Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he gave her back the gun for protection then it doesn't make sense that it would be in a gun case in the closet. There were no kids in the house to worry about getting ahold of the gun. IMO the gun has always been there and was stored in the closet. Not a new purchase or one he just gave her to protect herself.

What surprises me is he was observant enough to notice and count cig butts on the floor.

Did he say a specific number, or did he say something like "three or four"? I have no idea how anyone would notice anything other than the obvious, but maybe his eyesight was drawn away from the obvious and down to the floor to avoid looking at the obvious? I still agree it seems odd to notice the cigarette butts, but thank God I've never been in that position.

Did he say a specific number, or did he say something like "three or four"? I have no idea how anyone would notice anything other than the obvious, but maybe his eyesight was drawn away from the obvious and down to the floor to avoid looking at the obvious? I still agree it seems odd to notice the cigarette butts, but thank God I've never been in that position.

He said 3 or 4. It’s also possible that the police told him they were there and asked him if that was unusual.

IMO, EG killed herself because she knew her life as a free woman was ending soon.

She must have done something to Lucas that she was afraid would be revealed on autopsy. Otherwise, she could have argued accidental death or death caused by illness. She might have faced some charges over hiding the body but that might not have resulted in prison time. A first offender might get probation or a suspended sentence.

I think EG feared prison and knew it was inevitable. She preferred death over many years, if not life, in prison. She chose death because could not see any other way out of the enormous hole she had dug for herself.

EG saved herself the misery of life in prison and didn't care what affects her action had on anyone else.

I mostly think it was a suicide, but I'm leaving room for it being a hit. Seems a bit odd to me that if Emily had access to a gun she wouldn't have used it on others prior to killing herself.
She murdered a very loved little boy.

Cowards pick on, hurt, and murder children. It takes far more to go up against someone your own size.

He said 3 or 4. It’s also possible that the police told him they were there and asked him if that was unusual.

That sounds reasonable for LE to say there are butts there and ask if EG smoked, they could also ask him what brand she normally smoked and look at the butts to see if it matched.

That sounds reasonable for LE to say there are butts there and ask if EG smoked, they could also ask him what brand she normally smoked and look at the butts to see if it matched.

Could be that LE told him, but the way he said it he was describing what he saw and used the explanation of she must of thought about it for awhile.

I understand why he didn't initially know who the woman was, but do you not find it a little odd that there's one woman living in the house and there's one woman's body in the house and he didn't initially make the connection and even had to wonder who it was?

I don't really know what I'm saying there. From what he said it must have been like walking into an absolute horror movie scene, and I think he said he walked out of the room and then walked back in (maybe hoping that he had imagined it and the scene would be normal if he looked in again?).

I would imagine that after that second look he would have just wanted to get LE there and puke his guts out.

It's not an 'I imagined it' sort of experience- JH did say it was like a dream (shock).
When first faced with death (esp violent death), one's mind shifts gears dramatically.
Going from recognition of the extraordinary, taking a mental snapshot in the moment to understand a situation, then when the ideas and questions start flooding in around this new event, attempting to gain further information to decide what is happening, what should be done.
Afterwards when the threat is 'over' the sequence of events may be foggy, faraway, abstract and 'dreamlike', since the brains' reverted back to a relaxed state of processing mundane tasks, not involved with emergent threat of immediate death having filed the incident away under experiences not relevant to ordinary life.
Sleep further allows the brain to prune and organize the trauma away into subconscious 'suggestions', away from interfering with consciousness.

Taking space and calling LE is the answer to 99.9999999% of facing what he came into contact with. So many who've discovered suicide know this intimately in all it's surreal horror.
If the scene had suggested the presence of another killer no doubt he'd have grabbed the gun and hightailed it out under an entirely different set of presumptions.

Just as EG claiming to have seen a dead Lucas 'in bed' does not lend itself to any credible line of thought, neither does the glaring lack of weapon removal from premises, as the presence of weapons was an average, expected, everyday experience, as opposed to self harm/suicide, which was not.

With this perspective the podcasts of JH's worldview may appear somewhat stranger than the usual parent suffering multiple losses.

I understand why he didn't initially know who the woman was, but do you not find it a little odd that there's one woman living in the house and there's one woman's body in the house and he didn't initially make the connection and even had to wonder who it was?

I don't really know what I'm saying there. From what he said it must have been like walking into an absolute horror movie scene, and I think he said he walked out of the room and then walked back in (maybe hoping that he had imagined it and the scene would be normal if he looked in again?).

I would imagine that after that second look he would have just wanted to get LE there and puke his guts out.
I’m just going to politely say if one is interested in images of a suicide with an AR there are images available on google. It’s to graphic to even post a link.

EG could have been identified by her clothing but there wouldn’t have been much else recognizable neck up. Depends on how many shots came out of the gun when it fired. And that’s all I want to say about that.

If the gun was at her fathers it would have been easy for her to take. I believe there are to many unknowns to make an educated guess.

I’m grateful that her ex is probably protecting her boys from all this. And I hope MH is just to young. And mostly I hope it’s never mentioned by kids at school. No one deserves the things that have evolved from this case. Imo

Only problem with this thought, Charlie, was that JH said he didn't know it was Emily right away.

How wouldn't he have known? Emily's car was in the garage, the television was on, and lights were on in what the kitchen? I wonder who he thought it was if it wasn't Emily?

If it was supposed to be a 'hit' maybe, JH thought, Emily had overpowered the hitman/hitwoman and blew their brains out instead? I don't know? Is it possible that JH stopped at the house to see if the job was done? I guess JH could have left a window/door unlocked, so someone could whack Emily. This case is really F-ed up, so I wouldn't be surprised. I guess.

Those ARs are fairly expensive. The three I’m aware of are about 2k each. Of course it’s deoendant upon accessories and make model. I’ve just never ever seen them for anything outside of human death and destruction. And I’m the first to admit my bias. I’m a past hunter but out of necessity and not for fun. It’s the way we saved money in Alaska. And moose is organic if cooked properly my kids could not distinguish it from beef.

I found an article about inexpensive AR-15’s. The first few are around $700 and have the 16” barrel that JH stated his has. I didn’t finish reading the article to see if they are all that way.

Affordable & Effective: 16 AR-15 Rifles For Under $1,000

How wouldn't he have known? Emily's car was in the garage, the television was on, and lights were on in what the kitchen? I wonder who he thought it was if it wasn't Emily?

If it was supposed to be a 'hit' maybe, JH thought, Emily had overpowered the hitman/hitwoman and blew their brains out instead? I don't know? Is it possible that JH stopped at the house to see if the job was done? I guess JH could have left a window/door unlocked, so someone could whack Emily. This case is really F-ed up, so I wouldn't be surprised. I guess.
I think it may have just been his way of saying that she was unrecognizable? Because otherwise it's a very odd thing to say.

I’m just going to politely say if one is interested in images of a suicide with an AR there are images available on google. It’s to graphic to even post a link.

EG could have been identified by her clothing but there wouldn’t have been much else recognizable neck up. Depends on how many shots came out of the gun when it fired. And that’s all I want to say about that.

If the gun was at her fathers it would have been easy for her to take. I believe there are to many unknowns to make an educated guess.

I’m grateful that her ex is probably protecting her boys from all this. And I hope MH is just to young. And mostly I hope it’s never mentioned by kids at school. No one deserves the things that have evolved from this case. Imo

I did say I understand exactly why EG was not recognizable, so I do appreciate the reason why. My question was only that if you have one woman living in a house, then wouldn't you first assume that was the person who you'd come across?

I think the answer might be in some other posts that have said he told NG that he thought she might not be in the house, and may be at a relatives. Maybe when there was no answer to his text and then he couldn't find her in the first rooms he looked in, that that made it harder for his brain to make the connection that what he was seeing was "Emily". I suppose in that sense it might not be uncommon to have that thought of "who--what?? Why am I seeing this sight in my house? This does not compute!"

I'm also a bit curious, was it said that JH texted EG ahead of arriving? I find it a little bit (not that there aren't a few possible explanations and it depends on the wording in the text) to text before turning up at the home you are living in. One possible explanation could be that he wasn't staying there every night and that the text was to say "I'm going to come back and sleep at the house tonight" so that she'd know to expect someone to be coming in the door. I know others might think it could be "I'll be home in half an hour" but I'm not really getting that sense of a 'couple' at this point but more of something like him tolerating her being there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky