KY KY - Miya Tucker, 8-months, not found during welfare check, parents arrested for child abandonment & drug possession, Reynolds Station, 6 Jun 2024

"It's heartbreaking," he said. "I think this, at least, at this point, is somewhat closure, not only to our investigators but the community at large ... For the community as well as our detectives, this is the beginning of starting to heal and having that closure we need. But it's far from being over."

"Without any cooperation from the people that should know where this child is, this (searching) is what we have to do," King said Friday before the body was discovered.

KSP said another man, Timothy Roach, was seen throwing unprescribed suboxone under a vehicle as troopers were entering a driveway. Roach is facing drug charges.

Hours before investigators discovered the body, King said, "What launched this investigation was merely the missing 8-month-old and that typically, when we do missing cases, that's where we concentrate and focus on our efforts. But it has broadened so large into a drug trafficking operation, yet with no cooperation from the family, it's different in that way, that this has gone this long without any answers or evidence suggesting whether this baby is dead or alive."

With Miya not being seen since April, I thought chances of her body being recovered were very low. Am glad there is at least some closure and that Miya will now be able to be laid to rest properly/respectfully.

I hope her 3 older siblings are fairing okay and have been placed in a healthy environment- and hopefully together. Life doesn't seem to have been very kind to them up to this point.

In a news release, KSP says the baby Miya Rudd’s parents, Tesla Tucker and Cage Rudd, grandparent Ricky Smith and Brodie Payne have been charged with Abuse of a Corpse, Tampering with Physical Evidence and Failure of Person to Report the Death of a Person.

Additional charges are likely as the investigation continues, according to KSP.

Troopers confirmed they located the remains of the 8-month-old inside the family home in Ohio County, Kentucky.

The decomposed body was located inside the Rudd residence hidden in a concealed manner, according to investigators.
UPDATE: 4 charged after Miya Rudd’s body found ‘concealed’ inside Ohio County home

it takes a special variety of depravity to live alongside the decomposing remains of your infant day after day after day.

In a news release, KSP says the baby Miya Rudd’s parents, Tesla Tucker and Cage Rudd, grandparent Ricky Smith and Brodie Payne have been charged with Abuse of a Corpse, Tampering with Physical Evidence and Failure of Person to Report the Death of a Person.

Additional charges are likely as the investigation continues, according to KSP.

Troopers confirmed they located the remains of the 8-month-old inside the family home in Ohio County, Kentucky.

The decomposed body was located inside the Rudd residence hidden in a concealed manner, according to investigators.
UPDATE: 4 charged after Miya Rudd’s body found ‘concealed’ inside Ohio County home

it takes a special variety of depravity to live alongside the decomposing remains of your infant day after day after day.
Poverty isn’t responsible for this depravity. Plenty of people grow up in poverty or live in poverty and don’t live alongside your dead baby’s body for weeks or months.

JMO YMMV

Poverty isn’t responsible for this depravity. Plenty of people grow up in poverty or live in poverty and don’t live alongside your dead baby’s body for weeks or months.

JMO YMMV
Nope, this wasn't poverty this was drug addiction being the #1 priority among all the adults in that home.

jmo

All of them are facing a list of other charges, including trafficking drugs and engaging in organized crime.

A charge of abandonment of a minor was dismissed.

The judge also found probable cause to send the older charges to a grand jury.

Monday in court, Tucker cried as she awaited her turn in front of the judge.
[snip]
The next hearings were set for June 24 at 9 a.m.
Parents, grandfather of Ohio Co. baby, Miya Rudd appear in court

All of them are facing a list of other charges, including trafficking drugs and engaging in organized crime.

A charge of abandonment of a minor was dismissed.

The judge also found probable cause to send the older charges to a grand jury.

Monday in court, Tucker cried as she awaited her turn in front of the judge.
[snip]
The next hearings were set for June 24 at 9 a.m.
Parents, grandfather of Ohio Co. baby, Miya Rudd appear in court

Were the tears because of grief or withdrawal?

WKYT just showed a clip of the courtroom with all of the family present. Whew. They are a sight to behold.

IMO if convicted they are going to jail for a very long time. I wouldn't be surprised if little one succumbed to an overdose. It'll come out in the autopsy. Probably a kinder ending than the alternative. I hate saying that.

I'm guessing the dogs didn't search the house due to the dangerous exposure to fentanyl. There are cops that become sick just breathing it in the air . Scary stuff.

I'll go looking for a link now.

Officials say several rooms inside of the home contained drug residue and large amounts of trash.

“…specifically the bag of meth was in a room with a basinet, a child’s bed , and it was literally laying on the floor in plain view next to narcan,” says Kentucky State Police Detective Dalton Mellot.

Detective Mellot says more evidence was discovered in a bunker behind the house. “…large scales, a gigantic box of syringes that were used, needles. We found some sort of chemistry equipment and it had white residue,” says Detective Mellot.

Tucker, the mother of Miya Rudd, was brought to tears as the hearing unfolded.

Attorney at Law Zanda Myers says there’s not enough evidence to prove they were selling drugs. Myers is working as the defense attorney for Tucker.

“Your honor I would submit to the court that residue does not rise to the level of trafficking in the controlled substance. Furthermore, part of that is enhanced trafficking you can’t just make the assumption,” says Myers.

According to court documents, on June 14, KSP say they discovered a child’s remains inside of a black adidas duffle bag.

I doubt her tears were from drug withdrawal considering it's been over a week since being arrested. Most likely the worst withdrawal was over by then.

Tears because she got caught.

Found in an adidas bag? These people have to be the lowest of lowest human beings I’ve ever seen in my life. Calling them humans is an insult to us because they are monsters. MOO.

Maybe now that she's been sober for a minute, the reality of what she did to that poor baby is beginning to settle in. It is actually possible to love your kids, and be an addict and treat them like trash, all at the same time. Still, straight to prison, for all of them.

HENDERSON, Ky. (WEHT) – A new Change.org petition circulating social media titled “Miya’s Law”, to aid babies born into unsafe conditions, has garnered over 2,000 signatures.

Eric Williams, the creator of the petition, is from Central City and originally an Ohio County native. He revealed to us that he has no relation to Miya Rudd or her family but rather, is a concerned citizen that felt very passionately about the situation.

According to Williams’ petition, he writes, “It’s not a law to prevent family from being together. It’s a law to protect the innocent from a very lost and unsafe parent at home.”

One Ohio County man who now lives in Owensboro says he and his fiancée found themselves in a similar situation to her parents, Tesla Tucker and Cage Rudd, when they were giving birth to their third child.

However, the state handled their case very differently.

Suffering from addiction, Baize and his fiancée had two of their children taken away by the state when they found out they were pregnant again.

While he says they were actively in treatment and trying to do the right things, their third child, a little boy, was born.

Due to their other two kids already being in custody of the state, he says their baby was taken, no questions asked, straight from the hospital.

“We were in treatment, trying to better our situation following our case plan, and everything was going right for us at that time, and they still removed the kid,” he explains.

Following Miya’s case, he says he couldn’t help but wonder why a similar treatment wasn’t given to Tesla Tucker and Cage Rudd, who had three of their children taken by the state and placed with family?
Father shares eerily similar experience to Miya Rudd’s family, drastically different results

One Ohio County man who now lives in Owensboro says he and his fiancée found themselves in a similar situation to her parents, Tesla Tucker and Cage Rudd, when they were giving birth to their third child.

However, the state handled their case very differently.

Suffering from addiction, Baize and his fiancée had two of their children taken away by the state when they found out they were pregnant again.

While he says they were actively in treatment and trying to do the right things, their third child, a little boy, was born.

Due to their other two kids already being in custody of the state, he says their baby was taken, no questions asked, straight from the hospital.

“We were in treatment, trying to better our situation following our case plan, and everything was going right for us at that time, and they still removed the kid,” he explains.

Following Miya’s case, he says he couldn’t help but wonder why a similar treatment wasn’t given to Tesla Tucker and Cage Rudd, who had three of their children taken by the state and placed with family?
Father shares eerily similar experience to Miya Rudd’s family, drastically different results
From the way the hospital report was worded I thought Tesla & Cage absconded shortly after Miya was born.

I was shocked that they were allowed to have newborn Miya in the room with them unsupervised. I’m assuming the hospital hadn’t gotten the results from the lab, once they had the results Miya should have become a ward of the state & no one in the family would have access to her unsupervised by LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hirundo
Back