Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the complete house number of the home he went missing from? All I know is 600 block of Edgemoor.
I'd like to take a gander at the Zillow.
TIA

In October 2011 in VA an eight year old was found alive after 5 days. He had wandered off from his Dad and dad's GF while hiking.
https://www.cnn.com/2011/10/28/us/virginia--autistic-boy-found/index.html

Have LE called this a homicide investigation? Do we have to give up all hope? Or is it more inhumane to keep hope alive at this point?

Was he abused at home by a woman who has previous violent episodes with the father? I hope not, for that child's sake and am glad he survived. I think we all want Lucas found alive, if someone doesn't, that would be cruel and sadistic, no? Also, Lucas has been missing now three days longer than this other child. They also knew where that child was last seen. BIG difference!

I wonder if the LE talked with the two older children the neighbor mentioned playing with his children, just my thoughts a child looks and listens more than one thinks.

Hey everyone, long time. I'm wondering if dad was planning on taking Lucas and possibly his new baby, and reunite with bio mom? If bio mom let it slip to the gf that is the case, gf might have wanted revenge. Back in December bio mom and gf had an altercation. Didn't bio mom move to Oklahoma shortly after that, which is close to where dad works? Just a thought.

I feel like the body language in the interview goes against this idea. She is as far from his as she can be on the couch. I can’t imagine the pain her and Lucas’ family are going through right now. This poor boy. Hoping today is the day they find little Lucas 🌺

Was he abused at home by a woman who has previous violent episodes with the father? I hope not, for that child's sake and am glad he survived. I think we all want Lucas found alive, if someone doesn't, that would be cruel and sadistic, no? Also, Lucas has been missing now three days longer than this other child. They also knew where that child was last seen. BIG difference!

Thank you. I hear you. I have Mariah in my mind where iirc they called it homicide once they had made an arrest.

I think I always want it to be the dingo, you know? It is hard to realize the extent of the evil that exists all around us. I'm still pretty new to following these in real time, though I've followed true crime in various forms for most of my adult life.

Thank you. I hear you. I have Mariah in my mind where iirc they called it homicide once they had made an arrest.

I think I always want it to be the dingo, you know? It is hard to realize the extent of the evil that exists all around us. I'm still pretty new to following these in real time, though I've followed true crime in various forms for most of my adult life.

BBM. Always. Never seems to be though.

It will be interesting to find out if she had enough of a maternal instinct to wrap him in a blanket...sadly, I don’t think she did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, I think the only blanket she'd think to use would be a camouflaged one. :(

So she will be in court. They were saying she's not on the docket

I couldn't find on her on the docket either.
ETA I've been monitoring KAKE and I haven't
heard any mention of this case so far today:(

My heart wants him alive, safe and sound. I loved Midge Montana's idea of some elderly lady with dementia taking him in, thinking he was her son and spoiling him rotten with love. That would be a perfect scenario, where she has no clue he's a missing child and he gets away from an abusive monster.

Unfortunately, my head takes over and says, no way could he be alive after 8 days without food, shelter, water, warm clothing. Locals have given the weather reports day by day since he went missing- a few of those days were too cold for a child that age to survive. Also taking in how small he is- not enough body fat on him to help keep him warm for a couple of days. No shoes on his feet- his shoes were found in his bedroom.

Your heart is in the right place, and honestly, you could be right. Lucas may very well be out there somewhere in the wilderness, roaming around and figuring out ways to survive. That is a positive scenario, and better than what we're all thinking.

The only other thing I can think of is that EG could have sold him into sex trafficking or something else. No evidence yet to suggest this, but if that were the case, he could still be alive, but in what condition is anyone's guess. Especially if he's being abused more.

I feel like the body language in the interview goes against this idea. She is as far from his as she can be on the couch. I can’t imagine the pain her and Lucas’ family are going through right now. This poor boy. Hoping today is the day they find little Lucas [emoji259]

Something the bio mom keeps saying sounds like a guilt trip. She states that Lucas says “he wants to be like his daddy”. Maybe it’s just my imagination, but I feel like she is trying to make him feel guilty so he starts telling the truth about whatever he knows? If I were in her shoes, I don’t think I’d be able to tell anyone that, even if it’s true. I’d be so angry with the bio dad for the abuse he allowed & now with Lucas missing, no way could I hold back my anger. Just thinking out loud, really. MOO

Someone mentioned Ara's case. When I read up on that, the murderer was held for 3 days, but had to walk at the time.

Is that a possibility here with EG not showing up on the docket or whatever? That wouldn't put her back into "victim" status here on WS would it?

There's a searcher with a toddler in their arms :(

I saw that and I was speechless. All I could think was how inappropriate that is, what is she comes across something and the child sees it? :facepalm:

I saw that and I was speechless. All I could think was how inappropriate that is, what is she comes across something and the child sees it? :facepalm:
I felt the same but it goes to show you could carry a child that didn't weigh much through that kind of terrain.
So sad seeing that tho.
jmo

I am just not sure about the search as Chisholm but I do think the search by Cessna is a very good idea. I wish I could be there today and help.

Lady searcher commented that there is barbed wire when the edge gets to the side near 96.

I couldn't find on her on the docket either.
ETA I've been monitoring KAKE and I haven't
heard any mention of this case so far today:(

Wondering what site you're using to search the docket? The Sedgewick county site refuses to load for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho