Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murder or no murder, there is no way that b is innocent of anything. Emily and innocent do not fit well together in a sentence.
She killed Lucas.
Its why she hid his body.
OTHERWISE she would have called 911 like the rest of us if we found a child dead in bed.

All our kids get hurt playing.
Doesn't have a damn thing to do with this case.

P-

With that said, the evidence DM’s audio would have on it, would also have to be investigated as well- that would take time. I am still of the OPINION that he should have released those ONLY to LE. What was the point of that ??

I want to hear DM’s tape from Day 1 with EG and JH. IIRC he made a statement in one of the podcasts or articles that he always tapes interviews when he’s on a case. Hmmm...then he says he didn’t tape Day 1. Did he forget to push play? Or does he not want it to be heard?

IMO he released the tapes to extend his 15 minute of fame. I think it was detrimental to Lucas’ case and will most certainly be detrimental to future cases. He gave away his game plan and admitted he was deceptive.

I’m very glad he was able to locate Lucas. I just wish he wouldn’t have shared so much with the public. Who knows what might have happened if he hadn’t given the tapes to NG. I wonder if EG would still be alive. I am in no way blaming DM for EG committing suicide, but I’m sure the deceit and publicity left her feeling she had no one she could really trust.

I think about Lucas every day. He made a huge impact on so many people.

I went back and went on the internet to view the DM case, Dateline "deep in the woods" from March 16th.

He befriended the suspect for 2 years, and was finally Led to the deceased's body. The soldier from Fayetteville North Carolina. And yes he lied to him also, he lied to him a lot!

That said, he got the job done. The family was so grateful, they gave him her military dog tags. (I think that is what they call them)

yes, he got publicity, and perhaps the publicity is what led the family to him to find Lucas!

I'm glad he's getting his 15 minutes of fame, as I think it's a great thing to possibly help somebody in the future. I believe that's how the family found him was from that Dateline episode.

I went back and went on the internet to view the DM case, Dateline "deep in the woods" from March 16th.

He befriended the suspect for 2 years, and was finally Led to the deceased's body. The soldier from Fayetteville North Carolina. And yes he lied to him also, he lied to him a lot!

That said, he got the job done. The family was so grateful, they gave him her military dog tags. (I think that is what they call them)

yes, he got publicity, and perhaps the publicity is what led the family to him to find Lucas!

I'm glad he's getting his 15 minutes of fame, as I think it's a great thing to possibly help somebody in the future. I believe that's how the family found him was from that Dateline episode.
I am very thankful DM came and was able to find Lucas. He’s great at what he does! I am not thankful that he released his tape and did interviews prior to a trial or closure of the case. My feelings are that doing so had a lot to do with EG’s suicide. She was mentally ill, yes, however, I believe she felt backed into a corner after the tapes release. I wanted justice for Lucas and the full story of what happened to him for his family. With EG gone, we won’t have that. Yes, I admit, I was curious and listened with peaked Dr. Spock ears twice to the tape and to the NG interview...the sleuth in me...but afterward, I said to myself that if they don’t keep this girl in jail, she’s going to kill herself. And she did.

She killed Lucas.
Its why she hid his body.
OTHERWISE she would have called 911 like the rest of us if we found a child dead in bed.

All our kids get hurt playing.
Doesn't have a damn thing to do with this case.
You’re absolutely right. I have a 6 year old, and one who will be 5 soon and 22 month old. They get bruises once in a blue moon when they bump into things while playing. Lucas’s bruises don’t look like that. It looks like someone was beating this boy up, fists and everything. EG tried to make it look like he’s always falling always getting hurt. I doubt Lucas was such a clumsy kid. If my kids get hurt that much from falling, the school would probably suggest checking my son out if there’s something else where he might need ot or pt. DCF must have believed her stories to not remove him from the home.

I really thought DM would get EG talking about Lucas and what she exactly did while leading him to Lucas body. How Lucas died, when did he die, and all that.

I think NG should broadcast her errors in this case. If she wants people to continue to watch her she needs to correct her wrongs when she has put out erroneous information. Otherwise, why watch her? It's hard to trust her now. She needs to make this right.

I am very thankful DM came and was able to find Lucas. He’s great at what he does! I am not thankful that he released his tape and did interviews prior to a trial or closure of the case. My feelings are that doing so had a lot to do with EG’s suicide. She was mentally ill, yes, however, I believe she felt backed into a corner after the tapes release. I wanted justice for Lucas and the full story of what happened to him for his family. With EG gone, we won’t have that. Yes, I admit, I was curious and listened with peaked Dr. Spock ears twice to the tape and to the NG interview...the sleuth in me...but afterward, I said to myself that if they don’t keep this girl in jail, she’s going to kill herself. And she did.
IMO, DM is not responsible in any way for EG killing herself. He was also not responsible in any way for LE not arresting her following her leading DM to Lucas' body. She knew that after she led him to Lucas' he ruse was up and that she was facing prison time. The audio recording IMO did not influence her decision to kill herself, her realization that she would have to pay for her crime made her take the coward way out. JMO

I think at the very least EG and JH were hooking up. He didn’t want to be very specific what was being texted the night she took her life. *shrug*
This story is just nuts and I’m shocked there hasn’t been any movement by DA to address what they DO have on the case with all the main players dead.

Boy am I asking for trouble here.

Some of us have nearly lost children or have lost children. Even when they are older the pain never subsided when you are the parent.

God isn’t a part of what I’m writing today and that’s difficult for me because I believe in him.

JH spent 2/3 of his time at his job trying to improve their economic situation. He had just moved them into a nice little house. I’m not going into details of everything that goes along with that.

We can’t always control emotions and all the reasons we fall in love. EG was at one time a beautiful woman. She was probably good at relations. I’m not going into that here.

She was also many other things. A drug addict who used long term. A. Violent deceitful woman, that all of us her already know the details so I’m not repeating them.

Did JH know? Most of us think he should have. I think somewhere in his mind he did. But denial is pretty powerful when love passion and sex is involved.

Lucas went missing, and JH made an 11 hour trip home to deal with it. I can’t imagine the thoughts he had in that trip.

He was questioned for hours after arriving home. He had to bring EG back to be questioned by le twice and the second or third time she didn’t return home. She was arrested. I can’t think about the muddled thoughts he must have had then.

Denial again.
JH had come so far working so hard to make a better life for his family.

Yes there was violence and that had never been a part of any relationship before and he spent time avoiding it but at times EG was uncontrollable. There was no reconciliation between their apparent love and passion and the violent Emily that exploded.

Today he knows it might be due to withdrawal. She didn’t use meth when he was home, and he didn’t know she stuffed it into herself as soon as he pulled out if the driveway headed to work in New Mexico.

She was high before he reached the on ramp to the interstate a short distance from home. Headed south he made the transition from father and lover to breadwinner during the drive before him. He was working toward a goal and getting EG boys back into their family. That would make her happy and when she was happy allcif the problems would disappear.

We now know that Lucas was dead. EG had put all the scheming details into place. She had driven him into another county under a different jurisdiction under a bridge and probably in water so he would fade away just as she had planned.

For 96 days EG knew exactly where he was. She listened to JH share all the pain he endured. Pain she was responsible for, pain she inflicted on an entire community.

One cell at a time being carried away by water wind and the elements. She most likely knew that he had no damage to his skeleton. The only part if Lucas she had damaged was soft tissue. My guess was she had researched decomposition on the internet. She had to know how long it would take for any abuse evidence to rot away. And I believe she had one of her drug infested buddies check.

EG s admission to the pi was no mistake. She knew there was not enough left of Lucas to prove anything against her.

She still believed she would get out if this with minimal charges maybe abuse Of a corpse or improper disposal of remains.

In the meantime JH was forced to cope with all the massive devastation of losing all hope for his son. The son who fought just to live. The son he had held in his arms and willed to live for months after he had been born.

There would be no 6th birthday celebration for Lucas. He had been dead for 3 months.

The public sentiment became a daily battle to read and ignore. Men try to be strong but I think JH sought isolation to cope with the hundreds of emotions he had to experience.

Every time he appeared social media lit up. And nothing being posted was kind.

There is no instruction book that gives us guidance to deal with the death of a child, and nothing socially acceptable to mourn the cold hard facts of a lover responsible for the ultimate misery she had caused.

Then EG decided to kill herself and she planned that to the most minute detail as well. His house, his gun and the last image of her, brains blown all over.

Most overwhelming was the undoubted realization JH knew. Lucas died at the hand of a drug addled lover he met, fell deeply in love with, and he brought her into his home.

Reconciling the Emily he believed he knew and trusted with the cold hard conniving murderer of his son is nearly to much to bear.

It has now become a part of his very being, something that comes with each breath. The Self imposed guilt has no bars, and he faces public judgement every time he tries to live a normal life.

The barriers JH lives with are worse than any prison. A jail term would hold a release date. There is no release imposed for Lucas being dead. He is gone and Emily will never share the truth.

No one can help him live normally Lucas is forever gone and even memories tainted by guilt.

My question is has he suffered enough?

Guilty or innocent of knowing EG had abused his son, when us the punishment enough? JH will live with all of this every day he’s alive.

JH is in prison forever.

When is enough enough. ????????

Last edited:
I think they didn’t charge and released her because they didn’t have quite all their ducks in a row and didn’t want to share with her attorney through discovery until those ducks were in the right position.

I think they didn’t charge and released her because they didn’t have quite all their ducks in a row and didn’t want to share with her attorney through discovery until those ducks were in the right position.

I have to agree with this. Surely she would have eventually been arrested for several charges, tampering with evidence, false police report, concealing a body, obstruction of justice.......I just don't think they had enough to pin murder on her. I also think they weren't and aren't sure she didn't have an accomplice.

Some of us have nearly lost children or have lost children. Even when they are older the pain never subsided when you are the parent.

God isn’t a part of what I’m writing today and that’s difficult for me because I believe in him.

JH spent 2/3 of his time at his job trying to improve their economic situation. He had just moved them into a nice little house. I’m not going into details of everything that goes along with that.

We can’t always control emotions and all the reasons we fall in love. EG was at one time a beautiful woman. She was probably good at relations. I’m not going into that here.

She was also many other things. A drug addict who used long term. A. Violent deceitful woman, that all of us her already know the details so I’m not repeating them.

Did JH know? Most of us think he should have. I think somewhere in his mind he did. But denial is pretty powerful when love passion and sex is involved.

Lucas went missing, and JH made an 11 hour trip home to deal with it. I can’t imagine the thoughts he had in that trip.

He was questioned for hours after arriving home. He had to bring EG back to be questioned by le twice and the second or third time she didn’t return home. She was arrested. I can’t think about the muddled thoughts he must have had then.

Denial again.

Yes there was violence and that had never been a part of any relationship before and he spent time avoiding it but at times EG was uncontrollable. There was no reconciliation between their apparent love and passion and the violent Emily that exploded.

Today he knows it might be due to withdrawal. She didn’t use meth when he was home, and he didn’t know she stuffed it into herself as soon as he pulled out if the driveway headed to work in New Mexico.

She was high before he reached the on ramp to the interstate a short distance from home. Headed south he made the transition from father and lover to breadwinner during the drive before him. He was working toward a goal and getting EG boys back into their family. That would make her happy and when she was happy allcif the problems would disappear.

We now know that Lucas was dead. EG had put all the scheming details into place. She had driven him into another county under a different jurisdiction under a bridge and probably in water so he would fade away just as she had planned.

For 96 days EG knew exactly where he was. She listened to JH share all the pain he endured. Pain she was responsible for, pain she inflicted on an entire community.

One cell at a time being carried away by water wind and the elements. She most likely knew that he had no damage to his skeleton. The only part if Lucas she had damaged was soft tissue. My guess was she had researched decomposition on the internet. She had to know how long it would take for any abuse evidence to rot away. And I believe she had one of her drug infested buddies check.

EG s admission to the pi was no mistake. She knew there was not enough left of Lucas to prove anything against her.

She still believed she would get out if this with minimal charges maybe abuse Of a corpse or improper disposal of remains.

In the meantime JH was forced to cope with all the massive devastation of losing all hope for his son. The son who fought just to live. The son he had held in his arms and willed to live for months after he had been born.

There would be no 6th birthday celebration for Lucas. He had been dead for 3 months.

The public sentiment became a daily battle to read and ignore. Men try to be strong but I think JH sought isolation to cope with the hundreds of emotions he had to experience.

There is no instruction book that gives us guidance to deal with the death of a child, and nothing socially acceptable to mourn the cold hard facts of a lover responsible for the ultimate misery she had caused.

Then EG decided to kill herself and she planned that to the most minute detail as well. His house, his gun and the last image of her, brains blown all over.

Most overwhelming was the undoubted realization JH knew. Lucas died at the hand of a drug addled lover he met, fell deeply in love with, and he brought her into his home.

Reconciling the Emily he believed he knew and trusted with the cold hard conniving murderer of his son is nearly to much to bear.

It has now become a part of his very being, something that comes with each breath. The Self imposed guilt has no bars, and he faces public judgement every time he tries to live a normal life.

The barriers JH lives with are worse than any prison. A jail term would hold a release date. There is no release imposed for Lucas being dead. He is gone and Emily will never share the truth.

No one can help him live normally Lucas is forever gone and even memories tainted by guilt.

Guilty or innocent of knowing EG had abused his son, when us the punishment enough? JH will live with all of this every day he’s alive.

JH is in prison forever.

WOW. I am speechless. You very eloquently put the words to page and expressed my every thought. I could not agree more.

Here is a comment from the Wichita Eagle Opinion Line.

"What if little Lucas Hernandez died from complications of falling off playground equipment and Emily Glass was innocent? Did Emily take her life because she couldn’t take the pressure? And what does that say about the rush to judgment?"

Read more here: Opinion Line (July 5)
Opinion Line (July 5)
What if these people stop covering for E.G.? What if these people face the facts?

Denial again.

JH is in prison forever.

You aren’t getting any trouble from me! You explained everything I’ve been thinking. Thank you!

I'm probably one of the cold hearted ones on here. I have no sympathy for a man who turned a blind eye to his son's abuse. He stopped Lucas from seeing or talking to those who truly loved him because they tried to get JH to open his eyes up to the abuse his son was living through day after day.

He pretty much through Jamie under the bus several times. She had a for both him and her to help raise money to help them pay bills, then he insisted she take his name off it after awhile, leaving her to take a lot of criticism for it. Now he's promoting a to help him move and now pay hospital bills, with the help of his mother, who started the originally to help get his daughter back.

Lucas was and always will be, my only concern in this case. As well as the other children involved in EG and JH's life. MH, in my opinion, should be adopted out, far away from this mess her parents made of their lives, costing Lucas his own. She deserves better than this. I know one day she could always look up who her parents are and what happened, but hopefully, by then, she would be a healthy and happy adult and could handle the truth then. Making her stay with family or trying to get custody of her is only going to hurt this poor darling down the road. Kids are cruel, even some family members can be cruel. They will hurt her over and over again for her mother being a child killer while her loving father let it happen.

I don't wish anything bad to JH, but kindly go away with begging for financial help so he can mess up his life even more. People around him are enabling him, this man will never learn to be accountable for his own actions unless the handouts are stopped and he is left to stand on his own two feet.

Cripes, he cared more about Emily being homeless than his son being left under a bridge. Strange coincidence, if you ask me, that he just so happened to go home that same night she killed herself. Whatever. What is done is done. No sense in dwelling on this anymore. I will check to see what the DA has to say, but I doubt we're going to learn anything new, if at all. Emily is dead, and the truth died with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member