Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was thinking about what I would do if I were Emily. I think she did it on "accident" (in that she hadn't planned it). She also had to have known that she would be the prime suspect and her only chance was to make sure he was never found. I'm not familiar with Wichita, but I live in a city right next to the state line, and my first instinct would be that it would complicate things for LE if I took the body across state lines. Is it possible that she could've thought the same and taken him south to OK?

(I still think she called someone she trusted, met them at that park, and passed the body off to them to hide)

EG must not have realized that she would loose custody of her new daughter if she did harm Lucas. She has already lost custody of her two boys. It doesn’t appear she thinks ahead as to what the consequences of her actions will bring her.

Normally in a missing child case, LE immediately has divers in any water that is close by. Since they are totally ignoring the lakes at the parks that they are focusing on, they must have some kind of information that Lucas is not in the water.

EG being seen out in the garden seems like a big stage opportunity to me. She does not seem like the type person to ever be interested in digging in the dirt! It was all a show, she was hoping a neighbor would see her and she would have an alibi for that time.

I still think someone stayed home with the baby or went with her to bury him, taking the baby with them. JMO.

LE actually had divers in the ponds around Chisholm trail Park, there isn’t a pond at the Glen Dey park but there is a big fishing pond just north of it. We’ve had cold, icy weather so I don’t know if that is the reason they only had diver’s in the one area or not. The biggest problem with checking the water is how anyone would actually get something far enough out into the water without a boat. It isn’t easily accessed by a bridge or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The part I quote from this article still has be wondering:
https://www.kfdi.com/news/search-for-missing-wichita-boy-enters-day-four
"That's why we continue to plea and ask our community, if they saw somebody running with no shoes on a couple days ago"
jmo

This is just bizarre. It's extremely bizarre.
Maybe they found footprints but because they were running they can't identify them?
So they would know someone was running barefoot... but not exactly when or who?

If stepmom ends up responsible for Lucas’ death, I wonder if she’d ever asked herself “What if?”

“What if I ever hit him one too many times, or what if I was unable to control my rage toward him and killed him?” If she ever wondered or worried about the possibility, she might’ve thought of cases of other kids who had died by their caregivers hands and maybe before realizing it kind of kept a file of those incidents in her head, occasionally putting herself in their footsteps “just in case”...giving her a reason to think about what she would do or how best to hide a body. She could’ve more or less planned it in her head never thinking she’d ever really go that far.

I don’t think it was premeditated, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she ever had dark thoughts or subconscious worries about it happening.

Kinda weird but JMO it’s possible.

I know what you mean. Sort of like role playing.
Sort of like when you go over the plan for an emergency.
Similar to a fire drill or an escape plan.
Except you know, kinda sick and twisted.

If you say your child must have walked out the back door, for it to be believable if they were to be found, they would have to be very close to the house. Say in the 1-2 mile range, I would think.

But by saying he walked out the back door opens the possibility of being possibly abducted by a random stranger during his wandering...and if that could be a possibility then a supposed perp could’ve driven him practically anywhere.

Yet neither of these will be an issue or concern for her if she's extremely confident he won't be found.

She's going to crack. She hasn't had the strength of character prior and she won't now. She lost her own sons. She will crack. She's not strong enough nor smart enough not to. jmo

I sure hope you are right.

Is there no side gate or way into the garage? It is unusual not to have some kind of a rear exit, in case of fire, etc.

There is a gate on the side by the garage, but the backyard fence has a shrubs and trees growing along it. Just the way it’s set up, you can’t see into the backyard from the street.

LE actually had divers in the ponds around Chisholm trail Park, there isn’t a pond at the Glen Dey park but there is a big fishing pond just north of it. We’ve had cold, icy weather so I don’t know if that is the reason they only had diver’s in the one area or not. The biggest problem with checking the water is how anyone would actually get something far enough out into the water without a boat. It isn’t easily accessed by a bridge or anything.

Where did you see that they had divers in the water?

EG must not have realized that she would loose custody of her new daughter if she did harm Lucas. She has already lost custody of her two boys. It doesn’t appear she thinks ahead as to what the consequences of her actions will bring her.

Normally in a missing child case, LE immediately has divers in any water that is close by. Since they are totally ignoring the lakes at the parks that they are focusing on, they must have some kind of information that Lucas is not in the water.

EG being seen out in the garden seems like a big stage opportunity to me. She does not seem like the type person to ever be interested in digging in the dirt! It was all a show, she was hoping a neighbor would see her and she would have an alibi for that time.

I still think someone stayed home with the baby or went with her to bury him, taking the baby with them. JMO.
Which is what made me think that she was picking up cigarette butts in the front yard. (DNA)
Someone else was there at the time.
Even she would know that!
IMO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don’t think the dirty feet would be suspicious...

If I realized my son was missing I wouldn’t take the time to put on shoes before running outside.

I wonder if she is claiming to have run several blocks in her barefeet looking for him that day before going to the neighbors? But perhaps something about her story didn't seem right and they are looking for anyone who saw her running barefoot?

I'm sure this is going to sound dumb... but that's a pretty big deck in the backyard. LE searched the property well, I'm assuming? Lifting up boards and such?

So, I was thinking about what I would do if I were Emily. I think she did it on "accident" (in that she hadn't planned it). She also had to have known that she would be the prime suspect and her only chance was to make sure he was never found. I'm not familiar with Wichita, but I live in a city right next to the state line, and my first instinct would be that it would complicate things for LE if I took the body across state lines. Is it possible that she could've thought the same and taken him south to OK?

(I still think she called someone she trusted, met them at that park, and passed the body off to them to hide)
I agree. I also don't see a child running from a home he has only lived in for a week. He wouldn't know the area.
Had he run from the apartment, I could believe that. Not from a new home, and not out the BACK door.
Moo
ETA: Another thought, could there have been muddy footprints in the home or a garage?
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tomorrow's weather forecast is for 65 degrees.....LE has had the weekend to regroup, discuss, re-interview, and maybe get some rest, etc. Hopefully, there will be new action or a resolution soon.

Where did you see that they had divers in the water?

It was on one of the news stations early on. I will look up which one.

I am going to throw out a seemingly random idea of a possibility where Lucas could have been placed....

But... BeIieve it or not... Some perps (I can think of two cases I have followed, though not the names, unfortunately)...

Have placed their victims in cemeteries...

Is there a cemetery fairly close to the "old" appt. and/or the "new" house?

Old cemeteries can have old growth in which to hide bodies...

And/or there could be some type of symbolism in the decision...

THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT!!!
I have heard NOTHING in THIS case to lead me to this idea...
I am just referencing past cases...

I think you may be right. From what has come out about her along with the fact that she still hasn't given up any info to LE even after this many days locked up, I think she may pride herself on the thought that she is a step ahead of everyone. A narcissist even.

It doesn't make sense to me that this would be premeditated. I think the death happened without intent somehow, though definitely her fault. Because of the window of time she had plenty of opportunity to stop and think of a "smart" way to conceal the body. I don't think she haphazardly dumped him somewhere. Either she put a lot of thought into it, or she put him somewhere to hide until she could get back to him when not under everyone's radar. I'm guessing she didn't exactly see these endangerment charges coming.

I am hoping that once LE has investigated her computers (if they haven't done so already) they find revealing searches she made in regards to such things as:

Hiding bodies...
Ways to conceal evidence...
More?

:please:

I am going to throw out a seemingly random idea of a possibility where Lucas could have been placed....

But... BeIieve it or not... Some perps (I can think of two cases I have followed, though not the names, unfortunately)...

Have placed their victims in cemeteries...

Is there a cemetery fairly close to the "old" appt. and/or the "new" house?

Old cemeteries can have old growth in which to hide bodies...

And/or there could be some type of symbolism in the decision...

THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT!!!
I have heard NOTHING in THIS case to lead me to this idea...
I am just referencing past cases...

There are many cemeteries in the area, Wichita is a very big place. Plus we have a lot of small communities close by that are very easy to get to quickly. As cold as the ground has been here, digging would be a very difficult thing to do. Our soil is like clay, that’s why I think looking in the thick grass and wooded areas around the city is a more likely a place to search.

There are many cemeteries in the area, Wichita is a very big place. Plus we have a lot of small communities close by that are very easy to get to quickly. As cold as the ground has been here, digging would be a very difficult thing to do. Our soil is like clay, that’s why I think looking in the thick grass and wooded areas around the city is a more likely a place to search.

Both cases I followed the victims were placed above ground...
but in plant growth... IIRC...

There was no digging involved...

Both cases I followed the victims were placed above ground...
but in plant growth... IIRC...

There was no digging involved...

Gotcha. Most of the cemeteries in town are locked up at night but I can’t say for sure all are like that. It’s definitely not out of the question as potential places to check.

Hi everyone, I’m new here and registered because I’ve been following this case.

Does anyone know why they don’t think it was an abduction?

At first, it was really odd to me that the father was not showing his face or pleading with the public for help finding his son. Then I saw the interview he gave the other night and my gut said he did not harm the child.

I was reading about the girlfriends past drug use and honestly, what if she started using again and was “sleeping” for way longer than she realized? It could have been hours and hours. Are the child endangerment charges because she was doing drugs while watching the 2 kids? It seems totally plausible to me that she shot up, passed out, and Lucas became bored/hungry/curious and just went outside. I mean, plenty of 5 year old boys would do just that.

He could have either been abducted, or else fallen in the creek and drowned. It looks like there is a creek almost across the street from his house.

Hi everyone, I’m new here and registered because I’ve been following this case.

Does anyone know why they don’t think it was an abduction?

At first, it was really odd to me that the father was not showing his face or pleading with the public for help finding his son. Then I saw the interview he gave the other night and my gut said he did not harm the child.

I was reading about the girlfriends past drug use and honestly, what if she started using again and was “sleeping” for way longer than she realized? It could have been hours and hours. Are the child endangerment charges because she was doing drugs while watching the 2 kids? It seems totally plausible to me that she shot up, passed out, and Lucas became bored/hungry/curious and just went outside. I mean, plenty of 5 year old boys would do just that.

He could have either been abducted, or else fallen in the creek and drowned. It looks like there is a creek almost across the street from his house.

Not sure why they don't think it was an abduction, except for the fact that they probably have evidence that it doesn't match up with an abduction.

We are not sure about drug use, as nothing like that has been confirmed. No past charges for drug abuse, etc. We are also unsure about where the child endangerment charges came from, but she has charges for Lucas, as well as charges for her daughter.

Most of us believe that he did not really leave on his own. With the awful history of abuse, per many family members, it is unlikely that she didn't harm him (as far as our opinions are concerned). BUT, we also know that anything is possible, and the BIGGEST thing is that we just want him found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeloocee