Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I don't believe anything can be ruled out at this point. I do think there have been tells by how LE has investigated this disappearance. IE search warrants on houses of men she was seen on video with, property searches on land near those properties etc. I'm still not convinced that LE k9 wouldn't have been able to pick up a trail of SS leaving one of the houses if she did in fact take off on foot. MOO And i'm sure LE has had some of the same thoughts weather they prove to be true or not. JMO

Good article, Sounds like the disagreement was that SS wanted to stay till the bar closed and the friend that was with her did not. The other friend that was interviewed for the article seems to think that she was looking for a ride to her car, And would never have went knowingly to Garrard County. I know there has been plenty of speculation on what SS intentions were that night, but I tend to listen to what the people who knew her best have to say. JMO

Although I don't believe anything can be ruled out at this point. I do think there have been tells by how LE has investigated this disappearance. IE search warrants on houses of men she was seen on video with, property searches on land near those properties etc. I'm still not convinced that LE k9 wouldn't have been able to pick up a trail of SS leaving one of the houses if she did in fact take off on foot. MOO And i'm sure LE has had some of the same thoughts weather they prove to be true or not. JMO

I’d imagine they would’ve picked up on her scent if she left. I follow another case real close and the K9’s were able to follow the victims car from her house and a few feet away from where her car was found. I tend to think they have nothing to prove she left the house. I also believe they know what happened, or have a pretty good idea.

Not sure why a best friend would go to DailyMail and divulge her friend's troubles: :(

"Certainly Savannah has had her share of turbulence in recent years with court records showing that she sought protective orders against both of her exes.

She was due to appear in court on January 7 on a DUI charge from 21 December and an 'incident' at the hospital following her twins' births saw them temporarily handed into the care of their father."

"But she admitted that Savannah had struggled with the shock of giving birth to the twins and as a result they were primarily in the care of their father at the time she went missing.

She said: 'She didn't know she was having twins until they arrived. I wasn't there but [our other friend] Sabrina was and she said that Savannah just looked terrified when she was told there were two of them.'"

I’m not real sure daily mail is considered MSM. It does have a lot of info in there but it looks like it also quotes that info that radar put out. That article directly quoted Toney Wade and he publicly refuted it.

So she's wearing the same clothing in that photo. If this was the same night something is wrong because she looks like a totally different person in that surveillance photo. Is it possible this was someone else wearing her clothes in a misdirection after something else happened. Sorry for the far fetched idea. 3rd edit I have never seen any photo so far where she looked remotely like she did in the surveillance.

Last edited:
Not sure if its just me, but while searching local news about this case. It sure seems like there have been a lot of missing persons case in this area in the last couple months. Is this normal for this area or just an anomaly?

Normal. It's just that this time we're under a microscope and getting attention that we haven't seen before. I could give you a very long list of the number of people in the Central KY area who have gone missing or been murdered in the past 12 years.With the rise of the drug issues stemming from heroin and Fentanayl, unfortunately we're getting hit pretty hard, but even before that we had some pretty terrible cases. Richmond, Lexington, Berea, and Danville are all college towns so we get a pretty wide range of people living in them. Richmond, Lexington, Corbin, London, Berea, and Georgetown all have interstate access and the traffic coming down I-75 is bad. Until my mom took on her current job, she worked closely with LE in the detention center in Richmond for a decade. I guess because of her job, I had a firsthand view of most of the info regarding crimes here in the area. This is not new. None of the LE officers I am on a first name basis with are surprised at the number of cases we've seen recently-they're just flustered at the attention.

Last edited:
Normal. It's just that this time we're under a microscope and getting attention that we haven't seen before. I could give you a very long list of the number of people in the Central KY area who have gone missing or been murdered in the past 12 years.With the rise of the drug issues stemming from heroin and Fentanayl, unfortunately we're getting hit pretty hard.

I think ab01 was talking specifically about the 3, not including Savannah, that were missing or found in Richmond co and garrard co this past month.

I think ab01 was talking specifically about the 3, not including Savannah, that were missing or found in Richmond co and garrard co this past month.

There were actually many more I found, in the general central Kentucky area in the last few months.moo

ETA not that I think it’s in any way related to this case

I’m not real sure daily mail is considered MSM. It does have a lot of info in there but it looks like it also quotes that info that radar put out. That article directly quoted Toney Wade and he publicly refuted it.
I thought that was “something” online

From all I’ve heard on WS, Daily Mail is considered MSM. I’ve seen many cases where they seemed to be doing more real reporting than other news sources—with reporters on the scene actually investigating. We should definitely treat their stories with caution, of course.

I notice that if the DM article is correct, we have an excellent and believable explanation of why we haven’t heard directly from Savannah’s friend who was with her that night. People here had wondered about that.

I thought that was “something” online

Main stream media usually refers to large news conglomerates, newspapers and broadcast media. Typically sites like the ap, cnn, Fox, etc. I know we can also use local news on here. The daily mail is a British tabloid and that’s why I thought it wasn’t allowed on here. I remember Wikipedia editors banned it a couple years ago as sources on their site so I started doing some reading about it.

From all I’ve heard on WS, Daily Mail is considered MSM. I’ve seen many cases where they seemed to be doing more real reporting than other news sources—with reporters on the scene actually investigating. We should definitely treat their stories with caution, of course.

I notice that if the DM article is correct, we have an excellent and believable explanation of why we haven’t heard directly from Savannah’s friend who was with her that night. People here had wondered about that.

The only thing I worry about is if they picked up that info from radar about the items being found during the search. In that radar article they mentioned how the quote came directly from the SAR commander and he put a statement and said it was an outright lie. That same day, the daily mail started running the same thing and it was the only site that was reporting what radar put out. The thing about SS’s friend from that night is all over SM and they never quote where they received that information and if they’ll report information as fact that’s since been refuted, then I wouldn’t put it past them to post what they’ve read on SM as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
speedygoose98