Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know everything. How they think Lucas died, who was responsible and/or involved and how he got to that culvert. What happened Friday night, Feb 16 and the next day, when CR spent the night, what the dogs hit on, the reason for the park searches, what they found on her phone, why they asked if anyone saw someone running barefoot, what evidence they have from her vehicle as well as the home, why it was said early on that Lucas wasn't abducted and didn't walk out of the house, where Lucas was on Valentine's Day, the doctor and CPS reports for all illnesses and injuries, and that's just off the top of my head. I know we're not going to get all that, but I want it!
I hope the DA do have at least some answers, and not try to just end the case as is with not really anything more than what everyone already knows through the media, autopsy reports, 911 calls and such. It would be depressing if that’s the case for the family. They deserve answers.

IMO

Okay, I read both autopsies and these are the (likely odd to others) things that stood out to me.

First I was so angry that this woman was healthy. I know, a stupid thing but each time I read that her organs and everything were healthy I got more angry. The number of people who could have been saved by those organs. (Though admittedly many would not want them.) She even had good TEETH! The number of good moms who are not that healthy, just another opportunity she squandered.

I was also surprised that she was sober. I was surprised they didn't test her for more drugs than they did, especially because they did test Lucas for a LOT of them. I was glad they were that thorough and were able to test at least the liver.

Obviously reading Lucas' was heartbreaking. No family should have to hear that stuff about their child. So nauseating. I do wish a cause of death had been able to be discovered.

However, I take SOME comfort in the fact that he didn't have a ton of broken bones (like Sherin did.) I realize that doesn't mean he didn't suffer. However, the lack of broken bones at least makes me feel like he somehow suffered less.

As far as the ribs go, they weren't broken or it would have mentioned there were healing/healed fractures. X-rays performed showed no obvious evidence of skeletal trauma. Broken ribs that had healed would show up.

My husband went in for a shoulder x-ray at 25 years old and found out he had broken his collarbone as a child. Didn't have a clue before that x-ray.

While I realize periosteal reaction often accompanies injury, it doesn't have to be a break. It can be bruised ribs, it also CAN be caused by some interventions like chest physical therapy. Without knowing for sure all the therapies and medical procedures Lucas had done, we couldn't assume it was abuse either.

So basically... after reading the list of Sherin's injuries.... Lucas' autopsy report was a relief. Maybe I just need to hold onto the hope that he didn't suffer too much. No fractured skull, no broken ribs, no broken limbs.

The only question is about strangulation. Since they didn't find those bones, that remains a question as well. I wish they'd go out and look some more. I know they found some bones in the debris.... I wonder if they could find more.

I also noted that the gunshot essentially "internally decapitated" her (atlanto-occipital dislocation). Which is what occurs when a child forward facing in a vehicle is involved in a crash. Because a baby's head is so large and the bone development isn't enough to withstand the forces. (Kids should rear face until they outgrow the seat. 2 years at a minimum, my kids do until 4 or 5.)

This is actually a 4 year old, so rear facing as long as possible is best.

What is internal decapitation and how did child survive?

I don't know anything about guns, so that was a surprising amount of force to me, even after reading about the external damage. I guess I just hadn't given much thought to that. It's an incredibly amount of force. Not sure how JH ever gets that image out of his head. I will honestly be surprised if he makes it through this.

Just my thoughts, I wanted to wait until after Saturday to share them.
Late to this but I can’t like this pose enough. Someone was arguing with me just today because my grandson who is in my care. Is still rear facing. He will be 3 Friday. I was trying to explain Just this!

Calm down. I said I don't support him! But he is under a tremendous amount of stress. AND he has lost his son, and found a woman with her head blown to bits. I don't defend him at all, I was commenting on the way he sounded on the 911 call.
And regardless he is a human being. I know since he’s the favorite villain now, we don’t seem to be able to acknowledge that without being attacked. I can hold two thoughts at once and one recognizes his part in Lucas’s tragic life pain as well as whatever happened with EGs boys but also, the fact that he has had some real pain since February.

And regardless he is a human being. I know since he’s the favorite villain now, we don’t seem to be able to acknowledge that without being attacked. I can hold two thoughts at once and one recognizes his part in Lucas’s tragic life pain as well as whatever happened with EGs boys but also, the fact that he has had some real pain since February.
This is where I have been at too. I feel sorry for JH. I can't help it nor do I want to. It's the humaneness in me. I do believe that he loved his son and EG and loves his daughter. Do I think he has made some terrible choices? You betcha! Do I think he is hurting beyond belief? You betcha. Now he's sick and in the hospital. All of this since February 16th! How much can one person take? His depression must be deep imo.

This is where I have been at too. I feel sorry for JH. I can't help it nor do I want to. It's the humaneness in me. I do believe that he loved his son and EG and loves his daughter. Do I think he has made some terrible choices? You betcha! Do I think he is hurting beyond belief? You betcha. Now he's sick and in the hospital. All of this since February 16th! How much can one person take? His depression must be deep imo.

I’m not disagreeing with you kkdj. It’s awful to kick someone when they’re down. JH kind of made it difficult to get sympathy because he never had that “Aha” moment, showing that he finally got what so many were seeing. I hope he has finally taken the blinders off.

NG went overboard with the bs she spewed in this case, especially the bathroom incident, and so called autopsy that was done showing Lucas died on the 11th or whatever. She talks about Lucas getting “tossed over the bridge”. She’s delusional. It never happened.
As a Nancy Grace fan myself, I am livid beyond words all the facts that have never been cleared up or were just plain wrong.

I am also stunned and shocked at how Nancy has portrayed a sympathetic stance towards Jonathan. I have, in the past, seen her rip to shreds men and women like Jonathan for denying abuse. She's not asking the questions we the public want answers to. She's not clearing up where the rumor of the second autopsy and bathroom incident came from. For me, that gave me a sense of false hope, that Lucas' loved ones and the public would get an answer as to what happened to him.

So, this time, I am not only disappointed in Nancy, I am disgusted by a couple of her segments on this case. That says a lot for me, when I, who has always been a huge fan of hers, shakes my head in disgust. Where are the tough questions, Nancy?

As a Nancy Grace fan myself, I am livid beyond words all the facts that have never been cleared up or were just plain wrong.

I am also stunned and shocked at how Nancy has portrayed a sympathetic stance towards Jonathan. I have, in the past, seen her rip to shreds men and women like Jonathan for denying abuse. She's not asking the questions we the public want answers to. She's not clearing up where the rumor of the second autopsy and bathroom incident came from. For me, that gave me a sense of false hope, that Lucas' loved ones and the public would get an answer as to what happened to him.

So, this time, I am not only disappointed in Nancy, I am disgusted by a couple of her segments on this case. That says a lot for me, when I, who has always been a huge fan of hers, shakes my head in disgust. Where are the tough questions, Nancy?

Agreed. Nancy was saving her own back and her own show on this one. No one elses. Also, I have no time for anyone who sympathizes with Jonathan. Sorry.

Agreed. Nancy was saving her own back and her own show on this one. No one elses. Also, I have no time for anyone who sympathizes with Jonathan. Sorry.

It is interesting that JH spared JH the tough questions. I think she might be going soft.... It also bothers me that she would make crapola up. Maybe, she figures a majority of the public doesn't follow the case very closely... so they will just take her word for it? I am sure that many people don't follow certain cases very closely. They just accept the stuff that NG says and don't really look to certify her claims.

On here it is easier to catch NG's lies since we follow Lucas' case closely. I wonder what other stuff she has lied about with other cases.

What questions are we hoping the D.A. answers?

When do they think Lucas died?
What other things happened that week, for instance V-day?
Who was the last person to see Lucas alive and the time and circumstances. What was Lucas' condition as far as that person could tell.
What did forensics find in the house? Did cadaver dogs find a particular place where Lucas may have died?
What clothes was Lucas wearing when he was found? Was he wearing a pull-up?

I'm sure there are other things, but those are the first things that come to mind.

It is interesting that JH spared JH the tough questions. I think she might be going soft.... It also bothers me that she would make crapola up. Maybe, she figures a majority of the public doesn't follow the case very closely... so they will just take her word for it? I am sure that many people don't follow certain cases very closely. They just accept the stuff that NG says and don't really look to certify her claims.

On here it is easier to catch NG's lies since we follow Lucas' case closely. I wonder what other stuff she has lied about with other cases.
Just my two cents worth here. I've watched Nancy Grace since she became a name and have learned to watch her interviews and to concentrate on the questions she sneaks in and the answers given. You can learn valuable information while listening to her interviews, just concentrate on the person's personna, their attitude and most importantly, the answers and if they are able to answer the same way to the same questions asked several different ways. The PI who took EG to find Lucas worked along the very same lines. He made EG think that he was on her side and understood everything and made her feel comfortable with talking and confiding in him.

Sometimes you just have to think outside of the box.

You have to walk in a lot of Oyster mud to get to the Oyster. LOL

Last edited:
Iam not from Wichita but I have KAKE and KWCH on my phone now.. it is unusual to have this many shootings there.
Wichita has had 29 homicides this year so far, up from 18 during the same time period last year. This was in the news yesterday on KAKE. They have added 2 federal prosecutors and brought in fbi to help - a lot of it is believed to be gang violence and perpetrated by the same people rather than isolated incidents. Lived here 20 years now and I don’t remember seeing numbers like this before now. The shootings without fatalities is even higher - but the officer didn’t know the exact number during the last briefing :(

Valley Fever (coccidioides), maybe? Although I don’t see throat abcess as a symptom I guess it could be a secondary infection from coughing so much, maybe. I have a friend who is being treated for it now.
Valley Fever Awareness
Yes, yes, yes!!! Thank you!
I just wanted to look it up and see it's incubation period,presenting symptoms etc.
It just crossed my mind as I was reading the thread.
Thank you!

As far as the throat injury, illness or whatever? The reason I was wondering if he thought about suicide? A burn from the barrel of an AR15 that had just been fired could become extremely infected. Could he have seen EG kill herself and decide to kill himself and just couldn't get past the burn of the barrel? Just my thoughts.

Sounds like severe, untreated acid reflux. It leaves sores behind.

Have you ever been told your baby has colic.
Its acid reflux folks.
It goes untreated if you are not aware of this.
Find a Dr who's familiar with this in newborns.

There are blogs with new parents on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000