Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the abuse noted by the school nurse, it sounds like a lot of passing the buck. The school says it followed protocol which the protocol states LE or DCFS must be notified in suspected abuse cases. The newspaper says it couldn't find a 911 report from the police. DCFS says they weren't notified. The call may not have been a 911 call though. It could have been a direct call to the LE, not all LE calls are 911. Thus the newspaper wouldn't see that call, even if it did happen.

DCFS has been in boiling water because of the recent deaths. Of course it's not their fault....

Lucas fell through the huge cervices within the system, a system that wouldn't be needed if parents would be parents...but there's no way to force someone to be a parent. Sigh.

The school may have submitted the report online as there is an online option to report for Mandated Reporters only.

Reporting Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of Adult and Child - Prevention and Protection Services

Whatever was going on during that period in July and August, whoever reported it felt Lucas wasn't being cared for. From what you bolded, Jamie was the one either not caring for Lucas, or wasn't working to better the situation. So DCFS provided her with the services to be a better mother, and to keep Lucas within the family.
This pink elephant in the room keeps bugging me. Always has. Something has been rotten in Denmark from the get go and that allowed JH to put Lucas in any situation he decided to.

Family Preservation Contracts - Prevention and Protection Services

Prevention and Protection Services offers a variety of prevention programs to support and maintain families, reducing the number of children placed in the custody of the Secretary of the Department of Children and Families. One of these services is Family Preservation.

Intensive in-home services are provided through a contract with a Child Welfare Case Management Provider. Supports and services are offered to pregnant women using substances and to families. Services to families are focused on the entire family to address issues which the family identifies together with the Provider. Services are designed to assist pregnant women and families to overcome problems which may, if not effectively resolved, lead to placement of the newborn or child(ren) into out-of-home care.

This pink elephant in the room keeps bugging me. Always has. Something has been rotten in Denmark from the get go and that allowed JH to put Lucas in any situation he decided to.

I will agree to this, if we change it to BOTH parents allowed Lucas in any situation they decided to. Lucas wasn't given a chance with the parents he had.

They wouldn't see signs of abuse if it smacked them upside the head.
The incompetence is mind boggling.
Exactly what would the criteria be for them to determine enough evidence existed of abuse? The three little boys murdered just this year were all on their radar but no action was taken for any of them. How can they hide behind some procedural bs rule that allows them not be considered culpable? What good are they?

I'm probably one of the cold hearted ones on here. I have no sympathy for a man who turned a blind eye to his son's abuse. He stopped Lucas from seeing or talking to those who truly loved him because they tried to get JH to open his eyes up to the abuse his son was living through day after day.

He pretty much through Jamie under the bus several times. She had a for both him and her to help raise money to help them pay bills, then he insisted she take his name off it after awhile, leaving her to take a lot of criticism for it. Now he's promoting a to help him move and now pay hospital bills, with the help of his mother, who started the originally to help get his daughter back.

Lucas was and always will be, my only concern in this case. As well as the other children involved in EG and JH's life. MH, in my opinion, should be adopted out, far away from this mess her parents made of their lives, costing Lucas his own. She deserves better than this. I know one day she could always look up who her parents are and what happened, but hopefully, by then, she would be a healthy and happy adult and could handle the truth then. Making her stay with family or trying to get custody of her is only going to hurt this poor darling down the road. Kids are cruel, even some family members can be cruel. They will hurt her over and over again for her mother being a child killer while her loving father let it happen.

I don't wish anything bad to JH, but kindly go away with begging for financial help so he can mess up his life even more. People around him are enabling him, this man will never learn to be accountable for his own actions unless the handouts are stopped and he is left to stand on his own two feet.

Cripes, he cared more about Emily being homeless than his son being left under a bridge. Strange coincidence, if you ask me, that he just so happened to go home that same night she killed herself. Whatever. What is done is done. No sense in dwelling on this anymore. I will check to see what the DA has to say, but I doubt we're going to learn anything new, if at all. Emily is dead, and the truth died with her.
I'm right there with you on this. IMO, we still do not know if or when fatal abuse was done against Lucas. It could have taken him a long time to die from any injuries. He could have received the injuries when JH was present. JMO

It's always bugged me too. Big time. Fact is, it's really stinking obvious (and has been all along) that this poor little boy didn't have a single responsible parent to take care of him or that did what parents do and put HIM first. It was never all this person being hateful/abusive, or that person being neglectful and/or abusive. They all played a role in letting this child down. Unless JH attends some kind of parenting classes and can prove that he's a responsible, reliable, drug free caretaker, I don't think he should ever be allowed to have custody of MH. She deserves better.

moo.

[QUOTE="Charliegizmo49, post: )

My question is has he suffered enough?

Guilty or innocent of knowing EG had abused his son, when us the punishment enough? JH will live with all of this every day he’s alive.

JH is in prison forever.

When is enough enough. ????????[/QUOTE]

IMHO ONLY Lucas suffered MORE in his five short years than JH ever will even if he lives to be 100.

Lucas was a little boy. Defenseless, vulnerable, unprotected little boy.

I thought a family member had Lucas from 6 months until JH got him at around a year old. Jamie didn’t lose custody but gave up physical custody. She and JH shared custody at the point that he got him back with visitation at his discretion.

I don’t know or necessarily understand the distinction but I’ve read and/or heard the distinction made more than once.

I’m not sure how I messed up my reply to this but it’s in italics like everything else and is contains in the box instead of below like normal. Who knows what I did, I’ve been trying to pass a kidney stone all night and my head is foggy af. Sorry to all for my dinginess.
ETA and now my reply to my reply ended up all by itself. I give up, going back to bed. Zzzzz
So sorry about your kidney stone- feel better soon!

Poor Lucas, failed from the very begining. I know this is victim friends forum but it's so hard not to be judgemental towards both of his parents after reading this
I'm with you; in my mind an abuser doesn't become a victim just because the abused child is murdered by the newest abuser in the club.

7 months! What took place prior to Lucas showing up on DCF's radar? I get queasy even trying to guess. Lucas was doomed from the beginning and I can only hope he experienced some happiness from his extended family and it makes me sick to think that he left this world wondering why Emily hated him and why his daddy didn't protect him.

IMO every penny of JH's GFMs will be spent on drugs.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that his mom lost custody of him at 6 months old.
I could be wrong, but I believe it was one of our VI's that mentioned this- that Lucas was in custody from 6 months until he was around 2 and 1/2 to 3 years old, living at a great aunts house?

While Jamie had partial custody (when Jonathan regained custody), I believe hers was on a visitation basis, or a night here or there. Jamie mentioned herself in an interview that she had a personality disorder that caused her to be incapable of raising her children full time. Hopefully, @FindLucasAllen can clarify this information for me, in case I got something wrong.

Breaks my heart, what Lucas lived through, what he suffered through, and eventually died. I don't think we'll ever get real answers to questions bothering all of us- I can't imagine how upsetting that has to be for his loving family members who are seeking the same things we are- they got robbed of knowing the absolute truth. How heartbreaking.

I'm with you; in my mind an abuser doesn't become a victim just because the abused child is murdered by the newest abuser in the club.

7 months! What took place prior to Lucas showing up on DCF's radar? I get queasy even trying to guess. Lucas was doomed from the beginning and I can only hope he experienced some happiness from his extended family and it makes me sick to think that he left this world wondering why Emily hated him and why his daddy didn't protect him.

IMO every penny of JH's GFMs will be spent on drugs.

I couldn't agree with you more on everything you said above. Excellent post.

[QUOTE="Charliegizmo49, post: )

My question is has he suffered enough?

Guilty or innocent of knowing EG had abused his son, when us the punishment enough? JH will live with all of this every day he’s alive.

JH is in prison forever.

When is enough enough. ????????

IMHO ONLY Lucas suffered MORE in his five short years than JH ever will even if he lives to be 100.

Lucas was a little boy. Defenseless, vulnerable, unprotected little boy.[/QUOTE]
Amen! We also don't know if his little sister suffered through anything, she's a baby and can't tell. EG's son suffered an episode at JH's hand. This abuse wasn't new to their relationship- there were several domestic violence situations between EG and JH that I am sure at the very least, Lucas witnessed. So if he wasn't living in fear for himself or his little sister, he lived in fear that perhaps either EG or JH was going to get hurt during those episodes. What an awful way to live, as a child- constant worry and fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy