Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think ab01 was talking specifically about the 3, not including Savannah, that were missing or found in Richmond co and garrard co this past month.

When she said "last couple of months" and in the area, I was just thinking the immediate Madison County area (Richmond, Berea, Lexington, Lancaster, Danville, Renfro Valley, Irvine, Winchester). We've always had a lot of these kinds of crimes. Some got a lot of media coverage, some didn't. Irvine had a horrendous crime of the murder of a 13-year-old girl who got beheaded on a walking trail a few feet from downtown and people outside of the county didn't even hear about it. Then there was the couple who disappeared in Richmond and were later found, in pieces, buried by the side of the road. Neither one of those got a lot of local coverage, much less national attention. I think the difference now is that we have social media and it enables people to share these stories more easily.

Last edited:
So she's wearing the same clothing in that photo. If this was the same night something is wrong because she looks like a totally different person in that surveillance photo. Is it possible this was someone else wearing her clothes in a misdirection after something else happened. Sorry for the far fetched idea. 3rd edit - could this be the SAME best friend dressed as her? This is getting creepy. I have never seen any photo so far where she looked remotely like she did in the surveillance.
I mentioned that myself- it doesn't even look like her in the surveillance, but sometimes those videos can add pounds, take off pounds (never in yours truly's case), make you seem taller or shorter, blue eyes can look brown, skin tone off, so who knows? To me, her hair looks different, too, style wise, than her recent photo. I won't say it's her best friend or any friend at this point, because right now, we do know that she Face Timed with her mother, with three individuals in the car with her, so it has to be her that is missing and was last with them.

When she said "last couple of months" and in the area, I was just thinking the immediate Madison County area (Richmond, Berea, Lexington, Lancaster, Danville, Renfro Valley, Irvine, Winchester). We've always had a lot of these kinds of crimes. Some got a lot of media coverage, some didn't. Irvine had a horrendous crime of the murder of a 13-year-old girl who got beheaded on a walking trail a few feet from downtown and people outside of the county didn't even hear about it. Then there was the couple who disappeared in Richmond and were later found, in pieces, buried by the side of the road. Neither one of those got a lot of local coverage, much less national attention. I think the difference now is that we have social media and it enables people to share these stories more easily.

Yeh I know what you mean. It puts the area under a microscope too once something starts getting media attention.

I sort of hate the closedown of the Topix forums. They spewed a lot of anonymous hate, threats, etc. however, people afraid to post things anywhere else would drop info there. Are there any other sorts of rumor mill sites in the Eastern Kentucky area that need to or have been looked over for leads?

We're Central Kentucky here, not Eastern Kentucky despite the fact that the university is called EKU, but I know what you mean. There are some local sites and forums, but we can't talk about them on here. Our LE knows about them.

I have been also told before that it wasn’t considered MSM on websleuths, so now I’m curious as well...
@Tricia confirmed that this is allowed as a reliable MSM source on another case not too long ago. It is allowed on here, but just in case, I tagged Tricia.

Edit- Tricia- we are discussing the Daily Mail being allowed here on Websleuths. Sorry, for got to add that!

OMG, how gruesome for that poor 13 year old girl and that couple. I hope the suspects were caught and are behind bars! Both cases- just sick!

When she said "last couple of months" and in the area, I was just thinking the immediate Madison County area (Richmond, Berea, Lexington, Lancaster, Danville, Renfro Valley, Irvine, Winchester). We've always had a lot of these kinds of crimes. Some got a lot of media coverage, some didn't. Irvine had a horrendous crime of the murder of a 13-year-old girl who got beheaded on a walking trail a few feet from downtown and people outside of the county didn't even hear about it. Then there was the couple who disappeared in Richmond and were later found, in pieces, buried by the side of the road. Neither one of those got a lot of local coverage, much less national attention. I think the difference now is that we have social media and it enables people to share these stories more easily. Even now when people talk about big crimes here in Central KY, they usually bring up Crystal Rogers because that's the one that got the national attention. There have been many more.

I also don’t think people realize Richmond and Lexington are bigger cities than how they’re perceived. The crime and missing persons reports aren’t near what Louisville gets but both cities aren’t as “small town” as the larger media sites kind of insinuate.

@Tricia confirmed that this is allowed as a reliable MSM source on another case not too long ago. It is allowed on here, but just in case, I tagged Tricia.

Thank you Steelslady. I know it's allowed also, but alerted my own post so others can be assured. Maybe new posters aren't aware of all the rules.

Main stream media usually refers to large news conglomerates, newspapers and broadcast media. Typically sites like the ap, cnn, Fox, etc. I know we can also use local news on here. The daily mail is a British tabloid and that’s why I thought it wasn’t allowed on here. I remember Wikipedia editors banned it a couple years ago as sources on their site so I started doing some reading about it.
I know what MSN is
I was trying to be cryptic without naming R a d a r O n l i n e which was the one the Cajun group refuted, I believe

I know what MSN is
I was trying to be cryptic without naming R a d a r O n l i n e which was the one the Cajun group refuted, I believe

Lol I see. It was used as an article on here and last I looked it wasn’t taken down after alerted. It’s been a couple days since I’ve looked though

Even now when people talk about big crimes here in Central KY, they usually bring up Crystal Rogers because that's the one that got the national attention. There have been many more. We fought for years to get Brookelyn Farthing's disappearance seen on a national level. It was a couple of years after she disappeared when the popular podcast finally did an episode on her case. Why her case didn't get the attention that similar ones (Brittnee Drexel, Jessica Chambers, Maura Murray, etc.) did is anyone's guess.

I don't think these cases in the area are connected. I just think it's kind of like how, once a place is on the radar, everything that happens there is amplified. It's like how when you're pregnant, suddenly it seems like everyone is pregnant. This seems to happen in stages, too. I remember back in the late 80s we had a stream of crimes here in town and people were scared that so much was happening at the same time. "Devil worshippers" were blamed. When you looked at the stats, though, we really weren't have anymore crime than we'd been having for the past few years-people were just talking about them more and the more people talk, the more the newspapers would publish the stories. It happened again in the late 90s and again around 2013. It seems to come and go. Statistically, though, it's still a very safe area. We have very few "stranger" crimes.

Lol I see. It was used as an article on here and last I looked it wasn’t taken down after alerted. It’s been a couple days since I’ve looked though
I can only be cryptic to a point and then I’m like “time to space out the letters”!!
I can’t keep some of the sites straight as to allowed or not
But will say the details in this article are troubling

OMG, how gruesome for that poor 13 year old girl and that couple. I hope the suspects were caught and are behind bars! Both cases- just sick!

Nope. It remains "unsolved." (Quotes explaining the way I feel about that particular aspect of it.)

I mentioned that myself- it doesn't even look like her in the surveillance, but sometimes those videos can add pounds, take off pounds (never in yours truly's case), make you seem taller or shorter, blue eyes can look brown, skin tone off, so who knows? To me, her hair looks different, too, style wise, than her recent photo. I won't say it's her best friend or any friend at this point, because right now, we do know that she Face Timed with her mother, with three individuals in the car with her, so it has to be her that is missing and was last with them.
I'm going to go back and remove one part of that about the friend. She does look like what one would expect a mother recently given birth in that surveillance photo. It just looks off, eyebrows seem much shorter, hair much different, facial profile just different.

Even now when people talk about big crimes here in Central KY, they usually bring up Crystal Rogers because that's the one that got the national attention. There have been many more. We fought for years to get Brookelyn Farthing's disappearance seen on a national level. It was a couple of years after she disappeared when the popular podcast finally did an episode on her case. Why her case didn't get the attention that similar ones (Brittnee Drexel, Jessica Chambers, Maura Murray, etc.) did is anyone's guess.

I don't think these cases in the area are connected. I just think it's kind of like how, once a place is on the radar, everything that happens there is amplified. It's like how when you're pregnant, suddenly it seems like everyone is pregnant. This seems to happen in stages, too. I remember back in the late 80s we had a stream of crimes here in town and people were scared that so much was happening at the same time. "Devil worshippers" were blamed. When you looked at the stats, though, we really weren't have anymore crime than we'd been having for the past few years-people were just talking about them more and the more people talk, the more the newspapers would publish the stories. It happened again in the late 90s and again around 2013. It seems to come and go. Statistically, though, it's still a very safe area. We have very few "stranger" crimes.
That’s so true about CR. That’s the one I always reference bc I know most people have probably heard about it.

I’m hoping after this next round of searches for SS, that LE releases a little more information and it compels someone to talk. I’m also hoping the weather coming in tonight ends up being nothing like they’re saying and it doesn’t impact the scheduled search.

I will say daily mail is somewhat known for incorrect and or none verified information, so I always take it with a grain of salt. I’ve also seen where they have info nobody else does that eventually ends up being proven true. In the mollie tibbetts case their information was outrageously inaccurate. Moo

Good article, Sounds like the disagreement was that SS wanted to stay till the bar closed and the friend that was with her did not. The other friend that was interviewed for the article seems to think that she was looking for a ride to her car, And would never have went knowingly to Garrard County. I know there has been plenty of speculation on what SS intentions were that night, but I tend to listen to what the people who knew her best have to say. JMO
I tend to believe them the least

From all I’ve heard on WS, Daily Mail is considered MSM. I’ve seen many cases where they seemed to be doing more real reporting than other news sources—with reporters on the scene actually investigating. We should definitely treat their stories with caution, of course.

I notice that if the DM article is correct, we have an excellent and believable explanation of why we haven’t heard directly from Savannah’s friend who was with her that night. People here had wondered about that.
I posted yesterday. Possible incarceration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova