GUILTY KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes all the above were scenarios I thought of. But all of the above come with a risk of causing death that any Normal law abiding citizen who has any regard for life would not do because they know that any of the above can and often do result in death.
Take assault for example. If a parent gets angry and beats their child resulting in their death, aren’t they still guilty of murdering their own child?
Moo
I don't think anyone is saying he's not guilty. Just trying to figure out what happened that would fit the charges that I brought up in a previous post.

I don't think anyone is saying he's not guilty. Just trying to figure out what happened that would fit the charges that I brought up in a previous post.
I think they likely have the evidence against him. Perhaps even the COD or MOD. Going back to the discovery of her body. They were able to identify her by her tattoos. Perhaps there was evidence of strangulation, puncture wounds, or bone fractures? Moo

What is the possibility of her dying from something like a date rape drug given to her by DS.

DS never intended to kill her by giving her the drug, but his actions caused her death.

"while manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, he wantonly engaged in conduct which created a grave risk of death to her and thereby caused her death."

The only problem I see with this would be why haven't the other been charged.

JMO

I agree that this could fit but like you say, why haven't the other two men been charged? What if David was the one who had the drug and gave it to her without the other two men agreeing? Possibly they've told law enforcement David did do this. I keep thinking about the supposed cell phone video of oral sex and wonder why nobody would be charged for that if a date rape drug was used. Maybe the drug was given after that. Maybe Law Enforcement has evidence David has used this drug before on someone else.

I was thinking about the tape on her ankles too and wondering if he had taped her hands and mouth and somehow she suffocated. Did he remove some of the tape? Because there is just a murder charge added with this special definition for this murder charge, it has eliminated some of my theories for why she died. No rape chg, no kidnapping charge etc.

Last edited:
I think they likely have the evidence against him. Perhaps even the COD or MOD. Going back to the discovery of her body. They were able to identify her by her tattoos. Perhaps there was evidence of strangulation, puncture wounds, or bone fractures? Moo

I would think if it was strangulation, puncture wounds or bone fractures that would show he intentionally tried to kill her and the murder charge would read like the killer had intent to kill.

I assume exsanguination can be a COD. If so, can the MOD be undetermined?

I am considering the recent birth of her twins may have contributed to her death but if she did bleed enough to kill her, I would think it would have had to be internal. Could he have cleaned up a large amount of blood without them detecting it if not? Also seems he would have a rape chg if this is what occurred but would they charge him with murder if they can't prove a rape occurred and she died from consensual sex? Wouldn't they have to prove he knew she had recently given birth and it would be life threatening to engage in sexual intercourse?

Last edited:
What is the possibility of her dying from something like a date rape drug given to her by DS.

DS never intended to kill her by giving her the drug, but his actions caused her death.

"while manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, he wantonly engaged in conduct which created a grave risk of death to her and thereby caused her death."

The only problem I see with this would be why haven't the other been charged.

JMO

Given that the other men haven't even been named (as POI's or suspects), it's no surprise they have not been charged.

Given that the other men haven't even been named (as POI's or suspects), it's no surprise they have not been charged.

David Sparks was never labeled a suspect or person of interest to the public. It seems Law Enforcement is still investigating and the last info given on the two other men was they are not cleared. I think it's still possible they'll be charged. maybe they're waiting to see what all David has to say now that he's been charged with murder.

David Sparks was never labeled a suspect or person of interest to the public. It seems Law Enforcement is still investigating and the last info given on the two other men was they are not cleared. I think it's still possible they'll be charged. maybe they're waiting to see what all David has to say now that he's been charged with murder.

Wasn't DS named primary suspect when Savannah missing, and his home searched last January?

Sparks' arrest citation states that a man called his attorney Wednesday to report a foul odor coming from his property and was concerned.

This, coupled with Sparks' being a primary suspect in the Spurlock missing persons case, prompted law enforcement agencies to take another look at the property.

SECOND UPDATE: Human remains confirmed to be Spurlock's

Wasn't DS named primary suspect when Savannah missing, and his home searched last January?

Sparks' arrest citation states that a man called his attorney Wednesday to report a foul odor coming from his property and was concerned.

This, coupled with Sparks' being a primary suspect in the Spurlock missing persons case, prompted law enforcement agencies to take another look at the property.

Until the murder charge was announced, Law Enforcement had not labeled any of the three men as persons of interest or suspects as far as telling the public.

That's one of the reasons many felt Savannah had just ran away.

Correction

I'll be safe and say, before David was charged with a crime, Law Enforcement had not told the public that any of the three men were persons of interest or suspects in Savannah being missing.

Last edited:

I don't think any of the men were named suspects until after Spark's arrest. Imo

I would think if it was strangulation, puncture wounds or bone fractures that would show he intentionally tried to kill her and the murder charge would read like the killer had intent to kill.
But it does
Sparks committed "the offense of murder when he intentionally caused the death of Savannah Spurlock, or, while manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, he wantonly engaged in conduct which created a grave risk of death to her and thereby caused her death."

I think the “OR” part is the grand jury giving him very little wiggle room to say it was an accident. Moo.

David Sparks indicted on murder charge in Spurlock case

But it does
Sparks committed "the offense of murder when he intentionally caused the death of Savannah Spurlock, or, while manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, he wantonly engaged in conduct which created a grave risk of death to her and thereby caused her death."

I think the “OR” part is the grand jury giving him very little wiggle room to say it was an accident. Moo.

David Sparks indicted on murder charge in Spurlock case

The reason for this discussion on the murder chg is because it gives different things to consider other than he intentionally killed her. I assume this is because Ky only has 1st degree murder and they did not want to knock this down to manslaughter.

The reason for this discussion on the murder chg is because it gives different things to consider other than he intentionally killed her. I assume this is because Ky only has 1st degree murder and they did not want to knock this down to manslaughter.
They must have evidence that there was a reasonably amount of intent and malice, otherwise they would have charged him with manslaughter, I would think. Imo

They must have evidence that there was a reasonably amount of intent and malice, otherwise they would have charged him with manslaughter, I would think. Imo

The evidence the prosecution has for the murder charge and if it's lacking in proving intent, may make a difference in a plea bargain, him being convicted of murder or in his sentencing if convicted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back