KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can a person check with the local DMV for a serial number and more information about the truck? Don't know if that info is public record?

The driver of that rig is going to be devastated. I hope he sues the RH family for everything they own. I, myself drive truck, and was in a very serious accident avoiding a four wheeler that drove into my path. I knew if I ran over them they would not have survived 80,000 pounds crushing them. So my truck crashed into a tree to save them. I am almost certain this truck driver, felt the same
The accident will haunt that driver, whether he was injured or not. He or she is yet another victim of some idiot, that deliberately drove into their path. moo

Rita,
I hope you and your brothers are doing okay. The following quote got me through chemo and radiation when I was 15 and I want to share it with you as it has given me strength when the going gets tough:

during times of greatest adversity
do not despair
for crystal rain falls from black clouds

~Nzumi
Thanks for this.
I needed it today.

Hopefully we will have more news this coming week.

GB Patricia Kimmi's family! They have remained so strong.

Is KS a homestead state?

I feel really stupid for asking this, but why do you want to know? I was hoping someone else would ask so I wouldn't have to stick my neck out but my curiousity is getting the best of me.

Evidently everyone else knows why you are asking. Everyone but me.

Thanks!

Mima

I feel really stupid for asking this, but why do you want to know? I was hoping someone else would ask so I wouldn't have to stick my neck out but my curiousity is getting the best of me.

Evidently everyone else knows why you are asking. Everyone but me.

Thanks!

Mima

Well I feel stupid too, because I don't think the farm is in their name, thus not a homestead. But I read that ReH has a house in her name, didn't I?

I was working under the assumption the farm and home were in their name. My question about homestead exemption is a moot point if the land is not in their name.

IDK how I forgot this, I distinctly remember researching the tax appraisers website myself in the beginning and not finding land in their name but in others with the same last name.

Thank you for the responses though, I was obviously being lazy and not looking it up, counting on a local, lol.

Please forgive me, my mind is preoccupied lately.

ETA: Mima, If it were a homestead property it would not be subject to seizure as an asset in a civil suit. At least that is how it is here in FL.

just food for thought: but my cursory search places H daughter just around the corner (literally) from me here in leavenworth.

I think the thing I am the most surprised about is that nothing has been said as to when Rebecca will speak....I pray the police are at her hospital door around the clock. Her husband may be in jail, but he has the ability to make sure she STILL says nothing. I pray for her safety.

I'm sure she's being watched very carefully. Even with her husband behind bars, the person who hired for this (and most of us think the same person is responsible) is still out there walking free. For now.

bump up for Pat.. justice is just around the corner. I can feel it.

bumping up before I forget... all hell has broken loose... Amber Dubois has been found. I am sure that Pat would be glad for this.

Well I feel stupid too, because I don't think the farm is in their name, thus not a homestead. But I read that ReH has a house in her name, didn't I?

The house (where they live) & 80 acres is not in there name. To check this out just do an internet search Nemaha County KS appraiser...at the site go to parcel search & type in 'Norman' & it indicates 1755 V Road ...is not in the name of Mr. & Mrs. RH.
If interested, do the same for Brown County KS appraiser...at the site go to parcel search & type in 'Hollister'. A Rebecca Hollister is listed as an owner of a house in Fairview, KS...but assume this would not be 'homestead' as they do not reside there.

Regarding the Hollister dismanteled truck, can a person check with the local DMV for a serial number and more information about the truck? Wouldn't the serial number have information about the body of the truck (to someone who knows what the numbers mean)? Don't know if that info is public record?

Looked at the state of Kansas website re: vehicle information...it is available at a cost but is also limited to LE, PI, Insurance Companies, etc.....not available to the public.

Maybe the reason Mr. X didn't pay RH is because he's a swindler, two-timing, deadbeat. If he'd swindle his x-wife, insurance company and who knows who else, he'd swindle RH.

He may have just told him he'd pay him x amount of dollars to do the job with no intentions on paying. I mean obviously money is very important to mr. x.

What's RH going to do about it? Take mr. x to court for non-payment? He couldn't do a thing about mr. x not paying him and mr. x knew it to begin with.

Of course, this is just speculation on my part also.

Just a comment on 'swindle insurance company' ....I've never heard anything about insurance? re: Mr. X

Maybe the reason Mr. X didn't pay RH is because he's a swindler, two-timing, deadbeat. If he'd swindle his x-wife, insurance company and who knows who else, he'd swindle RH.

He may have just told him he'd pay him x amount of dollars to do the job with no intentions on paying. I mean obviously money is very important to mr. x.

What's RH going to do about it? Take mr. x to court for non-payment? He couldn't do a thing about mr. x not paying him and mr. x knew it to begin with.

Of course, this is just speculation on my part also.

i agree with you, , IMO X never intended to pay RO...also, agreeing with bowmancabin, i dont recall any attemp of X collecting any ins proceeds, either in fact or speculation :)

i dont recall any attemp of X collecting any ins proceeds, either in fact or speculation

I was referring to when he burned down the barn to hide stolen cattle. As I recall he collected insurance money on that. My memory might be bad, but that is what I thought was said. It was said to me by someone whether it was here or in person.

Sorry if that's incorrect.

i dont recall any attemp of X collecting any ins proceeds, either in fact or speculation

I was referring to when he burned down the barn to hide stolen cattle. As I recall he collected insurance money on that. My memory might be bad, but that is what I thought was said. It was said to me by someone whether it was here or in person.

Sorry if that's incorrect.

That rumor was about RH ... not X.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads