KY KY - Andrea Knabel, 36, mother of two, Audubon Park, Louisville, 13 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is NUTS!
The only thing that jumps out to me in this trilogy of sisters and the bil/bf ,is that the MOTHER’s SILENCE IS DEAFENING...
Of course , that’s just my opinion...

ITA. The dad made a couple statements in the beginning, but I don't recall anything from the mom. The one sister is the only person in the family who seems to be making any effort to find Andrea. That PI and internet strangers seem to be doing more than her own family (besides the one sister). How very sad.

I just learned about this case as well from Erin's facebook posts I've read over everything i can find about the circumstances of her disappearance. I came across a timeline in a news article that I believe was created by the PI helping with the investigation I'm not sure if anyone here has seen this before but I figured I would post the link just in case.

Investigators pursuing new details and leads in case of missing Louisville mother

Where is Andrea
It's been almost 1 year since Andrea has been missing.

Andrea was last seen 8-13-19
No current updates
Andrea is still missing

This is from April 2020
Review for details

Andrea Knabel missing: Louisville case airs on Investigation Discovery

But the team of private investigators, family, friends and volunteers from around the country have not given up in their search for the single mother of two boys.

Mike Knabel, Andrea's father, said that while the coronavirus has resulted in fewer outdoor searches, the online work to spread the word about her case has continued to ramp up.

Several cases of people trying to extort money from the family and send death threats in relation to Andrea's case have been overshadowed by the positive energy of private investigators, family and volunteers not giving up, Mike Knabel said.

This is going full bore, and it is not even close to stopping," Mike Knabel said. "...There's plenty of energy."

Andrea's sister, Erin Knabel, handles the social media pages related to the missing persons case and has put together a volunteer team of "Andrea's Angels" that puts up flyers and shares information on her case in different parts of the country.

A $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to her whereabouts as well as a $100 reward for taking a photo of her if you believe you see her.

If you see her or have any information that could help, investigators ask that you immediately take a picture and call police. Then call Leonard at (502)-618-9337 or investigator Dan Washington at (502)-722-8181

I don't think her sister or her sister's boyfriend have anything to do with this now.

At the beginning I did, but it's been a year and still no trace of her.

I think someone(s) saw her that night walking alone and decided to give her a ride and she accepted the ride from the wrong person.

Jmo

I don't think her sister or her sister's boyfriend have anything to do with this now.

I think someone(s) saw her that night walking alone and decided to give her a ride and she accepted the ride from the wrong person.

Jmo
I feel that with her downward spiral and extreme pain with her family situation she fled and could still be alive. that's moo of course! think of the millions of homeless people that are alive and out of contact with loved ones, some of which definitely still searching. every homeless person was once someone elses loved one! (im breaking my own heart here lol) I just have hope that she fled farther away than the search and media coverage and is in need of help but still okay.

@iluvmua why have your feelings changed "now"? I feel that you put emphasis on the time making the difference in your perspective and im not following well.
I have always felt uneasy about hat part of the story, I understand sibs wanting to keep some things quiet as airing dirty laundry can be painful or embarrassing but it absolutely has made that part so suspicious feeling.

I feel that with her downward spiral and extreme pain with her family situation she fled and could still be alive. that's moo of course! think of the millions of homeless people that are alive and out of contact with loved ones, some of which definitely still searching. every homeless person was once someone elses loved one! (im breaking my own heart here lol) I just have hope that she fled farther away than the search and media coverage and is in need of help but still okay.

@iluvmua why have your feelings changed "now"? I feel that you put emphasis on the time making the difference in your perspective and im not following well.
I have always felt uneasy about hat part of the story, I understand sibs wanting to keep some things quiet as airing dirty laundry can be painful or embarrassing but it absolutely has made that part so suspicious feeling.

Because Imo. If they were somehow involved. I would think they would be arrested by now.

Jmo
Her phone last pinged at around 6:30 A.M. at mom's house.

Wow, I just heard about Andrea’s case from a Reddit thread and I can’t believe I haven’t heard of this sooner. I just jumped from page 6 to 45 and obviously I’ve missed some but I can’t fathom she started a new life. Someone so dedicated to help the missing would consider the anguish that would cause loved ones, in my opinion. I do wonder if she was taking medication for that facial injury. If any was prescribed from the hospital visit and if it was something someone else would covet or even perhaps Andrea might try to sell to produce funds? Maybe even alter her mindset about accepting a ride from a stranger. I need to catch up here. It’s been so long without any answers and that is so very sad.
*Always my humble opinion.*

This case has all the weight of deep family dynamics to me leading to a sad stranger situation.

MOO. It seems like Andrea was having to bum rides and trying to find a new job while not having a working vehicle to get to it (the other car she purchased wasn't working).

I can imagine her going to her younger sister's house to ask for a loan to get a new car or to drive her kids somewhere the next day and her sister rolling her eyes and thinking "look it's Andrea" and just being tired of her--being the opposite of helpful, trying to find reasons to justify why Andrea deserved all the bad things happening in her life.

Maybe an argument over asking for money or to borrow a car.

There's Andrea walking back and forth from her mom's to her sister's asking for help and getting eye-rolls from the sister.

Not clear what happened with the nephew or who he was staying with. Not clear how she was getting an income. Not clear who was helping her with two ex-es that probably were raising questions about custodial arrangements with the kids given her job loss.

Just genuinely sad about an award for 5k from family. That seems tiny.

This whole thing seems laced with family guilt--not guilt for harming or hurting Andrea but a guilt for not helping her or supporting her at a rough time which just so happens to coincidentally be the time she gets assaulted or kidnapped.

MOO the outcome doesn't look for Andrea. :( Her sons need their mother.

Wow, I just heard about Andrea’s case from a Reddit thread and I can’t believe I haven’t heard of this sooner. I just jumped from page 6 to 45 and obviously I’ve missed some but I can’t fathom she started a new life. Someone so dedicated to help the missing would consider the anguish that would cause loved ones, in my opinion. I do wonder if she was taking medication for that facial injury. If any was prescribed from the hospital visit and if it was something someone else would covet or even perhaps Andrea might try to sell to produce funds? Maybe even alter her mindset about accepting a ride from a stranger. I need to catch up here. It’s been so long without any answers and that is so very sad.
*Always my humble opinion.*

Yeah. I don't know if it's really possible in 2020 to just 'start a new life'. How? It was possible in the past because ID was all on relatively easily forged paper and there weren't computer systems everywhere where you could easily verify if it was genuine. There weren't CCTV cameras everywhere. Nobody had phones in their pocket that contained a camera, video camera, Internet, etc etc and could easily relay messages anywhere in the world. Banking wasn't completely centralised. I just don't see it being a thing anymore, or it would be extremely rare and very difficult to pull off now compared to even just a few years ago. I think you'd need a lot of money, to come from money, and she doesn't.

I think it's more likely like others have said that she accepted a ride from the wrong person. Maybe just living rough somewhere but I personally wouldn't call that "starting a new life".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom