Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how they found out about the possible drug use on Friday the 16th? Where was she when she was busted??? Someone has to know where she may go to do drugs. That's where the search should also be. Maybe someone came forward or something. IMO

More often than not, these types of missing children cases make me have a deeper appreciation for my parents and the type of childhood/upbringing that they provided me.

Although there is of course the cases where no one could see something so tragic on the horizon, so often it seems these kids have not simply broken homes but they're often tossed around between parents, relatives, state custody etc. due to their parents falling way short and making bad decisions early on.

Those bad decisions often continue, either exactly the same as before or simply take a new form and become a new, different set of bad circumstances that the child has to deal with. Sad. Especially sad when the parents aren't able to realize the domino effect of their (often multiple amounts of) poor decision making.

Lucas needs to be found. The world owes him at least that much.

For those of you who think he's located "not far from home", why do you think so?

I think he may be on the outskirts of her neighborhood, but here's the part where I struggle. The was no sign of Lucas from the scent or cadaver dogs in the house or in her car (that we know of anyway). So if the crime scene is close to home, where do you think he might've possibly been killed at? I'm finding it hard to think of potential crime scenes. Also, many of you have stated you believe that because the area is familiar to her...but she'd only lived there for a very short time, so if we're talking about the new apartment I'd think a lot of places nearby probably weren't too familiar to her yet.

Upon doing my own sleuthing, I've noticed that there are restaurants not too far away. I asked a couple of folks if the dumpsters behind them were gated and locked like some restaurants and stores do, and they said they weren't. It would be so easy to place a child in a bag or box and place them in a dumpster overnight when all is quiet. Contrary to what many might believe, not all places have security cameras.

Do we know that dogs have been in the house? There's no need to cite articles or anything, I'm just wanting to double check this has in fact been mentioned?
Yes.

"Officers and dogs have searched his home, neighborhood and the 216-acre Chisholm Creek Park. Officer Charley Davidson said Sunday that police have found no evidence that suggests Lucas was abducted, which is why no Amber Alert has been issued."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lucas-...her-who-reported-kansas-boy-missing-arrested/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BBM - Is this part new or have I just been missing it?

OOOOoooooo, good catch there, Ms. Fletcher! So she was doing something to endanger the baby at least, in that time period the day before from 4-6 PM. They dropped the charges for Lucas, to which leads me down a path I don't want to take.

I missed it too if it's not new. Quite specific timeframe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two entire hours worth of time the day before she reported him missing, and almost 26 or so hours later, she reported him missing.

If they know a two hour window, the day BEFORE they were alerted to this whole situation, wouldn't that mean they have either a witness or some other sort of concrete evidence? (witness, video, pictures, something?) Possibly the male seen smoking with her came forward to explain why he was there.

OOOOoooooo, good catch there, Ms. Fletcher! So she was doing something to endanger the baby at least, in that time period the day before from 4-6 PM. They dropped the charges for Lucas, to which leads me down a path I don't want to take.

I would bet they have her on CCTV during that time frame or other hard evidence that she left at least the baby alone during that time. This gives me hope that LE knows MUCH more than they’re saying.

I would bet they have her on CCTV during that time frame or other hard evidence that she left at least the baby alone during that time. This gives me hope that LE knows MUCH more than they’re saying.

I wonder if she was getting high somewhere and left the kids at home? Then someone came forward to say they smoked drugs with her that day between 4-6 pm, and when asked who watched the kids, EG admitted she left them home alone. Or perhaps she gave them the name of a friend who was supposedly watching them, which turned out to be untrue.

I wonder how they found out about the possible drug use on Friday the 16th? Where was she when she was busted??? Someone has to know where she may go to do drugs. That's where the search should also be. Maybe someone came forward or something. IMO
and the specific times

Local news --KWCH --just had a former LEO that said he knows that they are using every resource to find Lucas and for people to never ever ever ever ever give up hope.

For those of you who think he's located "not far from home", why do you think so?

To start with, I"m thinking Lucas' death wasn't planned, if that is correct then we're talking about a surprise death that EG wasn't anticipating. She would have panicked, that panic would have been heightened either due to her being high at the time, coming off the high or just general paranoid behavior that is seen with long term drug addicts. In her panic she'd want to get rid of Lucas as quickly as possible, she wouldn't really be thinking of where to put him, she'd put him in the first place she thought of, somewhere familiar that is easily accessible and that lowers her chance of accidentally interacting with law enforcement. SHe isn't going to be traveling a main road with a dead child in the car. So, where to put him? Somewhere near by. I posted a few comments back about a potential spot she could have placed him, it's about 3.5-4 blocks due West of her residence and it runs for a couple of miles south, it's an embankment of some sort, looks like it might be a storm water discharge culvert, there are a couple of roads that cross it with tunnels beneath, one set of tunnels is VERY close and would be easy to get to from the house.

Silly question, but I'm inept when it comes to arrests/charges/the legal portions of cases;

With their originally having 2 counts of endangerment, for both Lucas and the 1 year old but now only for the 1 year old, and now the specific time period of 4-6 pm on the 16th, does that mean that Lucas was definitely alive during that time-frame (hence 2 counts originally?)

Still confused about the second endangerment charge....was it dropped? Does that possibly indicate they gathered evidence after the fact to indicate he was not alive at 4pm on the 16th?

Again, apologies I'm not good at "this stuff"

I would guess she admitted to using drugs around the kids during that time frame, or admitted to doing something, when her story didn't add up. I also don't think the dropped charge for Lucas should lead you down any sort of path. To present the charge in court on Monday, they would have had to disclose evidence. Being there's a more important charge in the making, I assume, they don't want to release any evidence they don't have to, hence leaving the charge relating to Lucas out, at this time. That's a pretty typical tactic, if they don't want information made public yet.

I wish that LE would dig around in the flower bed. February is an odd time to be "gardening" since nothing would actually grow.

If Lucas isn't in the parks, he almost has to be in a body of water or was put into a dumpster. I also know that some people accidentally step over shallow graves or miss them completely. Mandy Matula was buried in a shallow grave and searchers missed it. Then when the ground started to "erode", I guess is one way of putting it, her jacket started poking thru the dirt. And a Boy Scout came across it when he was walking in the woods.

To start with, I"m thinking Lucas' death wasn't planned, if that is correct then we're talking about a surprise death that EG wasn't anticipating. She would have panicked, that panic would have been heightened either due to her being high at the time, coming off the high or just general paranoid behavior that is seen with long term drug addicts. In her panic she'd want to get rid of Lucas as quickly as possible, she wouldn't really be thinking of where to put him, she'd put him in the first place she thought of, somewhere familiar that is easily accessible and that lowers her chance of accidentally interacting with law enforcement. SHe isn't going to be traveling a main road with a dead child in the car. So, where to put him? Somewhere near by. I posted a few comments back about a potential spot she could have placed him, it's about 3.5-4 blocks due West of her residence and it runs for a couple of miles south, it's an embankment of some sort, looks like it might be a storm water discharge culvert, there are a couple of roads that cross it with tunnels beneath, one set of tunnels is VERY close and would be easy to get to from the house.

I agree, she was probably high and panicked.

I had a dream last night they found him in a culvert pipe (I had to find the image in my dream on google lol) not far from home. So what you said gave me goosebumps.

Or, she could have stuffed him in a suitcase and thrown it out on the side of the highway or dropped it in the river. There have been a few cases where children were found in suitcases. Heck, I have heard of women being stuffed inside of suitcases. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...t-wisconsin-suitcase-body-20160331-story.html

Is EG or JH missing a suitcase, I wonder? In some of the pictures on their FB it looks like they have done some traveling. One of them looks like they were up in the Rocky Mountains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018