KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely they would. Cadavers can even hit on a body that is under water. They're pretty amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amazing for sure...not sure how deep in the water a dog can track a scent of a human body's gases/scent rising to the surface but I have read where dogs have tracked the scent of a body anywhere from 12 to 15 feet under the ground.

Definitely dark but as you can see, headlights would provide more than enough light for the shoulder areas to notice 1 or 2 vehicles, truck or car, vehicle light or dark, person on side of road etc., but yes it would be hard to give details like what person was wearing or partial plate or did vehicle have a flat. So if someone driving by wasn't chatting it up with a passenger, super tired, drunk or from out of town...they would notice for example, a person walking, a truck or LE vehicle and another car and would have shared this by now. I can tell you I witnessed 3 separate vehicles pulled over one day within 60 miles during the daytime and sure I could have maybe told you 8 hours later the colour of those cars but a week later, not a chance but yes I can tell between what exits the cars were pulled over. DNA is gonna be the key to this case as opposed to a witness I think.

I agree. DNA is what will make or break this case. I wish we knew really what time her car was there. The later it gets, the less traffic there is on the parkway. As I was driving home, I kind of started realizing how much I would hate to be stranded on it. It's just so dark and surrounded by woods and a lot of nothing. It was kind of giving me the creeps.

The moon was full on July 2, so there would have been moonlight the weekend of July 3-5, depending on the time of moonrise and how cloudy it was.

I'll have to find the weather history but I think it was kind of overcast and cloudy on the 3rd because I remember being worried about it raining on the 4th but it stayed sunny for our 4th of July party. It was pretty cloudy that night though. We were at the lake house and my daughter thought the smoke from the fireworks was still so bad that it covered the stars (lol). Sunday was cloudy off and on all day. It also gets kind of misty at night through there and foggy in the morning.

jULIA_bEE
Thank for all this info! BK Parkway is scary looking at night for sure.

This fire at the farm...

Humm. Just wondering would this burn hotter than a regular fire? TIA

Yes, adding plastic to a fire will intensify the heat, especially if it is black plasticbecause of the chemical composition.

Plastic is often times used to prevent any type of waste from contaminating an area one would like to keep from being spoiled. For example, painters sometimes use plastic to prevent paint splatter or drippings from soiling anything around the area.

While plastic can intensify the heat of a fire, my question is, 'where did the plastic come from? What had it been used for?'

DNA can sometimes be extracted from remains, however I believe blood is destroyed.

I'm still wondering where the plastic came from and what it was used for

Yup. If trying to cover something up then better to get busted for the less of 2 evils. Illegal fire vs murder

Could have been totally innocent but makes me wonder

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It could have been a distraction technique, too. What area would the firefighters have come from? What could have been happening while no one was in that area?

The discrepancies of her whereabouts and responding to texts from daughter and family members began not after Walmart but after she dropped 2 children of at their father's. Father of two children she had with her at Walmart said he went out to the car when she dropped children off and she was in a rush but everything seemed fine. From there she was to show a rental property. After rental property showing, she supposedly arrived at BH house. He stated on NG they didn't have anythung new for dinner but didnt name what even after NG asked. I'm wondering if anyone saw her at the famiky farm where BH mother lives.
The family farm was searched but I'm unclear if BH house was searched since that was where he said he last saw her.
Also on NG he was clear to let an audience know 'lights' were still on in the home up to or past midnight. One can certsinly play games on their phone without lights so I'm nit sure why the info was volunteered unless a neighbor had oreviously asked him about it or something.
Also I wonder if the rental property showing checked out or if this was a relatives rental property. I did read that BH brother had a rental up the street from BH and the rebters had just moved out & BH brother was moving in the weekend CR went missing.
Something I am unclear about, is how could a vehicle be on side of interstate for 2 days before anyone noticed it? Could the event car have been placed there after she was reported missing?

The plastic could have been used to transport something so as not to soil anything surrounding it and there was no further uses for the plastic and/or the contaminated plastic needed to be destroyed.

The plastic could have been used to transport something so as not to soil anything surrounding it and there was no further uses for the plastic and/or the contaminated plastic needed to be destroyed.

Right, like one of those big blue tarps, or plastic sheeting used by painters?

The discrepancies of her whereabouts and responding to texts from daughter and family members began not after Walmart but after she dropped 2 children of at their father's. Father of two children she had with her at Walmart said he went out to the car when she dropped children off and she was in a rush but everything seemed fine. From there she was to show a rental property. After rental property showing, she supposedly arrived at BH house. He stated on NG they didn't have anythung new for dinner but didnt name what even after NG asked. I'm wondering if anyone saw her at the famiky farm where BH mother lives.
The family farm was searched but I'm unclear if BH house was searched since that was where he said he last saw her.
Also on NG he was clear to let an audience know 'lights' were still on in the home up to or past midnight. One can certsinly play games on their phone without lights so I'm nit sure why the info was volunteered unless a neighbor had oreviously asked him about it or something.
Also I wonder if the rental property showing checked out or if this was a relatives rental property. I did read that BH brother had a rental up the street from BH and the rebters had just moved out & BH brother was moving in the weekend CR went missing.
Something I am unclear about, is how could a vehicle be on side of interstate for 2 days before anyone noticed it? Could the event car have been placed there after she was reported missing?

The renters had been notified a few wks prior that they were going to have to move out. His brother had sold his other house and had to be out by a certain date so the renters knew in advance he would be moving that weekend.

Personally, I can understand how the car could sit there for a couple days without anyone really noticing it. Especially with it being 4th of July weekend and how dark that part of the highway is. If she went missing after midnight on Friday, then really it was only sitting for one full day.

Bluegrass Parkway is not as heavily traveled as an interstate. I don't travel it much, but in areas it can be sort of desolate at certain times of the day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Or a large plastic toolbox
Right, like one of those big blue tarps, or plastic sheeting used by painters?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The tarps melt when burned. Would be hard plastic like storage totes, swimming pools, little tyke toys, etc.

The renters had been notified a few wks prior that they were going to have to move out. His brother had sold his other house and had to be out by a certain date so the renters knew in advance he would be moving that weekend.

Personally, I can understand how the car could sit there for a couple days without anyone really noticing it. Especially with it being 4th of July weekend and how dark that part of the highway is. If she went missing after midnight on Friday, then really it was only sitting for one full day.

BBM made me think of something. In my neck of the woods we have more policemen out on the roads on holiday weekends than any other time. They are watching for speeding and drivers drinking.

So to me it seems strange that car sat there that long. I wonder if it was tagged?

In our area LE will tag a car so they can know how long it sits abandoned.

Takes me back to LE.....sigh.....

I wish we had a nosey neighbor that could tell us the last time they noticed her car in BH driveway. Was the car there @ say 10pm Friday night & gone at 8am Saturday? It would be a great detail to add to timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans