the loss of a child AND in the public eye that would be wonderful. It would truly help the next family.
Bless your hearts. I’m so sorry some people have been less than considerate and generous with their words. There is no handbook for the unthinkable. You are all doing admirably under these heartbreaking circumstances.

How wouldn't he have known? Emily's car was in the garage, the television was on, and lights were on in what the kitchen? I wonder who he thought it was if it wasn't Emily?

If it was supposed to be a 'hit' maybe, JH thought, Emily had overpowered the hitman/hitwoman and blew their brains out instead? I don't know? Is it possible that JH stopped at the house to see if the job was done? I guess JH could have left a window/door unlocked, so someone could whack Emily. This case is really F-ed up, so I wouldn't be surprised. I guess.

I'm thinking it was just so shocking an image that it took him a moment to understand what he was seeing, that it was EG.

Posts discussing and/or being critical of how the Celebration of Life for Lucas is being organized have been removed.

Each Celebration of Life is unique, and decisions as to how they are handled are strictly up to family. Websleuths is not the venue for criticism of anyone who loved and lost dear little Lucas.

I'm flagging this myself, but I remember in the beginning no one was allowed to mention Emily by name because she wasn't named in MSM. Now we can mention her dad by name? I'm so confused.

The name has been redacted, so I don't think we are allowed to name anyone who hasn't been named in MSM. Sometimes it takes the mods a little while to get to the posts that have been reported.

I’ve been here since early on and FLA I totally understand what your saying. Whatever you do someone is going to find something to say about it. I have not posted much lately because #1 my heart still hurts and # 2 Iam waiting for the DA . I do hope we receive some closure and info from him. I hope I never have to go through what this family has gone through. My opinion on the latest events is that I wish JH would have listened to DM and stayed away and made sure no weapon was there.

A few thoughts about all this...

After EGs arrest and the discovery of LH, we had major doubts that anyone was living in the house. To us, it was creepy and irrational since they were just renters and werent tied to that house.

After EGs suicide, we attempted to rationalize how she got back into the house. Ideas like she was trying to meet up with JH to talk with him about Lucas... etc.

Turns out EG was just simply living there. And it is WAY too ironic that the ONE night JH shows up, she’s dead. He was keeping in daily contact. He was showing up to the house she lived at. He was likely still sleeping with her. It sounds disturbingly irrational, but that’s the record he’s been setting.

That gun is strange to own, but even stranger to lie to DM about. I wonder if they were dealing drugs together. Only speculation, but absolutely wouldn’t surprise me.

How many days after NG announced the bathroom speculation did EG kill herself? She knew her lies would unravel and that JH would find out the truth soon... up until that point she thought her lies about finding him in bed would float. JH probably justified his continued relationship with her because it was all an “accident” and a big misunderstanding accounting to EGs lies.

As for noting the cigarettes on the floor, I actually don’t find that too strange. I’m sure EG was unrecognizable and he was searching with his eyes of the scene to make sense of it... he noted the gun and cigarettes as recognizable objects that he could stand to look at.

This case has been emotionally exhausting. Too many really crappy people to count. My heart will never not ache for Lucas Hernandez.

Wow, I've been gone for about a week. I now hate JH even more. Didn't know that was possible.

I wonder if EG was sitting there, smoking cigarettes, waiting for JH to come home so she could take him with her... but then he took too long and she just gave up.

I’ve been here since early on and FLA I totally understand what your saying. Whatever you do someone is going to find something to say about it. I have not posted much lately because #1 my heart still hurts and # 2 Iam waiting for the DA . I do hope we receive some closure and info from him. I hope I never have to go through what this family has gone through. My opinion on the latest events is that I wish JH would have listened to DM and stayed away and made sure no weapon was there.

If she was determined to die she would have found other means. It’s just the twisted choices she made throughout her life.

I don’t understand anyone who could hurt a child. Not at all even if there are mental health issues. It’s still a choice to me.

After EGs arrest and the discovery of LH, we had major doubts that anyone was living in the house. To us, it was creepy and irrational since they were just renters and werent tied to that house.

After EGs suicide, we attempted to rationalize how she got back into the house. Ideas like she was trying to meet up with JH to talk with him about Lucas... etc.

Turns out EG was just simply living there. And it is WAY too ironic that the ONE night JH shows up, she’s dead. He was keeping in daily contact. He was showing up to the house she lived at. He was likely still sleeping with her. It sounds disturbingly irrational, but that’s the record he’s been setting.

That gun is strange to own, but even stranger to lie to DM about. I wonder if they were dealing drugs together. Only speculation, but absolutely wouldn’t surprise me.

How many days after NG announced the bathroom speculation did EG kill herself? She knew her lies would unravel and that JH would find out the truth soon... up until that point she thought her lies about finding him in bed would float. JH probably justified his continued relationship with her because it was all an “accident” and a big misunderstanding accounting to EGs lies.

As for noting the cigarettes on the floor, I actually don’t find that too strange. I’m sure EG was unrecognizable and he was searching with his eyes of the scene to make sense of it... he noted the gun and cigarettes as recognizable objects that he could stand to look at.

This case has been emotionally exhausting. Too many really crappy people to count. My heart will never not ache for Lucas Hernandez.

My impression is that LE told him about the cigarettes.

Ya know, it's not like anyone in our family knew the exact proper ways to handle having Lucas die and then go missing for three months. On top of all of us trying to handle our own emotions and support one another, the public and media were very much in our lives as well.

If anyone can point me towards a handbook on how to do everything perfectly when you're suddenly grieving the loss of a child AND in the public eye that would be wonderful. It would truly help the next family.

FLA, I’m so very sorry your family is still having your every action and/or inaction dissected by the public. I’m praying all of you have some relief after the memorial service.

Please know that you have much suppprt from many in the WS community and beyond.

You’ve been an excellent advocate for Lucas. Thank you for being patient with us!

I’m curious why you think that rifle is strange to own.

I can't even imagine what you've been through! I wish my words could help but I know they won't. They're just words from a stranger on the internet. But then again, now that I type that I realize, so are criticisms you might see. Please, blow off any negative comments! You don't need or deserve that! I'm sorry it's an additional burden on you. That's not right. I am sure the majority of people only wish you peace and comfort! Prayers and virtual hugs heading your way. Remember him and grieve your loss the way you need to and please try to ignore any negativity that comes your way!

The only occurrence I can remember is JH himself stating that Lucas was not well. From the NG Crime Stories dated June 4th, JH said He and EG both took Lucas to the doctor because he was vomiting for a few weeks. Lucas was given Zofran and JH said the prescription did not help Lucas or stop his vomiting.

Could he have had a head injury they both know about?? Concussion? If his brain never had time to heal before the next blow he received, it could go on like that until death, right?

My son had a SLIGHT concussion from football last year and the dr said NO ACTIVITY for a week. Not even gym class bc he did not want to chance another hit in the head.

I live in South Dakota and when AR-15s have been in the news, quite a few people comment saying they own them. Some it is just because they can, some are former military, some are gun enthusiasts/collectors, some like shooting targets with them, and some just like owning the serious fire power of an AR-15. Of course, there are also those that have used these for horrible reasons too. IMO based on what I have read and heard both locally and nationally, it seems somewhat common to own AR-15s.

My understanding is that JH has had an AR-15 for quite some time IRCC. Since I can't recall where I read that it is MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1