KY - Breonna Taylor, 26, unarmed, fatally shot multiple times by police, Louisville, 13 Mar 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breonna Taylor - killed during raid
Kenneth Walker - boyfriend of Breonna who shot at what he thought was intruders.
Tamika Palmer- Breonna's Mother
Jamarcus Glover -Breonna ex-boyfriend who was the kingpin that LE was looking for because of his involvement in the actual drug enterprise (who was also offered a plea for just probation of he would say Breonna was involved in his drug enterprise) he refused the plea.
Officer Hankinson- involved in raid shot from balcony when he could not see what he was shooting at (only one fired) but has yet to be charged with anything.
Officer Mike Campbell- also involved in raid.(still working for LMPD)
Officer Myles Cosgrove- also involved in raid (still working for LMPD)
Officer Mike Nobles-At raid also still working for LMPD
Sargent Johnathan Mattingly- there during raid and shot in the leg also still working for LMPD.
Attorney General Danial Cameron will be responsible to either file charges, impanel a grand jury or file no charges
I dont know that I haven't missed anyone but this is the just of the people involved.

Last edited:
As Louisville Awaits Taylor Decision, Alleged Drug Links Cause Controversy

Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer criticized the first leak linking Taylor to trafficking two weeks ago, when the Louisville Courier Journal published details of a police report and jailhouse calls that detailed the police’s position and evidence. It was reportedly compiled after Taylor’s killing.

“Obviously Breonna’s passing has been a terrible tragedy for the community and for her family,” Fischer said last week. “Any attempt to link her, it’s just not relevant to the investigation that’s taking place right now, so it’s not helpful.”

Fischer said Taylor did not deserve to die, and it would be unjust to draw conclusions based on limited information.

Attorney Lonita Baker is part of a team representing Taylor’s family in a wrongful death lawsuit. She denied Taylor was involved in drugs, or was even still connected to her ex-boyfriend Jamarcus Glover, who was a main target of the narcotics investigation that led police to her door. Baker said even if the allegations were true, it wouldn’t matter.

“If people thought she was a drug dealer, it would not have justified her murder, the way that she was murdered,” Baker said. “But she was not. And you know, once people are able to see all of the evidence, they will agree that she was not.”

I pray this does not have any effect on the grand jury.

I am no expert om grand jury proceedings. Generally, the prosecutor has the power to present evidence in a way to get the result he/she wants. Also, the vote to indict doesn't have to be unanimous. I'm unsure in Kentucky whether a prosecutor can/must suggest charges or just lay out evidence & the applicable law. jmo

I am no expert om grand jury proceedings. Generally, the prosecutor has the power to present evidence in a way to get the result he/she wants. Also, the vote to indict doesn't have to be unanimous. I'm unsure in Kentucky whether a prosecutor can/must suggest charges or just lay out evidence & the applicable law. jmo
I am also not aware of the rules in KY although I did have to testify in front of a grand jury in Ky for one of my Dr's who had been doing unethical things and I was issued a subpoena and there was an indictment handed down.
But I think my main concern is that if the Ky AG feels he can get farther by say not giving all of the evidence to the grand jury would he be willing to do that to move up the food chain?
Now with that said if lays out all the evidence and there is no indictment then that is that, I am just looking for the truth and justice whatever form it comes in.
Happy your back on the thread again

Breonna Taylor's case to be heard by a grand jury

The grand jury, which was empaneled this week, "will be hearing other criminal cases first to get their feet wet with the process and then hear the Taylor case," a source close to the investigation said.

The grand jury is meeting at an alternate location because of safety concerns due to ongoing protests in Jefferson Square Park, which has been informally renamed as "Breonna Taylor Park."

The grand jury is expected to eventually decide the fate of three officers who opened fire during the incident.

A representative for Taylor's family said the attorney general had previewed the grand jury process during a meeting with the family last month. "On August 12, at the meeting with Tamika Palmer's family and her lawyers with [Kentucky Attorney General Daniel] Cameron's office, Cameron told the family that once the FBI ballistic come back and they do re-interviews with witnesses that his office will put the case in front of Jefferson County grand jury."

Lonita Baker, an attorney representing the Taylor family in a wrongful-death lawsuit, said she has not been contacted by the attorney general's office regarding the grand jury process.

Breonna Taylor's case to be heard by a grand jury

The grand jury, which was empaneled this week, "will be hearing other criminal cases first to get their feet wet with the process and then hear the Taylor case," a source close to the investigation said.

The grand jury is meeting at an alternate location because of safety concerns due to ongoing protests in Jefferson Square Park, which has been informally renamed as "Breonna Taylor Park."

The grand jury is expected to eventually decide the fate of three officers who opened fire during the incident.

A representative for Taylor's family said the attorney general had previewed the grand jury process during a meeting with the family last month. "On August 12, at the meeting with Tamika Palmer's family and her lawyers with [Kentucky Attorney General Daniel] Cameron's office, Cameron told the family that once the FBI ballistic come back and they do re-interviews with witnesses that his office will put the case in front of Jefferson County grand jury."

Lonita Baker, an attorney representing the Taylor family in a wrongful-death lawsuit, said she has not been contacted by the attorney general's office regarding the grand jury process.

This article says the grand jury will decide the fate of the three officers who opened fire. Are these the only officers under consideration for wrongdoing or is this just conjecture on the writers part?

I don't know why the article refers to the families wrongful-death attorney not being notified. To my knowledge, this attorney would have no standing in the grand jury proceedings. I'm not even sure the three officers attorneys can attend the grand jury proceedings.

Hopefully Kentucky has a similar law.

Under Texas law, if, during the commission of one felony, in this case tampering with a government record, a person commits an act clearly dangerous to human life, execution of a no-knock warrant by an armed squad of police officers into a private residence that causes the death of another, in this case two deaths, it's first-degree murder," Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg said at a press conference Friday. "We call that felony murder."

Former Houston police officer Gerald Goines charged with 2 counts of murder in botched raid

This article says the grand jury will decide the fate of the three officers who opened fire. Are these the only officers under consideration for wrongdoing or is this just conjecture on the writers part?

I don't know why the article refers to the families wrongful-death attorney not being notified. To my knowledge, this attorney would have no standing in the grand jury proceedings. I'm not even sure the three officers attorneys can attend the grand jury proceedings.
There were actually 5 officer who was involved in the raid, but two of them have yet to be publicly identified. Now once the raid was over and the call went out about officer down the area had several officer that responded.
I think where I am still have problems is that if LMPD was going to hit several properties that night, why was SWAT not involved this seems to me to be a case that they should have been involved in rather than officers in street clothes.
I don't think it is about notifying the families Attorney so he can get his case ready for the Grand Jury, I think it is showing a lack of respect in not advising them so he can in return advise his client which is Breonna's family.
You are correct the officers Attorneys will not be allowed to attend the proceeding.

Hopefully Kentucky has a similar law.

Under Texas law, if, during the commission of one felony, in this case tampering with a government record, a person commits an act clearly dangerous to human life, execution of a no-knock warrant by an armed squad of police officers into a private residence that causes the death of another, in this case two deaths, it's first-degree murder," Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg said at a press conference Friday. "We call that felony murder."

Former Houston police officer Gerald Goines charged with 2 counts of murder in botched raid

I believe the charge in this case was on the person who obtained the warrant under false information. If a warrant was granted using false information in the Breonna Taylor case, that person is not in front of the grand jury. jmo

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) – A U.S. postal inspector in Louisville said Metro police did not use his office to verify that a drug suspect was receiving packages at Breonna Taylor's apartment, one of the factors listed in officers' request for a "no-knock" warrant for her home.

But Tony Gooden said a different law enforcement agency asked his office in January to investigate whether Taylor's home was receiving any potentially suspicious mail. After looking into the request, he said, the local office concluded that it wasn't.
"There's no packages of interest going there," he said in an interview after WDRB News contacted him Friday.
Gooden's disclosure raises new questions about the Louisville police department's justification for a warrant that allowed officers to enter the Springfield Drive apartment without knocking or identifying themselves — and why her home was even targeted.
Louisville postal inspector: No ‘packages of interest’ at slain EMT Breonna Taylor’s home

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) – A U.S. postal inspector in Louisville said Metro police did not use his office to verify that a drug suspect was receiving packages at Breonna Taylor's apartment, one of the factors listed in officers' request for a "no-knock" warrant for her home.

But Tony Gooden said a different law enforcement agency asked his office in January to investigate whether Taylor's home was receiving any potentially suspicious mail. After looking into the request, he said, the local office concluded that it wasn't.
"There's no packages of interest going there," he said in an interview after WDRB News contacted him Friday.
Gooden's disclosure raises new questions about the Louisville police department's justification for a warrant that allowed officers to enter the Springfield Drive apartment without knocking or identifying themselves — and why her home was even targeted.
Louisville postal inspector: No ‘packages of interest’ at slain EMT Breonna Taylor’s home

I am aware of this. At this point, I'm not aware of any charges for making a false statement to secure a warrant or if so does it rise to the level to bring charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia