KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ms. Kimmi's children, i lit a candle for your mother while i was at church last night, i prayed that you would all have the strength and the answers that you need. I prayed that your mom would be brought home to you, and that those who are responsible are brought to justice. This is the prayer that i said...

O, blessed mother and st joseph,
you searched when your son jesus
disappeared when he was twelve.
You would not give up
until he was found.
You know the pain of having someone missing,
and the joy of finding them,
as you found your son.
Help those who are searching now,
to find the answers to their questions,
and an end to their searching.
Inspire people to be vigilant,
so that their eyes and ears
may see and hear news that will bring hope.
Comfort those who feel lonely and sad
because the one they love has vanished.
Be with them in the storm
and guide them in their efforts.
We ask this through christ our lord. Amen

my priest saw that i had been there for awhile last night, and he asked what was troubling me. I told him about your mom and he offered this prayer for you and your family.

God our father,
your son jesus christ as a child
was lost in the chaos of a great city
and was restored to the love of his family;
watch over patricia, now missing, for whom we pray
and protect her with your love.
Be near to those who are anxious for her;
let your presence change their sorrow into comfort,
their anxiety into trust,
their despair into faith,
that they may know your loving purposes.
And this we ask in the name of jesus our lord,
who loves and lives and cares for all your children. Amen.

thank you so very much.

Rita,

That is a beautiful testimony; I was moved to tears. Your daughters are very lucky to have a mom like you who is a daily example of a godly woman. You and your family are in an unimaginable position and even through the most difficult moments you display grace and dignity.

Because we are human, it is very difficult to forgive those who have wronged us. However, through God's mercy and love for us, we are enabled to love and forgive our enemies because He does and that is what is expected of His followers. God's grace is sufficient and He will surely see you and your family through the darkest of days and bring you through to His glorious light.

Stay steadfast in prayer and the answers you rightfully seek will be answered unto you and your family.

God's blessings to you all today and always.

Rita, I am in awe of your courage, and of the wisdom of your daughter. I cried as I read it aloud to my DSO...I know that your mom is very proud of the family she raised.
Hugs from ON,
Dee

I was very mad at God once...and feeling guilty about it.
I came to the conclusion that being mad at God was in itself an act of faith. One can not be mad at God without believing in him.
Just my .02 on religion.
I'll leave the rest of the religion discussion to people who know more about it than me.

Prayers for the Kimmi family and friends.
Dsn

Rita,

That is a beautiful testimony; I was moved to tears. Your daughters are very lucky to have a mom like you who is a daily example of a godly woman. You and your family are in an unimaginable position and even through the most difficult moments you display grace and dignity.

Because we are human, it is very difficult to forgive those who have wronged us. However, through God's mercy and love for us, we are enabled to love and forgive our enemies because He does and that is what is expected of His followers. God's grace is sufficient and He will surely see you and your family through the darkest of days and bring you through to His glorious light.

Stay steadfast in prayer and the answers you rightfully seek will be answered unto you and your family.

God's blessings to you all today and always.

BBM This is the bottom line, it is ONLY by God's grace. Some days I think, ok, I'm not drinking, I'm not on Prozac, I'm still getting out of bed and speaking coherently (for the most part). HOW am I not insane by now? HOW? It's not easy for a single one of us but we're doing it, one step at a time, by the grace of God and love for our Mom. Literally.

Rita...you are continually an example of true Christianity in every aspect. Your daughter has learned her compassion through you, although I don't believe you think that. It is so very true. Your loving mother has passed on to you truly exemplary gifts of humanity, caring, kindness, said compassion, and grace in the face of unimaginable hurt. With her words it is obvious that your gift has now been passed down to your impressive-beyond-words daughter. (I am 50 years old and it's doubtful that I could ever muster up such compassion in the same situation.)

Wow, we should all be so lucky to have such an amazing mother!!

rita, right on, people are to be accountable for their actions, even if it requires the death penalty...thats a consequence for an action....its just a natural law, like if you throw a rock at a window, its probably gonna break, or if you eat a donut, its going to have calories..these arent things you pray for or against, its just the way it is

on the other hand there are spiritual laws, if you dont forgive those that tresspass against you, your prayers will be hindered

all thats easier said than done when you think "i want them sob's to burn"....

so my advise, and again i have been where you are at, is that just realize gods word is true and every man is a liar, including you & me.....this means, in the tough times, when you hate, have no forgiveness, want to retaliate, just keep in contact with your heavenly father, i often tell god, "your word is true, im just in the wrong, this lack of forgivenss in me is wrong according to your word, give me the strength in my life to live according to your word, and thank you for your grace in the meantime"

didnt mean to preach..god knows your heart, i do to, you have a great spirit, and i know you understand balance with the lord

keep strong :)

Rita...you are continually an example of true Christianity in every aspect. Your daughter has learned her compassion through you, although I don't believe you think that. It is so very true. Your loving mother has passed on to you truly exemplary gifts of humanity, caring, kindness, said compassion, and grace in the face of unimaginable hurt. With her words it is obvious that you gift has now been passed down to your impressive-beyond-words daughter. (I am 50 years old and it's doubtful that I could ever muster up such compassion in the same situation.)

Wow, we should all be so lucky to have such an amazing mother!!

I so wish everyone had a mom like our mom.

rita, right on, people are to be accountable for their actions, even if it requires the death penalty...thats a consequence for an action....its just a natural law, like if you throw a rock at a window, its probably gonna break, or if you eat a donut, its going to have calories..these arent things you pray for or against, its just the way it is

on the other hand there are spiritual laws, if you dont forgive those that tresspass against you, your prayers will be hindered

all thats easier said than done when you think "i want them sob's to burn"....

so my advise, and again i have been where you are at, is that just realize gods word is true and every man is a liar, including you & me.....this means, in the tough times, when you hate, have no forgiveness, want to retaliate, just keep in contact with your heavenly father, i often tell god, "your word is true, im just in the wrong, this lack of forgivenss in me is wrong according to your word, give me the strength in my life to live according to your word, and thank you for your grace in the meantime"

didnt mean to preach..god knows your heart, i do to, you have a great spirit, and i know you understand balance with the lord

keep strong :)

Thank you and AMEN.

cjonline.com Topeka Capital Journal ...Sale won't stop Kimmi search.....article says real estate has been sold in the past couple of months, auctioneer says sale will proceed on tools equipment...Kuckleman says that won' stop the search for Kimmi

Rita, you are so right when you say God was with Ninny through everything that she went thru, because He is always with all of us, through every good AND bad thing.

I am sending something to you and your brothers and your families today. I didn't send a card w/ it, because I could not find one w/ the right sentiment. I was going to write a note, but was so afraid of saying the wrong thing and making you feel worse and I'd never want to do that.... and I did't want to cause more pain.

What you said though is EXACTLY what I thought I'd like to say to you to maybe give you some comfort.
She was not alone...

After the talk you had w/ your kids, I guess I could have written it to you since you feel it. Wherever she is... she is w/ God.

cjonline.com Topeka Capital Journal ...Sale won't stop Kimmi search.....article says real estate has been sold in the past couple of months, auctioneer says sale will proceed on tools equipment...Kuckleman says that won' stop the search for Kimmi

Here's the link for the above:
http://cjonline.com/news/local/2010-03-18/sale_wont_stop_kimmi_search

And a bit of new info from KQ2's report last night:

Kuckelman was on the scene as crews searched a remote, timbered area just across the road from Roger and Rebecca Hollister Sabetha, Kansas farm.
This search didn't leave investigators emptied handed Thursday afternoon, they loaded a flat bed truck full of what appeared to be metal parts.

http://stjoechannel.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=115854

Here's the link for the above:
http://cjonline.com/news/local/2010-03-18/sale_wont_stop_kimmi_search

And a bit of new info from KQ2's report last night:

Kuckelman was on the scene as crews searched a remote, timbered area just across the road from Roger and Rebecca Hollister Sabetha, Kansas farm.
This search didn't leave investigators emptied handed Thursday afternoon, they loaded a flat bed truck full of what appeared to be metal parts.

http://stjoechannel.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=115854
I was just looking at the google map posted in this thread...the 80 acres across the road from the RH residence appears to have about 10 acres m/l of trees along the north side of the property. The other land surrounding the RH property appears to be mostly cropland or grassland. Pat disappeared on November 6th & I remember the weather was good & farmers were in the fields for harvest so the 'wooded area' might be a place where no one would notice any activity at that time and as far as I know there are no residences located very near the RH property..that is, they are at least a 1/2 mile away.

Rita...after reading your post I just can't do anything but cry.

Your message goes to the heart of one of my first posts here. How do we tell our children that bad things like this happen! We shouldn't have to. It is all senseless and crazy and bizarre and heartbreaking.

I had a talk with my daughter similar to the one you describe. Her worry through it all is mostly for her friend. But she had questions....alot of questions.....and there just aren't answers.

I pray for your Mom even if she is in Heaven. It can't be easy for her to watch her children go through this. I pray for you and your children and your families. And I pray for whoever did this to such a precious, wonderful, loved person. I don't pray for their salvation. I just pray that God deals with them in whatever way he sees fit. Somehow that makes my heart feel a little lighter in a situation where I feel like I just can't do anything to help.

I graduated with Pat and EK from ACCHS in 1969. We were a class of 101.
This past August we had a joint class reunion with the class of 1968 in Atchison, Kansas.
We were asked to submit something about our last 40 plus years and a member of
the Class of 1968 put it all together in a book for us. Pat has 2 pages in that book.
I don't know if Rita and the boys know of this or if they have seen it. I thought it was
time to share what Pat had to say. I'm sorry that she did not attend the gathering
on Aug. 1, 2009. I would have enjoyed talking with her. I grew up on a farm a mile
South of Huron. My parents sold the farm 5 or so years ago and moved to Horton for
several years. They attended Pat's church and my Mother told me what a wonderful
family she had raised. She and the kids and grandkids were always there in church,
and helping with all its activities. Over the years my Mom would tell me about Pat and
EK and their kids because she knew I had gone to school with them. EK went to the
Catholic grade school in Purcell until it closed when he was in the 8th grade. One-room
schools in Kansas also closed that year. All the kids then attended Huron Grade School.
My little class of 5 suddenly swelled to 12. Our school went from 2 rooms to 3. The
7th and 8th grade were together in one room. Our high school class of 1969 was the
biggest to graduate in ACCHS (Atchison County Community High School) history. I guess
that is why our generation is called the "baby boomers". I have many fond memories of
my days there. In those days I would have to say EK was cute and kind of shy.

I first met Pat as a freshmen. She lived on the other side of the county. Many of us
spent hours riding the school bus. Many friendships were made that way. Of course
EK as a boy eventually got to drive and no longer rode the bus in my area. Pat and
I shared some classes and in those days most of us took part in almost all available
activities. She wrote in my sophomore yearbook about two classes we shared. Neither
was easy, French and geometry. I remember Pat as being someone you could depend on, calm when others were not, fun but not crazy. Just another great person in the class of 1969.

This is rather long and I want to type it just as Pat wrote it. I think her message which
was done for a 40 year reunion book should be in a post alone. So I'll sign off on this
one and start her story in a new post.

1969 Mary

Pat (Gray) Kimmi
1595 326th Road
Horton,Kansas 66439

(now we have her email which I won't post)

I've spent most of the last 40 years raising my kids-3 sons and a daughter-
and watching grandkids as needed. I have been blessed in that all 4 of my kids along with the 13 grandkids live within 8 miles of me.

There has been a lot of change in my life in the last several years. As of last year, I am now single, moved to the Horton area and lost my beloved oldest grandchild, Taylor Nichole Kimmi, at age 11 on November 8, 2007. She collapsed during PE at Effingham Middle School and despite all efforts she passed away from a "cardiac event". This was devastating to our family and through we have an Angel in Heaven, it has left a huge hole in our hearts.

Last year, I lost my Yorkie, my "empty nest dog" that I'd had for 13 years. I decided the house was too empty without a dog, so I got another Yorkie; a pup who rules the household!

My world revolves around my family and my animals. (I also have a mini donkey) My grandkids are ages almost 3 years to 12 years old and my kids though grown, still keep me hopping.

My daughter and her hubbie plan to build a house by me when their house sells, so I'm sure I will have the 2 girls, 12 and 8 and the identical twin boys age 4, as frequent visitors.

My sons' children all go to school in the Effingham district and I can't believe what is the middle school is where I went to high school, oh so many years ago. ....and was the tower haunted when I went to school there???? I can't convince them that it is not haunted!

I guess I haven't really had an exciting or glamorous life, but I am content with what I've done and accomplished.

My greatest accomplishment and blessing is my kids and grandkids. They may be onery at times, but they are good people and have been a huge source of strength and support for me, --with a few laughs along the way!

(There is a small pic of Sierra with this caption) Pat's faithful companion-her one year old Yorkie- Sierra

On the second page there are two pictures. The first is one like the one Rita
has at the end of her posts, but it is only the children with the Christmas tree
and no grandchild.

The second is of all the grand kids, it is dated 03.03.2007. The caption reads: All 13 grandkids together: LtoR: Zach and Beau, the twins, Sarah, Kyle, Kaelyn (in front of Kyle), Ashley holding Cordell, Kinsey, McKenna holding Gracie, and Taylor (the little Mama) holding Audrey and Tenton----and Tony holding them all back.

These are Pat's own words, taken from the reunion book of the Classes of 1968 and 1969 in August 2009. I have tried to type in exactly as written, any
mis-spelling is on my part not Pat's.

1969Mary

County Attorney on Day 2: "Items of Evidenciary Value"

Atchison County Attorney Gerald Kuckelman Jr. said late Thursday that "items of evidenciary value" were found on property across the road east of the Rebecca and Roger Hollister farmstead.
---
Kuckelman said the law enforcement is attempting to dig the possible evidence out, but would not comment on what led authorities to search the expanded site or what the items were.
---
The site of the expanded search is not visible from the road. Dr. Michael Finnegan, a K-State forensics consultant, was seen leaving the new site about 4 p.m. Thursday.
---
One area of interest was what appeared to be a green wood-burning furnace, just to the west of the house in the back yard. Searchers were taking bucketfuls of ash from inside of the furnace and dumping it on a screen for sifting purposes. Several men were seen intently scouring through the ashes. Searchers were placing items from some of these locations into large brown paper bags.
---
"The case is starting to come together," [Kuckelman] added.

and much more, at
http://www.hiawathaworldonline.com/main.asp?SectionID=4&SubSectionID=21&ArticleID=4094&TM=50081.99

I wasn't going to post this but after reading the latest on here, it is too strong of a testimony not too.

First of all, I don't WANT to pray for the bad guys (as we collectively refer to them in our family - also, it's about the KINDEST thing you can say in front of children) BUT I do know what the truth is. All along, I've said, we just need to know the truth, from top to bottom, whatever it may be. So I can't want to know the truth about my what's happened to my Mom but ignore what God's truth is. I can't preach on here or in real life about things that serve my own purposes and ignore God's purposes. I'm sick of turning the other cheek again and again and again and AGAIN. I don't WANT to pray for the bad guys, I don't want to think they're deserving of any mercy, I don't want to think they deserve ANYONE to love them...but God does. And they are His children. We talked about this in Sunday School last week when we read about the prodigal son. The people who are the farthest away from God are the people He rejoices the most over when they come back to Him. That is the truth.

Last night, I had to tell my girls (12 and 9) some hard truths. We have gently tried to ease our kids into realizing that Ninny will not be coming home to us. But there are so many things being said right now, both true and false, that I felt like it was time to have the talk. We sat on our bed and I told them, I think Ninny is in Heaven. And we all cried.

I kept thinking, I should NOT be having to tell them this. I should NOT have to think of what to say when they asked if Ninny was scared or if the bad guy hurt her. What DO you say when your child asks you if there were any knives out at Ninny's house? SOMEBODY ELSE should have to answer these questions BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW TOO AND I DON'T HAVE THE ANSWERS.

I said God was with Ninny through everything that she went thru, because He is always with all of us, through every good AND bad thing. No, He didn't keep this from happening because we all have free will, including the bad guys, and THEY are the ones who chose to do bad, to hurt a completely innocent person. They may have taken her earthly life but now she has ETERNAL life in Heaven where we will all go to see her again someday, but God NEVER LEFT HER. God can and will and HAS turned this horrible thing into a way for people to see their way back to Him or to grow closer to Him.

I said the bad guys are still God's children and He still hopes that they will be sorry and ask Jesus to be in their life. My daughter said something I didn't quite hear, but what I thought was "Well, then I'll pray for Ninny." And I started to say, "Honey, Ninny is in Heaven and we don't have to pray for her, she's probably praying for US." But I asked her what she said and she goes, "Well, then I'll pray for HIM." I said, "Who?" She said, "The guy who did this to Ninny." Wow. I said, "You know what, I've told God to have mercy on their souls, but I can't really bring myself to pray for the man who actually took her life. I said somebody else will have to pray for him, but it can't be me...not right now. So girlie, that must be your job, if that's how you feel."

She said, "Yeah Mom, because remember the Pope? Somebody shot him and he went to the jail to forgive them and pray for them, so that's what I'll do for this guy. I'll pray for him." Out of the mouths of babes.

I've told God I've forgiven the bad guys. I "practice" saying it a lot. I ask Him to have mercy on their souls. I don't really know if that's a prayer but...that's what I've got to give right now, although it's probably not enough. I've finally come to realize that it's ok to offer forgiveness but still want justice and those responsible, ALL OF THEM, to be accountable.

Rita,
Bless your heart! Your momma raised you right! She is always proud of you but I am certain that she is just beaming hearing this testimony!

Now, WE know that most of the time, you are NOT going to feel merciful to the people responsible for your mothers abduction. Please,in the days and weeks to come and you find yourself feeling less than kind -- don't ever feel that we will judge you. If you want to rant or rave -- we understand and it is OK!

And as you know, God knows you and he knows how deep the hurt is. I just don't ever want you to beat yourself up if you end up having a bad day!

(((HUGS)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member