Identified! KY - Elizabethtown, Fem UP11327, bee earrings, May'13 - Madiha Roshdy

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There's still no update on the autopsy report from what I can find. I was hoping it'd be out by today since it'd been two weeks.

Well something keeps popping up in my head. That shower curtain wouldn't be seen in ANY home. Usually a family home with kids. Its a very distinctive shower curtain. I don't think all adults would go for a bright themed shower curtain in their home if it was just them. When I was younger, my bathroom had a duck shower curtain.

I think so, it might be a curtain from the kids bathroom. The curtain actually was what made me think it was an act of a domestic violence. It seems like the perp massacred this poor girl in the anger and then was trying to clean everything. She has many injuries on her face and head so she had to bleed profusely and the perp had to wrap her into something watertight, to avoid having any blood traces in his car, so he grabbed first thing he saw - a shover curtain. That also makes me think he is living somewhere close, because I cannot imagine a panicked perp driving any long distance with a dead body wrapped in a shover curtain in his car.

Could she have been attacked in her own bedroom and then her attacker rip down the shower curtain from the kids bathroom and wrap her up in it? It definitely looks like she must have been getting ready for bed. Maybe her boyfriend or hubby got into a fight while the kids were asleep? And he accidently killed her or did it on purpose? I'm sorry, its 5:00 AM here and I'm thinking weirdly.

The hoodie she was wearing when found does not look like a garment one would use as pajamas. The hood looks quite thick and seems to have some kind of trimming, that looks like a fur. It wouldn't be very comfortable to sleep in. So I think these were her daily clothes. A lot of women, younger ones especially, wear sweatpants during the day, not only as the comfy home clothes. Does anybody know if there were any shoes found with her?

Attachments

• boss lady #25.jpg
    boss lady #25.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 67
The use of a shower curtain may indicate that she was placed in a bathtub to so that she could bleed-out, and then wrapped in the shower curtain for removal.

This would appear to be a domestic violence scenario. If so, the victim probably would not be reported missing unless her absence was noticed by siblings or parents. But if this is an immigrant living here with a spouse, and the spouse is the perp. It might not occur to the parents/siblings that she is missing.

I agree this girl didn't come too far from where she was dumped. And I believe it was domestic too. I wonder what was going through this person's mind when they do something like this? And why leave such distinctive jewelry on her? Maybe he knew that she was illegal or here on a visa and wouldn't be identified right away? JMo

I think so, it might be a curtain from the kids bathroom. The curtain actually was what made me think it was an act of a domestic violence. It seems like the perp massacred this poor girl in the anger and then was trying to clean everything. She has many injuries on her face and head so she had to bleed profusely and the perp had to wrap her into something watertight, to avoid having any blood traces in his car, so he grabbed first thing he saw - a shover curtain. That also makes me think he is living somewhere close, because I cannot imagine a panicked perp driving any long distance with a dead body wrapped in a shover curtain in his car.

The hoodie she was wearing when found does not look like a garment one would use as pajamas. The hood looks quite thick and seems to have some kind of trimming, that looks like a fur. It wouldn't be very comfortable to sleep in. So I think these were her daily clothes. A lot of women, younger ones especially, wear sweatpants during the day, not only as the comfy home clothes. Does anybody know if there were any shoes found with her?

For myself, the hoodie pajamas sets that I have, I haven't slept in the hoodie. In the mornings when it is cool, I will wear that, or say when I walk out on the patio, etc...perhaps, this was the same for her?

This is from an article from June 4th.

"In NAMUS, her eye color is listed as brown with a note below reading, “Due to decomposition, eye color can only be predicted as being brown.”

“I don’t think her own mother would recognize her if she saw the body,” Chaffins said.

Adding to the difficulty of identifying a decomposing body, he said, is the nature of where she was found.

With the body being found along the side of a major interstate, Chaffins said it is possible she was killed and dumped along the highway. Interstate 65 runs from Mobile, Ala., to Gary, Ind."

http://www.radcliff.www.thenewsenterprise.com/content/body-found-i-65-remains-unidentified

I don't know if there is any significance for this UID, of her ring worn on her right middle finger per NamUS, but I found an internet article about rings worn on different fingers....
The NamUs info.....
"Gold colored ring bearing central solid turquoise colored oval stone surrounded by clear stones, perhaps diamonds, set in ornate gold filigree on right middle finger."
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11333

The article I found about wearing rings on different fingers....

http://www.ehow.com/about_5076877_meaning-rings-fingers.html

"Middle Finger
Wearing a ring on the middle finger of the yin hand represents the ability to tell the difference between right and wrong and having the authority to determine what is right and wrong. Wearing the ring on the middle finger of the yang hand indicates the tendency to look to others to provide guidance about what is right and wrong and what is legal."

The Yin hand and the Yang hand depends on whether you are right or left handed. It explains that in the article.

Read more: Meaning of Rings on Fingers | eHow http://www.ehow.com/about_5076877_meaning-rings-fingers.html#ixzz2WD75S1dK

This picture is from the USA article: She is number 25 "Boss Lady". Her plaid outfit is similar to our victim. HMMMMM.....

Coming back to this find once more - Houston Mom, maybe you should forward your observation to the ivestigating office?

This picture is from the USA article: She is number 25 "Boss Lady". Her plaid outfit is similar to our victim. HMMMMM.....

Not to be critical/unhelpful, but I'm not sure that a woman who wears a full head scarf would wear dangling earrings of the type worn by the victim. I'd also note that there's no mention of the police finding a scarf among her belongings.

Best possible practice would be to piece the skull back together and then using a reconstructive artist to get a likeness of the face. JMO

Not to be critical/unhelpful, but I'm not sure that a woman who wears a full head scarf would wear dangling earrings of the type worn by the victim. I'd also note that there's no mention of the police finding a scarf among her belongings.

As I understand it Houston Mom was not saying that this girl in the photo is the body they found. She was referring to the top the girl in the photo is wearing - it looks like a similar pattern to the victim's hoodie. It could give investigators clues as to the woman's origin.

I do not understand the thinking she is Muslim, what did I miss?

Coming back to this find once more - Houston Mom, maybe you should forward your observation to the ivestigating office?

I don't think it is a perfect match and from my research the gal in question seems to have changed her ways. But it does point to the possibility that a woman of her nationality (Somali) may wear a similar garment. I think we are all in agreement that her ring and earring is not typically American. Who are you Elizabeth Doe?

I do know that Elizabethtown is 45 miles South of Louisville. Louisville is served by the following interstates.

Interstate 64 runs from Norfolk, Virginia to St. Louis, Missouri.

Interstate 65 runs from Mobile, Alabama to Gary, Indiana.

Interstate 71 runs from Louisville, Kentucky to Cleveland, Ohio.

Keep in mind that in Gary, Indiana, Interstate 65 connects with Interstate 90 and Interstate 94 which goes through the Chicago area, through Wisconsin, and up to Minnesota.

If the victim isn't anywhere within an one hour drive from Elizabethtown, then the USA Today news article from 2012 should be taken into account. The possibility exists that the victim could have come anywhere from Alabama to Minnesota or Alabama to Ohio.

As I read about this, I was thinking sex trafficking of a person who is not a U.S. citizen.

I work for an organization that works with children who are sex trafficked. The whole scenario - not being reported missing, ambiguous ethnicity, foreign-looking ring (that the perp LEFT ON the victim), and the clothing looking home-made is what made me think this.

The Argyle pattern shirt looks to be made of flannel and pieced together with the white stripe in the middle being from another fabric. It looks more like kids' bed sheet flannel fabric than hoodie fabric to me.

The shape of the arms do not look to be mass manufactured by a machine.

I think that the police KNOW that she was involved in sex trafficking, and that is why they did not release some of the details earlier (including possibly a burqa that we don't know about).

Just my two cents.

As I read about this, I was thinking sex trafficking of a person who is not a U.S. citizen.

I work for an organization that works with children who are sex trafficked. The whole scenario - not being reported missing, ambiguous ethnicity, foreign-looking ring (that the perp LEFT ON the victim), and the clothing looking home-made is what made me think this.

The Argyle pattern shirt looks to be made of flannel and pieced together with the white stripe in the middle being from another fabric. It looks more like kids' bed sheet flannel fabric than hoodie fabric to me.

The shape of the arms do not look to be mass manufactured by a machine.

I think that the police KNOW that she was involved in sex trafficking, and that is why they did not release some of the details earlier (including possibly a burqa that we don't know about).

Just my two cents.

WOW! Very thought provoking. In one of the videos I saw something white that would fit over the hair and head, but I thought that was something from the medical examiner. Let's see if I can find that video and I will post it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back