DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two new Atchison Globe articles

Kimmi mystery unfolding
---
"In the Kimmi case, there are no named suspects," Mr. Kuckelman said. "The case continues to proceed."

He emphasized the final investigative phase of inquisitions was ongoing, with more witness testimonies scheduled to accommodate an expanded list of potential witnesses.

Atchison County authorities have officially confirmed that Roger and Rebecca Hollister, Sabetha, are considered persons of interest in the Kimmi case. In January, authorities seized a dismantled vehicle, which resulted in the execution of a search warrant at the Hollister farm.

"When the inquisition is finished, then we'll wrap it up and press charges," Mr. Kuckelman said.
---
http://www.atchisonglobeonline.com/main.asp?SectionID=16&SubSectionID=33&ArticleID=13676&TM=44470.07

Hollister charged, in custody
---
Mr. Hollister officially heard the complaint against him Friday afternoon in Brown County District Court. Count I alleged he attempted to murder his wife with premeditation with the intent to kill her as he drove a motor vehicle onto the oncoming path of the semi. Count II alleged he willfully and intentionally committed aggravated battery as he caused great harm or permanent disfigurement to her.
---
During Friday's court proceeding, Mr. Hollister's bond was set at $1.5 million.

James Heathman, a Topeka attorney, was hired to represent him.
---
http://www.atchisonglobeonline.com/main.asp?SectionID=16&SubSectionID=33&ArticleID=13677

kimmi kids.... you guys hang in there and be supported by all the clouds of prayer.

Justice will prevail! I just know it will.

Prayers for Pat and her family!

I hate to sound greedy - but I was really hoping for a windfall of answers today. I shall try harder to be patient - but only because I KNOW the answers are coming soon!

Prayers to Pat's babies and grandbabies. We're still here for you and Pat!!!

I hate to sound greedy - but I was really hoping for a windfall of answers today. I shall try harder to be patient - but only because I KNOW the answers are coming soon!

Prayers to Pat's babies and grandbabies. We're still here for you and Pat!!!

I knowm Fairy1. I was thinking that we would have more news about the investigation by now.

It WILL happen. Patience was never one of my strong points, tho. I want Pat to be located and her family to know what happened. GB them!

A thought and a question entered my mind in the night . . . . . is it "normal" for a criminal to be housed in a different facility due to a family member being employed in the original? RoH's brother is a jailer in Brown County (as reported in news items) so RoH is being held in Atchinson County. Being a "conflict of interest" sounds logical, I guess, but do you suppose he might be involved? I haven't looked back to see what County Sheriff it was that RoH was praising in a news item WAY back in the threads, but wonder if it was Brown County. Could have been public praise for brother's boss to do some "brown nosing" just in case he needed help. This may be totally off base, but just a thought.

A thought and a question entered my mind in the night . . . . . is it "normal" for a criminal to be housed in a different facility due to a family member being employed in the original? RoH's brother is a jailer in Brown County (as reported in news items) so RoH is being held in Atchinson County. Being a "conflict of interest" sounds logical, I guess, but do you suppose he might be involved? I haven't looked back to see what County Sheriff it was that RoH was praising in a news item WAY back in the threads, but wonder if it was Brown County. Could have been public praise for brother's boss to do some "brown nosing" just in case he needed help. This may be totally off base, but just a thought.

On the "conflict of interest, brother a jailer here" thing, at least one news source reported that RoHo was transferred to the Atchison County facility "because the jail is better equipped to handle his medical needs." (http://stjoechannel.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=112844) All the others - Hiawatha World, Atchison Globe, etc. etc. - have the other story.

So that suggests that maybe he's in Atchison for a third reason - he's going to be arrested soon in the Kimmi case and they want him on site in Atchison County for questioning, both beforehand and afterward - and that reporters's sources gave two different stories for his presence in Atchison before they could line up one story and keep it straight.

Maybe. It could be, too, that it's just a reporter's error. Whatever, he's lawyered up now, having hired the Topeka attorney, James Heathman, at least for the attempted first degree murder/aggravated assault case. Heathman's website: http://www.heathmanlaw.com/

Whatever, he's lawyered up now, having hired the Topeka attorney, James Heathman, at least for the attempted first degree murder/aggravated assault case. Heathman's website: http://www.heathmanlaw.com/

Heathman doesn't seem to be a high profile lawyer. Searching for his name on cjonline.com doesn't bring much up. He's definitely no Pedro. Using Google on the www.shawneecourt.org brings does bring up quite a few criminal cases. I didn't go through them all, but it looks like a lot of sex crimes, DUI, drug, battery type crimes.

Heathman doesn't seem to be a high profile lawyer. Searching for his name on cjonline.com doesn't bring much up. He's definitely no Pedro. Using Google on the www.shawneecourt.org brings does bring up quite a few criminal cases. I didn't go through them all, but it looks like a lot of sex crimes, DUI, drug, battery type crimes.

Looks like he's argued at least a couple of cases before the Kansas Supreme Court (links below), but a lot of lawyers have. Definitely no Johnny Cochran either, but probably a savvy-enough attorney - he'll try for a plea bargain, I bet, on the Brown County charges.

http://www.kscourts.org/Cases-and-Opinions/opinions/supct/1998/19980417/79214.htm

http://www.kscourts.org/Cases-and-Opinions/opinions/supct/2009/20090130/95768.htm

Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently on Him Ps. 37:7-8
I know, it is hard for me to wait too, but I am trying to keep this verse in front of me.
God Bless Pat, her babies, grandbabies and all the rest of her family. Hold on...it's comin'

Keeping Pat on the first page. The day is coming and hopefully soon. Prayers for Pat's family.

What I've heard & read..the sheriff RH was supporting was from Nemaha County & RH's brother is at Brown County...and Atchison County has just built a new 'jail' with appropriate facilities for prisoners who have special needs (medical, mental, etc).

What I've heard & read..the sheriff RH was supporting was from Nemaha County & RH's brother is at Brown County...and Atchison County has just built a new 'jail' with appropriate facilities for prisoners who have special needs (medical, mental, etc).

Also, just remembered, a Capital-Journal article said "...the relatively new Atchison jail holds 75 inmates but often is only half full, Kuckelman said."

So they could use the business, I guess. But that makes three different reasons we've heard for RoHo's being in Atchison County.

http://cjonline.com/news/local/2010-03-04/mystery_wreck_spurs_arrest

I was curious about RH's attorney & found him on Facebook. He is a 1983 HS graduate & went to Washburn University (Topeka). That would make him about age 45.

I wondered if the day of the 'accident/incident' Mr. & Mrs. RH might have been going to Topeka (to see an attorney)....&/or how did RH select an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member