KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This says Brooks has been charged. That's not right is it?

ETA: not correct, that is. If he was charged, that would be entirely right in my mind! But I think he is still only a suspect.
Good catch Hoosgirl.

That must be bad reporting... Or is it?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

They should have started hunting season earlier just in case it could have helped with more hunters being out there. But maybe its they call it hunting season because the animals only migrate there during that time of the year.

So forgive me if my comment sounds a little idiotic. Lol. Iam not a hunter.

Deer archery season should have come in Sept. 5 in KY. I'm not sure when the first firearm season comes in, but there would already be a lot of hunters in the woods in the early weeks of season. I'm sure there are smaller game seasons that come in even earlier. Of course, deer firearm will bring out the most hunters and if she's in the woods, that would probably be the most likely time she would be found.

Also, in case you're interested, hunting seasons are determined by DNR. Use deer season for example. Most states' seasons begin in September or October for archery season. Less archery hunters than gun hunters, so the seasons are longer (less likely to cause a huge dent in the population). It also is late enough that the spring fawns are capable of surviving without mom. Firearm seasons are generally shorter. More hunters, more animals harvested in a shorter time. Firearm season is usually during peak rut when deer are moving the most. That's a population control as well as economic choice. Hunters are more willing to buy tags to hunt when they have the best chance of harvesting a deer. More tags=more money. More hunters=less deer. Bucks aren't nearly as smart during rut. It's also an incredibly exciting time to be in the woods. Fall also gives DNR time to guesstimate the total population (fawn mortality, food availability, estimated winter die-offs) for the year. I'm in Indiana and deer season always starts Oct. 1 for archery. Firearm is mid-Nov. A week break with no firearms (you can now still bow hunt during that week). Then muzzleloader. Then archery only again until the beginning of January. Rut starts heating up around the 3rd week of October, reaching it's peak towards the end of the first week of November, then the "second rut" is usually coming in around muzzleloader.

If the police department was to arrest Brook Houck on suspicion of murder, it would also make it a lot easier for the grandparents to gain custody, or at least partial custody.

Brook Houck is still walking around a free man, Nick Houck has been fired for impeding an investigation.....now what ?

I'd be interested to know if the Rogers family feels like progress is being made, or if this is simply the law enforcement equivalent of putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound. I'm sure Brook Houck will keep his brother employed through his contracting business, if he hasn't already been doing it since Nick's suspension. This is going to allow the two brothers to bond together even tighter now that those pesky police investigators have been removed from the equation.

The county sheriffs comments yesterday regarding his suspicion that the brothers are connected to her disappearance was interesting, but all that's going to result in is the two of them lawyering up and refusing to talk any further. Hopefully LE has a trail of breadcrumbs that provides enough evidence to form a picture of what happened to Crystal during that weekend. It's going to have to be strong enough to convince a grand jury as well as a seated jury if this case ever goes to trial.

Murders in this community appear to go largely unsolved, for reasons that aren't very clear.

I don't think Brook's business is going to be any step up for his brother Nick the fired police officer.

Who will want to call on them to redo a deck or remodel their bathroom? Not me for sure.

If this was a thriving business before all of this happened I am sure Nick would have been involved. I think this business is just hanging on.

MOO

I don't think Brook's business is going to be any step up for his brother Nick the fired police officer.

Who will want to call on them to redo a deck or remodel their bathroom? Not me for sure.

If this was a thriving business before all of this happened I am sure Nick would have been involved. I think this business is just hanging on.

MOO
I forget... Wasn't Brooks running for some public office, a year prior? Gross!

I forget... Wasn't Brooks running for some public office, a year prior? Gross!

--yep, for sheriff.

--( this from the guy that said "I'm not exactly sure what that means", when his polygraph came back inclusive.)
--( brooks----a REAL sheriff would know.)

http://www.kystandard.com/content/sheriffs-race-houck-would-bring-new-blood-badge

--april 2014
“It is time for the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office to go forward with a fervent zeal and a new direction,” Houck said. “It is time for fresh, new blood.”
Houck is running against Nelson County Sheriff’s Sgt. Ed Mattingly for the Democratic nomination for sheriff.

A story about Crystal's family's reaction to NH's firing and details behind his firing:

http://m.wlky.com/news/family-of-missing-woman-responds-to-developments-in-case/35889526

This story says that earlier in the investigation, his cruiser was seized, but they won't release whether they found any evidence. However, the sheriff said, "He has knowledge of what has happened."

Also, this story is a later one than the one that Hoosgirl posted above in this thread from the same news station, and the reporter reiterates that Crystal's boyfriend BH is a suspect but has not yet been charged.

It's useful to watch the video since the Sheriff speaks in it.

Thank goodness there's finally been some action on this thread. Hoping there will be justice for Crystal's family soon.

If I was the cop. I would seriously be mad at my brother for getting me into a situation that I didn't really want to be in for the sake of brotherly love.

If I was the cop. I would seriously be mad at my brother for getting me into a situation that I didn't really want to be in for the sake of brotherly love.

It sounds as though NH has been a renegade for a while. It makes me question who actually came up with the evil solution to BH's problem. jmoo

It sounds as though NH has been a renegade for a while. It makes me question who actually came up with the evil solution to BH's problem. jmoo

His brother probably told him from the beginning to not get involved because she had kids that wasn't his besides the youngest. His brother was also a cop. And i truly believe that cops start out as innocent folks and are not becoming cops for scandalous reasons. So in this case. I would have to say that hubby did the deed and called upon his brother for a cover up that was mentioned with a sad story of how i messed up big time; Please help me. Jmo

Just saw this posted by Nbc news on twitter. http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...earance-his-brother-terminated-police-n447131
Boyfriend of Crystal Rogers Named Suspect in Disappearance, His Brother Terminated from Police Department
by RACHAEL TROST

Three months after Kentucky mother of five Crystal Rogers vanished, police have named her boyfriend Brooks Houck a suspect in her disappearance.

(modsnip)

Along with announcing Houck as an official suspect last Friday, Nelson County Sheriff Ed Mattingly says he believes Rogers is dead.

(modsnip)

Just last week, Houck's brother Nick Houck, who worked as a Bardstown City police officer, was terminated from the department after officials say he interfered with the investigation of Crystal's disappearance.

(modsnip)

"Since they named him a suspect, I feel like they're working now, which I always thought the Sheriff Department was doing a good job, but it makes me feel a lot better," Tommy Ballard, Crystal's father, told WDRB.

If you have any information that can help the investigation, please contact the Nelson County Sheriff's Office at (502) 348-3211.

RELATED
- Crystal Rogers Missing 10 Days, Family Questions Boyfriend's Story

He says he called her the morning she disappeared but can't remember exactly when or where he was when he made that call.

I call BS!

The "silly" comment reminds me of when a cheater is confronted and they say "you're crazy."

IMO a total narcissist who still thinks he is untouchable. I'm sure his brother helped him hide Crystal well. Somewhere where they knew police wouldn't look.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

What a "not-smart-person". :facepalm: Both of them. I can't believe they carried on that conversation with the detective sitting right there. He could probably hear what BH was saying on the other end of the call.

But good, let them keep talking themselves into a corner. Sooner or later, I think the brother will break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjlm730