Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering what site you're using to search the docket? The Sedgewick county site refuses to load for me.

I wonder if that is because you are not in the US?

ETA: I say that only because I think Niner has this issue occasionally.

In October 2011 in VA an eight year old was found alive after 5 days. He had wandered off from his Dad and dad's GF while hiking.
https://www.cnn.com/2011/10/28/us/virginia--autistic-boy-found/index.html

Have LE called this a homicide investigation? Do we have to give up all hope? Or is it more inhumane to keep hope alive at this point?

I’m still hoping, just being quiet about it & praying❤️
From what I understand, LE said “criminal investigation”. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something the bio mom keeps saying sounds like a guilt trip. She states that Lucas says “he wants to be like his daddy”. Maybe it’s just my imagination, but I feel like she is trying to make him feel guilty so he starts telling the truth about whatever he knows? If I were in her shoes, I don’t think I’d be able to tell anyone that, even if it’s true. I’d be so angry with the bio dad for the abuse he allowed & now with Lucas missing, no way could I hold back my anger. Just thinking out loud, really. MOO

I thought about it the last couple of days and thought the same. She didn't look at him when she said it. Whether classy thing to say or guilt trip, she still handled herself very well. If this was my ex whatever, someone would have to be between us- maybe three or four security guards.

Wichita Police daily briefing.
Received info this weekend that they will be searching another location due to new tip coming in. Addressing community searches. Asking that they don't disturb anything.
"As we continue to investigate we will use the resources we have."
Combed thru Chisolm Trail Park very thoroughly.
If evidence is found have finder stand by the evidence.
This new area has not been searched by LE yet. It is in Wichita.
They did use divers Friday at the park.
Watch live
https://www.facebook.com/pg/KAKETV/videos/?ref=page_internal

I wonder if that is because you are not in the US?

It's never been an issue for me before, so I doubt it. Anyway, this dc18 site is working fine. Just the Sedgwick county site not loading.

I thought about it the last couple of days and thought the same. She didn't look at him when she said it. Whether classy thing to say or guilt trip, she still handled herself very well. If this was my ex whatever, someone would have to be between us- maybe three or four security guards.

I agree completely. Exactly!

I'm so glad they received what they consider to be a credible tip over the weekend. They are going to search in a new spot later today in Wichita. Would not say if residential or not.
Will be interesting to see where they search.
jmo

I thought she was trying to say "he wants to be *a whatever job JH does* like his daddy, rather than "he wants to be like his daddy". Didn't she look over or gesture over to JH when she said it, with a kind of laughing sob? I don't think it was guilt-tripping.

She did look like she was finding it very, very hard to be there, and to have to sit next to JH.

I thought he seemed to be half-way out of his denial when he said that he'd have to live with the fact he'd made a bad decision (with EG) for the rest of his life (terrible paraphrasing but I think that's what he was alluding to).

There was obviously a lot they couldn't say due to the active investigation, and that's probably a good thing. I'm sure they have nothing good to say on that subject.

I don't know if JH is still hoping desperately for a positive outcome, but it felt like JO knows what she's waiting for, and I feel terrible for her for that.

It was stated that Lucas was afraid of water. I can’t help but think with EG story about him wandering off, she would know that people would be aware of his fear. It’s possible she put him in water thinking if people believed her story they would not go looking for him there because he was so afraid of it. 😢

I hope the media finds out where the search is and reports on it.

I think searching Chisholm at this point is probably not the best use of time. But if it makes people feel like they are helping then why not, I suppose?

The only other thing I can think of is that EG could have sold him into sex trafficking or something else. No evidence yet to suggest this, but if that were the case, he could still be alive, but in what condition is anyone's guess. Especially if he's being abused more.

I’m not sure if you are familiar with the area but Wichita is a huge spot for sex trafficking. Due to our centralized location in the US you can hop on a highway and be in a large city in a very short amount of time.

Pretty sure that's the one I used.
It was very exhausting reading through all those case numbers with old eyes.

ETA it was this one. Was that the right one?
http://www.dc18.org/courtscheduling/dpc/dpctomorrow.pdf

BBM
O/T tip:
When you want to search for a name or keyword on a page, hold CNTRL and F at the same time (on iMac hold COMMAND and F) and you should get a popup search bar.
Type in say, "Glass" and it will highlight anywhere on the page Glass appears (if any.)

Wichita Police daily briefing.
Received info this weekend that they will be searching another location due to new tip coming in. Addressing community searches. Asking that they don't disturb anything.
"As we continue to investigate we will use the resources we have."
Combed thru Chisolm Trail Park very thoroughly.
If evidence is found have finder stand by the evidence.
This new area has not been searched by LE yet. It is in Wichita.
They did use divers Friday at the park.
Watch live
https://www.facebook.com/pg/KAKETV/videos/?ref=page_internal

Great information- thank you so much.
Good to know they confirmed the divers- I do remember listening in and hearing them say they needed some type of pole for the creek, which had me wondering if there were divers in there. So they ruled that body of water out.

Good luck to LE today in their new search. I know they will do everything in their power to find darling Lucas. If I lived near by, I'd make something special for them to eat to help get them through the day. I'm sure others are taking care of their needs as well.

Has EG lawyered up? That would be interesting to know as they attempt to interrogate her.

I’m not sure if you are familiar with the area but Wichita is a huge spot for sex trafficking. Due to our centralized location in the US you can hop on a highway and be in a large city in a very short amount of time.

After reading Evan Brewer's story, I believe you. Are there statistics that back it up? I can hardly believe there are monsters that torture babies on film, but there it is nearby. I mean, why else would they record it. Again, I'm a bit of a newb. And don't know how typical that is.

Oh man, as I'm typing I'm having horrible thoughts. But if there is this sort of ring out there in that neck of woods, he could still be alive and if they find him SOON maybe more kids can be saved. Ben Ownby style?

Someone TALK!!! Bring Lucas home!

Sorry for speculative post in midst of search.

I hope the media finds out where the search is and reports on it.

I think searching Chisholm at this point is probably not the best use of time. But if it makes people feel like they are helping then why not, I suppose?

I don't mean to bring up a previous case to clutter up this thread, but if you followed Blaze Bernstein's case, then it is quite possible that they missed something to lead them to Lucas. There were several days of searchers, dogs, helicopters, and he was found after those searchers were done days later in that park. In a shallow grave, where people passed by daily along with school kids.

For those searching the docket...When the police spokesperson said they are going to take the case to the DA today...that normally means that they meet with the DA's office and present their evidence to them in full, then the DA will determine whether charges will be filed and what those will be. The DA then will file the charges and the case will be assigned to a judge and put on the docket. This also usually means a time delay will occur, as an attorney will be appointed, if EG does not have one, and that attorney will file for a delay to prepare for the defense and do discovery and interviews of their own.

After reading Evan Brewer's story, I believe you. Are there statistics that back it up? I can hardly believe there are monsters that torture babies on film, but there it is nearby. I mean, why else would they record it. Again, I'm a bit of a newb. And don't know how typical that is.

Oh man, as I'm typing I'm having horrible thoughts. But if there is this sort of ring out there in that neck of woods, he could still be alive and if they find him SOON maybe more kids can be saved. Ben Ownby style?

Someone TALK!!! Bring Lucas home!

Sorry for speculative post in midst of search.

This is a crime that is had to find statistics on since it is so under reported. Here is a good article explaining trafficking in Wichita, though.

http://ictsos.org/what-you-need-to-know-about-sex-trafficking-in-wichita/

This organization does great things to end human trafficking in our city. They are also the organization providing food and supplies to the searchers and LE working Lucas’ case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member