Identified! KY - Elizabethtown, Fem UP11327, bee earrings, May'13 - Madiha Roshdy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.whas11.com/news/Police-r...ed-unidentified-woman-210030201.html?ref=next

In this video at 51 seconds the Law Enforcement officer with the blue glove on the left picks up what looks like something that would be worn on the head. He and another guy are handling it around the 52 second mark I believe. What do you all believe this to be??

Well at first, I thought it was the bed sheet the woman was wrapped in, but it could have been something else. The camera cuts to quickly for me to really get a good glimpse of what it might be.

Well at first, I thought it was the bed sheet the woman was wrapped in, but it could have been something else. The camera cuts to quickly for me to really get a good glimpse of what it might be.

Do you think then it could have been just a portion of a "fitted" bed sheet shown? It looks like if it was a bed sheet, it would be where the corner is to a fitted sheet. It happens so fast, that who knows if it is part of a bed sheet or part of a head garment.

If it was a head garment that is worn by muslim women wouldn't LE have included that in their description?

If it was a head garment that is worn by muslim women wouldn't LE have included that in their description?

They didn't add the shower curtain detail until later, so who is to say why they aren't admitting more evidence, ya know? Obviously, it is something that
has Not been shown to the public yet, whether it is a bedsheet or burqa or what, but it was on the video......

The authorities need to find this lady's identity. I know that it is not always wise to release very much to the public in case that leads to vigilantism or "fake" confessions, etc. But the police and the public know she was murdered. They know they don't know who she is.

"We" (the general public or anyone else who may need to know) should not have anything held back from us if it could lead to someone identifying her. It will be hard for the authorities to go after her murderer if no one knows who the victim is. Why don't they release details not relating to the specific act of her murder to help find out who she is?

The authorities need to find this lady's identity. I know that it is not always wise to release very much to the public in case that leads to vigilantism or "fake" confessions, etc. But the police and the public know she was murdered. They know they don't know who she is.

"We" (the general public or anyone else who may need to know) should not have anything held back from us if it could lead to someone identifying her. It will be hard for the authorities to go after her murderer if no one knows who the victim is. Why don't they release details not relating to the specific act of her murder to help find out who she is?

At first it was just the earring, ring, hoodie that was shown to the public, then the shower curtain. We know a bedsheet was discussed on one video, and it looked like a pink robe(in my opinion) was also there with this UID, but the pink robe and the sheet have not yet been shown by the detective on this case to the public.There was also pink sweatpants, that has not been shown as well.
So, why they are holding back those items, and not presenting them, I don't know. Maybe they aren't as significant as the other items released. The shower curtain is unusual, but that was not released until later. Maybe they contacted motels/hotels first as they mention hotel/motels or a resort when talking about the shower curtain in the video. The curtain may have come from someone's home, but maybe they wanted to check some locations first before going public with it. And possibly the same with the items not yet released, for sake of the integrity of the case.....

From Erin Haynes Reporting from this article and video, at 54 seconds she states:
"From above in WLKY's news chopper you can see investigators collecting a PINK ROBE from the scene. "
This comment lasted from 54 seconds to the 60 second mark, and you see the pink robe in the video. Now, it is possible the reporter made a mistake and instead of robe she should have said sweatpants, but it looks like a robe and she (the reporter) has talked to LE.
Also in the same video at 1 minute 20 seconds the LE Officer states "clothing, tattoos, things like that, obviously that's something we're gonna be looking at."
Now whether he made a comment in general, or it was towards this UID, who knows.
So, she could have a pink robe, and she could have a tattoo/tattoos.....who knows just yet.

http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news...18420/20341182/-/item/0/-/tk8p4iz/-/index.htm

The jewellry left on her tells me this was not a planned murder and the person panicked afterwards and tried to get rid of the body as quicky as possible, not carefully thinking. If that's true there should have been some fingerprints at least on the shower curtain. Seems a good material to retrieve fingerprints from and I'm sure it was thouroughly dusted by LE. However, apparently there either were no usable prints or the prints they found were not in any databases.

I downloaded the photo of her top from Kentucky State Police's facebook page and cropped it so that the pattern in the gray stripe can be seen better. Unfortunately, it's not quite hi-res enough to see if the pink dots are beads, something metallic, etc.

Although the top may still be homemade, it's not as ragged/uneven as it looks in the photo originally posted by KSP. When I zoomed in on it to do the crop, I realized the black background wasn't original to the picture--they cropped the image as best they could and moved it to that background. Some of what looks like jagged edges/hemline is pixelation from the original background.

Attachments

• hoodie crop.jpg
    hoodie crop.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 86
I downloaded the photo of her top from Kentucky State Police's facebook page and cropped it so that the pattern in the gray stripe can be seen better. Unfortunately, it's not quite hi-res enough to see if the pink dots are beads, something metallic, etc.

Although the top may still be homemade, it's not as ragged/uneven as it looks in the photo originally posted by KSP. When I zoomed in on it to do the crop, I realized the black background wasn't original to the picture--they cropped the image as best they could and moved it to that background. Some of what looks like jagged edges/hemline is pixelation from the original background.

This is a great pic! :) Thanks so much for doing this.

I remember the actual video, from the news, I saw the pink material they lifted, I think they did not mean for that to be on the news....but I assumed they raised her legs, and the pink was from her pants...but there was a robe?? Also...looking at the top...it has a
scrunchy material...like a flower on what looks like the zipper pull...looks like a night-top.

I totally agree.

I am from Canada, it's cold up here, and this totally looks like a soft, fleece, night/comfy top or pajamas.

Great post.

Not sure if this is crazy or not, but since her description isn't really matching anyone missing, could she be an Amish girl on Rumspringa? There are Amish communities galore in that area. Just an idea.

Not sure if this is crazy or not, but since her description isn't really matching anyone missing, could she be an Amish girl on Rumspringa? There are Amish communities galore in that area. Just an idea.

It does give something to think about, doesn't it? Amish girls on Rumspringa could wear nail polish to experience the "outside world". But what about the jewelry? I would think if an Amish girl would want to experience life outside of the Amish community, she would wear jewelry that is more modern. This jewelry being "pure gold" as a reporter stated would be expensive for an Amish girl,in my opinion...and where would she have gotten it from?
I like the way you think though! :) Great post!

Stephanie Adkins? Last seen 5/14?

http://ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Miss...s-(3)&classname=Custom.MissingPersonsDatabase

•Height: 5'4"
•Weight: 140
27 years old, brown hair appears to have natural curl

Great suggestion! Question: I'm still not really clear on the level of decomposition. Would it have been possible to see any tattoos?

Also, I just realized that Stephanie went missing a day before the UID was found, and it sounds like the UID had been there longer than a day.

Great suggestion! Question: I'm still not really clear on the level of decomposition. Would it have been possible to see any tattoos?

Also, I just realized that Stephanie went missing a day before the UID was found, and it sounds like the UID had been there longer than a day.

From this video the law enforcement officer does talk about a tattoo/tattos but I don't know if that is just a comment in general of what they look for. He says it at the minute and 20 seconds interval.

http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news...8420/20341182/-/item/0/-/tk8p4iz/-/index.html

Also in this particular video......

http://www.whas11.com/news/Police-r...ed-unidentified-woman-210030201.html?ref=next

In the video reporter Brittany Gonzalez says...."Police said she'd been dead one to two days". Then at 1 minute 47 seconds the detective talks about the time period......
"We found her the morning of the 29th, so 28th, earliest the 27th, some time frame around there,
a couple days prior to a day prior. "

When I saw the jewellry my first thought was that it was Indian or Middle Eastern and others seem to agree. I think this girl is from that area and her description seem to be consistent with that.

When I read in this thread there seem to either be a huge difference between muslims here in Sweden and in the US or that people have little knowledge of muslim women. The ones I know would absolutely have highlights (yes even the ones who wears a headscarf, they do remove it for their husband, some male relatives and other women). Hair dressers that have an area that cannot be seen from the outside can often book a lot of muslim women for all kinds of hair treatments. The muslims I know and the ones I see in the area I live (a multicultural area) almost all of them wear western clothes but they pick the ones that fit with their idea of modesty. A long hoody and sweat pants would definitely do that if you add a head scarf as well. Not all muslim women wear head scarves of course but I am not ruling out this one did. If it is a woman from the Middle East or India/Pakistan I think she is a bride from the motherland whose husband was not the dream she hoped he would be. I don't think this was an 'honor killing', the body was covered and dumped and such killings are often much more open and not hidden to those who needs to see that honor has been restored. The community knowing that the person was killed and who s/he was killed by is often part of giving back the honor of the family. Some people doing an honor killing would even report volontarily to the police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back