KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant thoughts! I watched video clips of each of the bros', but not the entire long video referenced. Yes: I agree that the fired-police officer-bro' had his plan for 'handling' law enf', and that was to say/yell "" over & over & over ad nauseum. (I did notice when he 1st snappily told the officer he NEVER, EVER talked with his bro' about Mother of 5-Crystal's disappearance (IMO------GIMMEE A BREAK !!!!!!!!!), IMO he realized he'd made a boo boo, & he bumbled & dropped his facade for a second & tried to back-track a tinch, & tried to add something along the lines of how he and his bro' are both such busy ((and important!!)) people...) And IMO he got sounding like a very mouthy 4 y old with MAJOR personality disorder & other psychological issues in the way in which he addressed the officer.

Your post also makes me notice how in the IMO completely staged phone call while BF-bro' was being so very open & helpful to the officer------------'and Look Ma' NO LAWYER:facepalm: over n' over n' over..., IMO fired-police officer-bro' was playing it that he had all the power & HE WAS STRONG ARMING the police--"I'M CALLING ALL THE SHOTS".

IMO good judgment call by the sheriff to drop him from the police force! (Whew!)

IMO: Both of the bro's seem ruthless & diabolical IMO---The 'feeling' I get is that they thought this Mom-of-5 could seemingly fall off the side of the earth & no one SHOULD make any big deal about it, & that it is OUTRAGEOUS that law enf.' is asking either of them any questions.:jail:

The only blessing in this that I can see is that Crystal is now released from the oppression of her 'BF'.

I don't personally think so. If he's more involved that just helping his brother out then I think it's because she knows something about some other things that have gone on in the county that could get him in trouble. During the interviews, the KSP investigators told Nick that she was texting other guys and made it sound like she was going to leave Brooks. Of course, nick denied knowing anything about it and said he didn't believe it but I'm sure it was just because he thinks the more naive he is to the situation, the less guilty he looks. The things he lied about or claimed not to remember started to become really ridiculous. They had him on camera, in his cruiser directly behind Brooks as they arrived at the family farm and also had them on camera leaving together the same way and he denied remembering ever seeing him there. This was within a week of the interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick does come off as being sort of picked on in his video interview. For a second, you almost have to wonder if maybe he is being railroaded........but only for a second. I had to keep reminding myself that he showed deception on the polygraph, he can't remember the most basic details in regards to his whereabouts and movements, and he claims to have had very limited contact with Brook.

When he goes as far as to say "I haven't really talked to my brother about all of this", that's when I knew the guy was simply lying all the way down the line. Of course he's talked to his brother about it, in great detail. I guess it's pretty common for suspects to sit in an interrogation room and deny everything over and over again.

What kind of a dysfunctional family would have a family member go missing and not discuss the ongoing police investigation among themselves ? What did they talk about while out at the family farm, cold beer and fishing ? Nick doesn't remember.....uh-huh.

For anybody that missed it, there is a 45 minute interview with Nick Houck by an FBI agent about halfway down this web page. The interview with Brook, where the phone call was made in the middle of it, is towards the bottom part of the web page.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/brother-missing-mom-fails-polygraph_56268a4be4b08589ef493cda

http://www.whas11.com/story/news/lo...mom-plan-file-full-custody-grandson/74422484/

The parents of missing Bardstown mother of five, Crystal Rogers, plan to file for full custody of her 3-year-old son, Eli.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how to call this one. Brook still has parental rights up until and if he is ever arrested, and only then would it be absolutely imperative for the kid to be placed somewhere. The judge has to follow the law however, and not emotions, so it's a little hard to figure out what would persuade him to side with the grandparents in lieu of the bio father when it comes to full custody. Brook hasn't been arrested, tried, or convicted of any crime, so on what basis would the kid be stripped away from his legal guardian and parent ?

I think the grandparents would have more luck asking for visitation rights and partial custody, but for some reason they aren't taking that approach. It seems to be all or nothing.

I'm not sure how to call this one. Brook still has parental rights up until and if he is ever arrested, and only then would it be absolutely imperative for the kid to be placed somewhere. The judge has to follow the law however, and not emotions, so it's a little hard to figure out what would persuade him to side with the grandparents in lieu of the bio father when it comes to full custody. Brook hasn't been arrested, tried, or convicted of any crime, so on what basis would the kid be stripped away from his legal guardian and parent ?

I think the grandparents would have more luck asking for visitation rights and partial custody, but for some reason they aren't taking that approach. It seems to be all or nothing.

I believe that they were suing for visitation prior to this, but just upgraded the request to the court. Hopefully, they will at least be given visitation, and should the opportunity arise, their desire for custody will already be noted by the court. JMO :)

Does anybody happen to know if the young son has ever talked to a psychologist about what happened the night his mother disappeared?

Seems he might have been able to tell some things important to the investigation.

I know they tread lightly with children but thought they just might have figured out a way to do so.

--from the article upthread:

http://www.whas11.com/story/news/lo...mom-plan-file-full-custody-grandson/74422484/

Crystal's parents Sherry and Tommy Ballard had already filed for grandparents' rights and partially custody of Eli back in August. They had a hearing Sept. 10, but now more than a month later they are still waiting for a judge to decide. Ballard said today the waiting is a little harder.
"Today is Eli's birthday; his third birthday," Ballard said.

Does anybody happen to know if the young son has ever talked to a psychologist about what happened the night his mother disappeared?

Seems he might have been able to tell some things important to the investigation.

I know they tread lightly with children but thought they just might have figured out a way to do so.

I don't think they've officially verified whether or not he's been talked to. However, I remember the sheriff stating that he was wanting to get a child psychologist to speak with the son because he felt like he could have a lot to add. However, I'm not real confident it would help much since all this time has passed. If BH had something to do with it, I'm sure he's been working him over pretty good. Their minds are so easily manipulated at that age...

I don't think they've officially verified whether or not he's been talked to. However, I remember the sheriff stating that he was wanting to get a child psychologist to speak with the son because he felt like he could have a lot to add. However, I'm not real confident it would help much since all this time has passed. If BH had something to do with it, I'm sure he's been working him over pretty good. Their minds are so easily manipulated at that age...

Agreed and IMO this is why Brooks hasn't allowed his son to see his grandparents, not once since Crystal went missing

“Many of you have asked, sent emails, and stopped me on the street to ask why our former officer isn’t charged with a crime. Good question but allow me to teach a quick lesson in Criminal Procedure 101. First, at this point, this is a Missing Person case (legally speaking) being investigated by the NCSO. A Missing Person case is NOT a criminal case. What our former officer did during the interview was NOT acceptable ONLY because he was an officer. He did NOT give a “heads-up” and prevent his brother from questioning. That is all false rumor stuff. You saw the interview, obviously he stopped nothing. Secondly, a person cannot be charged with a crime when there is not a criminal case, if it becomes a criminal case then perhaps, but under our laws there is nothing at this point.......

“Many of you have asked, sent emails, and stopped me on the street to ask why our former officer isn’t charged with a crime. Good question but allow me to teach a quick lesson in Criminal Procedure 101. First, at this point, this is a Missing Person case (legally speaking) being investigated by the NCSO. A Missing Person case is NOT a criminal case. What our former officer did during the interview was NOT acceptable ONLY because he was an officer. He did NOT give a “heads-up” and prevent his brother from questioning. That is all false rumor stuff. You saw the interview, obviously he stopped nothing. Secondly, a person cannot be charged with a crime when there is not a criminal case, if it becomes a criminal case then perhaps, but under our laws there is nothing at this point.......

Yep.......no body.....no crime. It's working out great for the brothers.

Maybe they should rename it the "Houck Doctrine".

I am new to this case - saw a news article online yesterday and watched the portions of video of the 'former cop bro' ' and 'the BF bro' ' talking with law enf'. AT THE TIME, I thought, there 2 are both so completely innocent - so open, no lawyers, the 'f u' from the former cop, such patience and cooperation with law enf'. HOWEVER, it was afterward that 'gut feelings' set in on me.

About the 'former cop': I felt utter arrogance, resentment (exactly like one sees in many an active alcoholic btw...) - 'everyone has done me wrong/is doing ME wrong'. I felt his 'f u' was totally staged - IMO it was NOT 'former cop' showing his humanity, but, rather, just stage acting FOR THE CAMERA (lol IMO how he sat, totally on purpose, face-on to the camera----'see, I am a cop, like you, but I am human and can crack/blow up with a little 'f u' '..) --quite skeery actually. About the lie detector examiner: IMO, the police think that 'the BF' hated Crystal's guts & murdered her in hatred, but that officer kept nudging on 'former cop', hoping he'd come around to say something along the lines of, 'YOU & i BOTH are brilliant law enf' officers - we are 'one'--------yup', my bro' phoned me and said Crystal fell down 3 stairs & was bloodied & deader than a doorknob, and by bro' was skeered that police wouldn't believe him.... blah de blah...'

It stood out to me when the officer brought up his police car trunk - Me Thinksth Former Cop Answered Waaay Too Fast on that one.... (Sorrowfully I must say..) IMO seems 100 percent that Crystal WAS in fact transported in that trunk.

As to the 'BF': Yes, that phone call from 'former cop-bro' ' was ridiculous IMO --- IMO BF was COMPLETELY acting for the cameras ---- it felt like watching a couple high schoolers doing some quite crummy acting in a school play -----I even felt like BF was deliberately 'turning himself' toward the camera, so all would be clear for the video replays ! Also, BF: Posters here brilliant!!-------yes, I think BF with his 'open arms' & over and over 'I am NOT hiring a lawyer cuz' I didn't do anything...(see how honest I am & patient with you, completely trying to be helpful...?)' & 'former cop' did something with Crystal's body such that that lady won't be found. I also felt that BF really hated Crystal----in (warped) BF's mind, Crystal deserved to be killed/it is good that BF has murdered Crystal/Crystal 'mouthed off' and caused her own death.......

When BF said that line about Crystal going out and having loooong 'fantasy parties' with her pals, BF IMO let us see a glimpse of his true self: To BF, Crystal was a total boring Loser (COMPLETELY unlike Brilliant-Winner-BF, 'natch!!!).

As to BOTH brothers: Yes---brilliant poster here sees the farm 'bonfire'/running-around was deliberate smoke & mirrors, prob' thunk'up by 'former cop'. WOW. It made me feel so sad, grief, sorrow for Crystal's family. IMO, BF cared about BF, and 'former cop' cared about 'former cop'. What happened to both of them that they wound up to be so incredibly warped/'deformed' & utterly selfish (narcissistic---extraordinarily personality-disordered, both of them)???

THIS ^^^
Sorry I don't have much to add now bc you said it.
There was a blurb on WAVE 3 today about Crystal so I was glad to hear her case is still in the news.

Yep.......no body.....no crime. It's working out great for the brothers.

Maybe they should rename it the "Houck Doctrine".
The 'no body, no crime' notion has been abolished in both the UK and the US since the mid 20th century. Obviously it's more difficult, but a homicide case can indeed be prosecuted successfully without a body. It's been done hundreds of times.

http://www.nobodycases.com/no_body2.pdf

Bumping for Crystal, her parents, her darling children and all those who loved her. Hoping for a resolution!

Respectfully Snipped

You know what bothers me even more than that ? The fact that Wal-mart is putting their christmas stuff out around Labor Day now ........that's what really bothers me.

Funny that you mention Wal-mart....I have been reading so much about this case, and the one thing that keeps jumping out at me is BH mention of Wal-mart in two seperate statements. Both times he mentioned it, it seemed completely out of place and not necessary. When I street viewed Walmart near the Blue Grass parkway there are what looks to be corn fields (maybe!) Anyway, with the discovery of bodily fluids in the police cruiser, I wonder if she has been placed somewhere near that Walmart. No-one would bat an eye at a police cruiser parked on the side of the road in the middle of the night.

Hope that makes sense, and I apologise if this has been discussed before.

Funny that you mention Wal-mart....I have been reading so much about this case, and the one thing that keeps jumping out at me is BH mention of Wal-mart in two seperate statements. Both times he mentioned it, it seemed completely out of place and not necessary. When I street viewed Walmart near the Blue Grass parkway there are what looks to be corn fields (maybe!) Anyway, with the discovery of bodily fluids in the police cruiser, I wonder if she has been placed somewhere near that Walmart. No-one would bat an eye at a police cruiser parked on the side of the road in the middle of the night.

Hope that makes sense, and I apologise if this has been discussed before.

I sort of doubt they would be so sloppy and lazy as to dump her body in a field close to a busy road. I think part of the reason that both brothers seem to have such an air of defiance and arrogance is because neither one of them believes she will ever be found. Not to mention, I imagine her family and others have searched every square foot of land they could search in the last 4 months including fields, pastures, woods and shrub land.

I commented the other day about "No body, no crime". It seems to have struck a nerve in some people, but it wasn't necessarily me saying that as much as the police chief himself. All you have to do is look at his statement, and one can read between the lines well enough to know they aren't going to try and prosecute this case without a body. It seems very clear to me. On one hand LE claims they believe she has been murdered, and on the other hand they claim she may in fact be a missing person. With that kind of a see-saw rational, it appears pretty clear to me that nothing further is going to be done up until the time she's found, if that ever happens.

From the police chief,

“Many of you have asked, sent emails, and stopped me on the street to ask why our former officer isn’t charged with a crime. Good question but allow me to teach a quick lesson in Criminal Procedure 101. First, at this point, this is a Missing Person case (legally speaking) being investigated by the NCSO. A Missing Person case is NOT a criminal case. What our former officer did during the interview was NOT acceptable ONLY because he was an officer. He did NOT give a “heads-up” and prevent his brother from questioning. That is all false rumor stuff. You saw the interview, obviously he stopped nothing. Secondly, a person cannot be charged with a crime when there is not a criminal case, if it becomes a criminal case then perhaps, but under our laws there is nothing at this point. And yes, the NCSO and I have both consulted with prosecutors. Regularly. Our former officer was fired only on administrative charges, not criminal charges. His actions were not acceptable for that of a police officer.Thirdly, the main focus of my decision was the phone call to his brother during that interview.

http://www.wtvq.com/2015/10/25/chief-takes-to-social-media-to-explain-procedure/

No body, no charges.........that's what BH and possibly others are counting on.

I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, and I also know that her family and friends have searched that area relentlessly since she disappeared. So far..nothing.

I sort of doubt they would be so sloppy and lazy as to dump her body in a field close to a busy road. I think part of the reason that both brothers seem to have such an air of defiance and arrogance is because neither one of them believes she will ever be found. Not to mention, I imagine her family and others have searched every square foot of land they could search in the last 4 months including fields, pastures, woods and shrub land.

I commented the other day about "No body, no crime". It seems to have struck a nerve in some people, but it wasn't necessarily me saying that as much as the police chief himself. All you have to do is look at his statement, and one can read between the lines well enough to know they aren't going to try and prosecute this case without a body. It seems very clear to me. On one hand LE claims they believe she has been murdered, and on the other hand they claim she may in fact be a missing person. With that kind of a see-saw rational, it appears pretty clear to me that nothing further is going to be done up until the time she's found, if that ever happens.

http://www.wtvq.com/2015/10/25/chief-takes-to-social-media-to-explain-procedure/

No body, no charges.........that's what BH and possibly others are counting on.

I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, and I also know that her family and friends have searched that area relentlessly since she disappeared. So far..nothing.

I do want to point out that you are quoting the Bardstown police chief, and not the Sheriff. Bardstown Police are not the investigating agency, Nelson County Sheriff's Office is. Further, the police chief waffles constantly, as he has been under fire for many things about this case. He has spoken out of turn, I believe, in the past about the case, chastised the community publicly for asking questions about his officer (Houk), etc. Nothing that he says should be taken as an indication of anything regarding the investigation itself, which is out of a completely different agency. This man is only trying to cover his butt, and constantly since this began.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melissaw