Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a sort of random comment. LE REALLY needs to clear some details up. That will go a LONG way in dispelling a lot of the rumors and innuendo that has been spreading. I understand they need to keep certain details secret in order to maintain the security of the investigation but details like when and where dad was when Lucas was reported missing, when was the last verified sighting of Lucas (I know about the neighbors report, has LE vetted that report and verified it?), was evidence found to sustain the abuse allegations ?

On the apparent abuse. We can speculate all we want what we see in those pictures but was it the result of abuse? accidents? medical reasons like blood clotting problems or protein insuffiency, how about a possible genetic condition? All these things can appear as abuse but not be, only a physician can verify if an injury is the result of abuse.

Something else about the abuse allegations that is really bugging me. We know DCF received reports from family members with pictures to prove their allegations. From my own experience, when there is proof of abuse of that magnitude DCF will either take the child to their own doctor for examination or require the parents to take the child to a doctor and that doctor needs to supply a report to DCF. What was the result of that examination, is that why DCF released Lucas back into the care of his father, because they found no proof of abuse? I know DCF gets a bad rap but this seems like it'd be a pretty open and shut case of caregiver abuse, an easy win for DCF caseworkers.

Sorry, this stuff has been rattling around my head. Any thoughts on what I said?

Dad may have been home recently, and may affect their timeline if they are wondering when Lucas was taken elsewhere. So I guess it is possible that dad could or could NOT be a suspect. But I agree that releasing that info would be helpful in dispelling rumors, it could also make things harder for him depending on where he was.

As far as the abuse stuff goes, if it was a bunch of he said, she said stuff, then maybe they couldn't prove WHO did it? Or maybe it was something as simple as saying, "Oh he fell." Like, if you push a kid, and they fall and hit their head on concrete (not hard), and it looks like a scrape, that story would match, know what I mean? Unless they get DEEP into it by doing an MRI or brain scan to look for trauma (which they weren't likely to do) then I can see how bruises would be written off as something else, and maybe CPS just believed their stories.

Just my opinion.

Look how thin and sickly he looks in that one! Breaks my freaking heart! I feel like they bought him a costume just to take a picture of him in it to prove they were good parents who let him dress up and go trick or treating like almost all kids do. But he looks so dang sad!!!

JMO

Yes, I think he looks thin and gaunt. I look at that picture and in my fantasy, I want reach into my phone, scoop him up and out, hug him tight and run for the hills..[emoji20][emoji20][emoji22].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oy!

“But the document said Glass still led a troubled life: that she had been accused of stealing her sister’s vehicle, accused of smashing through a window to get into a home where she wasn’t welcome and that “the police are involved.”

Same link
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article201898009.html

I feel like I should point out “accused” from the above. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. (While an innocent little boy goes missing. What a peach! Okay - off to self-imposed time-out I go.)

Feb 23

"Police have not said where Jonathan Hernandez was when the boy was reported missing.

Glass had not had a first court appearance and it was unclear if she has an attorney.

Emily Glass, 26, the stepmother of Lucas Hernandez, was arrested Wednesday and jailed on two counts of endangering a child involving Lucas and another child.

She remained jailed Thursday and has not been officially charged."

http://abc7chicago.com/records-missing-boys-dad-stepmom-had-violent-relationship/3131755/

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Feb 23

Authorities had previously searched the park on Monday, but Officer Paul Cruz said “a new tip” prompted “a strategic search” of a portion of the park Friday afternoon. The search included K-9 units and Sedgwick County Sheriff’s deputies.

“We want to be very thorough,” Cruz said in a media briefing late Friday afternoon. “We want to make sure that we search every inch of this park that was of interest to us.”

The search has hit a dead end, Cruz said.

“At this point, we have no new locations that we identified,” he said.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article201785259.html

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

“The order said that Glass “has used illegal drugs in the past and is forgiven” but warned that any future use would be seen as “a choice by her not to parent” her children. She was not allowed to leave Butler and Sedgwick counties with the children.
The judge also wrote that the “mother has also shown a genuine concern regarding the children’s welfare.”

The court also noted that Glass had a restricted license. She had to have a licensed driver with her to pick up her sons.”

Gah. I can't help but think that EG's ex probably feels like he dodged a bullet. It could have been one of his kids that she hurt. Ugh. What an awful feeling.

Just my opinion.

In the article mentioned above - - -

The court also noted that Glass had a restricted license. She had to have a licensed driver with her to pick up her sons.

How was she taking kids to doctors appointments and such if her license was restricted?

She had a baby on Jan. 10, 2017.

Baby girl is only 13 months old. :(

And wait... if she had supervised visits - why did the neighbors see her with the boys that day? Did she have supervised visits at her home? Maybe that's the guy that the neighbor saw her with? Maybe dad stayed while she visited with the kids and that's the guy that the neighbor saw outside with her?

WAIT: I read that wrong. Sorry.

This is just breaking my heart. Were there any pictures of him that didn't involve bruises? Did he actually attend school looking as he did? I am a teacher and can't imagine the school also did not report the abuse. Unless those calls were ignored...?Honestly, if one of our kiddos showed up to school looking like him I would call the police and have them look directly at him at school.

It makes me sick to my stomach. She had limited time with her own sons, but she was able to be this precious little boys main caregiver? Whenever I am following a case here I think it can't get any worse. And then, sadly, another one comes along.

I cannot wrap my head around it all. He was failed on so many levels. It's really hard to take, and I am thankful that all of you are out there feeling the same way. You are such a comfort.

In the article mentioned above - - -

The court also noted that Glass had a restricted license. She had to have a licensed driver with her to pick up her sons.

How was she taking kids to doctors appointments and such if her license was restricted?

If she has a restricted license, it makes me even more curious about how she was able to move from the apartment to the new place, by herself, with 2 young children. ....SOMEONE had to have helped her manage that.

Was Dad here for the move?

60 guests - go ahead and sign on up and sleuth with us, folks!

Gah. I can't help but think that EG's ex probably feels like he dodged a bullet. It could have been one of his kids that she hurt. Ugh. What an awful feeling.

Just my opinion.

I had thought the same thing. Cases like these just hurt my heart.

If she has a restricted license, it makes me even more curious about how she was able to move from the apartment to the new place, by herself, with 2 young children. ....SOMEONE had to have helped her manage that.

Was Dad here for the move?
No idea! No one (MSM) has released where dad was during any of this.

I had thought the same thing. Cases like these just hurt my heart.

I have gotten SO wrapped up in this case. I have 4 kids, but my youngest will be 5 in May, and I just... ugh. Knowing my little boy, his amazing personality, I just can't imagine hurting a child at all, but especially a child so young, innocent. Blah. It makes me cry.

Poor Lucas! I’m seething with anger right now. With every picture posted that reflects injuries, sadness, and seeing an overall decline, I ... I have no words!
I would like a headcount of all the people that failed this child!
The fact that his family members raised red flags, wrote letters, sent pictures, and tried to advocate for him; and were dismissed breaks my heart.

Oy!

“But the document said Glass still led a troubled life: that she had been accused of stealing her sister’s vehicle, accused of smashing through a window to get into a home where she wasn’t welcome and that “the police are involved.”

Same link
Good grief. For someone who describes herself as a "born empath", she seems to consistently be able to set aside the feelings of others.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lots of new info re: EG in this article.

“On Oct. 16, Butler County District Court Judge David Ricke ordered that Glass could have limited unsupervised time with her two sons. The judge ordered that the boys’ father continue to have sole legal custody.

The court order noted a plan to increase Glass’ parenting time “gradually and hopefully safely.”

Almost caught up. I was so anxious reading earlier today. I'm beginning to wonder if EG doesn't resent JH because he has custody of Lucas and he leaves her to take care (not very well) of Lucas when she can't be with her own bio boys. She is now taking her anger out on Lucas because of that. Also, it seems she has lots of boyfriends and that makes me wonder about baby M since he is gone for long periods of time. Maybe she wanted Lucas and JH out of her life for good and just wanted to hurt JH in the best way she knows how. All IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho