Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, concussion is essentially bruising of the brain and swelling and increasing the pressure. WITHOUT brain being present due to decomposition (ugh, sorry to use the term), it wouldn’t be visible upon autopsy. Also, organ damage caused by kicking/punching to the soft part of stomach wouldn’t be visible at this point either.
What does everyone think about being positive for Phenethyaline (sp?) being present?? It’s listed as a organic chemical (naturally occurring?) and can be duplicated pharmaceuticals - acts on the body similarly to meth.....any one know if this isn’t a chemical that is a byproduct of decomposition or is it suspected his body was drugged? It isn’t but something I’m familiar with in the EMS world - but reading leads me to believe potentially it could be like an adrenaline rush if you are feeling frightened, in which case, does it lend clues?

I stand corrected. The report came out before the service.
Looks like EG didn't have to kill herself after all.

I cant make heads or tails of exactly what it is or does, but it appears to be naturally occuring in humans, so I dont believe its anything to be concerned about. IMO

Sorry to quote myself, but it might be like a steroid. Did Lucas have asthma or anything? I know it says he had breathing issues as a newborn but did those continue?

I'm reading more about it...it's said to cause endorphins and is also known as the "runner's high." I don't think it's the same as the adrenaline you get from being scared. The study I read mentions how it releases serotonin and dopamine, which make you feel good. Even if we never get the mystery solved...maybe we can hope he wasn't in excruciating pain or terrified when he passed. :(

Link: β-phenylethylamine, a small molecule with a large impact

I'm reading more about it...it's said to cause endorphins and is also known as the "runner's high." I don't think it's the same as the adrenaline you get from being scared. The study I read mentions how it releases serotonin and dopamine, which make you feel good. Even if we never get the mystery solved...maybe we can hope he wasn't in excruciating pain or terrified when he passed. :(

Link: β-phenylethylamine, a small molecule with a large impact
Was he on ADD medication? Phenethylamine Health Benefits

Phenylethylamine is considered an effective treatment for conditions such as depression, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and Parkinson’s disease. Supplements of PEA can also be used to treat chronic pain, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, alcohol withdrawal symptoms, and vitiligo.

Last edited:
Wow. Doesn't surprise me that we don't know Lucas COD. My gut instincts with this case have been dead on since day one. Another Caylee Anthony in my opinion. The only difference is between the suspects. One's alive and the other one is not.
Honestly, I do believe that Emily and Casey could have been good friends in life… Eyeroll

Was he on ADD medication?
if he was, it would show as amphetamine. I don’t believe he was on Adderall or any of those types of medications. If so it would probably also be listed as a medication that he was known to be on. What is interesting is I don’t see Zofran listed as something he tested positive for. And I would assume they would have tried to test him for it having the information that he was on it supposedly.
Please forgive any of my crazy misspellings, I look like a drunk person typing, my iPhone has been giving me hell since the last update LOL

I just....tend to wonder....if she didn't actually cause his death...Of course there is no doubt she harmed him and traumatized him...but maybe after all of this, his actual cause of death is from something else. If I'm even wondering this...I can't imagine what this will unleash for JH. He even told NG he was basically waiting on what the autopsy said. If EG were still alive, there's no doubt he would be running back to her.

I am devastated that to COD or MOD can be determined and it breaks my heart knowing, had we not missed him under that stupid bridge, the family would have answers. :(
*gently puts arm around your shoulders*

You can't go there, Pink. You can't. Lucas didn't want you to see him like that.

Yes, concussion is essentially bruising of the brain and swelling and increasing the pressure. WITHOUT brain being present due to decomposition (ugh, sorry to use the term), it wouldn’t be visible upon autopsy. Also, organ damage caused by kicking/punching to the soft part of stomach wouldn’t be visible at this point either.
What does everyone think about being positive for Phenethyaline (sp?) being present?? It’s listed as a organic chemical (naturally occurring?) and can be duplicated pharmaceuticals - acts on the body similarly to meth.....any one know if this isn’t a chemical that is a byproduct of decomposition or is it suspected his body was drugged? It isn’t but something I’m familiar with in the EMS world - but reading leads me to believe potentially it could be like an adrenaline rush if you are feeling frightened, in which case, does it lend clues?

I asked my husband about the Phenethylamine (he's a CRNA) and he told me that it was a stimulant drug. He said it's used for athletic performance or weight loss. Hmmm.

There was only one drug that tested positive,but I don't know even what it is or means phenethylamine

Both naturally occuring and associated with meth/ecstasy.

Rib healing may be from early development recovery (normal) or trauma- simply stating 'some' ribs showed this growth doesn't give good enough idea of the pattern which is now thankfully recorded in photos & documents.

Same as with hip- noting stage and pattern of LH's growth.

This is just a standard simple autopsy, no special treatment or tests sought. Basic formality for all deaths, UID's notwithstanding.
Gorrill would miss a hell of a lot if not formally requested to seek further info, from the DA- hinting that DA either didn't have all it's ish together at that stage, didn't have legal access to do so, or information gathered from LH investigation... some small chance of foul play in the ranks there though most likely as a result of rote procedure.

Off to look at FCC lab at KU now. Pathology questions lurk unabated.

Last edited:
I am devastated that to COD or MOD can be determined and it breaks my heart knowing, had we not missed him under that stupid bridge, the family would have answers. :(

Bottom line, LE had the info and misinterpreted.

I kept records of search every day and am still astounded how much good info and effort was thrown into bringing Lucas home.

That effort is invaluable for both his case and others.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall down at the ME's office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces