Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am behind a few pages and just thought of Lucas's hair color. Correct me if I am wrong and if anyone spoke on the information pertaining to DM saying that Lucas had white hair when he was found. I don't remember seeing this in the report... ?

I really wish a second opinion and autopsy was done on Lucas. I feel in this case is was needed. Now with there being no body, I do not know how much a second opinion would come in to play. Yes, there are results, pictures etc but the body is no longer available.

Here is my question: Nancy Grace stated that the bathroom manner of death situation was discovered in a SECOND autopsy. Is it possible that the family paid another ME to do a second autopsy which yielded different results before having Lucas cremated? Or maybe another ME volunteered to lend their expertise? Or did Nancy Grace just get more bogus information?

I'm a little behind and I think I'm too scared to read the autopsy report.
Can anyone explain the whole broken ribs thing?
I would think that if a corpse showed anything broken, especially rib bones, that would ascertain an issue. ? Especially on an 5yo?

Dang work had to pull me away and I'm needing to catch up.

Most of the report came off quite basic and humdrum to me.
Rib healing could be anything from emergency revival efforts, breathing machine during infancy to bone bruising. As we haven't seen an MRI to compare severity of the ribs sustaining this regrowth it's up in the air.

Does anyone have a clue about the hyoid bone and laryngeal cartilage thing? What does that mean? It's in the neck. Her eyes were described as being intact so her face was still there, and the gunshot went through the middle of her forehead. I'm so confused.

Edited for clarification

How does one say this, EG's method of dumping Lucas doesn't leave room for postmortem 'travel' with elements and insects. Unburied, bodies seldom stay in the same exact space as last left. Blood pools & decays fastest, organs are next, flesh lingers longer, fats alter into chalky residue, skin tends to go in stages as entry for bacteria & parasites- otherwise fragile and can dry into a papery covering.
On the one hand conditions were perfect for mummification, and on the other EG clearly waited a while to put Lucas under this bridge.
A mess of brambles may hold a body in place, but it's hardly protection from other elements in motion.
Considering the weather picking up and recent series of storms prior to Lucas being recovered, wheresoever wind and water swept, so would both of these crucial body parts (objects in repetitive motion may act like saws as well).
Were I in Kansas, upon first sight in exam I'd be out there panning that pond for the missing parts STAT. What caused the ME's office to avoid this action?

EG picked a powerful weapon & fired at very close range; even so it's not like she'd detonated a stick of tnt in her head- most connective tissue does a decent job of holding things together to a degree (elastic, allows for expansion without loss of cohesion).
There is no 'good' way of expressing the effects of expanding gasses involved in EG's last act, without meandering over minutiae of angle of impact vs tissue involved.
It's not as much that there are conflicting ideas about her remains in the CR, as that there is a mental block that conveniently prevents most people from perceiving another in such a way.

Last edited:
Ive been quetly following this case since day one from far away (Europe, Croatia).Because of beeing so far I dont have much to offer to contribute but prayers and thoughts.
Little Lucas has really captured my heart and I truly feel I will not forget him till I die.
I was really hopin that the autopsy will give answer to his family, and to all of us and I m so sory that it turned out this way.
Lucas is the most special boy and loved by so many around the world, I hope that can be at leat the slightest comfort to his family and everyone who knew him and love him.
#TeamLucas forever

Does anyone have a clue about the hyoid bone and laryngeal cartilage thing? What does that mean? It's in the neck. Her eyes were described as being intact so her face was still there, and the gunshot went through the middle of her forehead. I'm so confused.

Edited for clarification
It's Lucas's that were missing, not EG's.

Extract from Lucas' autopsy: (some may not wish to read - warning graphic)

Extensive maggot activity is present. The head with attached C1 vertebra, is separate from the body. [...] The neck and torso are predominantly skeletonized. The hyoid bone and laryngeal cartilages are not identified.
http://kake.images.worldnow.com/library/c7748166-f7b1-4569-b3fe-2fe44da9a9b2.pdf

Extract from EG's autopsy:

The thyroid cartilage, thyroid cornu and hyoid bone are intact.
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Emily+Glass+Autopsy+and+Toxicology+Report.pdf

I'm very disheartened that they could not determine the cause of death. I really wanted more concrete answers and closure for the family. But...it is what it is.

My thoughts go out to JO, FLA and all those friends and family who dearly loved this little guy.

I'm thousands of miles away in the south pacific and can't attend the celebration of life on the 30th. I wondered if perhaps we might focus on leaving positive messages here about him on that day?

http://kake.images.worldnow.com/library/c7748166-f7b1-4569-b3fe-2fe44da9a9b2.pdf

It states:

'The hair appears to be brown'

However in the NG podcast DM said his hair appeared to be bleached white? Any ideas?

Still reading through the rest of the autopsy

DM said a strip of light seemed to have hit his hair to make a white streak. It was not all white. Just where the sun hit.

Snipped by me.
Lucas was clothed and buried under branches, but in open view to Marshburn once he peeked under the small bridge. His little body was fairly decomposed, lying in the exact way Glass described to Marshburn. His hair had turned almost white due to the sunshine hitting through a slit in the bridge and directly onto his head for three months.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BDfIQFggoMAA&usg=AOvVaw39YAXoO4IC8dGLZS4ZAKH7

DM said a strip of light seemed to have hit his hair to make a white streak. It was not all white. Just where the sun hit.

Snipped by me.
Lucas was clothed and buried under branches, but in open view to Marshburn once he peeked under the small bridge. His little body was fairly decomposed, lying in the exact way Glass described to Marshburn. His hair had turned almost white due to the sunshine hitting through a slit in the bridge and directly onto his head for three months.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BDfIQFggoMAA&usg=AOvVaw39YAXoO4IC8dGLZS4ZAKH7

Ah yes, I remember that now. Thank you!

I just don't know what to think. IMO after speaking to someone in medical field regarding LH toxicology results the phenethylamine is not unusual to see in toxicology results in a body that has been deceased for some time, it is naturally occurring, and the periosteal reaction can be caused by medical conditions especially with LH health history - doesn't always mean trauma.

EG committing suicide doesn't prove to me that she killed LH, no question she did dump his body. I will always wonder if she did find him in bed deceased. I still think there are answers out there, but I doubt very seriously if that person will talk. Such a sad situation all around.
I am of the opinion she DEFINITELY killed LH. I also think she admitted to it when she said: I DID LUCAS WRONG. I DID LUCAS SO WRONG.

Last edited:

Edited for clarification

Hyoid missing in Lucas. It makes me ill to discuss the state of his body.

With EG nearly 2 lbs of brain and bone were collected and delivered along with the body to Med examiners. That’s about 20% if the weight of average human head. So much of the top rear head was blown off. Then there was post death swelling trauma in the form of shattered bone after the gun fired. In addition to the actual slug there are gasses that expand and do significant damage to tissue and bone. That’s the reason EG wasn’t recognizable to JH.

I am of the opinion she DEFINITELY killed LH. I also think she admitted to it when she said: I DID LUCAS WRONG. I DID LUCAS SO WRONG.

I guess I just need more, there are so many unanswered questions. Hopefully the DA will reveal some information that will answer the questions of when did death occur, was it before the 17th, did someone really see LH the 16th when she went to Olive Garden, when do phone pings show she went to the area he was found, what do the medical records show if he was actually taken to the DR the last two weeks or so of his life. The statement of I did Lucas wrong can mean different things to me, does it mean I did him wrong because I killed him, I did him wrong because I didn't seek medical care when he was so ill, I did him wrong because I didn't protect him from things going on in the house, or I did him wrong because when I found him deceased I disposed of him like trash.

There is no question in my mind that EG did not treat LH properly and that there was abuse going on in that house that caused LH to suffer. I am afraid the answer of what happened to LH will never be answered and that breaks my heart for the families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves