Identified! KY - Elizabethtown, Fem UP11327, bee earrings, May'13 - Madiha Roshdy

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was she even listed in missing persons database? Or was she never reported?

Confused as to why I didn't see her missing when I checked TN missing persons database!

I know the missing persons website isnt like a giant computer that automatically inputs and houses all missing persons. I wish it were easier to keep track of all these ppl :(. I suppose her husband never reported her missing and he was probably the only family she had here. Ugh what a grade a bonafide monster (the husband).

God be with her Children and Please Keep them Safe!!!!!!

Was she even listed in missing persons database? Or was she never reported?

Confused as to why I didn't see her missing when I checked TN missing persons database!

I know the missing persons website isnt like a giant computer that automatically inputs and houses all missing persons. I wish it were easier to keep track of all these ppl :(. I suppose her husband never reported her missing and he was probably the only family she had here. Ugh what a grade a bonafide monster (the husband).

God be with her Children and Please Keep them Safe!!!!!!

http://www.wave3.com/story/22697441/woman-found-on-side-of-i-65-identified

"Roshdy was reported as a missing person on June 20 by a friend who learned her family members in Egypt were concerned for her welfare. "

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2013/jun/27/body-found-interstate-65-kentucky-has-been-identif/

"The Metro Nashville Police Department had a missing person report on Hafzalla" (Madiha Roshdy Hafzalla)

o/t here but to give some reflection on cases like these:

My ex has a cousin who married a egyptian man. they have 2 sons. She left her husband due to DV and hid out at my exML's house. The man she was divorcing often drove by and threatened to cut her nose, ears and eyes off/out. He threatened to steal the boys and take them back. The reason for the face mutilation was because (as I understand it) "no ears to hear her lover calling" a nose off your face to spite it. Eyes out so you can't see your lover. Anyway, thankfully courts got involved and restraining orders are in place. It took a YEAR though!!! She's scared to death and in hiding. If he could have taken the kids he would have. During the nights when they slept - they went to a secret location out of fear. The boys couldn't go to school etc. If you make it to Egypt - the chances of interpol are slim. From what I understand, you just disappear.

http://glasgowdailytimes.com/local/...ATE-Body-of-woman-found-I-65-identified/print

Interesting article that says Madiha was identified by finger prints, and that most likely she was murdered in her apartment in Nashville, Tn. and then dumped off the interstate near Elizabethtown, Kentucky.

"Roshdy was reported as a missing person on the evening of June 20 by a friend who learned that family members in Egypt were concerned for her welfare. The police department’s Homicide/Cold Case Unit, which coordinates adult missing person investigations, spoke by telephone with family members in Egypt through an interpreter last week and entered Roshdy’s information into a national law enforcement database. The Kentucky connection was then established."

i'm really wondering how bad of a state her body was in. they never stated she had children, they didn't remark any dental work done out of the country, they couldn't tell the race or height.

This poor woman. Domestic Violence is a real bad demon and it's so sick and so sad the lives it takes. It doesn't just make the deceased a victim but her children too.

i'm really wondering how bad of a state her body was in. they never stated she had children, they didn't remark any dental work done out of the country, they couldn't tell the race or height.

This poor woman. Domestic Violence is a real bad demon and it's so sick and so sad the lives it takes. It doesn't just make the deceased a victim but her children too.

She has two children.

http://glasgowdailytimes.com/local/...ATE-Body-of-woman-found-I-65-identified/print

" apartment Roshdy shared with her husband and two young daughters "
Snipped from the link I posted.

Is that what you mean, or do you mean NamUs didn't report/identify that she had children, by looking at certain characteristics of the body?

That they didn't report the characteristics of her body.

They had the age off BIG time (although I could see why based on clothing). I wonder how much joe q public even knows about UID's that we are trying to match up. She's from TN and there wasn't even close to enough for any of us to identify. The only thing that made most of you lean towards middle east was the jewelry. Had she not had that - I think we all would have guessed Hispanic, young and never ID'd her.

This case is just sad sad sad but her family has an answer and that's all that matters in the end.

That they didn't report the characteristics of her body.

They had the age off BIG time (although I could see why based on clothing). I wonder how much joe q public even knows about UID's that we are trying to match up. She's from TN and there wasn't even close to enough for any of us to identify. The only thing that made most of you lean towards middle east was the jewelry. Had she not had that - I think we all would have guessed Hispanic, young and never ID'd her.

This case is just sad sad sad but her family has an answer and that's all that matters in the end.

Considering what you said about your personal experience with the friend who was afraid of having her face mutilated by that horrible man...

They didn't mention eye color (were her eyes gone?)

We only have one earring (were her ears taken off and the ear/earring got wrapped up with shower curtain?)

No dentals (no teeth possibly)

No nose (well they didn't mention that but sometimes nose can help one indicate a more clear idea of race)

I think you are spot on with this. I have a feeling the body was in a condition similar to what your friend feared would happen to her!

Considering what you said about your personal experience with the friend who was afraid of having her face mutilated by that horrible man...

They didn't mention eye color (were her eyes gone?)

We only have one earring (were her ears taken off and the ear/earring got wrapped up with shower curtain?)

No dentals (no teeth possibly)

No nose (well they didn't mention that but sometimes nose can help one indicate a more clear idea of race)

I think you are spot on with this. I have a feeling the body was in a condition similar to what your friend feared would happen to her!

They listed her eyes as brown, but because of decomposition, I believe is why it was most probable brown, and I think it was listed that way.

I believe they were working on her dental chart.

Early on one law enforcement person said because of what she looked like, not even her mother would be able to recognize her.... That is telling of the horrors she faced. She was brutally beaten, and who knows what else he did to her.

They did have her DNA, fingerprints.

With her being unidentified for just about a month, I would say that was pretty quick in the realm of things.

NamUS also did not have a photo of the shower curtain, bedsheet, or pink sweatpants, and there was a mention of a pink robe by a reporter as well.

All in All,with the condition of her body, the fact that she is originally from Egypt, with family there, I think the identification was quite quick.
Like I mentioned before I am very impressed with the Kentucky State Police.
But now for any more tips, the state of Tennessee (Nashville) will be handling those.

Timeline..
Sat 25th May 2013 - Madiha last reported for work at in South Nashville
Sun 26th May 2013 - Madiha was last seen by neighbours.
Mon 27th May 2013 - date Police think Madiha's body was left alongside the Highway.
Wed 29th May 2013 - 9:45am Madiha's body was found by a mowing crew Interstate 65 near Elizabethtown
Fri 30th May 2013 - Police ask for help in Identifying woman - WS put out an UID thread for her.
Fri 7th June 2013 - Alaa Youssef (Her) husband with the 2 daughters flew out of Nashville to Cairo
Sat 8th June - Alaa Youssef (Her) husband with the 2 daughters arrive in Cairo

12 days later...
Th 20th June 2013 - Friends in Egypt report her missing to US authorities
Th 27th June 2013 - Madiha was identified.

If any of the timeline is wrong let me know and I'll fix it.

The couple lived in South Nashville.
The husband worked in Shelbyville - which is a drive from Nashville along the Highway 65 where her body was found.
Was the body dumped when he was on his way to work (or coming home from work) on the Monday (27th)? (I'm not very good with the road direction and which side she was found on).
Did he drive past the spot and saw that they had found the body and then get out of the country?
I wonder if he thought she would not be found so soon. He waited a week before leaving the US.

Map of route:
http://goo.gl/maps/8lmGm

Timeline..
Mon 27th May 2013 - date Police think Madiha's body was left alongside the Highway.
Wed 29th May 2013 - 9:45am Madiha's body was found by a mowing crew Interstate 65 near Elizabethtown
Fri 30th May 2013 - Police ask for help in Identifying woman - WS put out an UID thread for her.
Fri 7th June 2013 - Alaa Youssef (Her) husband with the 2 daughters flew out of Nashville to Cairo

12 days later...

The husband worked in Shelbyville - which is a drive from Nashville along the Highway 65 where her body was found.
Was the body dumped when he was on his way to work (or coming home from work) on the Monday (27th)? (I'm not very good with the road direction and which side she was found on).
Did he drive past the spot and saw that they had found the body and then get out of the country?
I wonder if he thought she would not be found so soon. He waited a week before leaving the US.

Map of route:

Thanks for the timeline! Fantastic! :)

She was identified/media reports released of her identification on June 26th 2013, Wednesday.

I'm happy and sad both. Happy she was identified, very sad about what happened to her. Very sad for her children too who are now living with the likely murderer of their mother.

RIP Madiha ! I hope justice will be served.

They listed her eyes as brown, but because of decomposition, I believe is why it was most probable brown, and I think it was listed that way.

I believe they were working on her dental chart.

Early on one law enforcement person said because of what she looked like, not even her mother would be able to recognize her.... That is telling of the horrors she faced. She was brutally beaten, and who knows what else he did to her.

They did have her DNA, fingerprints.

With her being unidentified for just about a month, I would say that was pretty quick in the realm of things.

NamUS also did not have a photo of the shower curtain, bedsheet, or pink sweatpants, and there was a mention of a pink robe by a reporter as well.

All in All,with the condition of her body, the fact that she is originally from Egypt, with family there, I think the identification was quite quick.
Like I mentioned before I am very impressed with the Kentucky State Police.
But now for any more tips, the state of Tennessee (Nashville) will be handling those.

Thank you for your thorough dedication to this thread Treelight and helping me get up to date since I came into this case quite late.

I hope you begin/moderate more threads in the future.

Very direct info.

Bless you!

Timeline..

12 days later...

Map of route:

Maybe he was short on having funds to fly out of town immediately? Perhaps had to get his paycheck/make money before he could afford the 3 expensive tickets?

Moo

Thank you for your thorough dedication to this thread Treelight and helping me get up to date since I came into this case quite late.

I hope you begin/moderate more threads in the future.

Very direct info.

Bless you!

Thank you for your kind words! :)

the delay in leaving the country probably had to do with passports and kids. there's some strict guidelines. i'm wondering if they had dual citizenship?

i bet if he hadn't returned to Cairo with family minus mom .. no one would have been none the wiser. going home is what allowed her to be identified in a sense. they spotted dad and kids but no mom, highly unusual in this culture. the fact he beat her to the point she was unrecognizable is heartbreaking. anyone who damages anyone's face does so out of pure hate and anger. The amount of rage is enough to make you step back and feel sick.

Sleuthers, We knew she wasn't American born, and probably from Eastern Europe, Middle East or India, we knew it was domestic violence and we knew she probably had kids. I think we did a good job! Madiha RIP.

Rest in peace, Madiha.

May justice come for you and your babies. :(

I am so relieved to know that she has been identified and IMO humanizing her in knowing exactly who this wife, mother, sibling, friend was.

Rest in Peace Madiha! and may justice be served on your behalf.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back