Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fell asleep and missed the news, so thank you to everyone who gave us a glimpse of the interview! I can't wait to watch it in the morning (some silly men think they need to sleep this time of night).

Thanks for the info. So the whole interview was cut to less than 3 minutes. Sometimes msm will release "raw" video that includes the whole interview. That would be great but I don't know if the Wichita stations ever do so.

No mention of EG - maybe the parents were told by LE to avoid speaking about her to the media, especially if they're building a case. MOO.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Lu...about-the-search-for-their-son-475069363.html

YES! Wichita being a small city the jury pool is going to be limited. LE doesn't want anything tainting a potential jury member.

Yeah it's real hard to claim that you had no indications anything like this could happen when 1. You were specifically told of suspected abuse and 2. She was not allowed around her own children for less than stellar parenting.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There's a big gap between suspected abuse and thinking your partner is a child killer.

I’ve been busy for a bit with bed rest and recovery. Was so hoping to hop on today and see he had been found. I have two step-children I would kill to protect and die to save. I just can’t fathom this. Where is Lucas?!

"Had no indications"??? WTF?

As much as I felt JH's pain, I do think he's in denial. He knew things were bad last year. He's been a participant in physical violence with Emily since 2016. He was informed of abuse to his son by Emily in 2017 by relatives in New Mexico. He chose to deny it, bury his head in the sand and cut off those caring family members. As much as I sympathize for his current feelings of grief and loss, I still hold him jointly responsible for this latest tragic event. It's a result of his denial and failure to remove Lucas from a dangerous environment. He had full custody. It was up to him to protect the little guy.

Thank you, ZoriahNZ. Exactly. WTF?

El Dorado Lake is just outside of this. It’s pretty empty this time of year.
Ara Andressian was stuffed into a tree trunk stump outside of a public park. Little Sherin was stuffed into a culvert. I feel EG would do something similar. jmo

Don't laugh, but I had one just like it, lol! Dating myself here.....I love ponchos! Pretty girl there, keeleydog.

I had it too! Same one, I'm sure. Received as a gift from my glamorous aunt. Loved it - and loved seeing it on keeleydoll's daughter!

This brings back memories. I also had a beloved poncho when I was little. About 5-8 years old. It was a fall colored one, with tassels. Oh man, it takes me back. I never wanted to take it off. Wore it everywhere.

I’ve worn all my babies and have woven wraps that would literally allow me to carry a 175lb or more person if I was physically capable. Nobody says anything about a “sleeping” child in a carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is true, I still wear my 2.5 year old a few times a week. However, Emily does not strike me as the baby wearing type. Not even a tiny bit. I don't think she would have had one already, she would have need to acquire one. I'm sure she had a stroller of some kind.

"Had no indications"??? WTF?

As much as I felt JH's pain, I do think he's in denial. He knew things were bad last year. He's been a participant in physical violence with Emily since 2016. He was informed of abuse to his son by Emily in 2017 by relatives in New Mexico. He chose to deny it, bury his head in the sand and cut off those caring family members. As much as I sympathize for his current feelings of grief and loss, I still hold him jointly responsible for this latest tragic event. It's a result of his denial and failure to remove Lucas from a dangerous environment. He had full custody. It was up to him to protect the little guy.

Absolutely agree. So many people would have taken Lucas. He COULD have just dropped him off and worried about paperwork later. The important thing was his safety.

There's a big gap between suspected abuse and thinking your partner is a child killer.

This is true. You get "comfortable" with your denial and justification. You get used to the status quo and never expect it to escalate like that. Just like in an abusive relationship. You don't expect them to actually kill you. It's all so screwed up.

Not to mention maybe keeping herself from physically attacking the dad. If Glass is involved in Lucas' disappearance can you imagine what his mom is feeling inside about him bringing that woman into her son's life? Ugh.

This, yes I can imagine. I've had anger at people for bringing people into my children's lives.... and they did much less than in this case. So I can only imagine multiplying that by a million... I would NOT be able to sit next to him.

Is that a hole in his upper right ear?

Nope it's a picture of an actual photograph which has had a tiny piece torn off.

I'm not fazed by him. I don't know why. It was all about him. How he cooperated with the police, how anyone that knew him would basically vouch for him and the kind of father he is. He must be getting some heat now because he ignored all of his family's concern about Lucas being abused. I thought he looked more guilty because he didn't do anything to stop it. Like the abuse was just going to magically go away by itself if he just shut his eyes........

I could see her pain and restraint. She had the class to say that when Lucas grew up, he wanted to be like his daddy. I'm not so sure I'd be so classy if I tried to warn him along with many other family members that his girlfriend was abusing Lucas and he didn't make the attempt to get Lucas away from her, even if it meant him giving custody to another family member.

I would definitely not be able to say that without then beating the crap out of him. This I am sure of. I'd probably say that and then become completely hysterical and starting beating him up asking why he didn't protect my baby. Yeah.... I wouldn't be that calm.

My granddaughter is 5 years old. She is tall, sliim, extremely active and also a nurturer. If she knew Lucas she would take him under her wing and share her 97% healthy lifestyle at home with him. You know, a few extra treats here and there. She would bring Lucas to my home where the healthy diet would drop a few points and the treats would increase slightly. (Our secret). There would be laughter, trees to climb, fun and hugs. We’re far from perfect; tantrums, timeouts, “that’s so not fair” and so on. I think my granddaughter weighs about 40 pounds. I don’t want to ask her because she will then ask how much I weigh. I’m not prepared for that conversation. Lucas deserves so much.

Is there? :thinking:
If my child was potentially in harms way then I would be doing something about it so it doesn't continue or progress to something more.

YES! Wichita being a small city the jury pool is going to be limited. LE doesn't want anything tainting a potential jury member.

I’ve been following this thread and am a long time Wichita resident. Wichita is the largest city in Kansas and has at the least 500,000 including the surrounding small towns. It is not a small town in size but often feels like it is because the people who live here are wonderful.

Mr. Pink says they do have people on the ground directing the trucks as they back in, etc.

My ex husband has been a trash man in Wichita for almost 20 years, both as a commercial and residential route driver. It would be very hard to hide something being picked up in residential trash. HOWEVER, with commercial, the drivers don’t get out of the truck, instead using a lift in front to be dumped in the back. There have been many cases of homeless people falling asleep in a dumpster, only to find themselves being dumped with everything else. All trucks have a high powered compacted they run to condense the load and maximize space. Once it goes to the transfer station, it’s dumped before getting on a semi to be dumped at least an hour away. Unfortunately because the trucks are so loud, anyone stuck inside these trucks aren’t easily heard. People have been known to throw away dead animals in dumpsters at apartment buildings all the time. It is very possible to have a young child being dumped and no one would notice.

My ex husband has been a trash man in Wichita for almost 20 years, both as a commercial and residential route driver. It would be very hard to hide something being picked up in residential trash. HOWEVER, with commercial, the drivers don’t get out of the truck, instead using a lift in front to be dumped in the back. There have been many cases of homeless people falling asleep in a dumpster, only to find themselves being dumped with everything else. All trucks have a high powered compacted they run to condense the load and maximize space. Once it goes to the transfer station, it’s dumped before getting on a semi to be dumped at least an hour away. Unfortunately because the trucks are so loud, anyone stuck inside these trucks aren’t easily heard. People have been known to throw away dead animals in dumpsters at apartment buildings all the time. It is very possible to have a young child being dumped and no one would notice.

Thank you ESO. I have heard of people that dispose of their pets this way, but I can’t imagine disposing a human being like trash. Actually, truth be told, I can’t imagine just tossing a pet down a garbage chute either.

Yeah it's real hard to claim that you had no indications anything like this could happen when 1. You were specifically told of suspected abuse and 2. She was not allowed around her own children for less than stellar parenting.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

And 3. You were actually a victim of her violent behavior on more than one occasion.

I’ve been busy for a bit with bed rest and recovery. Was so hoping to hop on today and see he had been found. I have two step-children I would kill to protect and die to save. I just can’t fathom this. Where is Lucas?!
Hope your recovery is going good!

I do wonder if Lucas did something "child like" towards his little sister as siblings do. EG being protected over her own "flesh and blood" daughter got angry and the punishment went overboard and took his life.
Sad to write the above.
Now EG may never hold or raise her daughter. I say karma. I guess she didn't think that out.

I'm thinking wherever the disposal was made, that it was done at night -- possibly Friday (Feb. 16) or wee hours of Saturday (Feb. 17) -- close to home, without baby in tow. Quick trip and back to the house. Shower. Tried to sleep, but couldn't. Tossed and turned. Finally, dozed off, then slept until 3 p.m. Then, "searched" for Lucas until 6:00 p.m. Went next door to neighbor to ask if they had seen Lucas and to tell them to call 911. Ran back home and called 911; it looks better if you report it yourself.

(This reminds me of when Mark Redwine "took a nap". And Malik Drummond's dad took a nap as well, after his girlfriend "took a bath"....)

Thank you ESO. I have heard of people that dispose of their pets this way, but I can’t imagine disposing a human being like trash. Actually, truth be told, I can’t imagine just tossing a pet down a garbage chute either.

We used to talk alot about the possibility that someone could dump a body without anyone noticing, and it would be even easier to put a child’s body in a dumpster without anyone noticing. The biggest problem is that the trash gets so compacted in the truck that it’s not easy to sort thru. Plus, the commercial dumpsters are emptied very early in the morning, starting around 2:00 am. Driver’s don’t see what’s in the dumpsters because the lift goes over the hood of the truck. There was a case recently where someone was crushed and he had no way to call out for help. I do know that the commercial driver’s will be thoroughly checking dumpsters these next few weeks. specifically looking in apartment complex dumpsters because most don’t have locks on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member